Extra

Butterfly Girl

Firstly, I would like to do a proper words of thanks to everyone who has read, subscribed and even upvoted this story. Thank you for thinking it is worthy enough of your time, and I'm greatly grateful for all of the kind feedback I've received. I have to admit this wasn't the original storyline I planned, but I'm happy nonetheless since you, readers, have enjoyed it ^^. So for a little present from me to you, below is a little extra snippet of what I have originally planned the story to be. I hope you enjoy! Thank you once more, have a blessed day. 

Post%2Bdivider%2B1.png

The class bell rung, resulting with rushed students heading to their respective classrooms. The hallways became empty, and that was when Sehun finally step out of his locker. He didn’t like crowded places, but ironically he chose the most claustrophobic place to hide. He didn’t like crowded places, not because it was suffocating, but because there was too much people. Sehun grew up to dislike people – they were devils in disguise, pathetic two-faced creatures whom could not be trusted. He fixed his bangs from getting into his eyes, and proceeded on to his classroom. He paused at the sight of a butterfly resting on the windowpane.

 

A small smile graced his lips. He was about to go and catch it, when a girl beat him to it.

 

“Aha! I caught you!”

 

That day, not only did the girl catch the butterfly, she unconsciously caught Sehun’s heart as well.

 

Post%2Bdivider%2B1.png

 

‘Suzy.’

 

Sehun learned of her name shortly afterwards. She was a new student in school, claiming to move because her parents were transferred to work in this region.

 

“But,” she meekly said, “I was also wanting to come here because of someone else as well.”

 

Sehun could feel his heart pounding in his ears.

 

Did she remember him?

 

She smiled cheekily, before dragging one of the boys who sat in the front to come forward. “Because of this guy,” she pointed. Sehun recognized him as the best dancer from the whole class, or possibly the whole school. “Kim Jongin! Or should I say kkam-“ The boy quickly covered his palms over the girl’s mouth, eyes glaring at her to make her stop talking.

 

While the whole class was cooing of their seemingly close relationship, but all Sehun heard his heart broke over the noise.

 

Post%2Bdivider%2B1.png

 

“Sehun right?” she asked to him one spring day.

 

The whole student body was having their yearly outing – where the cherry blossoms were budding, awaiting for the time to blossom into spring. The boy, startled by her sudden appearance, nodded. “Good, then I’m not wrong. Shall we go now?” He nodded, looking down - shy of the reality that, the butterfly girl he’s foolishly still yearning for, is standing right across him. Her eyes turned to crescents, and she walked beside him.

 

They were both paired up as a partner to get firewood for the camp fire they were going to have later went it is dark.

 

“The weather’s nice today,” she commented.

 

He merely nodded, his palms getting sweaty as he carries the wood. She still remained as how fragments of Sehun’s memory pictured her – even more beautiful, probably. It has been two years since they’ve been in the same class, but this was probably the most proper conversation they ever had. He thought the girl in front of him did not even know of his presence, and a sudden tinge of excitement raced through him when she called his name.

 

He didn’t even realize there was a rock in front of him, and accidentally stumbled because of it. “Hey, are you okay?” She asks him, concerned. He nodded his head to her, although he felt his fingers getting wet with a thick liquid – which Suzy was quick to catch. “Sehun, you’re bleeding!” She gasped, and pulled his hand. “It’s not your fingers, so it must be from your arms.” She proceeded to pull up the sleeve of his jacket, but he immediately retreated his arm from her. Suzy gazed at him in shock, but Sehun could not meet her eye.

 

“I won’t do anything bad, I promise.”

 

He shook his head, refusing to give his hand. It hid too much secrets – too much about him. In the end, she coercively pulled his hands, pulling up the long sleeves of his thick clothing.

 

Sehun looked down, ashamed of his own self. Suzy hesitantly wiped the blood off, not too sure from which scar it was flowing from. She opened her bag, and pulled put her water bottle – before pouring the liquid to his wrists. She then wipes it off with her towel, and runs her fingers through the scars, sending shivers down his spine. Suzy takes a Pororo plaster, and places it over where it bled. “May I do something?” she asked. Sehun instinctively retreated back his arm, and became furious.

 

‘What more do you possibly want?!”

 

He was not mad, rather he was thankful. But the shame he felt was killing him inside. She was the first to discover his secret; furthermore it was the girl he fancied.

 

She flinched at the slightest, feeling his rage, but did not waver. This time, she gently pulled at his arms, and took out a marker from the pocket of her coat; not minding he didn’t gave her permission. He felt tingles in his scarred skin, something he had never felt before. They were usually of gruesome pain - a canvas for his agony. But this time, a girl was using it, and it was not for something out of anger.

 

“I’m done!”

 

She pulled back, asking Sehun to take a look.

 

‘A butterfly?’

 

She nodded.

 

“Butterflies are my favorite things in the world!” She exclaimed, eyes turning to crescents.

 

She then added in a whisper, “So don’t kill it, okay?”

 

Sehun felt his heart swell, and he could not contain the sobs he had kept for his whole life. The younger then hugged the male, soothing him with sweet words in hushed whispers.

 

To this day, the butterfly remains unharmed as his scars were healing.