The Terrible Truth

Shattered

So, this is just a mini chapter. If you readers like it, I may continue it.

 

It was the third time this week he was late. His excuse was that he was working late on his music. For a while you believed that lie since he was an idol after all, but that instantly changed on the night you saw that text come up on his phone. You never wanted to be a girl that had to deal with that text. Among your friends you were the lucky one who never had any issues with your boyfriend, and for that you were grateful because you saw what it could do to someone. There were multiple instants where you had to watch your closest friends build themselves up again from nothing but the shambles their supposed loved ones left them in.

It was last week when you felt yourself begin to fall apart. It was the first night all week that Yoongi had been home early, and instead of spending that time with you, he spent it taking a shower and going through his closet. You heard the vibration of a phone on the table followed by a loud ding. Without thinking twice you looked over and read the text on Yoongi’s phone.

Why did you go home? Was it to see your girlfriend? Come hang out with me, you said I was more fun.

You read the text over and over again; it didn’t-no couldn’t be processed in your head. You kept your eyes on the screen of his phone, even after it went back. The tears in your eyes began to overflow despite how much you tried to hold them in. The only thing that stopped your water filled eyes was the sound of Yoongi walking back into the living room. Your eyes instantly darted up to his face and you immediately saw something in his expression click. He knew. When your eyes began to tear up again, you could see a hint of disgust on Yoongi’s face. Before you got to say anything, Yoongi was grabbing his jacket and preparing to leave.

“Why?” that was the only word that could pass your lips even if only in a whisper. You could feel the tears starting to stream down your cheeks, your mascara running down with it. Even if you could see how utterly ridiculous you looked in that moment, you still couldn’t guarantee that you would stop. The man you loved had been leaving you alone each night, making you miss him while he was out with another woman. Yoongi ignored your desperate cries and let anyway, probably to meet her.

Everything was a haze. You were numb and couldn’t feel anything anymore. Whether it was out of anger or sadness, you began to throw anything that was in reach of you, hoping one of those objects would knock down the collection of photos you had displayed of you and Yoongi. By the end of the night you were a sobbing mess, curled up in a ball on the floor with everything around you destroyed. Never had you imagined that being in shatters could hurt this much.

“Please don’t take him.” you whispered repeatedly to yourself over and over again, hoping that your plea would become reality.