Essence

Essence

“A little birdie told me you didn’t spend my money at the market.” My eyes shifted away from his. Micky definitely told him. I was given this money to use at the market, now I was sure to face some sort of punishment. “This birdie also told me the reason why you didn’t.”

Yeah, it was Micky. Damn him.

“I don’t want you to feel obligated to do something like that. You’re here solely for your service, not your money,” he said gently, his index finger lightly tracing my jaw line. “So this is me telling you to keep it,” he said, folding my fingers back over the bill that was still in my hand.

“But Master—” His index finger fell over my lips gently, keeping me from saying anything else.

“Hush. I don’t want another word. You are dismissed,” he uttered and a quickly stood, collected the empty glasses on the silver platter before scurrying back into the kitchen.

That Jae, he definitely had a close watch and a tight leash on Yunho.

I sighed as I looked for counter space to set the platter down on. This was going to be one hell of a ride. I wasn’t sure how long it would feel like for these six months to pass, but right now it seemed like it was going to take forever. Yunho was one of a kind, so were all of them.

I shook my head of those thoughts before pulling multiple liquors and mixes out of the fridge, proceeding to refill each and every glass on that platter.

Upon returning into the living room, the chatter immediately ceased, which caused me to have nervous thoughts run through my head. I could see the looks around the room, smiling but their eyes told me to get out. I figured they were either talking about me, or talking business, which neither were really any of my concern. I headed back into the kitchen and began to make dinner, carefully following what I could hear of their whispered conversation.

“According to these records, there were reasons she moved away from Asia.” I could recognize Micky’s voice anywhere. An open manila folder full of papers slapped onto the table. “They also explain why her father’s dead,” he added on. I cringed at that comment. My father was one of the most precious things to me, captured and brutally killed. It tore my heart just thinking about it.

“Her father didn’t have the best record, either. She and her family lived in poverty for the longest time and her father felt the need to do something about it. He stole whatever he could to keep them alive and suffered horrible consequences because of it. It says here that she’s only 22…” Micky’s voice trailed off.

“She’s younger than us?” Hero asked.

“July 16th, 1987. You can look here if you think I’m lying,” Micky said, tossing the files over to Jae who read over them carefully.

I was a little distracted while making dinner, but I was confident that most, if not all of it would come out just fine. I timed it with utter perfection for it to be all done at once, so that none of it would get cold while I was off cooking something else.

All fell silent in the next room over, no one spoke a word, and they were in shock from my record, no doubt. I didn’t have the cleanest record, not a family with a clean record. We did whatever we could to get by, I’d say I’m lucky to be alive and have a job.

I heard footsteps in the kitchen and tried to remain focused on what I was cooking. I was hoping, with all the faith in me, that it wasn’t Yunho and my thoughts of it were interrupted when arms wrapped around my waist. A warm, thin, muscled body pressed itself to my back and a chin set on my shoulder.

“You poor girl,” Jaejoong whispered, his nose touched my earlobe.

“Jae, please. I have to finish this,” I replied, trying to keep everything settled and ready. He moved quickly to turn everything off before turning me around and proceeded to hold me tightly against him. His hand held my head against his chest, while the opposite arm was secure around my waist.

His hand slithered through my long reddish brown, blonde highlighted hair as he pulled away from me, brushing my bangs away from my eyes. “You’ve led such a hard life,” he said with sorrowful eyes.

“It’s fine, Jae. I’m better now. I have a job, I’m alive, and I’m healthy. Tell the rest of the guys that dinner will be ready shortly,” I said before turning back to the stove, relighting everything to get it heated and finished cooking. Jae’s shoes clicked against the tile as he made his way into the main room to do just as I asked as I set individual servings on plates and set up the dining room.

There was a little silver bell that sad on the sill of the window that connected the dining room to the living room and a tapped it twice, alerting all of them before announcing that dinner was ready. The all moved from their seats in the living room to take a seat at the table.

I made sure that all of the food was set onto the table in case they wanted any more.

“There’s only five set up, Ally. Aren’t you eating?” Max asked.

I shook my head.

“Ally, you have to eat,” Micky added.

“Don’t worry about it, I don’t eat much. Just enjoy it,” I said and bowed before heading back to the kitchen to clean up my mess, clean out the fridge, and put all the food away.

_________________

I sat on the tile of the kitchen floor, my legs out to the sides of me. There wasn’t a stain on my immaculate white apron. I generally wasn’t a very messy cook. My hands were set on my lap, a cold washcloth in one of my hands that I periodically dabbed against my forehead.

I had just finished cleaning up after the boys; there weren’t any leftovers, which is usually what I would be eating, so I cursed to myself in my mind. “I should have eaten when you told me to,” I muttered to myself.

I stood, removing the apron from my body and hung it up; shoving the rubber gloves back under the sink after making sure everything was spotless. I was glad I was done for the day. It was 10:30 PM and I was already extremely tired. Though, it would build up great endurance.

