A Person Like Tears

A Person Like Tears

 

tumblr_m7fhg2RYUy1r0kpz5o1_500.gif

Gifs not mine. Credits to owner.


"My mom was wondering if anything else is going to happen between us."

Woohyun put down his cup of coffee down on the table, breathing out a huge sigh as she looked down, fiddling with the handle of the mug. 

"I thought I told you I wasn't ready?" He said.

"I know, but my parents were wondering. I mean, we have been dating for a while, so they were just wondering." She looked up, "And, I'm a little curious myself, too."

Woohyun put a hand over his forehead, "I don't want to talk about this. If this is the reason you brought me out here out of my busy schedule, then I have to go."

He pushed the chair back, standing up when she held onto his arm.

"Woohyun, that's not all I wanted to talk about. I wanted to see you too. It's been a while since I saw your face. I know you're busy and all, but why is it so hard to see my boyfriend?" She gave him a cute smile, "Right?"

Woohyun rolled his eyes, "I call you all the time."

"That's not the same as seeing your face." She pouted, "Can't you just spare me an hour? Or thirty minutes even?" 

Woohyun looked down at his watch, "I don't even know if I can spare you ten minutes, actually." 

She smiled, "That's good enough for me! I just want to talk to you."

"That was ten minutes." He narrowed his eyes, "While you talked about that marriage talk." 

She looked down, "Was that already ten minutes?" 

"Yeah, so I have to go now." 

He didn't even say bye as he headed out the door. She waved her hand but brought it down when she found out he wasn't even looking her way. 

`

Woohyun sighed. His head was hurting from staying up too late working on projects.

As he cracked his neck, he heard his phone vibrate. Opening up to a text message, he groaned.

"This baby clothes is cute, isn't it?" 

He threw the phone on the table as he leaned on the chair, looking up at the ceiling with his eyes closed.

He knew his girlfriend wanted to get married, but he wasn't ready yet.

Not ready as in - not in the mood to marry anyone at all. He's still young, he still has time to see other girls, but why does she want to be chained up with him? It just didn't make sense.

He had to think about something quick. He had to either marry her and have a soul-less marriage, or break up with her. He had no other option.

Although he sincerely loved her and wanted to be there for her and maybe get married to her, he couldn't see a future between them.

Woohyun opened his eyes and made up his mind. It was time to break free.

`

"It's been a while since you called me on a date!" 

Woohyun turned around to see her dressed up in a light pink dress with a white cardigan. Her hair was gently curled, "How do I look?"

Woohyun picked his ear, "I just wanted to see you, not have a date."

"Yeah, but it's been a while since you called me out, I wanted to wear something fancy. Where are we going?"

Woohyun stuttered, "Uh, I-I was thinking of just getting a drink at the cafe near work."

"We always go there." She pouted, "I know it's our little cafe place, but can't we go somewhere better? I mean, it is a date afterall."

"I told you, it's not a date." His eyes narrowed, "And I have to get back soon so I don't have time."

She frowned, "Okay." She then smiled, "But either way, I'm excited to see you finally after a long time! Let's go!" As she grabbed his arm and pulled him in the cafe, he released herself.

With confusion in her eyes, she looked up at him when he scratched the back of his head.

"Let's just go." He opened the door and walked in as he didn't even hold it open for her.

She furrowed her eyebrows a little as she bit her lips. She sensed something, but she shook it off when Woohyun looked back. 

`

"Did you get the picture I sent you? Wasn't it cute?" She awed as she looked through her phone, "It's so small."

"Listen--" 

Her head perked up, "What is it?" 

He swallowed hard, "I saw the picture and it was cute."

Her eyes brightened, "Right? It's so cute. I can't wait till we--"

"Stop." 

She looked at him with confusion, "Stop what?"

"This." He said, looking at her, "I can't handle it anymore. Presure and stress is making me go crazy. I can barely focus on my work." He sighed, "I don't see a future with you. At least, not yet and not soon. I want to meet other people and I don't even know if you're my real soulmate or not. I don't want to be with you if all you think about is marriage."

