Dark Threat

The Day The Music... Multiplied

Two days later, Sungmin and Ryeowook were in the elevator at the hotel. It was 10 pm and they were both tired after their doctor's examinations and keeping an appointment with the cake baker for the wedding. Though on the bright side, Sungmin was convinced that his wedding cake would be a work of art.

Sungmin sighed, so far he had actually spent more time in the hospital than he had here at the hotel. But management wanted them out of the hospital as early as possible. Donghae was still under observation at the hospital and Ryeowook wasn't due to give birth to his next (and last) baby for almost a week yet so he was keeping Sungmin company. A large camera crew was with them, as always but everyone was quiet. 
It had been exhausting to see the lobby so full of people who wanted to catch a glimpse of them and the babies. He felt like he should be used to it after so many years... 

But because of all the trips they had made to the hospital and back to the hotel, without the babies, fans and the media were starting to talk about hoaxes again. That was the last thing they wanted, but it would only be a few more days until they moved the nursery to the hotel.

Sungmin would rather have stayed at the hospital with the babies anyway. But because he was well enough to be on his own at least part of the day now, it was probably best for him to have a little more privacy and freedom to move around than he had at the hospital. 

And, at least the babies were safe from the commotion like what was going on downstairs in the lobby. The little ones were still at the hospital because the youngest ones still needed round the clock feedings. Luckily most of Tanya's veterinary staff from Kentucky had come to the hospital from her clinic last week. They came to ease the workload of the nurses that worked for Dr. Brooks. 

So everyone at the hospital was still very busy helping Tanya prepare things to move all the babies and their makeshift nursery over to the hotel. But Sungmin's twins in particular were still too fragile to travel so all the babies were still staying at the hospital together for a little more bonding time.

Sungmin wanted to help care for his babies himself, but Dr. Brooks insisted that he was still in fragile condition. He and the other moms had open wounds and contamination of their incisions was a constant worry for Dr. Brooks and his staff. So for now, he had no choice but to let professionals handle the babies' care.

Now that they were back at the hotel, the plan was for him and Ryeowook to get some rest and to relax a little before the next wave of little ones were born. 

Sungmin sighed, he was very tired but he knew there was probably no way he'd be able to sleep tonight. Kangin and the rest of their non-pregnant members were taping TV shows in LA today and wouldn't be rejoining them until late tomorrow.

He thought about kicking the film crew out for the night and crawling into bed immediately once they reached their rooms. But with Kangin on the other side of the country he probably wouldn't sleep well in their empty bed anyway.

When the elevator chimed and opened on their floor, he and Ryeowook shuffled tiredly down the hall. There was a policeman in their hall here too and Sungmin didn't like it. It was like being on guard all of the time, but given what had happened at the hospital, perhaps it was better to be safe than sorry. 

Ryeowook's room was right next to his, but just before Sungmin reached his door he heard Ryeowook gasp. Curious, he followed him into the other room.

Yesung and Ryeowook's room was not the well organized place that it should have been. There were clothes thrown all over the bed, the contents of a neatly organized make-up kit was scattered across one of the large dressers and Ryeowook's supplements had been dragged out of their bags and spread all over the bed and the desk. 

"Alright," Their manager poked his head into the room and grinned. "Home sweet home, huh?"

Sungmin shook his head. "Hyung look around! There is no way Yesung-hyung would have left the room this way when they left for LA!"

Their manager looked around, his smile quickly turned into anger and he left the room to talk to the policeman on watch. 

Sungmin put a hand on Ryeowook's shoulder when he realized that he'd started to pick up his suppliments. The younger man was trembling and Sungmin realized he was too as he hugged him tightly. "Wait. I think we need to let the police look at everything before we try to clean up the mess."

Ryeowook blushed, but hugged him back and buried his face in his shoulder. "I... Yeah..."

Sungmin noticed a sheet of red paper lying on the bed among the clothes but he didn't touch it or mention it. He didn't want to upset Ryeowook any further.

He wondered for a moment if his room had been ransacked too, but he stayed with Wookie. And a few minutes later their manager came back in. 

"Are you guys okay? Who ever did this only got into this room. The other rooms are still secure- I just helped our guard check on them."

"Didn't the guard hear anything?" Ryeowook asked.

