A Person Like Tears

A Person Like Tears

tumblr_mz45xumZUC1sz0j5io2_500.gif

Gif not mine. Credits to owner.


"Uh." 

She looked through the menu, flipping through the pages. She didn't know what to order. Everything was like as if it was in a different language. She wanted to treat herself since she didn't have anything to do, but she just sat there, scratching her head.

"Will you like to order?"

She gave the waitress a small smile, "I'm sorry, can I have a second? I didn't pick yet."

As she flipped through the pages, she felt a tap on her shoulder. Glancing back, she looked up at a tall lean boy staring down at her.

"Do you need help in ordering?" 

She nodded, "Yeah, I don't know what to order. It's embarrassing, right?"

He smiled, sitting in front of her and taking the menu out of her hands. Examining it, he shook his head, "Just get me two of the regular, Sulli." 

The waitress smiled as she took the menu away.

"What is a regular?" 

"It's something I always get. I come here often and I've never seen you, so I thought you needed help and I guess I was right." He smiled, "My name is Park Chanyeol."

"~~~~~~." She said, lending out a hand.

Chanyeol took it, instantly grabbing it and shaking it, "It's nice to meet you." 

`

"It's good, isn't it?" 

"It's delicious! What is this?" She asked, taking another bite.

"Let's just say, it's a fancy way of saying chocolate cake." 

She took another bite, "I really love chocolate. I'm surprised you knew what to order. I was craving chocolate."

Chanyeol leaned forward, resting on the palm of his hand, "Well, I guess we have the same taste in food."

"That reminds me, I didn't even eat lunch. Should've ate and then had dessert." 

Her eyes blinked wide, "I know this great galbi restaraunt near! Do you want to come with me after this?" 

He gawked, "You like galbi?"

She nodded, "It's one of my favorite foods. Why, are you allergic?" 

Chanyeol shook his hands frantically, "I love galbi. That is one of my favorite foods, too." 

She gasped, "We do have a lot of common after all." 

Chanyeol nodded, "That's really cool."

`

"Hello?"

"Hey, Chanyeol? Remember how I told you that I'm volunteering at a children's hospital and you said you were interested? Well, I'm actually going there right now. I know it's last minute, but because you said so last time, I was wondering if you wanted to come with me. Unless you're busy." She said.

Chanyeol hummed, "I'll go." 

"Are you sure? You didn't even check your schedule? What if you're busy? Don't you have a meeting?"

Chanyeol laughed on the other line, "Seems like someone wants me to stay at work that bad."

"It's not that." She fiddled her fingers, holding the phone by her ear, "I just don't want you to get in trouble and waste time at the hospital when you have things to do at work."

She bit her lips.

Chanyeol replied, "What would be more important than visiting the children's hospital? Besides, I asked you because I was interested. I could do my work later. I think some things are way more important than work."

Her eyes blinked, "Really?"

Chanyeol laughed, "Yeah. Besides, I kind of want to see you too. It'll be a win win opportunity for me." 

As Chanyeol hung up, promising to meet her there in a few minutes, she closed her phone and blinked for a few times.

Did he just make time for her?

`

"Can we meet?"

She sighed after hearing those words. She wondered what to wear. She wanted to wear something pretty and nice, since he asked to meet, but she was worried.

What if she wore something too pretty that made him break up with her? Just like Woohyun.

She shook her head. Chanyeol wasn't like that.

But then again, she couldn't judge since she didn't know him as well.

But of course, enough that is.

She sighed, closing her eyes and picking her clothes with her hands. Opening them, she shrugged. She'll try again to wear something nice, and if that didn't work out, then oh well for her.

`

"I'm here."

Chanyeol turned around while he was leaning on his car as he stared at her.

"Was I dressed too fancy?" 

She had on a black dress with a gray cardigan and black heels. Her hair was lightly curled and she held onto a gray purse.

"Wow, you look great."

She looked up, curling her hair behind her ears when her eyes widened, "You're dressed up." 

He looked down at his light blue dress shirt and dark jeans. He fixed his hair that was put up as it showed his forehead, "Well, of course, it is a date."

"A date?" She cleared , "You didn't say anything about a date today."

"Then why are you dressed up?" He asked, furrowing his eyebrows.

She looked down, "Well, it's because you just wanted to meet and I didnt know if it was a date or not so I didn't know wht to wear."

He gave her a soft smile, "Do I have to say it's a date? Everytime we meet is a date, right? I don't have to specifically tell you. Besides, even if you wore just jeans a t-shirt would've been fine. Doesn't matter what you wear on the date, as long as it's just you, me and good food and music, it's a date."