She her lips, "I could wait." 

"No, you can't. You always talk about marriage, you want to get married now, but I can't promise you marriage. I can't promise you anything at all." 

She shook her head, "We can work it together. Don't worry, I can wait forever if you want me to. I'll talk to my parents and it'll be okay. I won't send you any picture and I won't talk about it, so don't get stressed out, okay? Let's just forget everything and let's just go back to normal. To dating. Or maybe we can take a break and we can--"

Woohyun stopped her, "No. I don't want to continue this relationship with you." 

She looked at him, "Is it because of the marriage or in general?"

"In general." He said, putting a hand over his eyes, "I just don't want to be tied down already. I have my life to live too, you know. I want to live it to the fullest, I can't put you in the back like some baggage. You need to go find someone else and I just need to be free from everything."

"Did I make you chained in this relationship?"

He put his hand down, "If you want me to be straight forward then yes. I'm tired of being chained down by you. I just wnat to be free. Let me pick who I want to marry."

"I didn't know you were going through that much." She whispered, "I-I'm sorry."

He shook his head, "It's fine. Just, let's just end it okay? Just quit everything and go back to where we never met."

She pulled her hair, "So much for getting dressed up, huh?"

His eyes softened, "I told you it wasn't a date."

"Yeah, but like I said, it was the first time you called me out. I was excited." She looked down, "I understand what you're saying. I won't wait for you." 

He sighed in relief, "Thank you." He stood up, "Listen, I have to--"

"Head back, I know." She whispered, "Go on. I won't bother you anymore." She smiled at him, "Thanks for everything." 

He nnodded, "Yeah, same here."

With that, Woohyun walked out the door of his cafe with his hands in his pockets. Blowing out hot hair into the sky, he didn't glance back and smiled.

He was finally a free person.

`

"Huh." 

Woohyun woke up to sweats on his forehead. He wiped it with his hands as he looked at the clock on his bedstand. It read: 3:30 AM. 

He sat up as he tried to wipe away more sweats. He had been having dreams about her again. As much as he tried to erase her and lose contact with her, she somehow came back to him. Lingering feelings, perhaps? 

He shook his head, this was insane. He was the one that broke up with her. Right? 

He laid back down, putting an arm around his neck. He looked up at the ceiling. Funny how years already passed.

"It's been three years, Nam Woohyun, get over it, will you?" He turned to his side.

For a brief moment, he saw a glimpse of her next to his bed when he shook out the memories.

"It's been so long, why am I still missing her?" He whispered to himself as he tried to close his eyes.

Memories flashed before him when he sat back up. Taking another pill and gulping it down with water, he lays back down.

"Another day, another sleeping pill." 

With that, Woohyun fell asleep again having the same dream.

`

"Woohyun?"

He glanced up wearily with his sleepy eyes. Again, he couldn't sleep. 

His secretary stood outside the door, "Someone is here to see you."

He yawned, "Did she make an appointment?" 

"No, but she said she's a very close friend of yours."

"She?" Woohyun gave a whiny face, "Just let her in, I'll see who it is."

As the secretary bowed, he felt a presence by the door. The figure slowly closed the door.

"Who is it?" Woohyun questioned as he looked up, picking his ears.

His eyes widened in surprise as he saw her.

"What are you--"

"It's been a while, Woohyun." She smiled, as she sat on the chair in front of him, "Nice place you got here. You never let me in so I wouldn't know."

"How did you-- Why are you--"

She gave him a small smile, "I was wondering how you were doing. It's been a few years, right?"

"Three years." He replied.

She nodded, "Yeah, it's been pretty long. I was curious of how you've been living and--" She nodded, looking around, "You got a great place. No wonder you couldn't stay off of work."

Woohyun stood up, walking towards her, "Why are you here?"

"I told you." She replied.

"No, I'm serious. What do you want from me?" 

