The Beginning

Midnight Ether

 

It was a fogy autumn night. The sound of leaves dancing in a cool breeze gave a creepy feeling to Luhan who just got from his part-time job. He wrapped himself in a long soft woolen scarf, got his earplugs and turned up volume till there was no other sound except his favorite tunes. The fog around him was so thick that you barely could see flashing traffic lights on crossroads. Strangely the air was dry, and the cold creeps crawled on his back. Luhan dug his hands in pockets and pulled in his chin deeper in the tangled scarf around his neck.

- What the hell is wrong with this weather?!

- It’s autumn, you know, fog happens!

A deep man’s voice told Luhan’s back so close that he could feel the speaker’s breath on back of his head. That startled Luhan so much that he almost got a heart attack.

Apparently he had said it out loud. Luhan turned to look who the speaker was, but he couldn’t spot a live soul in his visibility radius. Anxiety grew in him as he realized that he couldn’t possibly hear anyone through the basses of his player. The green light gave him safe pass, so he started to go as fast as he could, almost running. He saw dark shadows flashing in the enormous, definitely abnormal, fog. The growing fear in Luhan squeezed tears out of his Bambi like eyes and flooded his eyesight more, he practically couldn’t see his way around, and as the shadows lurked closer, he run faster trying not to fall down or run in to pools. Suddenly he felt someone embrace his shoulders and something digging in his neck. Something sharp, it felt like a dog’s bite, but in a way different. Luhan tried to pull his “bitter” off, but strength had left his arms. The pressure of fear and pain was too great for his tired self and he slowly lost his consciousness …

In the next morning the sun was shining too brightly, Luhan’s whole body was stiff and it was nearly painful to move. His neck was burning like hell and his mind was unclear. He opened his eyes and realized that he was in his flat. He sat up in a couch and tried to recall the last night. He got up and nearly fell right back, he was still dizzy…