Prologue

You Who Came From The Stars: Season 2

Epilogue of Season 1 Episode 21

Song Yi interviews, and is asked the question of how hard it is to deal with Min Joon’s unpredictable departures. Of course it is hard, she says, but it also allows her to love him more: “If I think that this may be the last time I see his face before me, that moment feels incredibly precious. I’d want to cherish every single moment I get to spend with him.”

And as she sleeps in bed alone, Min Joon appears next to her and is there when she wakes to say, “I’m back.”

They continue to snuggle in bed.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Season 2 Prologue

The camera pans to them moving to their new house – a house with a big yard in the suburbs. They come out from their car, which is followed by the entrance of the mover truck. The movers began to diligently move their things into their newlywed house. Song Yi’s parents and brother is staying with her in her apartment while Min Joon’s will be vacant after they moved in to their newlywed house after their wedding ceremony so that the couple can stay there once in a while. Song Yi’s family promises that they’ll help them clean their apartment frequently after they moved.

“Do Min Joon-ssi, this house is perfect for us! I love how the house is designed. Three storeys with a basement floor! And there’s a lovely swimming pool behind.” Song Yi exclaimed happily.

“Of course it is, I personally designed it! In the past three years without me, you have been living in misery, missing me every single moment. Thus, I designed and built OUR house in the one year and two months I was here the last time before coming back this time. I had always wanted to personally build a house for us after we made our family planning. I hired the best workmen to help me perfect our home. You love it, don’t you?” Min Joon said coolly.

“Omo, you can design and build a house now? Wow, my hubby is surely an all-rounder. You can do literally everything in this world! Saranghae Do Min Joon.” Song Yi said with a warm smile on her face.

“I have been living on Earth for more than 400 years, that’s why your dear hubby has mastered almost all the profession on Earth. Kekeke, let’s go in and check the interior, shall we?” Min Joon suggested.

Song Yi leaned her head onto his shoulder, as her way of saying alright.

When they go inside their home, Song Yi’s jaw dropped. It is furnished in the theme she loves the most – Greek theme and also traces of Roman theme. The interior are mostly in white and gold colours which give off an elegant yet simplistic vibe. There are also parts that are painted soft brown which gives off a warm, homey  and romantic feel, especially the dining room and kitchen. In the living room, there is a fireplace, looking very cozy if they were to lie down on the carpeted floor at night. On the ground floor, they have their cozy living room, dining room, dry kitchen, wet kitchen, wine and liquor room for drinking purposes, shoes closets, and of course comfort rooms! There are also two guest rooms with adjoining bathrooms on the ground floor. The whole storey is furnished with high-end furniture imported directly from Italy and Greece, not to mention the luxurious marble tiles! There are also beautiful paintings hung on the walls. The utensils in the kitchen are arranged neatly and elegantly. The antiques belonged to Min Joon are left in his apartment as he wants to preserve them there, only some that are break proof are brought to their newlywed home. Song Yi is awed by Min Joon’s amazing sense of elegance in the designing of their home, where modern blends in perfectly with traditional.

He brought her to their basement and she found out that one section of the basement floor is their storeroom where tools and unneeded items are kept. There is another section where it is the wine cellar where all the best wines in the world are kept. She looks happy to know that he allows her to drink wine, since he bought her the best wines. She gave him a knowing smirk upon seeing his loving smile.

Min Joon then brought her to check out the first floor. On the first floor, they have their master bedroom with en-suite bathroom and walk-in closets. Min Joon installed a fireplace in front of their bed too. Their room is very big, which is separated by a screen into two sections, one is their sleeping area and the other is the lounging and dressing area. There is a Jacuzzi spa bath for two persons and a shower area, not to forget the grandeur white toilet lined with gold. The closets are still empty for the movers are still carrying up boxes and boxes of clothing and accessories of Song Yi and Min Joon. When the movers are done with moving and left the house, Min Joon used his superpowers to arrange their items into their closets neatly and orderly. They both have their own closets, where her closets are twice the size of his. There are the clothes section, bags section, coats section and accessories section. Knowing Song Yi, Min Joon purposely made their closets super spacious and big so that she has space for more clothing and accessories in the future.