My head fell back as I yawned, and I was tempted to just lay on the floor right there, but decided against it and walked into the living room, bowing respectfully and asked to be dismissed to my room, which, to my fortune, I was. I struggled up the stairs and down the hall, past the loft and went to turn into my room before something caught my eye.

Yunho’s room was across the hall from mine, and I was surprised to see he left the door open. Most people who have guests in their house don’t leave it open. I guess not many people come up stairs.

I didn’t give much mind to it as I entered my room, shutting the door quietly and unpacked my things, putting my clothes into the drawers and such before changing, putting my dirty day clothes in the hamper before stepping into my pajama’s which consisted of matching cupcake covered light blue pants and button up shirt.

I yawned as I pulled my hair up into a messy pony tail. What I wouldn’t give to go to bed right then.

Yunho was very clear about the rules. At 10:30, I was off for the night and could do as I please, roam the house or not. I was welcome to use anything and everything as long as I broke nothing. I didn’t start work until 9 AM, unless Yunho had to go to work and I was to make him lunch. I had a two hour lunch break from 11:30 to 1:30 and he was yet to decide what days I had off. I was surprised to know that I had any days off. I was allowed to return downstairs in my pajamas, guests or not, as if I were his girlfriend.

I flipped on the light and looked at myself in the vanity mirror. I didn’t have bags under my eyes yet, which I was thankful for. I was also happy that I didn’t look like an utter mess.

I looked over to the bed; silken black sheets. What I wouldn’t give to go to bed right now, and I was allowed to, but I promised myself I wouldn’t sleep until he did. I groaned inwardly before walking over to the door, opening it and not paying attention to where I was going, walked right into a very hard chest.

“Ouch…” I muttered, taking a step back. Looking down at their feet, I couldn’t tell who it was.

“Do you want to join us downstairs for a little?” I leaned forward into Micky’s chest as I had earlier to have his arms wrap around me. “Or would you rather sleep?” he chuckled, holding me tightly.

“I promised myself I wouldn’t sleep until Master did,” I said quietly.

“You know, you make him feel old when you call him that, Ally. He’s tempted to call you something in return like, Mrs. Mizushima, even though you’re not married.” I didn’t really pay attention to half the things Micky was saying at the moment. My eyes longed to be closed, my muscles wanted to rest, as did the rest of my body.

“Come, I’ll carry you,” Micky said, grabbing my hand to pull me out of my room before hoisting me from the ground, his left arm locking under my legs and his right arm supported my back as he left towards the spiraling staircase.

“Are you crazy? Put me down! I am capable of walking!” I yelled, struggling against him. All he did was laugh as he continued to carry me.

“Here’s your present, Yunho,” Micky stated, dropping me gently into Yunho’s lap where I blushed, turned, and hid my face against his chest. Yunho’s arms were held slightly out to the side of him, quite shocked at what just happened, mostly my actions, as he looked down at me.

He shot a glance at Micky in a questioning manner. It didn’t take a genius to know that Micky motioned for Yunho to hug me, especially when I felt his arms tighten around my body and his cheek press against the top of my head.

“Aren’t they cute?” Jae asked. The others made sounds of agreement, and I assumed they nodded, since I couldn’t see.

I took advantage of the warmth against my shivering body, getting as close as I could to Yunho without making it painfully obvious. I started to doze against him, “Master…”

“Would you stop calling me that?” he laughed. “It makes me feel old. It’s Yunho.

He wanted me to call him by his name? Was this guy CRAZY? No, I couldn’t do it. It was utterly disrespectful and such foul things would never exit my mouth. I felt him hug me tighter as his eyes shifted to look at the other guys, who just smiled. They seemed to do that a lot, smile, but nonetheless, it was extremely cute.

I stretched slightly, loosening his grip before getting more comfortable against him. My right shoulder was in the crease between his arm and body and my right cheek was pressed against his collarbone, while my left hand held lightly on to his right shoulder. My eyes fluttered closed as I got comfy, his arms returning around me, a gently smile on my lips.

“She’s so cute,” Jae said, and I could tell he was inspecting my face.

“You lucky bastard.” As I said earlier, Micky’s voice was very distinct.

Max merely chuckled after Junsu made a comment.

“Don’t fall asleep on me, Ally,” Yunho whispered slightly, tucking my long bangs behind my ear. Jaejoong, I thank you kindly for your close surveillance. Without it, I might be in a hell.

“Well, I think it’s about time for us to leave,” Junsu acknowledge, taking a peek at his watch with a yawn before standing. Yunho shifted me off his lap and on the empty seat of the couch to his left before standing to see the guys out. At times, he could be such a gentleman.

He shut the door and made his way back over, lifting his arms above his head to stretch and yawn. “Let’s put your massaging skills to the test before bed then, if you please,” he said, pulling his shirt over his head. He set it over my shoulder as he walked by me, expecting me to follow him.