Their manager shook his head. "I'm afraid not but remember the guard isn't right outside; he's at the intersection of the two halls. Everyone insisted that would be close enough to protect your rooms." 

"More police are coming to investigate," Their manager said, leading them both back out into the hall. "We're supposed to wait outside."

Sungmin nodded, "Come on. You can stay with me tonight. Can we go to my room?" 

"I don't understand," Ryeowook looked around, he looked dazed. "How could this have happened?"

"I didn't want to worry anyone," Their manager sighed. "But the guard that was on duty here this morning mentioned to me that there had been a scuffle just down the hall shortly after breakfast. He said the argument was brief but now it looks like it might have been the distraction that got the intruder inside your room. Especially since he said there was another scuffle in the same room about an hour later. That was might be how the intruder got out. I already mentioned it to the police to check the security cameras."

After they each spoke with the police separately a number of times, they were allowed to go to Sungmin's room. The younger man disappeared into the bathroom to take a shower immediately. Sungmin laid out pair of clean shorts and a tee-shirt on the other side of the oversized bed for him to sleep in once he was done. 

Sungmin changed into his own bed clothes and sighed as he crawled under the sheets. His thoughts were a jumble of the break in and his upcoming wedding. 

He looked at the pink sapphire ring and smiled. He was glad that they were almost done planning the wedding. But now that there had been an intruder at the hotel, he wondered if it was safe to go ahead with it. 


Sungmin groaned tiredly and snuggled down into his pillows. "I'm so ready for all of this to be over..."

"Me too," Ryeowook said in a small voice. "I want to go home."

Sungmin sat up and wrapped his arms around the younger man. "Me too. Tomorrow I guess we meet with the real estate agents."

Ryeowook nodded drowsily. "Yeah, since everything is still being recorded I guess the company is looking at some really pricey places. Manager hyung said the company already has 3 places lined up to show us. Each one has to be big enough for all of us and the nursery."
Sungmin awakened often during the night. Ryeowook was exhausted but he seemed to be having a bad dream. He wouldn’t stay still.
Sungmin sighed and climbed out of bed, heading for the bathroom. But he stopped when he got a text from their manager and frowned when it said “Meet me in the hall.”

“Hyung?” Sungmin whispered as he put on his robe and stepped out into the hall. “What is it?”

Their manager was still in his clothes and he looked exhausted. “Is he still asleep?”

Sungmin nodded, he hadn’t wanted to wake him. “Yeah. What’s wrong?”

“The police found a note in the room… I didn’t want to tell anyone, but the police are worried. So far you’re the only one who knows. Let’s keep it that way, okay? At least until tomorrow.”

Sungmin frowned remembering the red slip of paper on the bed. “A note?”

“Yeah.” Their manager hesitated. “It says ‘Are you scared yet?’”

Sungmin frowned. “What?”

Their manager put a hand on Sungmin’s shoulder. “That’s not all. A half hour ago I was going to go into my room to take a shower. There was another red note on the floor at my feet. It said ‘You will be.” Min- my room is on the other side of yours now. I was moved to a different room less than an hour ago.”

“Then the person who did this could still be here in the hotel?”

Their manager shook his head. “Maybe not. A maid has been fired for admitting to using her key to let the female intruders into Ryeowook’s room, but that happened hours ago. She claims she knew nothing about either of the notes or who wrote them. The three girls who paid the maid to let them in, also claim they don’t know anything about who wrote the first note either. They claim they thought it was creepy but they all gave the same story; that a man they met in the lobby wearing a long coat and shades gave them a thousand US dollars just to leave the first note ‘somewhere in the room’. The police said they seemed honestly scared and sorry for delivering it when they heard that someone had brought in another threatening note. The girls are claiming to be Super Junior fans.” 

Sungmin didn’t know what to say. He slumped against the wall, feeling betrayed and bewildered. “How could this have happened? Is this related to the man who injected Donghae?”

“The police don’t want to speculate on that. They are really busy right now. I spent most of the night on the phone with the company. Just before the police let me go, I heard from the company that tomorrow morning, you and the others will all be moved to a secure building and a secluded apartment- one that is closer to Dr. Brook's hospital.”

“Where?” Sungmin asked. 

“I don’t know either.” Their manager sighed. “But as I understand it, there will be enough room for everyone to spread out and there will be plenty of room for the nursery, the babies and their attendants.”