Chapter 23

My Immortal

 

Upon entering the gym, her eyes naturally scanned the area for him. He was aggressively playing with another guy, twisting and turning, sliding and gliding, making his way towards the basket. Amber watched with bright eyes and a big smile, completely absorbed in his movements. Swish. The ball went in and Amber found herself jumping up and down cheering for the boy, catching the two's attention. Minho was surprised by her presense but liked it nonetheless. He shot Amber a wide smile. 
 
Bidding his team captain farewell, the other player headed towards the shower, leaving the two lovebirds alone. Amber approached the sweaty boy and gave him a peck on the cheek before asking, "How was practice?"
 
"Good," he said, dropping the ball that was in his hand and pulling her closer to him. "How was your trip? I'm sorry I couldn't make it." 
 
"Don't be. It's not a big deal," Amber grinned before turning away and bending down to pick up the basketball. "One of my friends accompanied me." 
 
Minho knitted his brow together as his eyes trailed after the girl. "Do I know them?" 
 
"I'm not positive. They're in my class."
 
"Oh, that reminds me. That L kid-"
 
Amber's ears perked up and she froze in place. How did he know? Although she found herself completely intrigued by the mention of Myungsoo, she hid her this interest by staying in her position with her back turned to him and nonchalantly asked, "What about him?" 
 
"Is there something going on between you guys?" he inquired, tilting his head to the side, curiously waiting for her response. 
 
Amber nervously laughed before turning around to face him, "No! Why would you think that?" 
 
"It's nothing really. I just see the way he looks at you." 
 
"Awww. Is someone jealous?" Amber teased, sticking her tongue out at him. She dribbled the ball a couple times before tossing it back and forth in her hand. "How about this? If you can keep me from making a basket, I'll treat you to something special. If I score, you have to treat me. Deal?"
 
She tossed the ball to him and he chuckled, "Deal."
 
He tossed the ball back to the girl and she immediately got into game mode. She dribbled it several time before shifting to the left. He blocked her. She then moved to her right. He blocked her. She paused for a moment to come up with a way to get pass him. Although she didn't play on any teams, she was pretty good at basketball. She smirked before throwing it over his head and gliding pass the boy to catch it on the other side. He didn't let her get far; he grabbed her by the waist and twirled her around. She tried to twist her way out of his hold but he started tickling her, causing her to burst into laughter. After a few more minutes of squirming and laughing, the ball finally slipped from her grips. 
 
"You're cheating!" she exclaimed before stumbling over her own feet, falling, and pulling him down with her. 
 
He was on top of the girl, a few inches from her face. Their breaths were heavy and he could feel her chest rising against his. She was still smiling and he was too. "All is fair in love and war, princess." 
 
She smirked, "Is that so?" 
 
"Yup. So, I think I'll be claiming my prize now," he grinned before pressing his lips hard against hers. 
 
The two became immersed in a passionate kiss, tongues twirling, taste swirling together in one breath. Her fingers ran through his hair like they always did when they had these heated makeout sessions. He trailed his kisses to the nape of her neck, causing her to giggle from the sensation. It didn't take long for them to become rougher, sending a surge of feelings through her. While in a slight haze, a light moan slipped from her lips, causing the boy to smile in triumph. Minho took this as a sign to continue. He decided to slip his hands under her shirt. It startled the girl and she gasped in surprise.
 
The second she felt his fingers brush against her stomach, she quickly stopped him, "What are you doing?"
 
He chuckled, never ceasing from his affectionate nibbling and , "What's it look like I'm doing?"
 
"I told you before that I wasn't ready," Amber panted, finding it hard to collect her thoughts with his persistence. 
 
"That was before. This is now. How long are you planning to hold out? You can't tell me you're not enjoying this," he coaxed as his hands made their way to her chest and began fondlind her , smiling as his lips ghosted across her skin towards her ear. 
 
Amber wasn't comfortable with the situation, leaving her feeling rather upset with her boyfriend. She knew she wasn't ready yet and his response did not amuse her. The girl quickly snapped to her senses. Pushing him away, she pulled herself out from underneath him and began storming towards the door, "Well, I'm still not ready so I'll hold out for as long as I want, nor is this the time or place to be doing such things. God! I can't believe you'd even try. And here out of all places!" 
 
"Okay, okay. I'm sorry. I respect your wishes," Minho chased after her and reassured the girl, her arm to reaffirm his statement. "Babe, I said I'm sorry. Please, forgive me?"
 
She stared at the ground, furious that he would pressure her like that. He lifted her chin so that she would look him in the eyes. "I'm seriously sorry. You have to believe me. Come on. Will you please forgive me. Pretty please?"
 
He looked at her sincerely and after a moment she heaved a sigh and nodded. He pulled her into a tight embrace. Little did they know, someone had witnessed the entire scene. 
 
TO BE CONTINUED