There is another 4 empty bedrooms that are prepared for their future children, painted in pastel blue or pink, but are still unfurnished. There is a music room with different types of musical instruments for them to play – piano, guitar, saxophone, violin, zither, and more. Song Yi learnt to play the piano for one of her dramas and she falls in love with music ever since, as it helps her with the pain of Min Joon’s absence. She is also learning other instruments diligently. There is a study room for Min Joon just next to their bedroom.

Their home has a huge 2 storeys library, which took up the space of an eighth of the first floor and second floor, but is only accessible from the top floor. He retained the design of his library exactly like the one in his apartment. The collections are all from his library in his apartment. There is an observatory on the second floor, with controllable transparent roof and three powerful astronomical telescopes. There is an open-air balcony on the second floor too, which allows them to stargaze and to sleep under the stars (in sleeping bags) whenever they want to. The laundry room is on the top floor too, just next to the balcony so that laundry can be dried easily on the balcony after washing. Min Joon designed the observatory area almost the same as his apartment – he managed to get another two different types of trees that entwined together and grow as one and planted them under the transparent roof for sunlight. Min Joon showed Song Yi how the moving roof above covers up and exposes the transparent roof with a touch of remote control. He explained that the moving roof is there so that when the weather is very sunny, the house won’t get expose to direct sunlight; and when it is night time, they can stargaze indoors if the weather outside is too cold. He planted the exact plants and weeds that were grown in his apartment around the tree to create a greenish environment for them when they lounge in their couple chairs together.

Song Yi is truly amazed with the house, the place they call their home. She is so delighted that she plants a kiss on Min Joon’s cheek. Min Joon blushes at the sudden kiss, which earned him a round of teasing.

Then she dragged him to check out their yard, and she smiles gleefully to see that there’s not only a swimming pool in their backyard, there are also comfy-looking kennels for their pets, lounging chairs, garden dining set for them to dine outdoors and also a kids playground.

“Thank you Do Min Joon, for creating such a beautiful home for us. This is truly our home, even though you did everything yourself, thank you for considering my likes and dislikes too. This is truly my dream home. Can we stay here tonight? Our official wedding ceremony is still weeks away. I can’t wait to finally stay here.” Song Yi asked affectionately, with hints of aegyo in her voice.

Do Min Joon gave her a knowing smile and teleported her inside. Song Yi cooked something nice for him as dinner and he happily gobbled down the food, thanks to her improved cooking skills in the three years that changed her. After cleaning up together, they climb into bed together and Min Joon tells her a bedtime story before she finally drowses off to dreamland. Min Joon smiles lovingly, turns off the lights and hugs her tightly before dozing off himself. They both dream happy dreams that night as they have finally get their newlywed house ready for them and their life.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Before dawn, they got back to their apartments together to kick start their day separately. Song Yi has schedules to rush to – she is the top star, CF Queen, the nation goddess that everyone loves. She is not the old Cheon Song Yi anymore, her attitude is truly different from how it was three years ago. She is now a humble, modest and polite lady. She is no more the girl with the princess disease. This is all thanks to her enriched life experience with Min Joon which made her reflects on her life a lot. She finally made up her mind to change herself so that she is lovable by others. She also improved her acting skills, which earned her Daesangs for 4 years consecutively from 2014 to 2017. She is the best actress in her generation, as everyone has said. In the absence of her dear lover, she finally completed her undergraduate studies with her own efforts. She tried her best to attend her classes despite her busy schedules. Everyone adores her, for her change in attitude is overwhelming and inspiring. Song Yi also involved herself in charity activities secretly because she doesn’t want publicity for those. She now gained the immunity from netizens’ hate as they’re unable to find fault in someone who turned over a new leaf willingly. She is now an inspiring icon of South Korea – the girl who was met with harsh life experiences and transforms herself for the better into a sweet lady.

On the other hand, Min Joon has not only gone back to his university to teach Philosophy and Astronomy, he is also a chief researcher at the Korea Astronomy and Space Science Institute. When he suddenly disappeared while kissing Song Yi at the 2017 Korean Film Awards, he again hit the headlines. Once again, people are discussing his true identity. Despite their curiosity, as he is a non-celebrity and the nation’s goddess requests that everyone not to give him media pressure as Min Joon doesn’t like to be in the limelight, everyone decided that it is best to leave him alone as per Song Yi wishes. Therefore, everyone shrug off the possibility of him being alien with superpowers. Hence, Min Joon is able to live a quite normal life with Song Yi.

So now the both of them are sitting side by side for their interview again, in Min Joon’s old library. Min Joon was asked how did he managed to come back after leaving with his UFO. He explains, “Technically, I did left Earth riding on my spaceship. I was beamed into it when my body was disappearing, which I thought I was disappearing for good, turns out it was their new technology! Our technologies have advanced greatly therefore we are now travelling through wormholes to shorten our intergalactic travels. You’re asking why didn’t they come earlier for me? It’s because they have to disguise themselves as passing comets. In order to come to Earth safely, they have to come at the time where both the Earth and the comet are at their perihelia, which will allow them to travel to Earth at a shorter distance. Though there are risks of the comets disintegrating if they get too close to the Sun, my species are capable of hopping on another incoming comet to come to me. I finally got back to my home planet in a blink of an eye after travelling through the wormhole we found.”

He sighed, “But there is one problem, I’ve adapted to the environment on Earth, my time on Earth was about 14 times as long as the time I had spent on my home planet. Therefore, I grew very sick. I took quite a period of time to recover my health. I was given secret permission by our leader to use the wormhole myself. He understands how I miss Earth and because I am one of his favourite, he allows me to use it secretly. Therefore, without any prior knowledge of its usage, I kept on experimenting on how to use it. But it was very unstable; hence I will suddenly disappear – going back to my home planet after landing on Earth, like the few times I was seen by Song Yi, Lawyer Jang and Jae Kyung respectively. Now that I’ve experimented it for three years with countless trails and errors in between, I’ve mastered the way to use the wormhole. I managed to stay for a year and two months the last time I was here. When I got back, I finalized the configuration of the wormhole. I am now able to stay here without disappearing abruptly anymore. The wormhole is now at my command. I’ve configured  a special shortcut from my home planet to here, though there are countless wormholes out there, but mine is the best and most stable one of all” He said with a satisfying smile on his face, while Song Yi is leaning her head on his tough shoulder. Their hands are now intertwined, his thumb is caressing her smooth, silky hand lovingly.

Song Yi continued, “Though his configuration are finalized and fully operating, we cannot be 100% sure that he won’t get teleported away suddenly, so we promised to spend every moment we have wisely. And I have to say that I am thankful that he got sick back in his home planet, he is now aging at the same pace with me! I don’t have to worry about looking old next to him in the future anymore!”

Min Joon added, “I found out that as alien as I am to Earthlings, I am as human as they are. We are just homo sapiens with enhanced senses. Because I wasn’t back to my home planet, my body clock doesn’t move a single bit. I had it stopped before I came to Earth the first time because intergalactic travels without much gravity will cause severe skin aging. I had totally forgotten about it because I was desperately thinking on how to go back to my home planet for 400 years. Because I was severely sick back in my home planet, the doctor noticed that my organs’ age are different from my appearance, therefore he inquired me whether I got my body clock stopped before. That is when I finally remembered that everyone on the mission to Earth did. Luckily my leader didn’t start it after losing me on Earth, or else I would have died already. I am lucky that the leader made an effort to come to me after all these years.”

He added with a smirk, “You ask me why did I came to Earth in the first place? You know, I was among the top ranks on my planet despite my young age. We are sent to Earth secretly to gather more knowledge about the undiscovered universe.”

Now, he flashes back to his home planet. On his planet, there were no countries, well maybe they do, but it is just a single country that ruled the whole planet. Everyone on the planet that is named KMT 184.05 by Earthlings live as one. There were no families, spouses nor friends. Everyone is just a community without blood relation. They are all born in incubators and are then raised by the country, for the country. Everyone is very respectful of their leader who is very fair and powerful. Their species’ average lifespan is 150 years and their time is 4 times slower than on Earth. During the time he was absent, his planet continue their advancement for 101 years. Everyone was raised to thrive and be the best of their generations.

Do Min Joon, whose real name was revealed to be Polaristle Siriuselle, was one of the elites of his generation and specialized in astronomy and space travel. He was chosen along with other seniors of his profession on a mission to Earth. In his flashbacks, the chosen ones were brought to a tightly secured chamber, secured with high technology security system, away from the public as it seems to be located on top of a snow-covered mountain. With them were their country’s leader and top rank officers who were there to stop their body clocks from working when they are on an outer space mission. One’s body clock can only be configured with the fingerprints and DNA of the person himself. After stopping the body clocks, Min Joon and his mission-mates were teleported outside. The body clocks storage chamber then disappeared from their sights as their officers made it invisible to protect privacy and security of the storage chamber.

Back to the reality, Song Yi starts to get angry that Min Joon never tells her much about his home planet and his life there. Min Joon assures her that he will tell her slowly about his life there.

Min Joon narrates that his planet is actually named Andromedalle. Andromedalings are multilingual and most of their languages are similar to Earth languages, which he found out when he came here. He spent 28 Andromedalle years there and all his life were spent on mastering his chosen profession. He never got to socialise with others because all they have to do is to be useful to their beloved country. Before coming to Earth, he never gets to experience emotions at all because they were taught that emotions are obstacles in the way to success and emotions are not to be felt nor shown. Therefore, when he first came to Earth, he was curious about the life forms here. When he met Yi Hwa, he got caught up in a culture shock because the girl openly expressed her emotions to him like it was a normal thing, which it actually is a very normal thing on Earth. Though their time together was very short, Yi Hwa was the one who gave him the insight about Earth. He missed his spaceship to go back when he was saving Yi Hwa. He thought they would come back for him soon, but he was wrong. He knew that he, as the youngest, will be the first one to be sacrificed in case of an emergency and that their mission back home is more important than his life. While waiting for his spaceship to come, he accustomed to life on Earth. He explains that he don’t blame his mission-mates (who are now over 100 years old according to Andromedalle age) when they apologized to him for abandoning him on Earth to continue their mission during the time he was back on Andromedalle. He said that because of being abandoned on Earth, he found that his life on Earth is far more enriching and exciting than on Andromedalle. Because of being stranded on Earth, he gets to meet Song Yi, who became the love of his life. Though Yi Hwa was the first person who taught him how to love, Song Yi is his only love of his life. He admits that it is the inescapable fate that strings him to Song Yi after losing Yi Hwa briefly after he landed on Earth. Min Joon confirms that he truly fell for Song Yi’s charms, not because she looks like Yi Hwa. After he finds out that he fell in love with Song Yi, only that he knows that what he felt for Yi Hwa wasn’t love, it could be just a beautiful friendship as he had never experienced all of those beautiful emotions on his home planet. His grief when Yi Hwa died was just the same as the grief of losing a best friend. It is destiny that is playing when his lover looks exactly like his first friend, which motivates him to get closer to Song Yi in order to find out whether is she like Yi Hwa. He now believes that he is destined to be with Song Yi because only by looking alike as Yi Hwa, would he try to check out more about Song Yi. When he starts to love, he finally can differentiate between first friendship and true love.

Song Yi then blissfully said that they can finally kiss without thinking of the aftermath anymore. She added, “Nae Do Min Joon is an awesome kisser.”

Do Min Joon blushed and his face and ears went boiling red upon hearing her comment, but he affirmed that he indeed can kiss her without minding the side effects, because there is no more side effects on him after kissing.

“I found out that I am actually just allergic to foreign substances like saliva and body fluids. My species never got the need to exchange body fluids and thus all of them are allergic to foreign substances. That is why I showed allergic reaction when I kissed Song Yi. The more we kiss, the more my body is acceptant towards her saliva. I am no longer allergic to her.” *smirks*

Song Yi looks at Min Joon seductively and says, “So I guess we can now go beyond kissing? Am I right?”

Min Joon blushes and answers, “I guess so.” He tugs her closer to him with a shy smile.

Min Joon narrates that they are living a very happy life as their couple life is considered quite stable and everyone around them is living a happy life.

The camera pans to Yoon Jae who is still the hot item among girls in his varsity. He is currently pursuing the course of his dream, Astronomy at the famous Korean Harvard, Seoul National University. He is the top student in his course and is well-liked by his professors as his passion for astronomy is outstanding. He became a famous person because he spotted a new celestial body and submitted his findings to the international astronomical institute. He is now the ‘it’ man in his university.

Song Yi’s parents finally reconciled after being separated for so many years. They are more loving towards each other than they used to in the old days because they finally realized that family is the most important aspect of life.

Lawyer Jang is as happy as ever, because he longest friend is here to stay again. He is grateful that his lifesaver and best companion is back on Earth again. They still hang out together, playing chess sometimes. Lawyer Jang recently got a grandson and the whole family adores him very much. The little boy is a bundle of joy in his family!

Song Yi’s manager and stylist are now dating each other, after sticking with each other for so many years. Sometimes Song Yi had to interfere their lovey-dovey moments so that they don’t neglect their works. When Song Yi signed on to a new agency, she made special arrangements so that Yoon Beom and Minah who wants to continue to work with her can continue to be her manager and stylist. Yoon Beom and Minah frequently found themselves in sweet bickers that annoy the heck out of Song Yi.

Sae Mi, whose talents as an actress is finally appreciated by the citizens, is rising on fame. She is no more the best friend of top star, but rather, the shining star in the industry. After moving on from Hwi Kyung, she no longer hates Song Yi and is her friend once again. There is currently a male star that is rigorously pursuing her love.

On the other hand, Hwi Kyung is now the new CEO of S&C group. Though he is younger and less experienced, his father willingly spent more time grooming him as the heir of his business conglomerate. Hwi Kyung is now a smart and savvy businessman. He manages his business well and the stock price of S&C group increases under his leadership. When the news of Jae Kyung’s crimes was exposed, the company suffered severe damages. As Chairman Lee did not side his son but stand in the side of justice, public image of S&C did not suffer that much. With the combination of the golden experience of Chairman Lee and modern thinking of Hwi Kyung, they managed to restore their company’s pride and dignity. S&C is not only the leader in their country, but managed to outreach to the horizonless international market. He still takes care of Song Yi like a best friend should.

Well, Bok Ja is still Bok Ja. She is still finding her destiny. Even though she is uber clingy with Yoon Jae, she knows deep down that there are impossible because she wants her man to be older than her. Nowadays, Bok Ja, Song Yi, Sae Mi and Hwi Kyung regularly hang out together. After Sae Mi and Song Yi tell Hwi Kyung stories from their junior high school days, he finally remembers Bok Ja. It’s weird but Hwi Kyung as the only male, does not find it weird to be hanging out with them, as they are his precious friends.

Prosecutor Yoo and Detective Park are still working together, but they are now Senior Prosecutor and Senior Detective respectively. They are not only best buddies on the move, their bromance is also brewing!

The camera now pans to Min Joon and Song Yi, sitting side by side on the beach of Jangsado. They are happily talking and stargazing, oblivious to their surroundings. And their narration can now be heard as they said, “We promise to not only dream of happy dreams, but to live a happy life with our loved ones. You know you’re in love when you can’t fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams. And now, our life is much more happier and blissful than our dreams. We will show you a better life of ours.”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------- end of season 2 prologue --------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

**My first ever fanfic! Please leave comments and suggestions to make this story better! Thank you! xoxo**

*PS. Is there any more loose ends untied? Please do tell me if you feel that there are still unsatisfying parts!