There's Something About a War

Could I Leave You? (EDITING IN PROGRESS)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"What do you mean you 'can't see anything’? Are you blind.. Permanently?"

Kyungsoo panicked. He did not want to stress Kai out anymore than he could take, so he did the only thing he could think of in an instant. He lied.

"No, it'll be only for about 2 weeks. 3 weeks, tops."

Kai let out a big smile and a slight giggle. "I'm just glad your alive, that's all." Although Kyungsoo cannot obviously see him, he hears the smile in his lovers voice, and gets brought closer into his embrace. 

Kyungsoo has a worried look on his face as he rests his head on Kai's shoulder. How was he going to tell him that he was blind for life now? This would devastate him, Kyungsoo thought, or even worse. He could leave me. Who would want to spend the rest of their days caring for a blind guy? Their relationship was already on thin ice as it was. Kyungsoo was even surprised that Kai overlooked the whole Tao situation. But even so, it would be too exhausting to care for a blind guy, especially when they are still in high school having not even graduated or having stable employment.

~

Meanwhile down the hall, Dr. Han and Suho were talking about everything Suho needed to know to take care of his newly blinded brother. Everything from how to use a cane, receiving braille lessons, guide dog assistance, you name it. Suho just sat in his chair, listening to the doctors chatter while his thumb and index finger pinched the area between his forehead the entire time. He was thinking about not only Kyungsoo's life, but his life too. He would have to spend the rest of his days taking care of his brother.

"Mr. Kim, we are very sorry once again. We will of course be compensating for your situation in hope that you don't take legal action on us." The fact that the doctors overlooked the matter could cause the hospital millions of dollars if Suho decided to sue. But Suho wasn’t the troubled, delinquent he once was. He had matured. And Suho didn’t want to do anything to worry his brother at this point.

"It's fine. These things happen, right?"

Luhan flexed his lips inwards and gazed down at the desk, not knowing what to say in response. "We suggest you go home, it's getting late now. We will be keeping Kyungsoo in our care for a few more days. On the plus side of things, his legs have recovered quite quickly, but he will need to stay put in a wheelchair for about 4 more weeks."

~

Date: Monday 26th May 2014

Just little over two weeks had passed since Kyungsoo had awakened from his coma. It was the morning; his first day back at school since last month. The past two weeks for Kyungsoo consisted of braille lessons and physiotherapy. He could walk fine, but he wasn't able to maintain his stability for long. For this reason, he would have to rely on his friends and brother to help him for the time being. Of course, his friends didn't mind helping at all.

Kyungsoo hears a car horn from outside the driveway.

"Kyungsoo! Your friends are to pick you up." Suho observes from the windows next to the door as he arrives downstairs. "Have you finished your cereal?"

Kyungsoo twirls his spoon inside, trying to determine the contents of the bowl. It seems like there’s nothing left. "I think so." Kyungsoo answers.

"Okay, I've hooked your bag onto the back of your wheelchair. I'll clean up after, but let's just get you to Chanyeol's car." Suho proceeds to roll his brother to the front door, when Kyungsoo stops him. "What's the matter?" the elder male asks.

"I'm sorry you have to take care of me like this." Kyungsoo's eyes start to tear.

"Don't be stupid."

"No brother, you really don't understand. I'm a burden to you now. You don’t have to say it, but I can feel it. I know it. Every day for the rest of your life, half of your time will have to be dedicated to me, and-"

"Kyungsoo, stop." Suho kneels in front of Kyungsoo and rests his palms on his knees. "You took care of me in February, and I owe you for that. Think of this as me repaying my debts." Suho runs the edg

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter