Preparing

Angels Unlimited
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Last week, I came back to the earth visiting my family there.

Yes, it was just a dream, but the exprience felt so real for me.

That was on Christmas day, my younger brother was helping mom to decorate a christmas tree. I astonished to see Sungjin growing up. Yes, he was still 10 years old when I left them. He has a long feet like me, I thought.

Besides my brother’s thin feet, all the things were exactly the same like what I remembered: a spot of dirt on our sofa, an odd DJ that kept talking on our radio, the scent of chicken flavor from our kitchen. Even the christmas thingy was exactly the same.

Maybe Sungjin read my thoughts, because he took out that small angel from the box and he dropped his tears. “Sungmin hyung has became an Angel right, Mom?” He was sobbing hard.

They were staring at a framed photo above our television. I’ve never seen that photo before, not that surprising for me though. My dad took that photo when I was having a 17th birthday party, just several hours before a crazy driver threw me from 21st century to the other sides of earth.

I stared at that photo once again and I had those goosebumps. I realized the gaze from my eyes at that time. Full of expectation and lost in thought. And looked a bit wise, yes almost. Like I knew what will happen after that. I felt the ripples of proud from myself. Was that time my Dad saying, “Kimchi!” and pushed the button of camera, and queitly I was preparing to leave the earth?

Sungjin pulled Mum’s blouse excitedly and said “My brother became an Angel right, Mom?”

Mom tried to smile. “Ofcourse, Sungjin my baby” she rubbed Sungjin’s hair.

My throat felt in pain. Mom thought she has lost me forever. She thought I dissapeared and swallowed by a black hole without the meaning of Demise. Suddenly I wanted to tell her that what she thought was not true. “Don’t be sad” I whispered. “Maybe this case is hard to understand, but I really became an Angel! I went to school for an Angel and I have an Angel card identity. And I have amazing friends....”

At least, it was those words that I tried to say. But after I heard my own voice-POP! My house dissapeared like a foam soap.

My ears filled with mysterious beats, like a hum of cosmical with high note. Then, surprisingly, I was sliding through the sky, passed the stars and those shine planets---I woke up, my mouth gaped, inside my bedroom in Angel Academy.

I sat steadily, and took a deep breathe. Heaven air has a sweet and soft scent. Reminds me with the smell of lilac flower, but none on the earth that has the same scent. I felt better after that.

I looked at the window and saw the skycraper buildings in Heaven City that split the sky, gleaming and shining in light of heaven, the last pieces of feeling nostalgic with my home dissapeared right away. I felt smiling gratefully on my face. “This is your home, Sungmin,” I whispered.

 Yeay! Today is a weekend, suddenly I remembered I have no school for 2 days!

I reached my phone and remembered something again.

“Oh my God, Eunhyuk!!”

I called Donghae, “Are you awa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter