Back to school

Midnight Ether

It was the last week of November. Tree leaves had already fallen off completely and it rained cats and dogs. Luhan was caught up in his school work; on top of that he was trying to avoid D.O. or Xiumin, or anyone who had knowledge of his so called “project” with Mr. Chanyeol, all thanks to D.O. and his big mouth. He was worse than women when it came to gossip. Luhan sometimes couldn’t take it anymore, he took his revenge by calling his friend “Mrs. Gossip Owl-head”, it annoyed the hell out of D.O., and Luhan totally enjoyed it.

Luhan already had some ideas about the concept of his term paper. He wanted something ironical, dark, but fun to look at. In fact Chanyeol was the perfect model for this, as he also was Luhan’s inspiration. He just couldn’t let go of such an opportunity of sharing his emotions with the world. If he couldn’t tell anyone, he at least could “show” between the lines. His complex feelings for this situation and Chanyeol were bothering him; he wanted to let it all flow out of his body, by every he made on his canvas.

The last encounter with his vampire was before more than a week. Chanyeol left Luhan unconscious on the couch. When he woke up, it was like he never had been there and that, all of that, was a dream. He was left confused.

What was that all about?” He just couldn’t figure it out. “What is his motivation? To make me feel safe and then…” Luhan didn’t want to imagine what one mistake would cost him.

With head full of questions and no answers Luhan went to his painting study, the school was an old Neo-Gothic style building with long hallways. The heavy rain had already stopped and sun was looking its way in to the passage Luhan went through.

- Kyaaaaa! Look at him, he’s sooo hot!!

- Jeas, yeah, but he looks so young, must be still in high school.

Luhan looked back to see the source of this scream. There was a group of girls chattering and pointing at a boy.

 “Chanyeol?! What the f? Seriously?! Don’t vampires burn in sun or something?”

Chanyeol was wearing a black coat and was wrapped in a light grey scarf; he had army boots, all in black. Luhan had to admit his vampire friend knew how to dress to impress. When Luhan met his eyes, Chanyeol smiled and the girls giggled louder as he came closer. This wasn’t the usual cold smirk he always gave Luhan. It was a bright and heart-warming smile. Luhan felt like someone had just hit his face with a hot iron. This act or whatever it was, was too unbelievably good. The vibe he gave was so charming that everyone fell in love with this inhuman being.

- What are you doing here?

Luhan asked when they finally were few steps away from each other.

- Hello to you too! I thought I will come and confirm our cover story, since I have eternity of free time and no intention of exposing my true identity at most. I just don’t want your friends to get suspicious in case they would see me again.

Chanyeol smiled charmingly.

- No, I mean in daylight?! Like vamp…

- So where is your study?

Chanyeol interrupted Luhan and put his hand around Luhan’s shoulder. Luhan sighed and led Chanyeol farther into the building. He had a feeling that Chanyeol will never answer any of his questions… That egocentric maniac!

***

They entered the study and Luhan closed the door.

- Lock it, may you! 

Chanyeol said, going to the window.

 “Such a nice light, it would be a great day for a picnic.” He thought.

Vampire heard lock turning and his lips turned in a grin.  

He is so obedient, it’s no fun. It’s hilarious, but it’s so boring.

With this thought in his head he flashed over the room and grabbed Luhan’s wrists pressing them to the wall. Luhan flinched and squinted, his eyes closed, it was too adorable and Chanyeol started to laugh.

- Ha-ha-ha! Look at yourself. All worked up by a little surprise attack.

Luhan opened one eye to peek at Chanyeol. His face was too close again. His irises were incredible, with so many blue tones in them. It was so pretty but it looked so cold, like his eyes were frozen. Luhan opened both eyes and swallowed. He got discouraged and let the words flow.

-Emm… you know I don’t feel so good, maybe you can find someone else today…

- Relax! I’m just toying with you. Chanyeol was stunned by his own replay.

! Do I really think of him as a person… aaargh! Okay, let’s test some things…”

He picked up Luhan and carried him till the table across the room. He felt Luhan’s heart beating faster and breathing becoming heavier, his arms wrapped around Chanyeol’s neck, holding on tight. Chanyeol liked it, and it was a pleasant change in his dark life.

I do like him…”

- Why are you doing this?

Luhan whispered, when Chanyeol put him on the table, putting his hands on Luhan’s knees.

- What?

He whispered back in Luhan’s ear.

- “Preserving your cover”, it’s not like they will get suspicious. They would just think you’re some kind of weirdo or whatever…

Luhan said little a bit louder, still embracing Chanyeol, to not look at him.

- Why are you still holding me?

Chanyeol said and at once mentally punching himself, okay, this is too cheesy.

- This isn’t fair?!

Luhan let go him and slapped Chanyeol’s shoulder. Chanyeol looked at him and raised an eyebrow. Luhan’s face grimaced with regret, but he continued.

 - You never answer any of my questions… so… why should I?!

- Aaw! Bambi, why are you so cute today?

Chanyeol mocked Luhan and slid his hands up to his hips, bending his head closer.

- What the ! I don’t swing that way!

Luhan’s eyes widened, he tried to pull away unsuccessfully. He looked at Chanyeol, he was smiling and it creeped Luhan out. Chanyeol moved his hands up to remove Luhan’s scarf and coat.

- So you like me?

He asked looking in Luhan’s eyes after removing his clothes.

- What?! No!!! Why would you say that?

- It’s okay. I won’t judge you. I’m pretty open-minded, as I have lived for more than a century.

Chanyeol said, removing his own outdoor clothing as well. He put them on the chair next to the table, where Luhan was sitting.

His response was too fast, so it means he has had that kind of thoughts. I must play this out carefully and I will have him all.”

 Chanyeol wanted not only Luhan’s blood and body, which he could take any time; he was greedy, he wanted also his heart and mind.

- What? Why are you turning this against me?

- You were the one to speak about such matters.

- But you did…

- Then kiss me. Chanyeol said and Luhan’s thigh.

- What?

- Come on, I know you want to.

Chanyeol bent closer and looked in Luhan’s eyes. He heard someone coming, walking with familiar steps.

“So close…”  Luhan thought.

- Or I should do it myself?! Luhan.

His anticipation grew as the steps became louder. It was D.O. again, Chanyeol could smell his scent already, and it meant that he was few classrooms away. He had come so close to breaking Luhan. So he had to decide fast. Whether to attack Luhan or let him think about this and decide on “his own”…

Luhan turned his head away and felt heat building up to his cheeks.

- No… you have… amm… misunderstood…

- Have I? Chanyeol grinned.

Someone tried to open the door. Time was up.