I looked over his backside as I followed and bit my lip. He was my master for God’s sake! I shouldn’t be looking at him like I was. But I couldn’t help it. He had a well built and sun-kissed back, his shoulders full of prominent muscles. This kid must work out. And I bet he looks super y while doing so.

We entered a room that had a Jacuzzi looking thing in it, a massage table with select lotions on the counter to the side of it. A walk in shower along with other miscellaneous things; it was like a goddamn spa! What a spoiled kid, who was also older than me. There was a laundry basket to the side of me that I dropped Yunho’s dirty shirt into as he stood at the counter, looking over the numerous bottles of lotion that adorned it before picking one.

He turned and leaned against the table, his belt undone along with the button on his jeans and I mentally swooned but managed to keep a completely calm face.

He cupped the bottom of the lotion bottle with his right hand, holding it on the side with his left as he led it in front of his stomach, “You do know that you’re going to have to get comfortable with seeing my whole body, right?”

mentally swooning, I felt like I was going to faint.

“Understood,” I said, bowing respectfully and he walked towards me, grabbing my hand to set the bottle of lotion in my hand.

“I have high expectations for you. You look like you got some muscle on those arms, work out these nasty knots for me,” he said and winked at me before turning to climb onto the massage table ever so gracefully. I turned around and blessed myself, kissing my rosary before turning back and walked towards him.

I read over the bottle, Pomegranate Skin Moisturizer. I popped open the lid and took a good whiff of it. Damn, no wonder this boy smelled like heaven. He rose his arms to cross in front of him, laying them far out enough to where he could rest his head on them and yawned as he did so.

“I have a deal for you,” he said as I squeezed a bit of lotion onto my fingers.

“Oh?” I asked, using the palms of my hands to climb onto the table as well, straddling him as I hovered with sheer leg power.

“If you make me groan, which sounds totally dirty, I’ll cook dinner tomorrow and you’re off at five. Sound like a deal?” he asked. I smirked, give me five minutes and I’ll have him calling out to me how good it feels, which also sounded extremely dirty.

“It’s like you have no faith in me, Master,” I replied, moving my hands to his lower back to start there and work up. I rubbed in the cool lotion first and he took a deep breath, his head resting on its right and his eyes closed gently. “But it sounds like a deal,” I added before putting minimal pressure around his spine, pushing my fingers in gentle circles as I worked my way to his sides.

I tilted my head to the side noticing his spine was very tense. I worked the heels of my hands along the length of his spine and laced my fingers, setting my hands in the dead center of his back. “Take a deep breath,” I said and he complied, inhaling deeply and I waited patiently for him to begin to exhale before pushing down, the carbon bubbles between his vertebrae popping to release that cracking sound.

He bit his tongue as he tried to not make any sounds.

“Seems like you’re trying awfully hard to keep your noises to yourself,” I commented and he dared not reply. I smirked, squeezing more lotion into my hands before running it over his burning back. And again, I worked my fingers in rougher circles from his spine to his sides and he hissed as I ran over a knot.

I bit my lip as I smiled, trying not to comment as I worked the knot out, slowly and gently, as I did with every other knot I came across before reaching his shoulders.

“Rough on the shoulders, not so rough, or in the middle?” I asked, cracking my fingers.

“Give it all you got,” he replied and my hands made contact with his built shoulders, working my thumbs roughly between the blades.

His brow drew together and his eyes shut tightly, his lips tightly zipped closed as he shifted under me. That was it, the deal was done. His groan was cut short, hoping that I didn’t hear it and I didn’t make a comment, knowing there was more to come.

I continued to work and hit another knot. This guy either works too much, forming new knots everyday or his old massage therapists something awful. I smirked and closed my eyes, pushing my right thumb in tight, deep circles over a knot. “Mmm,” he groaned, trying to keep it down but I leaned down to his ear.

“I’m pretty sure that one wasn’t my imagination,” I whispered teasingly and gently chuckled afterwards.

“,” he muttered to himself. “I don’t even care, just finish, it feels so good,” he groaned lengthily.

By the time I had worked into his neck, there were too many ‘Oh!’s and ‘Oh god!’s and ‘Ah!’s and ‘Right there!’s for me to care to count and keep track of, the point was I had the better end of the deal and this kid was easier to get to groan than he’d let on.

Oh, I could only imagine the kind of sounds he made during .

I shook that thought from my mind quickly as his soothing voice entered my ear. “You’re a goddess, Ally. My massage therapists pale in comparison to you. They can’t even make me peep. My body feels like jelly,” he said and I laughed, dismounting him and stepped gracefully to the floor, rubbing the extra lotion over my arms.

He stood as well, hunched over at the fact that he felt like he couldn’t sit up straight before standing, his body tilted slightly back as his set his hands atop the back pockets of his jeans before running a teasing finger under my chin, leaning over slightly so that his lips grazed my cheek.

“I love a girl who gives superb massages,” he whispered to me before walking out the door.

I grinned to myself. At least I made someone happy.