Drag

Midnight Ether

Chanyeol

Chanyeol hopped out of the nearest window that was opened in the hallway. He hoped that his senses were lying to him. This wasn’t a problem, he wanted to have right now…

He landed on the grass and took a deep breath. The scent of his enemy spread all over his receptors. It was dreadful, the hate and the amusement of his, it disgusted Chanyeol. He run to the side where the smell came from and climbed the nearest tree.

There was a boy on one of the tree branches, he was waiting for Chanyeol. Vampire was darker than black, his handsome face wrecked in a self-sufficient grin. Boy had a pale skin, black longish hair and dark eyes that looked enchanting with his slim body.  

- Kai… Chanyeol whispered.

- Happy to see me?! Kai didn’t wait for an answer and continued.

Missed me?! It’s a shame you didn’t continue this amusing play. It started to get interesting, finally…

- What do you want? Chanyeol interrupted the boy.

- I already said – I “missed” you, my love. Kai stood up and looked in the Chanyeol’s eyes. It seems you have completely forgotten about me. Such a shame, I was hoping for a warmer welcome.

- In your dreams… Chanyeol said quietly, holding back his anger. One more word from this little prick’s mouth and he could swear to God, he would rip Kai’s head off.

- Hah?! Still angry with me? It’s been already 50 years. We could at least share your new friend. Kai looked at the window, where Luhan was, and his lips.

The next thing he knew, he was flying through trees. Chanyeol had kicked him with an incredible power. Kai hit one of them and slid down in the grass. He started to laugh:

- Oh, my ing God!! Hahahah ahhaahaha!!! You like him?! Hahahaa! Kai couldn’t stop laughing. He got on his knees and started to hit the ground.

Chanyeol had enough of Kai’s hysterical laughter. He flashed to Kai and grabbed him by his collar. Kai stopped laughing and reacted quickly, he grabbed Chanyeol’s ankle and threw him away. Chanyeol backflipped and landed on his feet, holding one hand on the ground. Kai slowly came up to him.

- I knew this city wouldn’t disappoint me. We will have so much fun, my friend!

- Don’t you dear to touch him! You already have done too much damage. Chanyeol stood up.

- But I just got here. Kai played dumb and stuck out his tongue. Ouuu! You thought about our little misunderstanding?! You have to admit it, we had so much fun in the good old days. Now one has to be more careful. Who would think that humans would advance so far? 

You mean, you had fun and I had to clean your mess…

- I’m sorry, my lover! Kai bent for a hug.

- Stop! We are NOT lovers anymore. I had my lesson. You are too twisted, I hate you. Chanyeol pushed him away.

- Can you forgive me? Young vampire took his hand.

- You left me in dungeon with a pile of rotting bodies for months!!! Chanyeol yelled. He answered Kai’s gesture with bursting his ribs. He pulled his hand out of Kai’s body and wiped his hands with the boy’s coat.

- Stay away from me and Luhan.

Chanyeol left Kai lying there. He at least bought them few days till the bloody bastard regained his full strength.

 

Luhan

Like I would go anywhere anyway... Luhan sighed.

Despite of his relief that Chanyeol finally left, he had an uneasy feeling about this. It was too strange and he suddenly had goose bumps. But he doesn’t time for this. Luhan had bigger problems right now – D.O. He knew that it’s pointless to call him, so he opened his messenger. He stared for a while at the blank screen and finally wrote:  “Hi, umm…”. He looked at the ceiling for a while then back at his phone. He didn’t know what to write. Apparently his friend was offended by something. Well, let’s face it, it couldn’t be more obvious. But he didn’t want to imply anything either.

“… let’s meet up!

You have no choice T.T”

He pressed SEND and went to his easel.

He set up his stuff and started to work.

There was nothing else he could do, plus Luhan had no time to deal with this melodrama, his exams were coming and deadline was too close. He had to concentrate and ignore all distractions even if it was this kind of mess.

***

It was already night, it was snowing outside and D.O. still hadn’t replied. It meant only one thing. He was definitely pissed off. Luhan didn’t know how to deal with these kinds of situations. Even when D.O. confessed that time, Luhan had insulted his friend unintentionally. They didn’t speak for months.

He looked at the table where his clothes were. Chanyeol had left his coat and scarf. Luhan looked outside the window, then at the clock. It showed over 8 p.m.

“I wonder where that bastard is…” Luhan sighed and started to pack his stuff. He had done well today, more than he expected, so he was relieved that some things were finished.

Chanyeol came in after a while. He looked tired and his clothes were dirty in some spots.

- What happened? Luhan was surprised.

- You should be careful from now… Chanyeol looked dead serious. He went to the table, where his clothes were laying, and put them on. Then he came up to Luhan, patted his head and kissed his forehead. It scared Luhan, but he didn’t say anything.

- I will walk you home… Chanyeol walked to the door as he said that. ”Give me your phone.”

- Why? Luhan took phone from his pocket and passed it to Chanyeol, when they were in the hallway.

- Call me, if something happens, I put my number on the speed dial.

- Is this the situation, where the less you know, the better?

- That’s a smart boy. Chanyeol finally smiled. His smile, even if it wasn’t unpleasant, made Luhan feel better.

Rest of the road they spent in silence. It seemed that Luhan’s life was in danger and even the smallest sounds bothered Chanyeol. It was strange for Luhan, he wouldn’t ever thought that this vampire was capable of being protective…