Episode 1 Part 1

You Who Came From The Stars: Season 2

A lot of people can be seen talking to each other in an elegantly decorated hall. The hall is now buzzing with people who are here to celebrate nuptial bliss of the Min Joon and Song Yi. There are also two professional looking photographers who are constantly taking pictures of the wedding event with their cameras. Turns out the two men who used to frequent Bok Ja’s comic book shop are now professional photographers!

The venue of the wedding ceremony is at the Dynasty Hall of Shilla Hotel in Seoul, the most luxurious venue in the whole South Korea. The wedding hall is decorated extravagantly to make the whole place look very romantic and warm. Candles are lit in the middle of every single table, the place is not brightly lit to give it a romantic ambience and the lightings are dimmed for the best build-up of the ambience that the couple prefers. The wedding backdrop are inspired by the love of Min Joon for the stars, as the hall’s ceiling is customized into a virtual night sky. There are little twinkling lights on the dark, shiny, black ceiling which enhances the sophisticated feel. The creamy white and soft brown-coloured walls are decorated with pictures of the couple’s previously held wedding photoshoots besides photos of them together from the time they are officially together. Their pictures will make everyone who sees their photo to be overwhelmed by their extraordinary love for each other – everyone could just feel the overfilling love of the couple for one another.

The hall is also decorated with roses, calla lilies, amaryllises and sweet peas in different yet captivating shades of soft pink, white and soft orange. There is an aisle for the grand entrance of the bride, decorated with numerous types captivating and stunning flowers along the walkway and curtains to heighten the elegant yet mysterious feel of the bride. Though the hall is able to accommodate 600 guests, the ceremony is only open to invited guests, which totals up to about 250 guests, as the wedding is a strictly private event. The area which are empty is designated to be the dance floor for the wedding reception.

Meanwhile in the viewing room where the bride is seated with her family…

“Appa, I’m nervous. Ottoke? What if something suddenly came up in the middle of the ceremony? You know what it is, appa.” Song Yi gives a cute, aegyo-ish whimper.

Her dad, Cheon Min Goo assures her everything will be alright, “Uri ttal, do not worry. As I remember, your omma was also as nervous as you are when we got married last time. Haha, come to think of it, I think you are calmer than she was.”

“CHEON MIN GOO! What did you just say?? Mworago? I heard that you are saying something bad about me!” Yang Mi Yeon, Song Yi’s mom shouted in rage.

“Yeobo, you look gorgeous in a hanbok! It is so good to see you in a hanbok again, especially on our daughter’s wedding day. And I was just assuring our Song Yi that everything will be alright and she doesn’t have to be nervous about her wedding. Right, uri ttal?” Min Goo gives her a knowing wink.

Song Yi who got the signal says, “Omma, appa is right. We weren’t talking about you behind your back. I am just very nervous for the wedding.”

Mi Yeon just shrugs and says, “Well, just take photos with the guests coming in the viewing room and talk to them, you will ease your nervousness.”

So, Song Yi sits in her chair and took photos with her guests earnestly. Who will miss the chance to take a picture with goddess Cheon Song Yi? She smiles happily in every picture and happily accepts the congratulatory words from the equally happy guests. But in her mind, she is looking for her bridesmaid, Bok Ja, who is yet to be seen.

As if on cue, Bok Ja comes into the viewing room and is stunned by her best friend’s striking beauty in a wedding dress. Song Yi is wearing a Vera Wang wedding gown, designed especially for her and only her. The white gown is creatively embroided with Swarovski crystals from the waist upwards to create an interesting and luxurious look, as suited to Song Yi’s image and personality. Bok Ja is also in a beautiful bridesmaid gown, which is in the shade of very light orange and pearl white.

Bok Ja is in tears while congratulating her best friend, who finally found her one true love. It isn’t easy to find a true love while working in the entertainment industry, and yet Song Yi’s first love is going to be her forever love. Song Yi instead is the one who has to console Bok Ja to not cry, even though it’s happy tears. They took a lot of funny and childish pictures together. Sae Mi and Hwi Kyung also come to congratulate Song Yi on her blissful marriage.

“My best friend, finally you are going to get married to the love of your life. Don’t worry about me, I will find mine soon. The only thing you must do for me, is just to be happy. That is all I ask from you.” Hwi Kyung’s poignant words made Song Yi and Bok Ja in the verge of tearing up.

“Song Yi-ah, I am truly happy that you get to be with your forever love. I am sure he will cherish you forever. We all know that. If he treats you badly or bullies you or squabbles with you, tell us so we can help you revenge. Puha!” Sae Mi adds on to Hwi Kyung’s words.

Song Yi embraces them tightly and says, “What do I do without you three? You guys are always there for me, even when Min Joon wasn’t with me. All these years, our friendship are getting stronger and stronger than ever and I am sincerely grateful for that. Sae Mi, though sometimes you words can be harsh, I can totally understand that you meant well. Bok Ja, same goes to you. Hwi Kyung, you worry too much for me. When will you have the time to find your forever love if you keep worrying about me? You three must find your destinies soon. Then, we can have family gatherings together from time to time.”

The four of them make their group handshakes as a promise to Song Yi to find their destinies and start their own families. They then take group photos for quite a while to commemorate their undying friendship and love for each other.

Song Yi then flashes back to a week before she and Min Joon moves into their newlywed home in the suburbs. That time was 2 months after Min Joon returned in the morning saying he’s home to her. Min Joon was gradually going back to his lecturing job and landing himself a chief researcher position at the Korea Astronomy and Space Science Institute. When everything went in place and he’s getting off the limelight as the time jumper, he brought Song Yi to a romantic place for a short vacation – Paris, the city of light. One night, they had a candlelit dinner at a luxury restaurant overlooking the Eiffel Tower. The whole restaurant was booked by Min Joon so only the two of them were there, besides the working staffs. The two of them had a really romantic and sweet date there. After finishing their meal, the desserts which happened to be ice cream were served. When Song Yi was finishing her ice cream, her spoon hit something hard and she was shocked to find a diamond ring hidden in her ice cream. Immediately, Min Joon went down on one knee and held a bouquet of calla lilies in one hand in front of her.

He said, “Back then, there was a few times that I had planned my proposal but then I got the cold feet before I could proposed to you. In the end, I proposed to you at Jangsado after serenading you. You accepted my proposal, but I don’t think that is a proper proposal as your words after I put on the proposal ring for you weren’t positive. And you made a video of yourself dancing to Bruno Mar’s ‘Marry You’ as your way of proposing to me. And now, I, Do Min Joon, is going to officially propose to you, my dear Cheon Song Yi. These years without me, you have been waiting for my return, though it breaks your heart into million pieces not knowing when I will return. You are wearing the proposal ring on your left ring finger all these while, never had one day you take it off from your finger, not even for filming. I know that I may not be able to always be there for you, but I will try my best to be there for you every time. I won’t be able to promise you eternity but I will promise to love you as long as I live. Promises aren’t meant to be broken so I will not make promises that I cannot be sure that I can keep. But there is one thing that I am very sure of, that is I will never stop loving you. You are my first love, my only love and my forever love. If there’s one thing I want, that is to forever be beside you so that I can protect you, my love. The future that you imagined, is what I want to have with you in the future. Let’s make it happen. Let’s make our dreams into reality. Song Yi-ah, will you marry me, the lovesick man who only sees you?”

Song Yi was very touched by his actions and words, of course she accepted his bouquet of flowers and nodded her head. Min Joon cleaned the 5-carat diamond ring before putting it on her right ring finger. They hugged each other tightly, knowing they finally can together after overcoming uncanny obstacles in their journey of life as he is the boss of the wormhole now!

Song Yi was tearing up while expressing her gratitude for his undying love for her, who she thinks is lacking in so many ways. Min Joon shushed her by giving her a passionate, deep kiss. This is made possible because Min Joon is no longer allergic to her saliva! After that, they strolled around Paris and made plans for their future life together. They planned to move to a house with a yard in the suburbs, which at that time Song Yi didn’t know that Min Joon is already preparing their newlywed house. (Confident much, ain’t he?) Song Yi was describing her dream house and Min Joon was explaining his dream house too. She was gleeful as his dream house is strikingly similar to hers.

And she recalls the reason why she was so happy when they moved their things to their newlywed home a few weeks before. She smiles to herself that they are indeed a match made in heaven – the two of them are similar to one another yet different to one another in different ways.

Suddenly, Yoon Jae comes into the viewing room while gasping for air and says to Song Yi which made her snaps back into reality, “Uri Min Joon hyung fainted in his room. He was too nervous that his face went red and then he faints right after!”

A loud shriek can be heard in the room, obviously it came from her mom. Song Yi, Bok Ja, Hwi Kyung and Sae Mi are so stunned that they couldn’t find words to say. Then Yoon Jae tells Song Yi to go to his room to check on him and Song Yi goes right away without a word.

Just when she exits the room and turns a corner, she got the shock of her life because she sees Min Joon standing right in front of her, holding a large bouquet of light pink calla lilies, her favourite flower. She immediately connects the dot, and she concludes that her brother and Min Joon ganged up to pull a prank on all of them. She hits him hard on his elbow and kicks his leg hard, making him growling in pain. She smugs and walks back to the viewing room indifferently before making up her mind to give Yoon Jae a round of beating and scolding.

After Min Joon recovers from the pain, he immediately runs to where Song Yi is. In the end, it was Yoon Jae’s own idea and Min Joon just happened to be coming to see Song Yi already. Yoon Jae earned a round of scolding not only from Song Yi, but also from his dear mom. He can do nothing but to look on the ground like a kid being scolded for eating the chocolate that he was restricted to eat. Min Goo was the one who stopped everyone from continuing to scold his darling son. He can keep his eyes off his son who is handsome than ever in a dark blue suit.

Meanwhile, it is Min Joon and Song Yi’s time! Min Joon keeps on complementing Song Yi’s beauty in her wedding dress while Song Yi does the same for Min Joon’s handsomeness. Min Joon is dressed in a smart-looking suit, which is also the same colour as Song Yi’s wedding gown. They are being very intimate with each other with their closest friends and family around. They are whispering into each other’s ears and boy, are the others shocked to see Song Yi openly sit on his lap while sweet-talking to each other and calming each other off their nervousness. Soon after that, Min Joon is requested by the wedding planner to standby in the hall for the wedding ceremony to start. Everyone’s hearts start to beat super fast after Yoon Jae as the best man, leaves with Min Joon to get ready at the podium in the wedding hall. All the guests are then invited to be seated in the hall not long after.

The lights in the hall are all dimmed, except for the little twinkling lights above. Then, the famous wedding march is played soothingly on the piano by a renowned pianist, Richard Clayderman. The big doors of the hall is then opened slowly for the bride to make her grand entrance with her appa and bridesmaid.

Song Yi walks into the wedding hall hand in hand with her father, with Bok Ja following her behind to hold her wedding gown’s tail. Everyone stand up and clap their hands happily when Song Yi slowly walks on the aisle to the podium. Praises of her astounding beauty can be heard, even in the midst of soft music and intense clapping. She plastered a smile on her face while deep down, she is screaming of nervousness that every bride will understand.

When they reach the podium, her father hands her to Min Joon happily and the wedding ceremony is started. Yoon Jae and Bok Ja are standing side by side on the side of the podium now. The parents of the couple are invited up to the podium for officiating the wedding ceremony. Lawyer Jang and his wife are Min Joon’s parents for the ceremony. The couple exchanges their rings after pledging to love and support each other forever no matter what happens in their life. Then, they kiss each other in front of everyone as the sign of union of two individuals as one. After the officiation of the marriage between Min Joon and Song Yi, the couple proceeds to cut their wedding cake and pop the champagne in the witness of their families and friends. A new official couple is now born. After the wedding ceremony, they then proceed to their wedding reception after an hour’s break.

Min Joon and Song Yi used the one hour given to change into a new set of wedding suit and wedding gown. Min Joon changed into a black tuxedo and suit while Song Yi changed into a pink-purple-blue wedding gown that changes colour between the three colours according to the angle it’s seen. Her gown is very elegant and attractive indeed. Min Joon is truly smitten when he sees her in the gown. Lawyer Jang who happens to see Min Joon’s expression teases him immediately and his face and ears went boiling red! HA!

The wedding reception is started with several offers of toast to the couple of the century. Min Joon is careful not to drink too much in one go to prevent himself from getting drunk. Song Yi laughs when his face is starting to become red after a few glasses of champagne. After that, the food is served and everyone starts to munch on their food happily. The orchestral band is now playing slow and romantic songs throughout the dinner, with Richard Clayderman still playing the piano. Halfway through the dinner, the musicians are all invited to enjoy their well-deserved meals after performing a wonderful feat of music for everyone. Meanwhile, it is time for the couple and their parents to give their speeches. Both Min Joon’s ‘parents’ and Song Yi’s parents speak good praises, hopes and wishes they have for the new couple, which most of the time, move everyone to the verge of tearing up for their words are sincere and come from the deepest part of their hearts.

Min Joon and Song Yi give their speech together, saying that it is their fate and destiny to be with each other though the obstacles that come in between them. Min Joon starts by saying, “Even though our love story is one of a kind and our journey is usually hard, it won’t make my love for Song Yi any lesser. Instead, the obstacles are the motivations that keep me moving ahead."

Song Yi continues, “Yes, I cannot deny the fact that we want a normal life where we can live as regular people and have a normal love together. We have come to a point where we don’t care what is normal and what is not anymore. We just live our lives together diligently, cherishing every single second that we can be together. We hope that everyone will look upon us fondly and pray for the best of us, and every single one in this hall."

Min Joon gets everyone’s attention by tapping his microphone and says, “As today is our wedding day, I want all of you to be my witness to my promise. Will you? (everyone cheers and claps loudly) Song Yi-ah, my yeobo, I, Do Min Joon will always be the one to support you and cheer you along no matter what happens. I promise to stay by your side with all my might and will try my best to be there for you anytime, anywhere. This is my promise to you, which is a promise that I will never, ever break. Promise me one thing, live with me happily, okay?”

Everyone is touched by his burning love for his buin, they cheer and clap even louder.

Song Yi has tears streaming down her cheeks by now and Min Joon quickly helps her wipe off the tears gently with his thumbs and caressing her face to soothe her. After calming herself, Song Yi says, “Yeobo-ah, you know that I will always love and trust you no matter what happens in our life. I promise to everyone right here, we will live our life happily!” and she smiles blissfully to Min Joon.

After that, the two of them get ready to perform a song for the guests. They will be performing ‘Nothing’s Gonna Change My Love For You’ with Min Joon singing and Song Yi playing the piano with the orchestral band playing the orchestral instruments for their song.

The two of them look at each other lovingly before giving each other signals to start their song together. Even though they are more than 250 persons in the hall, it seems that the couple are lost in their own world during the song. Their love for each other is evident from the way they look at each other intensely like they can’t have their eyes a single moment off each other. The way that they communicate with music, the way that the emote their love into the song and the way they hug each other after they finishes their song with the grand orchestral music are evident proofs that they only look at each other, no matter who is around them. Next up is the congratulatory songs session. A number of famous singers are invited to sing congratulatory songs for them; they are all the best vocal talents in the industry. After that, the orchestral band plays a few slow tempo, romantic dance song for everyone to dance sensually on the dance floor. Min Joon and Song Yi were the happiest to dance together when the orchestra played their favourite song to dance to which is ‘Promise’ by Im Beong Soo.

After a few more dance songs, it’s another round of glass-raising toasts again, which is now started by Yoon Jae, Bok Ja and the couple’s family. By the time everyone finished toasting to the couple for their health and happiness, Min Joon’s face is now boiling red and he is on the verge of being an unconscious drunkard who might reveal his powers in his subconscious mind. Song Yi, who is now a better drinker thanks to her heartbreak over Min Joon, quickly hands him a glass of fruit juice to undrunk him so that he gets sober fast. Who knows that Min Joon is already in his drunk world and declines the fruit juice while searching for more alcohol? Song Yi and Yoon Jae are worried seeing him getting drunk again so they get him seated at their table and force a glass of fruit juice into his mouth, which fortunately, he finishes it in no time, as Yoon Jae lied that it was a glass of his favourite cocktail, Long Island Iced Tea when in reality it was just a glass of orange juice!

Soon enough, he gradually regains his soberness, to Song Yi’s relief. The two of them then go to the wedding hall entrance to thank their guests who attended their wedding ceremony and reception, since the reception has now come to an end. They and their families thank all the attending guests sincerely and handing out gifts for the guests. The gifts are a specially made glow stick and a box of 8 delicate hand-made chocolates. After sending off their guests from the wedding hall, Min Joon and Song Yi changed their attires again for their after party in the garden which is only for their family members and close friends. Befitting for the after party, Min Joon changed into a chic and voguish sparkling black suit while Song Yi is now in a figure hugging, glittery gold evening gown which bares her shoulder and collarbone.

The after party is the time where every newlywed couple loves the most – it is the time they get to hang out with their friends without being distracted by other things. Song Yi is surrounded by her close friends from the industry as they all start to about her romantic wedding night. Song Yi who didn’t want to be teased by them decides to stick to Min Joon and follows him wherever he goes to, which of course he is happy with. Well, Min Joon doesn’t really have many friends so the couple goes to every table to drink with their friends so that everyone is attended to. After rounding every table, Min Joon and Song Yi drinks with Yoon Jae, Bok Ja, Hwi Kyung and Sae Mi, talking about random stuff. Everyone drinks happily till the night gets later and later. The after party ended at 12 midnight and the guests go back to their own homes while the family members go to their hotel rooms to rest for the night.

Meanwhile, Hwi Kyung and Yoon Jae are now dragging the unconscious Min Joon to his room for the night with Song Yi opening the door for them.

“Aish, jinjja, this hyung! He gets drunk so easily! It’s their wedding night for goodness’ sake! I drank more than him and I am perfectly sober!” Yoon Jae wailed impishly.

“Don’t worry, I will try to make him sober soon. Watch this.” Hwi Kyung said confidently.

“Song Yi-ah, why don’t we leave him alone here and we continue our group chat in my room? I’m sure Min Joon won’t mind.” Hwi Kyung leans closer to Song Yi and sweet talks even more to her which makes Min Joon flinches instinctively immediately. Min Joon immediately sits up straight and shouts in rage, “YAH! LEE HWI KYUNG! DON’T TRY TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF MY SONG YI WHEN I’M DRUNK! EVEN WHEN I’M DRUNK, I KNOW WHAT YOU GUYS ARE DOING!”

Song Yi, Yoon Jae and Hwi Kyung burst into laughter and Hwi Kyung says, “Relax, bro, relax. She all yours now. We just wanted to get you sober and do your thing. You know what I mean right? Don’t you?” Hwi Kyung gives them the knowing smirk.

Min Joon and Song Yi’s faces went red immediately because of his remarks so Min Joon shoves them out of their room immediately. Then, the two of them plop on the bed, heaving deep sighs of tiredness. They know it’s their wedding night, but there are just too tired to enjoy themselves.

Min Joon then suggests, “Song Yi-ah, do you want to do it here or in our newlywed house? I can teleport us there.”

Song Yi then answers, “I think we better do it here. You are still not fully sober yet. What if your powers fail us and we land in the middle of the road? Or on top of trees? Or in the middle of someone’s house?”

Min Joon thinks it through and agrees that it is better to do their ‘duty’ in their suite. They both perk up at the slight thought of finally making love with each other for the first time. Not that they didn’t want to do it in the past before his leave, just that he doesn’t want to take her most precious possession away from her when he can’t be with her.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------- end of episode 1 part 1 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N. I have to bid my apologies to my readers as I will be posting the part 2 at a later date. I am emotionally affected by the MH370 incident where Malaysia Airlines is my national carrier. I will continue to write my fanfic once I am able to do so. I hope that everyone of you will keep everyone involved in the incident in your prayers. Everyone is hoping a miracle will happen. #PrayForMH370 #PrayForMiracles

Quoted from a comment on #PrayForMH370 article :

When I hear stories like this, I stop whatever I'm doing, and do some deep thinking as to whether or not I'm taking my life for granted. Right now I'm thinking about those people- that could have been any one of us, and the terror they must have gone through. What do you think about, when you know you're about to die? And what problems do I think I have, that in a situation like that, become meaningless. I think I'll try to make them meaningless right now, instead of later.

Indeed, we all must cherish our lives. As Do Min Joon has once wondered why do humans live their lives to the fullest even knowing that they will eventually die one day, it is all because we live not to die, but we live to live an enriching live. Cherish you loved ones everyday, solve problems quickly to not leave any regrets. As the commenter said above, we should make things that we feel problemed with into something negligible as soon as possible, so that we can live our lives happily, without a trace of regret. Humans are fragile in times like this, we can be destroyed easily, so live life to the fullest and leave no regrets. Till the next update.