Keeping It Quiet...

The Day The Music... Multiplied

 



“Easy there,” Sungmin heard, in English. It seemed strange even as he tried to open his eyes and sat up, attempting to look around. He was on the floor in a small room decorated in soothing blues and grey tones but he couldn’t remember where he was, and the conference room was unfamiliar.

“Relax, hyung.” Ryeowook said, worriedly leaning over him. He heard Heechul arguing with Leeteuk in the background but he was sure that he heard Kibum’s voice too and that didn’t make any sense either. 

The last time they had seen Kibum was- oh dear… His eyes widened as he saw the blond and blue eyed American doctor and realized he wasn’t just dreaming; he and three other members of their group had really managed to get themselves pregnant.

Sungmin scowled and looked at Ryeowook. “Remind me to cut Kangin’s off for this, the next time we see him…”

Ryeowook snorted, “Yeah right, hyung. We’re all upset right now but as soon as you see him again, you two will be all over each other. Besides, it might not be his babies anyway.”

Sungmin paused, trying to remember details that were shrouded in a thick fog of the chemicals that had no doubt been ingested within those purple drinks. He sighed, only able to remember hazy bits of passionate kissing in some shadowy corridor with Eunhyuk and Donghae on the back of his neck before Siwon stole his attention. 

He woke up in bed only after Siwon had gone, but that was alright because Kangin was there, and as usual. He was jealous too even though Sungmin knew damn well that he’d been with their leader, and Kami only knew who else. So, after Kangin dozed off, Sungmin went and found Ryeowook to play with, which made his raccoon jealous again…

Not that it had ever mattered before; they were all in pretty open relationships but he had a feeling that being pregnant would change that. How were their fans going to react to knowing that some of their so called favorite pairings were totally real? Sungmin wasn’t sure he wanted to know but he had a feeling that this not going to be pretty-

“Hyung,” Ryeowook poked Sungmin in the arm. “Hey! Guys, you need to see this!”

“Yesung said this aired a half hour ago on K-Entertainment Tonight.” Wookie turned up the volume on his phone as the others crowded around them.

“Everyone knows that K-Pop sensation Super Junior has been very busy lately. The group cancelled several appearances leading up to their 2 mega hit Super Show 3 concerts in Kuala Lampur just this week. But sources close to the group have confirmed that five members- including the usually absent Kim Kibum are together in New York City right now! What are they there for? Well, SME had not responded to our questions yet when we went on the air but a spokeswoman for the boys said that this trip will not affect the group’s live concert in Taipei next week. You can bet that we’ll be watching this developing story closely. For now, that’s it for this edition of K-Entertainment tonight! Thanks for watching and goodnight, everyone!”

“ this. How do they always know what we are doing so fast?” Heechul wailed. 

“The internet,” Leeteuk shrugged.

Ryeowook nodded holding up his phone again. “See, our landing in New York has been on Youtube for seven hours already and has 4,572 hits so far.”

Heechul rolled his eyes. "I know that, but it isn't like any of us uploaded it."

“And let's keep it that way. No Twitter, no Cyworld and no one outside of the group needs to know. I’m sure whoever is in charge at the dorm is telling the others at home the same thing for now,” Their manager shook his head sternly. “Doctor, I’ll need some time to get in touch with the company.”

The doctor nodded and glanced at Sungmin. “Are you okay? I would like to move you to the couch along the back wall.”

Sungmin nodded and Kibum and Ryeowook helped him get up and let him stretch out on the sofa. Fainting had been embarrassing but he felt a little better now. 

What is going to happen now?” Sungmin asked the doctor in his best English. 

The American hesitated but his voice was sincere when he spoke again. “Well, that’s up to each of you. But I’m here to take care of you, whatever you decide. For now I need to go talk to my staff and also see if they’ve found the article yet.” 

“Thank you,” Sungmin said quietly. The doctor smiled before he turned to leave. Now that they were alone, Sungmin looked around at the others. They looked pale and as tired as he felt- even Kibum was quieter than usual.

Their manager was the first to return and he looked anxious when he sat down at the table, motioning for them to join him. “I think you all know that everyone at home is very upset… But I got this statement directly from our Company’s president. He says you need to take the doctor’s advice and terminate-”

“No,” Sungmin shook his head.