"I don't want anything." She said, "Why are you being so hasty? Can't a friend come and ask how her friend is doing? Is that so bad?" 

"~~~~~~~,"

She sighed, "Fine, fine. You caught me. You seem to know what I've been up to all the time. That's why I never get past you in anything."

She stood up. As she reached in her bag, she grabbed a small envelope.

"Here." She replied, "I came here to give you this."

Woohyun looked at the envelope. It was a light pink color. 

"Well, are you going to stand there and look at the awesome color of the envelope, or are you going to open it?" She teaesd.

He glanced up at her, when he gently opened it. Taking out the ribboned card, his eyes widened.

"You--" 

She nodded, "Congratulations to me, I'm getting married."

Woohyun gasped in surprise. He looked at it, "Park Chanyeol?"

"Yeah, my fiancee." She blushed, "We dated for two years and a half, so we thought it'd be okay to get married." 

He blinked a couple of times, "Wow, so sudden--"

"Not really." She shrugged, "Maybe for you, but to us, it was just the perfect timing. He wanted a family and I wanted a family and--" She paused, "You were right, I found my soulmate."

He looked directly into her eyes, "So this is why you're here? To give me this?"

"Yeah."

"Why?" 

She looked at him, "Because for one, we share a lot of history together. You were my ex-boyfriend." She sighed, "And two, you are still a really close friend of mine. I want you to be happy and congratulate us. You will, right?" 

Woohyun put the card down on his table, "Yeah, I'm very happy. Surprised, but happy." 

She smiled, "I knew you'd be the first to congratulate me. I wanted to mail this to you, but this is just an excuse to see how you were doing as well and I'm glad you are." 

Woohyun felt himself become sweaty as he needed to sit down. He felt wobbly for a second when she stared at him.

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah." He said, holding his head, "Just a little tired."

She took a step forward when she stopped, "I hope you're feeling better. Don't overdo yourself."

"Yeah." 

She looked down, "Well, I just wanted to hand you this. I'm glad you're doing better. You seem a lot better anyways." As she walked towards the knob she looked at him for the last time, "I hope to see you there." 

He stopped her, "I thought you said you would wait for me?" 

She shrugged, "Yeah, but you stopped me." She fiddled with the doorknob, "Besides, you even said I wasn't your soulmate. Also, I think I found mine already." She gave him a wink, "I'm sure you'll find one as well. So much better than me, anyways."

"Don't tell me you've been sleeping okay for three years."

"What?"

He glared at her, "That's not fair. I was the one that broke up with you! I was the one that was supposed to have a lovely life while you do nothing. I wanted to be free and happy but why am I the one that's dreaming about our memories for the past three years and why are you the one that is free and happy? Why am I in such a bad mood everyday wishing and regretting while you're getting married to your soulmate?"

"Woohyun." 

"That's not fair! You were supposed to be mine!" 

She paused, "Woohyun, you're being very rude about this situation. You wanted this to happen, don't tell me about anything. You planted this on yourself." 

"I know and I'm wondering why nothing good is happening to me!" 

"You know, I came here to ask you to congratulate me and wish me happiness after what you have caused. I was broken for a while until he came and fixed me and what do you say? Are you really being selfish and wanting me back?"

Woohyun gritted his teeth, "Yeah."

She shook her head, "Well, Woohyun, it's your loss because whatever you do, I won't go back to you. Chanyeol is my real soulate and he does everything to make me happy. You? You don't even make time for me." She opened the door, "And don't act like you care for me when you never did."

She slammed the door shut as Woohyun threw the invitation on the floor.

He punched the wall as he felt the blood trickling down.

He was supposed to be the one erasing everything about her. He was the one that started everything, but why is he the one not being able to let go? 

`

This was orginally supposed to be a oneshot, but Woohyun's part was pretty long, so I'll make it a two-shot. The second is about Chanyeol and her & a little bit of Woohyun. I'll update maybe tomorrow or soon but either way, I should change the summary and the tag, heheh. <3