The Confession

The Confession

It’s just another day at school. She walked into class, once she sat down, she turned her head to look for that one seat. The person she was looking for was just a row in front and two seats across. There he is, chatting away with his friends. She sighed, “I don’t have a chance anyway,” she thought. She’s a junior; he’s a senior and he has no idea she exists. The class she has with him is math; any students could take the class if they passed the previous class. Taeyeon knew nothing about him, but for some reason, something attracts her to him. “It’s those round puppy eyes he has,” she thought as she took another glance at him. She only knew of him because of her sophomore year, the two also had choir together.

Taeyeon wants romance, she watches dramas and reads romance novels. She wants the happily after. “What do I know about romance, high school romance never work out. I’m too young for this,” she thought every once in a while. High school classes tends to have students who only knows their friends and probably never paid attention to the students on the other side of the room so not everyone knew each other and names. The bell rang, it is time for class to start. She turned to her friend sitting behind her. “Did you do the homework last night?” she asked.

“No, got too lazy,” her friend she met just last year, Kim Yubin.

“Aigoo, you need to start doing it. Here,” Taeyeon handed Yubin her homework assignment.

Throughout class, her eyes would somehow land back to the guy not too far away from her, Park Jungsoo.

She reminisced a flashback, the first day of school. Luckily, Yubin and Taeyeon has the same math class, and when they got to class, they settled down. Taeyeon scanned the room to see if she knew anyone. Suddenly, her eyes landed on him. “You’re over it, Kim Taeyeon.” Last year, she remembered telling her friends that she had a crush on a junior but never told them who. As her sophomore year went by, she realized it was just a small crush and got over it. But she never told her friends who he was. Just a few months later, junior year came and there she is in math on her first day of school. Realizing that they have the same class together.

“Hey Taeyeon,” Yubin called her from behind.

“Yeah?” snapping out of daze and turned around.

“Here ya go. Thanks!” Yubin returned her homework.

Math class ended and Taeyeon left, “Bye! Have fun in your next class,” Taeyeon waved Yubin good bye. “Bye!” She settled down to her seat, in her next class and zoned out again.

Taeyeon got over her small crush on Jungsu. She did, until she had lunch with her best friends just a few days ago. Most of the time, she and her friends would claim a small table just for them, but that day, they went to lunch a bit late. So they took a bigger table, but just saved one side of it and left to get lunch. When they came came and barely sat down, a few boys sat down on the other side that was empty. Taeyeon recognized them, Jungsu’s friends. She also had choir with them, but they didn’t know her existence too. It was awkward, but luckily, one of her best friends, Kim Hyoyeon knew one of the boys, Lee Hyukjae. Not too long after, more of the boys joined and some were even standing, making it even more awkward. As Hyoyeon and Hyukjae bicker, Taeyeon realized he was sitting across from her. They probably never even knew she had choir with them. Taeyeon and Jungsu made eye contact for a second, but she got nervous and looked away. The boys were laughing. Taeyeon was so awkward eating in front of the people she do not talk to, she packed her lunch away. “If you don’t want it, I’ll happily eat it for you,” the guy sitting beside Jungsu said. “Shindong,” she thought. Taeyeon was about to hand it to her when Hyukjae put his hand blocking Taeyeon. “Don’t do it. You do not want to feed this monster,” Hyukjae joked. “Don’t hand it over!” another guy said. “Yesung,” her mind reminded her. “Oh be quiet small hands. I’m a big man, I need to eat. Please hand it over!” Shindong begged. “Hey, that’s not nice! You know we love you, Yesung. He doesn’t mean it,” Hyukjae hugged him on the side.

Taeyeon felt bad for him, “You want it right?”

“Yes, I do.”

“Apologize to your friend.” Even though Taeyeon knew each of the guy’s names, she chose to pretend to not know who they were. Silence filled the table.

“What?” Shindong blinked his eyes.

“Apologize to your friend. Even though he has small hands, it is not nice to say that,” Taeyeon said and she dared to look at Jungsu. He was staring at her in amuse. Not to mention that he was smiling, “Ugh, those big brown eyes,” she thought. Taeyeon quickly looked back to Shindong.

“Alright. I’m sorry, Yesung. You know I didn’t mean it. You know how I feel about food right?” Shindong got up and bearhugged Yesung. Taeyeon handed him her lunch. “Don’t be rude for your friends, bro.”

“Don’t worry about it, we joke a lot.” Seconds later, the boys were laughing and talking. “You done? This is so awkward,” Taeyeon whispered to Hyoyeon and Sunny. “Yeah, just let me finish drinking my milk,” Sunny said. When they were done, Hyoyeon said goodbye to Hyukjae and they left. It was that moment when she realized she got back into crushing on Jungsu again.

~Few months later~

Jungsu would be on her mind when she’s alone or in math class. She never told her friends about her crush on Jungsu. She kept it to herself. One day, she was at home doing homeworking and Jungsu popped in her mind. “You know what? There’s only a month left of school. He’s going to graduate and go to college and never come back. I should just confess to him… I should write a letter and give it to someone to give to him,” Taeyeon thought. She took out a sheet of paper and began writing.

~Few days later~

“Ms. Han?” Taeyeon went up to the teacher when class ended. She was not close to the teacher at all, but she knew Ms. Han has Jungsu again in another class throughout the day.

“Yes, Taeyeon?” Ms. Han smiled at her. “What is it?”

“Can you do me a huge favor?” Taeyeon whispered.

“Of course, sweetie.”

“Can you uhm, pass this letter to Park Jungsu? I know you have him later in a class since you two talk about it during math,” Taeyeon handed Ms. Han the letter.

“Oh, why don’t you give it to yourself?” she asked.

“It’s just a tad bit complicated. Please? Don’t tell him who gave it to you! Pretend as if this moment never happened,” Taeyeon looked at the letter.

“Alright then. Your secret is safe with me even though I have no idea what is going on. But remember, You can come to me if you want to talk about,” Ms. Han put the letter in her drawer.

“I really appreciate it, Ms. Han. I have to get to the next class now. Bye,” Taeyeon quickly left the classroom.

“Jungsu, can you stay after class later?” Ms. Han said to Jungsu when he was talking to her about something.

“Uh yeah, sure,” Jungsu went back to his seat.

When class ended, Jungsu went to Ms. Han. “You wanted to stay after class?”

“Yes. Some student told me to pass this letter to you. I have no idea what it is, but I think you should read it when you get home,” Ms. Han gave him the letter.

“Oh, that’s weird. Thanks, Ms. Han. I’ll go to lunch now,” Jungsu left the class.

“What held you back?” Kyuhyun asked when Jungsu reached the table.

“Nothing, just had to talk to Ms. Han.”

 

When Jungsu got home, he did his own thing. It was until he was about to go to sleep he remembered the letter. He went to this backpack to retrieve the letter.

Dear Jungsu,

    You’ll probably never find out who I am. This is not some prank though, so you need to continue reading! I just wanted to say that even though you never knew about my existence, I just want to tell you that… I think I like you. I know it’s weird that you have know idea who I am. It’s even more weird since I know nothing about you and yet I am attracted to you. I just wanted to write this confession because you will be graduating soon so you won’t be back anytime soon and I wanted to let this out so I can probably move on to someone who knows about my existence, ha. Anyways, I hope you have a great life and successful future.

Sincerely,

Your Secret Admirer

P.S if you are curious about who sent this to you, don’t bother. No one knows who I am.

 

“Well, this is weird,” Jungsu analyzed the letter. “Should I care? She has pretty handwriting,” Jungsu grabbed his phone and texted one of his good friend, Heechul.

 

Yo man.

Sup?

I got a secret admirer. She gave it to Ms. Han to give it to me.

Woop woop. You got game brah.

The thing is, should I be curious about who the girl is or…

Well, do you want to know?

I don’t know actually. I am quite surprised that someone is crushing on me.

If I were you, I would go for it. Find Cinderella.

I have no idea who the girl is. She says that I don’t know her and she doesn’t know a single thing about me.

What happens if she’s a keeper?

I don’t know. I’ll try to pressure Ms. Han to tell me who it is.

Alright man. Good luck. Just tell us and we will raid the school to find out who this person is if we have to. I’ma go sleep now. Nights.

Nights.

 

~Next Day~

When Taeyeon sat down, she made eye contact with Ms. Han, she nodded. Taeyeon mouthed a small thanks to her. She did her usual note taking and made glances at Jungsu’s side profile.

“Hopefully, he’ll never find out about me.”

When class ended, everyone left the class but Jungsu stayed behind. Ms. Han, knowing what Jungsu wants, “I promised I would not give her identity away,” Ms. Han leaned against her chair.

“Not even for me?” Jungsu gave a smile.

“Especially not you. Just go to class, Jungsu. I would not betray her like that.”

“Fine. But I will get it out of you, Ms. Han!” Jungsu left.

 

For the next few days, Jungsu had been pestering Ms. Han about it, but she never told him.

“Come on, Ms. Han. What happens if she’s the girl I want to take to prom?” Jungsu asked during lunch.

“From what I observed, it seems to be that you two don’t know each other. So I have nothing to worry about,” she smiled.

“You could ruin my future happiness and possibly hers.”

“Aigoo, you two are high school students. Most of the time, you’ll find ‘the one’ in college or during work. You’ll have to be lucky to find his/her during high school.”

“What happens if she is THE ONE and you did not tell me and I moved on and she moved on and we didn’t marry the one…”

“Stop overreacting, Jungsu. Go to lunch.”

“Ms. Han, prom is like two weeks away and I have no idea who I want to ask yet. I plan to ask her IF you did tell me, but since you’re not… nevermind,” Jungsu picked up his backpack and was about to open the door.

“Find. I will tell you. Whatever happens next, I do not want to know about. Her name is… Kim Taeyeon.”

“Kim Taeyeon?” he stood there and tried to register who she was. “The girl who sits in the back in math?”

“Wow, see? You two clearly do not know each other. Well, whatever happens is up to you, Jungsu.”

“Thanks, Ms. Han. Don’t tell her I know about this!” He smiled when he left the room, "It's the same girl that talked to Shindong about being rude."

 

For the next two weeks, Jungsu has been secretly observing Taeyeon. There will be times when she catches him staring at her in math, during lunch, or when they walk to their next class, but she just looks away and thought of it as happening to look at the same direction.

“What are you looking at?” Hyukjae asked.

“Hmm? Oh, nothing,” he continued eating her lunch. “She’s cute. Her smile is simply wonderful. Her eyes are sparkly,” he took note.

“Did you find Cinderella?” Heechul sat down next to Jungsu.

“Cinderella? What do you mean?” the boys asked them.

“Keep it down, but this guy told me he has a secret admirer. So did you find out who she was?”

“I did, actually.”

“Really? Who is it?” All his friends were curious.

“Kim Taeyeon.”

“Kim Taeyeon?” Heechul gasped. “Dude, I know her! Guys, we even had choir together with her!”

“We did? I never noticed,” the boys said.

“Wow, I cannot believe she has a thing for you, man.”

“How is she like? When you are her friend?” Jungsu asked.

“Well, we do not exactly talk to each other. But she’s quite bubbly and nice. I think she’s worth it.”

“That sets it, I’m going to ask her to prom.”

“You serious? You like, know nothing about her,” Hyukjae said.

“She knows nothing about me but she likes me. I observed her for the past two weeks. She seems cool. I’m going to ask her to prom,” Jungsu said as he stared at her.

“Dude, it’s Wednesday. Prom is Saturday. When are you going to ask her?” Heechul reminded.

“Right after school. Do you know when is her last class?”

“I don’t know actually, but I know that Yoona knows her. I see her after lunch. I’ll ask her and text you,” Heechul answered.

“Thanks.”

 

In the middle of class, his phone vibrated. It was a text from Heechul.

She has drama class right now. Pretty sure you know where that is. Good luck. She’s nice. Don’t hurt her.

 

When class ended, he rushed to the auditorium to find her. There she is, walking out with her friends and laughing. “Hey Taeyeon,” he hollered her name. She turned around and froze. “You girls go first.”

The two walked to a bench on campus. “Dang it, I can’t believe Ms. Han told him,” she thought. “Considering how you are looking for me right now, I assume you know that I gave you the letter?” She wanted to be tough in front of him. She is going to be rejected, she thought. “Smart. One question,” he looked at her.

“What is it? My dad’s waiting for me,” she looked at her phone for the time,

“Go to the prom with me.”

“What?”

“I have no date.”

“And?”

“And I happened to have someone crushing on me, so I plan to take her.”

“We know nothing about each other. How will I know that I wouldn’t be kidnapped,” her face was emotionless. She didn’t want to show her expressions.

“Ha ha, very funny. Come to the prom with me. I’ll be waiting. Oh, can I use your phone really quick? My phone died,” he put his hand in front of her. Taeyeon handed to him. He dialled his own phone number and his phone rang.

“Great, now I have your phone number. See you, tomorrow,” he smiled and left. Leaving her dumbfounded. Her heart was beating. She was blushing so hard. “He’s probably joking with me.”

 

~Thursday~

“Hi, Taeyeon,” Jungsu gave her a rose and went to sit down.

She was happily dancing on the inside and tried hard to keep a stern expression. Her heart was pounding.

Everytime Jungsu caught her walking to class, he would hand her another rose. Before lunch, she received about 4 roses. Obviously, she knew she was going to get another rose from him since they eat in the same cafeteria.

“Why do you have so many roses?” Hyoyeon asked.

“Some guy gave them to me.”

“I am not some guy, and here,” he put another rose on the table, he leaned into her ear. “I am the guy you have a crush on. Go to the prom with me,” he stood up and waited for her answered. She said nothing.

“Fine, just wait til tomorrow. You’re going to say yes for sure. You know you want to,” he winked and left to his friends.

“I am confused,” Sunny said.

“Okay, I know I haven’t said this but since you guys are confused. I’ll tell you. I like him. I wrote him a letter thinking I could get away with it, but he found out and he is now asking me to prom. Which I think is a prank. That’s it.”

“Aww! That’s so adorable!” Sunny clapped.

“Taeyeon, knowing you. You are probably sliding down on a rainbow. Just say yes already!” Hyoyoen said.

“What happens if it’s a joke?”

“What happens if it’s not?”

 

~Friday~

Same thing happened. She received 4 roses and is now expecting the 5th as she ate lunch. She saw Jungsu walking towards her. *ba-dum ba-dum* She saw Heechul and Kyuhyun put a chair not too far away from her table and they boys handed her a bullhorn.

“Excuse me! Is this thing working? Ah yes it is. Ahem! Ladies and gentlemen, I would like to make an announcement,” Jungsu grabbing the attention of the cafeteria and students slowly gathered together.

“You! Kim Taeyeon! Come here. Walk 3 steps and stop,” Jungsu pointed to her. Taeyeon did as she was told.

“Pay attention!” Jungsu snapped his fingers. The boys pulled out a long banner that said, “Kim Taeyeon, prom with me?” and Jungsu walked to her with a bouquet of flowers. “So?”

Taeyeon was nervous. She was happy. She didn’t think she had a chance with him. He whispered in her ear, “I understand that we know nothing about each other, but I find you quite intriguing. I may possibly be falling you too. So what the heck, prom with me?”

“JUST SAY YES ALREADY!” Hyoyeon shouted from behind.

Taeyeon smiled, “Yes, I would love to go to prom with you.” The two hugged. Taeyeon couldn’t believe it. The moment she hoped for came true. The crowd clapped and cheered for the two.

“Sparks will fly between you two,” Ms. Han told the two.

 

- - - - -

Hello readers! Did you enjoy the one shot? (:

I dont know if it is too confusing or not.

If is, tell me and i will happily explain it to you! ^_^

Comments are welcomed!

Have a great night/day!

THANKS FOR READING!