One

School Days

A sound from outside pulled Heechul from his studies to the window. Choi Seunghyun was surrounded by a large circle of friends, deep in conversation. Heechul leaned against the window and sighed. He noticed Seunghyun a couple of months ago at the beginning of the term. How could he not? Seunghyun was beautiful,cool, the life of the party. King Cool of the School. Everything opposite of Heechul, who spent all of his time buried in his books. Heechul hardly spoke to anyone- a few teachers; students he was paired with in class; his best friend Donghae. He was just too shy.

Not Seunghyun, though. He seemed to know everyone. The group in the quad laughed as  he appeared to have finished his story. Heechul chuckled to himself as they began to splinter off. Suddenly Seunghyun looked up and locked his eyes on Heechul's. Heechul stepped back, looking around him. He was still alone in this corner of the library.  Heart pounding, he peeked out the window again. Seunghyun was still looking at him. Heechul turned away and forced himself to focus on his work.



After Heechul's last class, his teacher pulled him aside.

"Heechul, I wonder if you'd be willing to tutor Choi Seunghyun? I know that you won't need the extra credit you'll receive for it, but Seunghyun needs the help so much otherwise he'll fail."

Heechul blushed furiously and managed to stammer out, "Yes of course, Mr. Lee."

Mr. Lee smiled. "Excellent. He'll meet you in the library now."



Heechul walked slowly towards the library. The idea of working with Seunghyun scared him, although he didn't know why. Seungyun had never been cruel- had never even noticed him.

"It's just because he's new in your life," Heechul whispered to himself. "You'll do fine." Taking a deep breath, Heechul pushed the doors open. The library was empty. Walking towards his favorite corner, he noticed Seunghyun was already waiting. He was certainly a looker- dark eyes, kind of intense looking, and it was obvious even through his clothes that he was in shape. Heechul drank in the sight. He didn't think he'd get very many opportunities to do so without making an of himself.

"You're late!" Seunghyun's voice snapped Heechul out of his thoughts. "If I keep the guys waiting too long, they'll get y."

"Which guys?" Heechul asked, sitting down.

"The guys I'm always with- Jiyong, Seungri, Youngbae, and Daesung?" Seunghyun asked. "Don't you notice anything outside of your books?"

Heechul didn't answer. Instead, he pulled books and a notebook out of his bag. Seunghyun suddenly felt like an . Clearly his tutor was painfully shy, and he'd just made it worse.

"I'm sorry, Heechul," Seunghyun put his hand on Heechul's arm. "I didn't mean-"

"Let's get started," Heechul interrupted, startling them both. "Geometry first."

Seunghyun took his hand back and tried to pay attention.



Almost two hours later, Jiyong found Heechul and Seunghyun still in the library. Seunghyun had completely  lost track of time. Heechul was a good teacher and Seunghyun was actually absorbing some of the more difficult problems. For his part, Heechul didn't want to get distracted by Seunghyun and embarrass himself, and it took a lot of energy to stay focused. Luckily, Seunghyun was an engaging student and seemed to be picking up a few things. Jiyong held back. He loved when Seunghyun played at being studious- he was even wearing glasses. His eyes flitted to the guy tutoring Seunghyun. Although an overly studious teachers' pet, Kim Heechul wasn't too bad looking. His long black hair was pulled back and he was also wearing thick black glasses, that hid large, feline eyes. Jiyong briefly wondered what Heechul would look like in a school girl outfit. If he weren't such a nerd, Seunghyun might be  interested. But, Seunghyun liked partying and noise, not studiousness.

"Hey brainiacs!" Jiyong announced as he approached the table. "Did you get lost?"

Seunghyun saw Heechul flinch, but didn't comment. If Jiyong was the source of Heechul's discomfort, he didn't want to draw attention to it.

"Same time tomorrow?" Seunghyun asked, picking up his bag.

Heechul nodded, not looking up. "We'll work on biology."

Seunghyun let himself be pulled along by Jiyong, but he still  looked back. Heechul ignored Seunghyun's silent plea to look at him, and gazed out of the window.



Later that night at the pool hall, Seunghyun couldn't get his mind off Heechul. It was becoming difficult to hide his bored expression. Thinking back to Heechul, Seunghyun was surprised but untroubled that his little study buddy occupied his thought. He had certainly noticed him before- he was really good looking- but others had been able to keep his mind off Heechul. Now...

"You're up hyung!" yelled Seungri.

Seunghyun stood up and took his shot. The ball sailed cleanly into the pocket, and Seunghyun sat back down.

"Your mind is wandering." Jiyong said. Seunghyun didn't respond.

"Are you thinking about your new tutor?" Youngbae teased. The glare he received in return startled him.

"What if I was?" Seunghyun demanded. "Are you picking on him?"

"What? No!" Youngbae stuttered.

"Good. Don't let me hear otherwise. About any of you." Seunghyun glared at his posse, and they all nodded. Whatever Seunghyun says, goes.