ll~2~ll

Stormy night at Serendipity...

"Come on, man, I'm trying here", his friend, Calvin Li yelled, exasperated.

"Whatever", he turned away sipping at the last of his corona, "you at it...clearly".

"You won once", his friend rolled his eyes,"do not forget high school when I whopped your at fooz ball."

"I am a man of present", he smirked as he opened the refrigirator for more beer, "And we are out of beer."

"Oh?" Calvin glanced at the open fridge door, "I'll just call Jenna to grab some on her way." 

"Jenna is coming here?" he hissed sharply.

Calvin saw the abrupt shift in his best friend's demeanour, "Oh come on, man... it's been half a decade."

But it was no use. His friend just grabbed his jacket and walked towards the door.

"Dude, wait", Calvin called at him.

"I'm going to buy us some kegs. I will be at my place if you want to come by later...", he said without breaking his step.

He was almost out of the door when he glanced back to warn Calvin, "Only you are invited, do not get any ideas about inviting uneccesary people", and slammed the door.

He raced down the steps and started jogging lightly to his car. The whole way to the super market, his mind was plagued with thoughts about Jenna.

He regretted walking out of Calvin's place. He was over her, he should have been able to stay.

There was never anything in the first place that it is over now, he muttered to himself. And it was true. He had a crush on her way back in middle school and she knew it. But she never considered him as more than just her friend. But he was never able to get over that puppy love thing completely.

He got out of the car, walked into the super market and headed straight to the alcohol section. 

The roof to floor refrigirator had only one keg left. Just as he was about to reach and claim it as his own another hand appeared and tugged at the keg.

He was in no way going to let go off his one precious keg, so he strengthened his grip on the keg and turned to take care of the contendor.

To his surprise, it was a girl.

She looked up defiantly and said, "That's mine."

He smirked. It was the same girl from the hot dog stand.

"Yeah? I don't see a name on it", he fake searched on the keg, "What is it, anyway?"

"What is what", she seemed to get more more annoyed by the second.

"Your name", he grinned down at her.

"Haha funny. You owe me a hot dog, man. Let the keg go", she deadpanned.

"Ah so you do remember", he raised his eyebrow, "okay, let's do it this way... 3 each?"

She seemed to consider this and finally nodded, "Okay."

He plucked out three beers for himself and handed her the carton, "So... your name?"

She looked up at him. He is really all that tall, she thought.

She smiled holding out her hand, "It's Ary-"

"Kleo?" a voice interrupted them, cutting her off.

His whole body stiffened as he turned around slowly, leaving her hand hanging.

She looked at him and the owner of the voice, who were facing each other now.

Wow...that seems intense, she thought. 

"Well, um, tata", she muttered before walking away from the man who resembled a stone right now.

He did not look like he was interested in her name anymore, anyway.

 

*******************************************************************************************

Eeeeeee! Their second brush off!

Hope you guys are enjoying reading the story as much as I am enjoying writing it!

Please Read, Comment, Subscribe and Upvote

Teehee! ^-^