One

Winter Girl

I watched the girl like I do every December. She seems to get more sad as each year passes. Could I blame her? Of course not. She was my one and only snowflake: beautiful and unique, she was an original. I could never even be angry with her, no matter how much it frustrated me that she refused to go outside at all.

I could never step foot into her home physically, but if she were to step outside for a few minutes, long enough for me to come to her, then I would be able to appear before her and claim her finally. Sighing deeply with annoyance a gush of frigid air was produced, blowing the trees so much they started to bow.

"Why doesn't she just come outside already?!" I ask aloud. I know she must feel the urges, they pull her to me like a moth to light but for some reason she always fights it and stays put inside her tiny house. "More like a prison." I scoff quietly with a scowl towards the falling apart structure.

"Now don't be bitter Hyung." A voice said before crackling in laughter.

I snap my head behind me and look up in the trees, that moron had a thing about heights. "What do you want Jongdae?" I irritatily asked my younger 'brother'.

"Oh you know, just wanted to check up on you and see how the spying was going. She still not coming outside?" He asked with a stupid grin I wanted to freeze off.

"Well obviously if she was coming out I would be with her and not here cursing your presence." My neck was starting to get stiff from looking up high for so long. "Come down now you idiot!" I ordered.

Jongdae laughed as he jumped down, landing on his feet uninjured even though it was probably at least a thiry-foot drop. "As you wish Hyung. But you know the others are starting to get curious about this girl. Most doubt she is even yours to claim anymore."

This statement made me frost over and not being able to control myself my eyes flashed blue before a burst of ice suddenly appear in the air and icicles shoot fast in the direction of Jongdae.

"WOAH!" Jongdae exclaimed as he barely dodged the ice. "Hyuuu~ng!" Jongdae whined.

"Sorry, didn't mean to lose it." I half-heartily apologized because Jongdae was practically asking for it with what he was saying to me.

"Yeah right." Jongdae glared and thunder started to echo overheard as clouds began to darken from grey to charcoal.

"Jongdae stop it." I said firmly, my eyes were flashing a bright blue between seconds of returning to their regular grey-blue shade. "She doesn't like thunderstorms, they frighten her." My teeth were clenched and I was restraining myself from attacking my brother. I could feel her nervousness and her fear, she was dreading a storm and I knew she was praying that the storm would blow past her before even starting. "Jongdae stop now or--"

"Okay okay." Jongdae still glared at me but the thunder ceased.

"Go back home now, leave me."

Jongdae sighed. "You going have to face the harsh truth eventually Hyung." Was all the younger said to me before sprinting away and suddenly disappearing into thin air.

I scowled. What harsh truth?

I looked back to the piece of cottage that passed as my snowflake's home. I could feel her anxiety ease slowly and that calmed most of my fury and agitation.

I sat down in the snow and closed my eyes, concentrating on my snowflake with my entire being. Eventually I was able to travel spiritually to her and I was 'standing' next to her. I watch her stiffen as she ate her dinner, I smirked knowing she could feel my presence. She finished her food slowly and I followed her to the sink, I watched as she washed her dishes.

"When I claim you, you will never have to wash another dish..."

She scowled after I whispered this, she was fighting herself now and telling herself she was crazy--- no one was there. I chuckled because it was always so cute watching her fight herself like this.

"Stop fighting it baby, come outside already. You want to come with me, you know you do."

She bit her lip then, causing a stir of arousal inside me. All the little things she did could as easily as turning on a light-switch.

"Chessie, I'm taking my bath now." She informed her cat suddenly. "Stay away from the bathroom until I am out." She ordered like always. My snowflake is so pure and innocent she doesn't even want her male cat to see her indecent. The cat meowed as if it understood and my snowflake walked off to the single bathroom in her home.

Now I am not a ert for following her because when she undressed herself I didn't stand there and gawk, I merely peeked every other second... Alright so I am a little ert but I couldn't care less because this was my dear girl. I was going to claim her one day and her body, heart, and soul would be mine to share with her as mine would be hers as well.

She washed herself thoroughly, much to my displeasure because it was A LOT.

I groaned. "Baby, you're driving me nuts!"

She looked alarmed for a second, her wide eyes made the arousal worst. I continued to grumble to myself until she finished up minutes later because it was obvious she was completely ignoring me. I watched her dress herself in warm pajamas and I smiled at how cozy she looked.

She went back to the kitchen and turned out all the lights in the small home, before moving back to her bedroom with the cat in tow. She tucked herself into the blankets, taking shelter from the cold air that was lingering in her home. I thought it was funny how she tried to kick the cat away from her, half-shouting curses like "Cheshire! You stupid cat get off! You're an ugly old creature and I will kick you out if you don't move!" Her threats were empty though and both the cat and I knew it. The cat snuggled closer to her and started snoring, he was asleep and ignoring my snowflake.

She huffed but curled around the cat and hugged it like a doll, going to sleep herself. This was the same as four years ago when she first took the stray in. It was actually in the Autumn that she did so I wasn't able to see this for myself however that Winter I was only half-surprised to see the animal, I was very much aware of the second presence in her home but seeing it was a cat instead of a companion made my jealousy subdue, even if it was a male feline.

After an hour of watching my darling her breathing finally evened out and she entered a peaceful rest, clutching the fat and incredibly large cat close to her still and resting her cheek on top of the sleeping animal's head. The cat must have been a Maine Coon or something because he was too big too be just a regular breed. I approached the bed with careful, slow steps not wanting to alarm her with urges inside her dream world. I watched the cat's twisted whiskers twitch and Cheshire blinked his eyes opened to stare at me getting closer to his master. I knew he couldn't really see me because technically I wasn't there - just spiritually I was. I didn't pause in my steps and ignored the cat's gaze, it probably sensed me since animals had the intuitivity. I leaned over the side of the bed and kissed her forehead.

"I love you Baby and I am going to wait for you as long as I have to. You're mine, forever and always. Nothing is going to change that." I whispered before disappearing. I needed to get back to my body because leaving it was very draining and exhausting. I would just have to go home and come back tomorrow in the morning when my snowflake wakes.

 

 

 

 

 

Author's Note: Just a short update today~ if I still have internet tomorrow after this storm then I will update tomorrow with a longer chapter / two short chapters--- either one of those haha ps if you don't know what a maine coon cat is like or its size then here's a picture of one so you can get an idea of how big this cat is~ DON"T FORGET TO COMMENT :3

large-maine-coon-cat.jpg