Piano Melody

Piano Melody

 

Narrator's pov:

 

The wind made an howling sound and Myungsoo lifted his head up, like he was watching the night's sky. His lips were pursed together and a frown was visible on his face. 

He didn't like it. The wind was too strong. The constant whistling of the sound made him a bit annoyed as he couldn't hear what was happening around him that well anymore.

Once the wind stopped for a moment, Myungsoo smiled, hearing everything perfectly, just the way he liked it.

Once again his body started to move. People who knew his situation would think he has a hard time, a very hard time. But the truth is, he got used to it and that hard time was now only some habit.

Myungsoo was born blind. His parents were devasted when they found out. Not because he couldn't see and that it was a msitake as a child, but because they felt guilty their son couldn't see how the world is. How pretty it could be.

His childhood was hard. He would often cry because other kids would bully him for not able to see. He would be sad because he couldn't share the same happiness of seeing something with others because he couldnt' see at all.

But slowly he started to get used to how he was born. He started to accept how he truly was and since then it only became better and better. He learned how to sharpen his other senses. People may say he's blind. But he could beat others with the four other senses, he wasn't lacking at all.

 

"Myungsoo."

The said guy turned his head to the left, following the direction from where the sound came from. He didn't speak, he just waited patiently for the other to talk again.

"I made some tea. Earl Grey." he said with a soft voice, soft, but loud enough for Myungsoo to hear it clearly.

Myungsoo smiled as he nodded his head. He knew already. His friend didn't had to say it as he already smelled that aroma of the fresh brewed tea. It had a bit of a bitter scent hinted with sweetness. He could almost taste the tea already even though he only smelled it with his nose.

"Sungyeol, I was taking a walk today." Myungsoo started. His friend Sungyeol looked at his blind friend and nodded while humming, waiting to hear more. "And I heard someone playing the piano again."

Sungyeol smiled and a soft chuckle escaped his lips. The piano. Myungsoo's friend knew how much he loved that specific instrument. The melody, the notes that would come out of it, he loved it.

"It was kiss the rain by Yiruma." Myungsoo added and he smiled faintly, his hands taking the cup with no problem. It would have been different if it was water, but since the tea was still hot and the air around it was warm, he felt how much he needed to reach to get that cup without making anything broken.

Slowly, he sipped it and his smile only grew brighter. It was his favorite tea. And having that amazing tasting tea inside of his mouth, on his sensitive taste buds, he couldn't be sad, even if he wanted to.

"Where did you hear it?" Sungyeol asked, giving Myungsoo a plate with some cake on it, chocolate marmble.

"It was near the bakery we would always pass when walking to the hospital. A few meters away."

"Ah, then it must have been the daughter of the fruit shop lady who played it. She's now taking lessons from some private teacher." Sungyeol recalled.

"She's lucky." Myungsoo smiled and turned his head to Sungyeol. "I'm thinking to...take piano lessons."

Sungyeol widened his eyes and looked at his best friend with an almost confused expression. He didn't get it. Why so suddenly?

"Even if I can't see you, stop looking so confused at me." Myungsoo chuckled, making Sungyeol knit his eyebrows together and gather his cool again.

"Why so suddenly?"

"It's not suddenly... I've thought it for a long time. I've always wanted to play it but never dared to, afraid that I wouldn't be able to play like other people can... But I think I have enough courage now to do it."

Sungyeol patted Myungsoo's shoulder, making the blind one curl up his lips into a small and soft smile.

"Did you tell your parents already?"

Myungsoo's smile wavered before it disappeared completely. "No... Not yet. Mom will worry a lot...I'll tell them eventually."

Sungeol hummed while shrugging his shoulders and poured some more tea in the now empty tea cup. 

 

---

 

Big eyes looked around, searching for the right door and as they found it, lips curled up, showing a small dimple. The door opened and long legs walked inside, the entire class going silent as she entered the big room.

"This is the room where teacher Kang is, am I right?" she asked.

A male student, mouth slightly open, nodded his head in a dazed state, dazed because she was beautiful. Long wavy hair, big eyes, a pretty smile, long slim legs, the perfect figure, she was perfect in the male student's eyes.

"Good. I'll introduce myself already. My name is Kwon Hana. I'll be the teacher assistent in this class. Let's get along." she said, but she already noticed those lustful eyes to her. She cleared her voice loudly, making the guys look away before glancing at her again.

Hana didn't like it, but there was nothing to do about it. She was born like this and she would accept however she was, with her pros and cons.

As teacher Kang arrived in the room, everyone went silent, but the stars and gazes Hana got, never stopped. 

It was a knock on the door that made everyone put their attention on the person walking inside instead of Hana who was helping teacher Kang.

Girls started to whisper to each other as the person walked inside nervously, his eyes fixed in front of him, never looking right and never looking left.

"I-I'm sorry.." he stammered before clearing his voice. "I had to ask help to know where the classroom was..."