A gentle smiled appeared on her face, "Yeah, it is."

He opened the car door, "Well, let's go princess."

`

"Can I see you?"

She looked out the window. It was dark.

"Are you okay? Where are you?" She asked worried.

"I'm at the place we first met. I have to tell you something real quick, it's really urgent. I can't wait till tomorrow, please." 

She fiddled her fingers. She knew it was too good to be true.

"Alright, I'll be there soon."

`

As she ran inside the cafe, she stopped.

opened to see the bright lights setted on the roof of the cafe where everywhere was decorated with roses and candles.

"Chanyeol?"

As she called out, she herad a string of guitar.

Looking towards the front, she saw Chanyeol strumming the guitar, "You're here."

"What is all this?" She asked, walking gently up the aisle.

"I'm asking you to marry me."

She blinked, "What?"

"I'm asking you to marry me." He put down the guitar, "I'll play this later, it's not important right now."

As he walked towards her, she took a step back. She didn't know what to do. Everything was so sudden. Was this really happening? 

Before she could take more steps back, she felt two hands grabbing hers. Looking up, she noticed he was smiling down at her, "Chanyeol."

"We've been dating for roughly 2 years now and I honestly don't know how lucky I am to have found you." He scratched his head, "Honestly, I didn't know the waitress at this cafe. I only said her name because I saw her name-tag. That was my first time going there, but I really wanted to impress you, so I went up to you. You don't know how happy I felt that you didn't know that the 'regular' was actually just a plain chocolate cake." 

She giggled. 

"But anyways, I'm glad I made the first move on you. You're everything I wanted to have in my life and I'm glad God gave me this opportunity to find you. It's like I've found my soulmate."

Her eyes watered at the sound of soulmate. She knew she loved Chanyeol, but what was this feeling?

"I promise you I'd love you forever and cherish you. We'll both live in each other's fantasies."

"Chanyeol, I don't know what to say."

"Well, for starters, you can say yes." He winked when she just laughed. "I'm just kidding. If it's too sudden for you, we can wait. I can wait for a lifetime. As long as you say yes one day, we will get married." 

She felt tears well up in her eyes. Looking next to the counter, she laughed at the chocolate cake.

"What do you say? What is your answer, princess?" 

With a nod, she gave him a peck on the lips, "Yes."

`

She walked down the aisle with her beautiful white dress and veil. 

Looking across to her family and friends, she looked over at a familiar face in the crowd.

As she stared at him, he only stared back. His hands weren't clapping like others, but still.

She gave him a gentle smile before stepping up at the alter, holding onto Chanyeol's hand.

Chanyeol had a huge grin on his face. His smile was reaching up to his ear as he looked down with a red blush on his cheeks.

"What's wrong?" She asked.

Chanyeol shook his head, holding his mouth with the other hand, "I don't know, I'm just happy."

She laughed, "Come on, look at me."

He shook his head constantly, "You're too pretty to look at."

She frowned, "If you don't look at me, others will fall for my beauty and I'll leave you."

Chanyeol looked up, "That's not fair." He blurted when he turned red again and put his head down, "I'll just stay here for a while till I'm ready."

She glanced back at Woohyun. He had a straight face as he held onto the brochure, crushing it in his hands.

She gave him a look while looking back at Chanyeol, who was fanning himself.

"We welcome you to Park Chanyeol and ~~~~~~'s wedding. If anyone has anything against it, please speak now or forever hold your peace."

She heard a chair screech when she looked back. She saw Woohyun's back as he walked out the door, slamming it shut.

She bit her lips, as she looked back at Chanyeol who just kept fanning himself, "No one objected right? Okay, that's good, that's good. Keep calm, Chanyeol."

With a small smile, she squeezed his hands. 

Chanyeol was someone that really loved her for who she was. As much as she missed Woohyun by her side, she knew that Chanyeol would be the first one running towards her when something went wrong.

"Do you Park Chanyeol, take ~~~~~ as your lawfully wedded wife?" 

"Of course, I mean, yes, I mean--I do." Chanyeol stammered.

Woohyun was now just a piece of memory that helped her accomplish where she was at the moment.

Without Woohyun, she would have never found Chanyeol, and till this day, she thanked him and his presence in her life.

"Do you ~~~~~, take Park Chanyeol as your lawfully wedded husband?"

And with that thought in mind, she nodded.

"I do."