Kris

My New Hot Neighbor

 



It's a bright Saturday morning and it would have been a perfect day if not for the slight headache she has. Apparently she had spent a little too much time staring at Kris last night that the rain had gotten into her and left her with a slight cold. That, plus the bruise on her forehead, had proven to be the best agents for headaches.
 

She made herself some tea and decided that the early morning sunshine would warm her up considerably and maybe chase the cold away. She got no appointments with any of her friends today, one of the few weekends that they didn't plan spending on a shopping spree, so she planned to laze out on the balcony until she managed to think of something she could busy herself with.
 

"Hi!" a familiar deep voice greeted.
 

She turned to her left, heart pacing a little faster than normal from surprise. It's Kris. 
 

And even in just plain white shirt and sweatpants he managed to look like he had just walked out of a photoshoot.
 

"Uhm, hi." she greeted back. "It's a litte early. Couldn't sleep?"
 

Kris smiles a little, rubbing the back of his neck, "Well, yeah. I was a little disoriented. But I was more concerned about you ending up being sick because of what happened last night. And it looks like I was right to worry too."
 

Franchia's hand automatically went to the small bandage she had put on her forehead. "Stop being a worrywart, it's just a bruise. And maybe a slight cold, but it's manageable."
 

Kris sighs. "Again, I apologize. But as you said, isn't it a little too early to be up? I've got my reasons, but shouldn't you be in bed since you, I supposed, are a little under the weather?"
 

Franchia shakes her head, "My body clock won't let me go back to sleep."
 

There's a little bit of an awkward silence, both of them not really knowing what to say. Franchia is admittedly interested in knowing her new neighbbor a little bit more but she doesn't really want to scare him off by being weird.
 

"Uhm, if you don't mind me asking, where did you come from?" she asked just to satisfy her curiosity but not look too eager. 
 

"I actually just got assigned on a branch of a company here so I had to move. I came from Canada."
 

"Oh. Canada... but you don't look Canadian. No offense!"
 

"None taken. I'm Chinese." Kris smiles. 
 

And Franchia's nose chose that moment as the best time to start itching. She managed to turn away from Kris before sneezing loudly. The suddenness of the action caused for her to spill her tea over the railing, the mug nearly toplling over too because she managed to spill some of the hot liqiuid on her hand as well.
 

"Are you okay?" Kris asked concernedly from his own balcony. "Do you need help with that?"
 

Franchia felt her face heat up, she just had to be clumsy, now of all times! "It's okay. I'm fine. Ugh, so embarrassing. I always had to let you see how much of a fail I am."
 

Kris just grins. "You consider that a fail? What would you think once you see how much of klutz I am?"
 

 "You? A klutz?"
 

"Apparently, the most awkward person you'd ever know. I'm not joking. Last night was just sample."
Franchia grins disbelievingly.

 

"But hey, speaking of last night, how about I apologize properly now? Since you just spilled your tea, how about you come over? I'll cook something." Kris offers. "That would at least make me feel a little better."
 

Franchia contemplates. Should she go? Even if Kris looked like a harmless supermodel, he's still practically a stranger.
 

"Uh... it's okay. You don't have to."
 

"I insist, really. Please."
 

Now, who cold resist that? Kris is pouting a little, eyes pulled a little downward at the corners as he gave Franchia a reproachful look. With a sigh, she agreed to come over.

 

But she sent a message to her bestfriend first, telling her best buddy that if she ever goes missing, Kris was responsible.
 

Kris is... perfect. At least he's what Frachia's defiition of a perfect guy. He's funny, not the serious person his face suggest at first glance. He's also a dork in many ways despite looking cool and composed.
 

They ate breakfast with Kris asking about all sorts of things, from how often the elevator breaks down, to how far the closest covenience store was because Kris often forgot to buy certain things and only remembers at the most inconvenenient of times, like when he needs it the most.
 

Franchia found out that Kris has a long regimen of skin care procedure that it takes him at least an hour to get out of the bathroom. 
 

"You're vain." she teases as she finished up her tea.
 

"I'm not. I just take care of myself."
 

Franchia just raised a cheeky brow. Then she noticed that the sun was already up in the sky. It felt like she had been sitting at Kris' dining table for much longer.
 

Kris noticed Franchia looking outside, "Uh, I hope I am not keeping you from something. Did you need to leave?"
 

"Uh, no, no. It's not like that. I actually enjoyed your company I'm afraid I want to stay longer than I should." Franchia admitted, feeling her cheeks flush. "You must be planning to put away your things and unpack and I'm keeping you from doing so. I'm sorry!"
 

"No, no.  It's fine. I really wanted to apologize like I said. Even if the meal was half babd, I hope you'd already forgiven me for what happened last night."
 