“Wait,” Their manager growled. “I’m not finished. The company is more worried about each of you than its image. You must take care of your health. The doctor has already said that there is great risk to each of you, as well as to the babies.”

“They can’t just pretend that nothing happened and we all know that is what they want to do,” Sungmin snapped. “This is already bigger than just us. What if the crazy lady who did this goes to the media and tells them why we are here? That would be the scandal our president dreads… Or worse, what if she keeps quiet and does this to someone else? Even if we did go through with the operation, she could still point us out as her first try. If we don’t do something about her then sooner or later someone else is going to be her guinea pigs.”

“I understand your feelings, Sungmin but I-”

“How could you? You’re married and settled with a baby of your own on the way, rather than gay, single and pregnant…” Sungmin snorted and rolled his eyes.

“Okay,” Kibum grinned leaning back in his chair. “That was great, but now tell us how you really feel, hyung.”

Heechul laughed and smacked the younger male in the arm. “I missed you, Brat.”

Even Leeteuk cracked a grin for that. “We all did, Bummie.”

“Yeah, but I feel like I should call Hannie,” Heechul cackled at Sungmin.

“What for?” their manager looked pissed.

“Because Sungmin finally admitted he’s gay,” Ryeowook sighed. “But it’s okay, hyung. Kibum, Kyu, Heechul and I are still gay too.”

Sungmin nodded. He already knew that but he was blushing anyway. Siwon, Yesung and Kangin were gay too, but they were each tops, by preference. Shindong was the only straight male in Super Junior, the others were all actively bi. Henry was more fun when he was drunk because he was bi too, once relaxed enough to admit it but Zhoumi was another definite bottom. 

A knock on the door announced that the doctor had returned and he held a magazine in one hand that he opened and dropped on the table. “It won’t make much sense to any of you, but it is here if you want to read it. It details the preparation and administration of her formula but from what I have gathered from you, it seems as if none of you were in a laboratory or clinic recently.

“They were all at a party recently though and there was a strange purple drink served there,” Kibum said.

The doctor nodded. “That was only the final step, consider it an activator solution. The rest of the plan had already been set up and implemented about a week earlier, in other small stages and apparently she did a good job of keeping it hidden from you all.”

“We’re entertainers; they are rushed through photo shoots, appearances and stages and hastily fed catered meals all day long.” Kibum sighed. “I’d never thought about it before, but I suppose it wouldn’t be too difficult for someone to mess with them.”

Heechul’s phone rang and he almost dropped it in surprise. “Hello?”

Siwon was on the other end and he sounded winded as if he was in a hurry. “Hello? Hyung, please tell the others that we are on our way.”

“What do you mean?”

“We are joining you in New York tonight. I’ll call you again as soon as we land. Kangin and the others insisted that we should all be together right now... Please don’t decide anything without us. Because- saranghae.”

“I… Okay, you too. Thanks, horse.” 

What was that all about?” Leeteuk asked.

“They’re coming to see us.”

“Yesung too?” 

Heechul nodded. “The raccoon couldn’t bear to be kept away from his bunny.”

Sungmin scowled and that made Kibum laugh. “You two are back together again?”

Ryeowook smirked. “They have decided that they like to make each other jealous.”

“And you weren’t complaining about helping, were you?” Sungmin shrugged. Ryeowook blushed and pretended he was busy playing with his phone.

“I suppose that means things are still just as big of a mess as it was when I left.” Kibum shook his head wistfully. 

“Nope,” Heechul shook his head and looked right at Sungmin. “It has grown worse. Not only is my Dragon gone, but my damn Horse has decided he likes bunnies.”

“That only started after you started your little thing with Teuki-hyung,” Sungmin said smugly. “Besides, I told you not to keep making him jealous with Def Con and Mithra…”

“Oh crap…” Kibum sighed and then he tackled Heechul to the floor to keep him from jumping over the table. Sungmin just leaned back in his chair and stuck his tongue out. Meanwhile, the doctor looked around in total confusion, because all that had been said was in Korean- except for Kibum’s “Oh crap”.