Chapter 12

I Think I'm Ugly

(Siwon’s POV)

“Look at me, Hyori-ssi,” I lifted her chin up so I could look into her eyes, “I know the woman in those pictures is not you.”

“Y-you do?” she stammered.

“Yes,” I assured her, “Of course I do. I’ve known you since we’re both in the academy.”

Of course I know it’s not her. I’ve known her since we’re both in the academy. She used to be this cute chubby girl and a very happy-go-lucky person. How did I know her? She was in fact more famous than me. Not only she’s well-known as the girl who has amazing voice, she’s also known for her great sense of humour so she’s called the jokester at the academy.

“So you’ve never forgotten me?” she asked.

“Never have. Never will.” I smiled.

“But I thought-,”

“We were never in the same class so it’d be awkward to actually approach you all of a sudden...” I said.

She nodded in acknowledgement.

“How do you know it’s not me?”

“Well, I know you weren’t like this back then.”

(End of Siwon’s POV)

“Well, I know you weren’t like this back then,” he stated. What does he mean? Is he talking about how I looked nothing like this girl back then? I know I was a fat girl last time.

 “This girl here is a and you’re not.”

I looked up at him and see he smiled at me.

“NOONA!” Dongho stormed in. He showed me an article of my scandal. “What the hell have you done?!” he threw the newspapers to the floor. “You know I was teased by the other students all day?” He looked at me with tears in his eyes. “I can’t believe my noona is this kind of person!” He stomped to his room and slammed his door.

“Dongho-ah!” I banged on the door asking him to open it. I need to talk to him and clear the misunderstanding.

“Dongho-ah!” Siwon followed suit. He also knocked on the door asking him to open it. “Dongho-ah! Listen to us! Your noona is innocent!”

“Ssikkeureo (shut up!)” Dongho yelled from inside.

“Dongho-ah! Jebal!”

“Hyori-ssi, move aside,” said Siwon.

“Hmm?” I looked at him in confusion until I saw him getting ready to kick open the door, I immediately moved aside.

With a very strong kick, the door opened very smoothly. Dongho who was lying on his bed looked at the door in shock.

“What are yo-? Siwon hyung?” he looked at him in disbelief.

“Dongho-ah, please listen to us...,” Siwon began. “Look at the date on this picture.”

Date? There’s a date on the picture? I snatched the picture from Siwon’s hand and took a look at it. 1st September 2003 was written on the bottom left corner of the picture. Looks like the culprit forgot to blur it.

“2003?!” Dongho looked at me. “Noona, you looked nothing like this in 2003.”

Dongho’s right. Back then, I was still the two hundred pound girl just like what everyone called me. Even though it was my dream and also I tried to get that kind of body back then, I failed miserably causing me to become an anorexic.

I agreed with Dongho and both of us looked at Siwon. He went quiet for a while, putting his fingers on his chin, deep in thought, when he suddenly snapped his finger and suggested us to get my pictures from back then and show them to my boss and also the media as a proof that it’s not me in the pictures.

“I-I don’t know,” I hesitated.

“What are you saying, Hyori-ssi? This is the only way that can help you.”

“Yeah noona, he’s right!” Dongho butted in.

The thing is, I don’t have any pictures from back then anymore. Ever since I lost weight, I’ve started anew and even live my life like I was a newborn person. All the pictures when I was still a fat girl have been burnt by me.

“You what?” Siwon asked, “why would you do that?”

I went silent and just looked everywhere but him. I couldn’t tell him that I was embarrassed of my past.

“I think Hyemi noona would have your pictures,” stated Dongho.

“Then, let’s go to Hyemi’s house,” Siwon suggested.

*****

“Hyori-ah!” Hyemi ran up to me and hugged me. “Gwaenchanayo (Are you okay)?”

“Yeah, I’m fine,” I assured her.

Siwon told her our plan and she was absolutely ready to help us out.

“You know what?” said Hyemi, “this picture is photoshopped.”

All of our eyes darted to her. Photoshopped? What does she mean? The picture that someone is definitely  framing me is getting pretty clear.

She showed us there’s a faulty at the picture. Even though the person who edited this photo is a photoshop-genius, but that person still couldn’t hide some flaws. Hyemi herself is a genius in photo-editting and she also has super sharp eyes.

She went to look for the pictures from the article online and tried to unedit the picture. It’s a difficult job and lots of things need to be done, even genius Hyemi agreed to that.

After an hour, we finally saw the real woman in the picture. All of us gasped at it. The woman in the picture is not other than Stella Kim. I looked at Siwon to see his reaction. He must’ve felt hurt finding out that the woman in the picture is Stella.

“Stella?” Siwon looked at it with his eyes opened wide.

“Who’s that noona?” Dongho asked.

(Siwon’s POV)

I can’t believe Stella would come to this extent. What’s the motive behind all this? Did I piss her off? If I did, why did she go and torture Hyori-ssi? I gripped my fist so tightly. This has gotten out of hand.

I walked out of the house and dialled her number. After a few rings, she finally picked up, and answered. She was panting and I could hear a guy grunting. What a . I thought in my head.

“I need to see you. It’s urgent.”

After telling her the location, I hung up on her right away without waiting for her response. I know she’d be so eager to meet me and wouldn’t even bother about the guy that she’s with right now.