"I told you it's fine. The meal was good, thanks. Maybe I could invite you next time." Franchia could feel her heart sputtering with nervousness. She had just blatanly asked Kris to a meal, a sane girl would never do that to stranger. But then again, a sane girl would not willingly come to a stranger's house for a meal, even if said stranger is as hot as the sun rising up outside.
 

"Yeah? I'll hold you on that." Kris smiles that gummy smile again. "I actually like talking to you."
 

"Me too." Franchia grins.
 

Once back to her own apartment, Franchia was promptly glomped over by a familiar figure of her best friend.
 

"What the heck-- how come you're here? It's way too early." she whines.
 

"I was so excited I couldn't sleep."
 

"Joshua, that's no excuse to barge into someone's house. The sun is barely awake."
 

"Yet you were already out of your bed. That's a first." Joshua tsked. "But! It doesn't matter! Because he's here! He's finally here!"
 

"Who?"
 

"My boyfriend!"
 

Francahia choked on air. "Boyfriend? You mean that guy you meet over the internet? He actually came here?"
 

"Yeah! Though we haven't met yet. He's going to settle down first, he said. He was reassigned and it happened to be here! I mean, if that's not fate, then I don't know what it is." Joshua smiled dreamily.
 

"I know." Franchia sneers, "It's called scam. Trust me, in a few weeks time, when you're near bankruptcy, you'd wish he never 'came' to live here."
 

"Why are you so negative? Go get a love life or something!"
 

With the mention of love life, Franchia couldn't help but smile, suddenly remembering Kris. Joshua, ever the nosy best friend he was, narrowed his eyes at Franchia.
 

"Hey, stop smiling like a creep, it's scaring me." he says. Then he was shaking Franchia's shoulder so hard her teeth clacked together lightly. "You've met a guy! Oh my gosh! Tell me who he is! Where does he live? Does he have a car? Credit card? And mroe importantly, is he good looking?"
 

"Stop! Joshua, you ! Stop trying to make me puke!!" Franchia protested, kicking and smacking Joshua as she tries to get away.
 

"Spill it out, woman!"
 

"If you don't stop, you wouldn't like what I'm going to spill out." Franchia warned.
 

Joshua suddenly let go of Franchia who started going green at the face. "You're disgusting. I don't know why I'm friends with you."
 

"Trust me, I ask myself the same whenever I see your face." Franchia shot back.
 

"So... are you telling or not? Who's the guy?"
 

"What made you think it's even a guy?"
 

"Woman's intuition." Joshua clucked his tongue impatiently.
 

"That doesn't make any sense. You're a dude."
 

Joshua glares at Franchia and she promptly recoils, sighing after a moment.
 

"It's my new neighbor. He's kind of... perfect." Franchia grins.
 

Joshua raises a brow, "Yummy?"
 

"HEY! You are such a ! Go bother that scumbag boyfriend of yours and leave my hot neighbor alone."
 

"Come on, Franchia. We're practically sisters. Sisters share."
 

"I don't want to share your boyfriend, so leave my neighbor alone." Franchia glares.
 

"Whatever." Joshus dismisses with a hand in the air. "I bet you're neighbor is not even half my baby."
 

Franchia scoffs.  "We'll see."
 

"Bring it on, girl." Joshua smirks. Then he was rummaging Franchia's kitchen for something to eat.

"Haven't you had breakfast yet?"
 

"I already have." Franchia replies with a smirk. "I did at my new neighbor's."
 

Joshua leers, "He had just moved in yet you've already tasted his breakfast? Was it hotdog and eggs? Talk about not wasting time. Go, girl. I just hope you did it safely."

"Of course we did it safely. Why in the world would it be unsafe--" Franchia retorted, halting when she understood the double, and not to mention not-so-innocent innuendo, Joshua meant. "HEY! It's not like that! We just ate! Like normal people!"
 

Joshua laughs loudly and then bats his eyelashes innocently at Franchia, "Don't fret. You should see your face right now. It's freaking hilarious."
 

"Stop corrupting me, you dolt!"
 

"You're already corrupted whether you like it or not."
 

"And it's all thanks to you." Franchia scowls.
 

"Of course. You're life is amaing because of me." Joshua replies airily. "But anyways, let me know when you are ready to share this new neighbor of yours, okay?"
 

"I would never. You'd only scare him off."
 

"Honey, you should know by now that guys don't run away from me. They flock to me like they're bees and I'm the honey."
 

Franchia rolled her eyes, "Only because your credit card never goes out."
 

"I heard that."
 

"You were meant to."


 

a/n: yeah... Joshua is my gay friend...

and who wants Kris as thierneighbor, reaise your hans!! feet!!! and everything!!! ...uh, no.. everything?