Stronger

Their Powers

After another hour of healing the guys, we all went to the building. KyungSoo was still grasping on the hair he got from the huntress. “They’ve gotten stronger,” Kris said as he got up. “It makes things interesting, doesn’t it?” Choi smiled a bit. “Stop joking like that, Choi. If those hunters attacked again, we’ll all be dead,” Chanyeol scowled. “Oh, come on. Well, with your level of control over fire, I expected you’ll think like that but I don’t have anything to control, don’t I? Only the little bit of sanity I still have,” Choi said, trying to provoke Chanyeol.

“You still have sanity left? I thought all of it vanished when you let those hunters attack us,” Chanyeol growled. “And you returned here after all you’ve done,” KyungSoo added. “It was the right thing to do with my benefit. I knew you won’t reject me returning here since I am still part of the pack and also, I’ll get enough safety from the hunters,” Choi said as she smirked. She looked arrogant as she said those words.

Was she really the luna back then?

“Could you all just shut up?” Kris shouted. “Nothing will be resolved with all these fighting and arguments! It’ll just make matters worse for all of us, including you, Choi,” Suho said as he pointed at Choi. “Can’t you keep your mate on a leash, Chen-hyung?” Sehun said as he turned to Chen who looked ashamed of Choi.

“Stop that, Sehun. Nothing can stop Choi if she wants to do something. We’ve learned that since then,” Tao commented. “Chen-hyung’s just too weak to handle Choi,” Kai said as he smirked.

“What did you just say about my beloved?”

Choi sped up towards Kai’s front and one of her claws pointed at Kai’s chin. “Try to say it again, Jong-in. Try to say it again. I dare you,” she said as the claw touched Kai’s skin. He froze in his spot. He didn’t say anything. I saw beads of sweat trickling down his cheeks. “Why are you so quiet? Hunter got your tongue?” Choi smirked some more.

Xiumin made a smart choice to freeze Choi’s hand. “Stop that already. You’re disrespecting the alphas,” he coldly said. “Oops. My bad, Xiumin,” she said as she turned to us with a devilish smile on her face. She lightly bowed in the direction of the two alphas.

“Please continue, Your Majesties.”

I was sure she was mocking the two but Kris and Suho kept quiet about that. “So, I saw Sujin being able to control her power,” Suho said. “The problem is she’s not aware whenever she uses it. She might be able to use its full potential against us,” Baekhyun commented as he looked at me. “And I might not be able to stop her,” he added.

All of them then stared at me. “Sujin, what did it feel like when you were using your power?” Lay asked. I shrugged. “I didn’t feel anything. I can’t even think of anything as I used my power,” I answered. “How can that be? That only happens when an eclipse comes or a full moon,” KyungSoo questioned.

“She may be a special exception to that, KyungSoo,” Luhan finally spoke up. He had one of his hands by his chin, one finger tapping his lips. “What do you mean, Lu-ge?” Xiumin asked. “I mean what I say, Xiumin. She’s an exception to that rule. She wasn’t aware what she was capable of for a very long time. Plus, darkness is all around us during the night right?” Luhan said as he approached me.

He went around me, examining me like I was his next victim. “Her power works best when there is not one speck of light in a certain place. Since Baekhyun was injured, nothing can be a source of light so that’s when her power decided to show itself and the wolf in Sujin decided to take control. Deep inside, Sujin can control her power. She just doesn’t know. She’s not aware of it. And I’m sure…” He looked at me in the eye.

“You don’t want to be aware of it either, do you?” He said as he smirked at me. I shook my head. “I never wanted to be a wolf after all,” I told him. Of course, the others weren’t shocked. How many times have I told them that? I detested being a wolf. I was never with them in killing humans.

I had more humanity than that huntress could’ve had.

“So there’s the answer. It presented itself,” Luhan said as he turned to the others. “If Sujin accepts her fate, she can control her powers even just a tiny bit. If she completely accepts her destiny then she’ll be able to control it like Choi can control her strength,” he said as he gestured to the woman near him.

“I take that as a compliment. Thank you, Luhan,” Choi smirked. ”Contrary to what we thought, Sujin will be a dangerous opponent of taken lightly,” Chen finally said something. “If she rebelled and was aware of her powers like Choi was, it will be surely dangerous. Luckily, she’s not that smart. If she were…” I felt insulted by what Chanyeol said but it was true. I wasn’t that smart. I wasn’t nearly as smart as them.

“What if her wolf was?” Choi brought it up. “What if her conscience was smarter than all of ours? Wouldn’t that be our disadvantage?” Choi said as she smiled at me. She looked like she wanted me to go crazy. She looked like she wanted me to accept my fate and be allies with her if she decided to rebel again. She looked like she knew my full capabilities more than anyone in this pack knew.

“Choi is right. Let’s just observe Sujin closely while her power isn’t fully developed. Everyone, train yourselves more. We need to join forces if an eclipse or full moon is near. Sujin is likely to go crazy like…” Suho sympathetically looked at Luhan. “Like Luhan did back then,” he finished his sentence.

“I don’t want to go through that hell again so you better control yourself, she-wolf,” Kai threatened me. Choi glared at him. “Don’t be too harsh on the woman, Kai. If she were your mate, you wouldn’t be able to hurt her. And also, I’ll be the one treating her like that, dark boy,” she said as her claws grew on her other hand.

With that, I knew I’ll experience more of this hellish nightmare and I’ll grow farther away from where I am with my connections with humans. I hope it all ends soon.