The D Drabbles

We have gone ahead
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
1. Distance 

At the height of her theatre rehearsals and promotions and his touring and drama filming, they only hear and see each other from their phones. On one of these phone calls he says that their seeing each other only twice a month at most is actually partly good for the relationship (without elaborating on any reasons, as he always does), and she understands him and partly agrees. Her mind rebels. “If you want this kind of relationship, we can see each other once every two months.” And he apologizes laughingly, “There’s a delicate balance between missing you so I can love you more and just punishing myself. I don’t think I can survive that.”

The next time she sees him in person, it was at the opening of her musical. She sees that he’s changed his hair color to an ashy brown. He looks at her and he was so handsome to her, more than he’s ever been.  She smiles at him. “I like your hair.”

 

2. Dresses

She gets picky about her clothing. She’s stubborn and she doesn’t agree with him about a lot of stuff, but when it comes to clothing, she sometimes asks him for advice. He’s pleased about it and flattered. He likes and is endeared by the way she dresses, just because it’s just naturally her. She dresses y and jawdropping one moment and goes for simple classic the next. He even likes how bad their stylist dresses hers because it somehow tugs at his heart.  He already had formed the notion before that a classic look, paired with something unexpected was very innovative and unique, very fitting in an age where people either gravitate towards basic or quite extreme.

When she comes out, the first thing he asks her is “How much is that?”

She laughs and sighs at him, tapping her feet.  “20000 won.”

He stares at her and blinks, “That’s too much.”

She goes to him and slaps his arm, “I like this dress! Just because it’s cheaper than what you’re used to, doesn’t mean it’s not good. You don’t like it?”

“You make everything look nice. You’re beautiful. You’re too y.”

She slaps him harder. “Oppa, be serious.”

“I am. Honestly, my heart is aching.” 

 

3.  Dancing

He loves dancing and he also loves to make her laugh. He's very pleased how effectively his dancing makes her laugh. She laughs covering with her hand and her shoulders shake. He likes the way her eyes look and the way her hair follows her movement when she laughs.

This afternoon he put on his Edith Piaf record (which of course, like any kind of music he listened to, he immediately started dancing to).

He saw that she was reading a book.He really didn't like not being paid attention to, so he pulled her up amidst her protests of "no, no no no don't oppa"   and lowered his head and tucked her arms around his neck and  hugged her waist. He brought her up to him until their knees and chest and foreheads were touching. 

They dance slowly and silently around the room, cracking up every once in a while, and he kisses her forehead and her eyelids and her cheeks. He closes his eyes sometimes because he felt his own tenderness and hers were the same. Please let me have her. 

"I love these songs too." Her warm breath tickles his lips and he can't resist so he kisses her upper lip softly. 

"I'll sing them to you."Her arms tighten around his neck and she presses closer, resting her head against his shoulder. He feels the blush rising up his neck to his ear. She kisses his jaw and sings against his neck.

Eyes that swallow mine,
A laugh lost on his lips
Here is the unaltered picture
Of the man to whom I belong
.....

When he takes me in his arms
He speaks to me softly
I see life in pink.......

He has entered my heart
A place of happiness
Of which I understand the reason.*

*(The song is by Edith Piaf, and TOP seems to be a big fan. The first he posted is Hymn to Love: http://lyricstranslate.com/en/lhymne-%C3%A0-lamour-hymn-love-english-title-if-you-love-me.html#songtranslation; and the second, which he was actually dancing to as shown on GD's ig vid is He Saw me all : http://lyricstranslate.com/en/il-ma-vue-nue-he-saw-me-all-.html; what

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter