The End - Yejin.

When A Werewolf Falls In Love.

Yejin's POV

 

Sigh. Here’s another day, waiting to eat me up with another 24 hours in this damn land called America. Currently, a 64 years old, mad woman is eating her lunch, hoping she would choke to death. But she couldn’t just wish that. She couldn’t bear the pain her husband and children would have to bear with. Who would care about this damn granny who everyone thought she lost her mind, anyway?

Maybe, I did loose my mind. Maybe, just maybe, everything was an illusion.

 

 

-dring dring-

 

 

The phone rang, pulling me back to earth while I hoped I would just spare my life up in the skies. Young forever. With-

“Mom! Mr. Joonmyun is on the line.” I heard my daughter call. With a sigh I got up and decided to prepare myself for the worst.

“No. I’ll come and see it by myself, and then we’ll decide about it.” I said with a calm yet demanding voice.

“But-”

“No objections, mister. I know you were his friend. But that house… I can’t give it away this easily.”

After everything was settled, everyone’s eyes were on me. I hated attention but now, the situation in this family depended on my words.

“I’ll be flying to South Korea.”

 

 

 LuHan's POV

 

Every girl was looking straight at my eyes, as if begging me to notice them and ask them out. What’s wrong with humans and girls lately? Have they gone mad or is it just me and my imagination. Oh well, I hoped it was only me but I was extremely wrong. This world has now turned into a living hell. And idiots live longer than smart and kind hearted people. Yay! Let this world disappear in hell.

“LuHan!” Joonmyun, one of my best friends called my name while waving his hands in the air, running towards me in the crowded halls of this damn high school.

“Hey Joonmoney.” I joked as he neared me and gave me a side hug, which I would call a bone crashing hug. This guy looks calm and gentle but I’m telling you, you’ll regret it soon.

“Man, look at these girls! They’re drooling over you. Why don’t you-”

“I thought I made myself clear Joonmoney,” I cut him off mid way, “A wolf sticks to one and only one lover till he dies.”

Joonmyun, or better known as Suho, nodded in understanding and gave me a smirk. And as if I knew what he was about to say, he already spit it out;

“You’re going to die alone.”

Sad but true, this was the reality that was right in front of my eyes. I would have to live for another 500 years, as I was able to see her smiling, laughing, enjoying herself with her husband and children, while I watched from afar as she wouldn’t even remember my existence.

“LuHan.”

Please, stop.

“LuHan.” The gentle voice of that female became stronger as I struggled to keep myself calm.

“LuHan!” That was it.

 

 

 

“Where am I?” I asked as soon as I opened my eyes. I looked around and found at the school’s nursery room.

“Lu… Han.” The guy sang my name as he walked near me. “You should leave

.

.

.

Before it’s too late.”

 

 

 

Again, I woke up to find myself in the bed of the girl I dreamt of every night. And for the first time of my life I called her name properly,

“Yejin.”

“LuHan!” She immediately reacted and sat next to me. “Are you ok? Are you feelings dizzy? Does your head hurt?” She placed the back of her hand on my forehead, but I grabbed it carefully as if I was going to break it, and placed it on her lap.

“Yejin, I’m fine. Just tell me, what happened?” I asked softly, the look on her eyes, I couldn’t describe it.

“You fainted at the school hallway. I was calling your name but you weren’t responding and suddenly you fell on the floor and…” Tears started to roll down her cheeks.

No. No, no, no. Just no! It couldn’t be that she… No she can’t! I… But I-

“LuHan… I saw your hair turning white and when you opened your eyes… They were blue just like the first time I met you. The school’s doctor told me to back away and he took you to the nursery room but I overheard your conversation.” She said as she hid her face on the palms of her hands.

“Yejin… I- What did he say?” I asked. I didn’t know what to do so she would stop crying. I was happy that the other’s didn’t see me, but I was scared I was going to loose her.

“You should leave before it’s too late.” She quoted his words and my eyes widened. “Your eyes…” She cut me off right when I was going to find an excuse. “They- they’re blue.” I looked down as I sat up on the bed and decided to look deeply in her eyes. She stared back and that’s when I realized, the girl in front of me wasn’t the 8 years old little girl, she was a woman now. A grown up woman who needed to know the truth about a lifeless boy.

“Yejin. Please don’t get scared and don’t panic when I tell you who I am, ok?” I asked gently as I gently touched her hair. She nodded and waited for me to go on.

“I’m Xi LuHan. I’m 23 years old and I have another 500 years to live. I was born a werewolf. My parents and my entire family died in a war between two different herds of wolves. I was the only one to survive and I had a mission…”

“Wh-what was the mission about?” She asked while stuttering.

“To find the one I have a bond with… and protect her.” I answered, my head hanging low. I couldn’t believe I was telling her who I really am and she didn’t scream nor call me a monster.

“Did you find her?” She asked. I couldn’t define if the tone of her voice was jealousy or she was just too curious.

“She’s the only one… who can see my blue eyes and my true wolf form. Other people see me as a monster.” I looked up, to meet her shocked and scared eyes. I knew that in a moment or other, I was going to loose her.

“LuHan… Why do you need to protect me, though? It’s not like I…” She stopped talking, her eyes growing bigger and-

“LuHan.”

“Yes, Yejin,

 

 

 

 

You suffer from a heart disease.”

 

 

 

 

The next day was pretty normal. After the talk I had with Yejin, she understood the situation we were both in, and she thanked me for being by her side.

That’s what I like about her. She’s not like any other teenager who carves for popularity, is selfish and would scream at the top of her lungs when she would find out she lived with a werewolf for 10 years.

Yejin would take this slowly and would never be too girlish. If it was a strong manner to talk about, she would listen, ask questions and then thank the person for what goods he/she had done.

 

The problem was, that when I’ll help her, I won’t be able listen to her thanking.

 

 

 

I heard Mother start crying as her father comforted her and urged back the tears that were threatening to fall from his eyes. We were at the main hospital of Seoul, and after some diagnosis and other stuff that doctors do to reveal a disease, it was finally found, even though I knew it long before.

My bpdy –because of the bond- was created to be her guardian and her second life. Yes, second life. If anything would happen to her, I would be her reflection. If she needed an arm, I had to give it to her. If she needed a brain, I would give it to her. If she needs a heart… I need to give it to her.

 

“The conditions are becoming worst and they’re not stable. It is harder now for the heart to-” The doctor kept blabbering until he finally decided to end this meeting with a painful sentence. “The girl needs a heart transplant between two months. If we can’t find someone who’s going to donate his heart for her… Then there are high chances that your daughter might die.”

Then, the tears of both Father and Mother burst from their eyes and they took permission to leave the room. I grabbed Yejin’s hand and dragged her outside so she wouldn’t be listening to her parents. As soon as we walked out, our parents came and told us they had to go home.

While sitting on the back seat of the car, I glanced at Yejin’s special beauty. She looked so calm even though she was on the verge of dying. Even though other people would probably end up crying and praying to God for help, she did nothing.

“I know what you’re thinking.” She whispered, “I can listen to yours thoughts.” I grinned and looked in front.

“It’s because of my telekinesis powers. Now tell me… Why? Why isn’t this bothering you a single bit?” I asked, even though I already knew the answer.

“Because I was born for this to happen. Everyone was born to die. But that doesn’t mean I care. Of course I do! I care… for my family. But not for myself.” I nodded as I smiled at her reply. What she said, is totally what I would’ve said if it was me.

“Yejin… You and I…” I took a deep breath and turned 90 degrees so I could see her in the eyes. “Because of the bond, we are stick to each other, which means that I’m you guardian but also your reflection.” She tilted her head to the side, and I tried to stop myself from pinching her cheeks. “It means, that if you need something, I have to give it to you. And in this situation… I have to give you my heart.” Her eyes widened and she shook her head from side to side.

“You can’t! You’ll… You’ll die!” She said as her eyes began to get teary.

That was the moment I understood, the feeling I couldn’t describe in her eyes… Was Love.

“I was born to live and die for you. Even if I don’t want to, I have to.” I said as I tried to fight back the urge to tell her my feelings. She nodded as she gave me a hug right before our dad told us to get out of the car.

 

After arriving home, I talked with mom and dad. Even though it hurt them to accept it, in the end they did. And now I am the one who’ll donate her my heart.

 

 

The next week, we were at our P.E class. Everyone found out about Yejin’s problem and they tried to comfort her, but she didn’t really need them. All she needed was-

-Don’t leave me.  She replied in my mind. I shook my head and walked to the teacher who had just called my name.

•Just remember that…

-What? LuHan! Tell me, please!

She begged me to tell her, but I didn’t, I was “too focused” on our teacher’s words that I “couldn’t understand” what she was blabbering.

 

 

 

The next day, I was in front of the classroom with Yejin in front of me.

“LuHan tell me. What were you going to tell me? Spit it. Now.” She said impatiently as she tapped her foot on the wooden floor. Thanks God it was lunch time and no one was around.

I lowered my head to her eye level as I bend my body to match her height. While our faces were dangerously close, I could feel her breath. I stared into her eyes and said;

“Just remember that whatever you try to do, this heart,” I pointed at my chest, “is already yours in two ways.”

“What do you mean?” She asked as she furrowed her eyebrows and I chuckled at her cute expression.

“It’s yours physically… The other one, I don’t know.” I smirked and walked away, leaving her behind with her arms crossed.

Even though I might’ve looked like I was calm, my heard was begging for me to break the ribcage and run away in the soccer field without stopping until it would stop beating when it finally catches the ball and goals.

I wonder if I’ll do that victory goal one day.

