School

The Darkness in My Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taeyeon's POV

I woke up in my own dried up blood, the smell wasn't delighting. I took a quick shower and got dressed for the first day of school. I made my way to the living area, where I toasted my own bread, spread out the other objects that were edible; A glass of water, Tea and finally the piece of bread that was conservingly spread with peanut butter. I hugged my dukong quickly, taking in its scent before finally leaving a kiss on each of the peas, "You're the only one I can talk to now" I whispered as I gently rested the dukong back onto my bed.

I took the regular bus to school, it was usually empty but I was already used to the quietness, the lack of sound was like my natural habitat where I would hibernate in thought. 

The school grounds were flooding with students, most of which were pretty old faces. The new kids in school were awfully shy, especially the raven haired girl.

"TAEYEON!!!" I was pushed forward as a brute force pressured my back.

"Hey Jess" I smiled like a fool. I forgot when was the last time i smiled since the school ended last year. At the very least now I was sincerely greatful for my best friend and I to be finally reaquainted.

"So how was your holiday?" She asked with excitement in her eyes.

I remained silent and my face morphed from joy to a solemn expression, I really hated that particular holiday month. How could so much happen in the span of 2 months? My eyes began to swell as tears welled up in my eyes again. Jessica noticed my change in mood and she remembered why. She hurriedly hugged me tightly in her arms, squeezing me as tight as possible in a possesive manner. It was too late as tears began streaming down my eyes rapidly and I sniffed incoherently. I closed my eyes and wailed silently, almost sounding like a dog when it was getting tammed by its master. I brought my hands up to her neck and hugged her back, crying in her shoulders as I did so.

How I missed this feeling, the feeling of affection, the feeling of someone that genuinely cared for you... the feeling of being loved.

"Oh my gosh Tae, I'm so sorry, I should've known better. I'm so so sorry"

...

"Tae, talk to me please, I'm so sorry" She tugged at my petite body tighter. I couldn't let her see me like this, so vulnerable and friable, I had to be strong. Finally regaining my composure from the previous brief nervous breakdown, I wipped my tears away with my han

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter