Chapter 22

My Immortal

 

Amber's eyes widened while her jaw dropped. She couldn't believe that he had just asked that. Were such words really uttered? She was speechless. Her mind honestly could not form any words, let alone phrases. 
 
"And remember, you have to be honest," the boy said with a wide grin. It wasn't like he didn't know the answer. It was obvious. He just thought that since she had brought up girlfriends, it'd only be fair to ask this. But most of all, he enjoyed teasing her. 
 
"I know," Amber groaned while glaring at the boy. He wore a smug expression, taunting her with his eyes. She didn't know why she suddenly felt embarrassed, still trying to figure out how she wanted to answer his question. After another moment she puffed out a discontented breath, "Honestly, I'm not going to justify your question with an answer!" 
 
Of course she didn't answer, but that didn't really bother him since he hadn't expected her to. This was just an amusing game to him. He decided to egg her on further. "Aww, you're still an innocent little girl, aren't you. Are you saving yourself for someone special?"
 
Amber's face grew even warmer as her cheeks became beet red, making her more annoyed of the boy. Especially the smirk, she wanted to slap it right off of his face. She scrunched her face together and crossed her arms, "So what, if I am?!"
 
Leaning forward, he whispered, "I'm pretty special you know, being immortal and all. Would you like me to deflower you?"
 
Just as he sat back in his seat, he gave her a quick wink. Amber's face flushed an even brighter shade of red, if that was even possible. "Oh my god! I'm not some tramp you can pick up from the bar!"
 
"Hey now! My girls are classy," he stated a matter of factly.
 
Amber rolled her eyes and replied in a prim and proper tone, "Oh, yes! Such classy girls from classy bars. How could I make such a horrible generalization?"
 
Myungsoo chuckled, "Honestly you should be thanking those tramps."
 
"And why is that?" she asked with a cocked brow.
 
"If it wasn't for them, I wouldn't have the energy to control myself and I'm sure you know what would happen if I couldn't control myself." 
 
Amber scoffed, "Am I supposed to find that comforting?"
 
There it was, that crooked smile, his constant silent taunts. His chuckling just agitated her even more. "Why yes, yes you are." 
 
He was pushing her buttons and she found it more and more difficult to maintain her composure. Who was she kidding, this was a battle she wasn't going to win. She picked up her travel pillow and chunked it at the boy. "Shut up, Kim Myungsoo! You're such a man !"
 
Myungsoo caught the pillow and watched the girl lie down in her seat with her back to him. He couldn't help but smile in amusement. He had crossed the line a bit but he knew that she would put it behind her and the two would be back to normal in no time. He decided it was best to remain silent and allow her to calm down. Sitting back and relaxing, he took in the passing scenery. Myungsoo couldn't have been more grateful for this experience that Amber had shared with him. Glancing back over at the girl, the corner of his lips pulled into another smile.
 
-
 
Myungsoo rested his head on his right arm as he stared off into space. Although he was physically at school, his mind was always elsewhere. He couldn't stop thinking about her. Ever since she's entered his life, he can't help but feel this new profound sense of joy in each day. Being able to see her smile and do the things she does, no matter how insignificant the task maybe, was calming to him. How could someone have such a beautiful soul? Oh, how he longed to be with her, to have her for himself. But he knew that would never happen. He heaved a sigh.
 
"Myungsoo," Krystal called out as she seated herself in front of him, pulling him out of his daze. 
 
"What do you want now?" he groaned as he sat up and leaned back in his seat.
 
"Why are you being such a jerk? Why won't you go out on just one date with me?" Krystal pouted. 
 
Myungsoo rolled his eyes in annoyance, "Why won't you give up already?!"
 
Krystal frowned before taking a deep breath. She then leaned forward on his desk and looked at him seductively before whispering, "So, I heard you have some needs that need to be met."
 
"Just stop before you embarass yourself any further. I don't hook up with girls from my school. Got it?"
 
"You'll be mine soon enough," Krystal whispered under her breath before storming out of the room, furious from yet another rejection. 
 
TO BE CONTINUED