 

 

 

 

A month passed away quickly. The days flew away every time you took a breath or closed your eyes. Everything was going by so fast I almost forgot to breathe.

 

We were currently running in the soccer field. I was partnered with Yejin to take care of her as her ‘older brother’ I am. The problem was, I didn’t want her to run at all but she insisted. After 1 meter of running, I realized her heavy breathing.

“Yejin, let’s stop.” I pulled her hand but she didn’t stop. I got more and more worried. I didn’t want something bad to happen. Not today, not now! “Yejin, please. I’m begging you. Come with me.” I begged for her to come with me and take permission to the P.E teacher to go at the classroom, and finally she accepted.

I dragged her up the stairs, opened the door and told her to sit down on the table. She didn’t want to but I sat her on the desk and placed my hands on the sides.

“What were you thinking? Why didn’t you listen to me?!” I raised my voice.

She chuckled, “Don’t tell me you were scared.”

“I was so scared I peed in my pants!” I joked and she started laughing. My eyes widened once I heard the melodious sound coming from and ringing in my ears. How long had it been since the last time I heard her laugh?

“LuHan…” She said softly as she cupped my left cheek. I blinked as I saw her smiling. Her lips and face became paler day by day but her beauty never faded away.

“Mmm?” I asked as I took a deep breath. It was time. The right time to confess my feelings.

“I searched for wolves… especially your type, LuHan.” I blinked and she smiled again. “These kinds of werewolves only stick to one and only one lover for their entire life. After the bond has developed inside their hearts, the werewolf has to take care and treat the other as a queen/king.” She said a small chuckle left her lips. “I guess I found out what is the other reason that my heart belongs to you, my werewolf.” My eyes widened as my heart started racing abnormally, following the same beat of her heart. I grinned happy for the first time in my life as I leaned forward.

“I love you, Yejin.” I whispered, wondering if she heard me, and connected our lips, making the bond more powerful.

 

 

 

 

 

 

*Beep*

“Fast, fast! Hurry up we’re loosing her.” The main doctor shouted as the surgery room became a mess.

 

*Beep, beep*

*Beep, beep*

 

“Hurry, hurry! We’re almost finished!!”

 

 

.

 

 

 

 

 

.

 

 

 

 

.

 

 

Yejin's POV

 

I opened my eyes to find the light trying to enter my eyes. Once my vision adjusted to the light, I found myself in the bed of a hospital room. Beside me was another bed which was empty, but I could feel LuHan’s scent.

Hospital. Bed. Disease… LuHan.

“LuHan!!!” I shouted as tears started rolling down my eyes. “No!! No!!! Give me LuHan back! Where’s LuHan? Where is he?!!” I screamed and shouted and yelled with all the power I could, only to have some nurses trying to calm me and call my parents and doctor to come over.

 

That’s when I found out he was gone… Forever.

And the heart I was living with…

Was his.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

-Present-

 

“Do Yejin! Is nice to meet you again.” Kim Joonmyun, one of LuHan’s best friends shook hands with me as he invited me inside the house I once used to live in, with the guy who gave me his heart and the parents I have already lost.

“Pleasure is mine.” I smiled as he nodded and we started talking about the times I used to pass with LuHan.

“You know,” Joonmyun smiled as he giggled a bit. “I am a werewolf too. And I knew what LuHan felt that time. Everything about you, he would tell it to me. The reasons he avoided you, the reasons he loved you. I felt like I knew you even though I never personally talked to you.”

A smile crept in my lips at the thought of that young and brave guy who still has my heart. Or should I say… I have his heart.

“LuHan was a really brave man. Just like his parents and his other family members, he gave himself to you. I am terribly sorry that we experienced such a loss, but that’s what werewolves were created for. And love is full of hurt and sacrifice for one other, my dear.” He smiled and I smiled too, burying my head down low to suppress the tears that threatened to fall.

“I have something to tell you, Yejin.” He called my name and I looked up at him. “A werewolf in love…” He stopped and I waited for him to tell me good news, “never dies.”

 

In the end, the house was not sold to Joonmyun. I couldn’t just give away all the memories I had of him. I was willing to die alone in that house, if that meant I was going to be near LuHan.

 

But there were two things I learned from LuHan.

When a werewolf falls in love, he never dies.

And I know… That here, in this house, in this heart, he does and will exist

 

 

 

 

 

 

Forever. 

 

 

 


A/N: OMG this story finished! OMG may I say I'm actually kind of proud? Haha it's the first time I feel so proud over a oneshot! I really hoped you liked reading this as much as I enjoyed writing it :D And thanks guys for your support <3 Reallyyyyy love youuuu <333

 

Please check out my other fanfic if you want^^ 

This one needs extra attention since it's sill on going ;)  : Almost Love  click to open the fanfic ^.^

 

 

Thanks again, and see you next time :3