Hana frowned and looked at the good looking guy with a confused expression. Her eyes moved up to meet with the secretary of the music school.

"He's a student of this class. He can't see, he's blind, so take care of him with extra care."

Teacher Kang nodded with a smile while the secretary walked away, leaving the blind guy alone with all the students looking at him.

"What's your name?" teacher Kang asked and every student looked at the late comer.

"Myungsoo... Kim Myungsoo."

"Well Kim Myungsoo, my assistent will help you, right Hana?" teacher Kang said, giving his assistent a look before she nodded her head.

Hana walked to Myungsoo who looked a bit down. He didn't need to see to know that everyone had their eyes fixed on him. He could feel it and somehow he wished he could have pulled Sungyeol with him to this.

"I'm Kwon Hana." the assistent introduced herself and Myungsoo smiled, bowing his head politely.

He was surprised by her voice.

Smooth and very feminine compared to his mother who had a more lower voice. He almsot thought she was singing, a beautiful voice.

Class conitnued and Myungsoo did his best to hear what the teacher was telling before they could learn to play the piano.

 

"I just talked with teacher Kang and he said it was maybe a better idea for me to give you private lessons. Like that you can play on your own pace." Hana said and Myungsoo could feel she was smiling, it gave him shivers, good ones.

He nodded his head and hummed sofly before Hana suddenly grabbed his hands and laid them on the keys of the piano.

Myungsoo felt that soft hand on his, warm and smooth and it was only the cold of the piano keys on his fingers that made him smile brightly.

"You're touching the piano now. Your thumb is on the do." Hana explained and Myungsoo pressed down, a low note ringing through his ears clearly.

"Your index finger is on the re."

Myungsoo pressed down again and like this he learned which notes are which ones and he did his best to memorize how a note sounds like. 

When Hana searched for an easy song, Myungsoo took this chance to play all notes on the piano, one by one, hearing the diffrence of how they sounded.

"Let's try this one." Hana said and Myungsoo straightened his back a bit before putting all concentration on hearing what the teacher assistent was saying.

"Fa sol sol, do re re..." Hana read the notes as clear as she could and Myungsoo pressed down the keys of those notes.

His lips curled up as the piano made a beautiful sound by such a simple combination of music notes.

The whole two hours, did they practice the music notes as Hana thought it was the best for him to hear the notes as much as possible. 

"Thank you, Hana-shi."

"Just Hana will do, I don't think we're that many years apart." she chuckled, moving her hair back behind her shoulders and a wave of her shampoo went into Myungsoo's nostrils. A fruity scent of peaches and honey.

It smelled nice and it made Myungsoo think of summer, which wasn't far away anymore.

"I'll see you tomorrow." Myungsoo bowed his head and searched for his stick, grabbed it and listened to his surroundings before walking out of the room, out of the building and up in the loud streets.

Hana was a nice person, was what he thought. A very nice person and he liked listening to her calm voice. He felt eyes looking at him again though. 

It's something he got used to it, but having people look at you all the time doesn't make you that comfortable either.

Yet with hana, it was like she treated him like everyone else, okay maybe not completely the same as other people. She did things more careful around him and Myungsoo noticed this, but she didn't do everything herself and actually gave Myungsoo the freedom to experiment with the piano and he liked that.

 

---

 

Myungsoo yawned as he felt the sunrays kissing his skin, making them warm. He scratched his head a bit, going through his hair before he yawned once again and stood up, going to the bathroom in his room.

Like every normal person, he just grabbed his toothbrush, some toothpaste and started to brush his teeth. He was still sleepy so his hand moved lazily before a knock was heard on the door.

"Myungsoo. There's vegetable soup on the table for you and a cup of rice." Myungsoo heard her mom's voice say and he nodded his head befoere humming throathly, still not completely awake.

His mom's chuckle made Myungsoo smile and she took the comb before Myungsoo felt the comb going through his hair.

"You've really grown." he heard his mom say and he just enjoyed the feeling of his hair getting combed by someone else.

"Tell me..." Myungsoo whispered and his mom didn't even need to ask what her son actually meant by those words. She knew that what he asked was to describe how he looks like. As always, ever since he was young, he asked his mom to describe how he looks like and then he would alway try to imagine it.

It wasn't easy, especially since he was born blind and never saw how things in this world looked like.

"You're taller than me." Myungsoo's mom started with a low and warm voice that made him all tingly. "You have black hair with a dark brown shine on it. You have a high nose and pink lips, not thick and not thin."

Myungsoo grinned as he heard this and showed his white teeth.

"You have white teeth..." his mom continued. "And a white skin. You have a little belly." she chuckled, which made Myungsoo blush but laugh too.

"And above all. You have the most beautiful eyes I have ever seen." she said and Myungsoo curled his lips up.

"Thank you, mom." he whispered as she moved the palm of her hand over his left cheek. It wasn't smooth, it was a bit wrinkly and a bit dry because his mom did a lot of housework.

"Always, my dear." she said and Myungsoo beamed as she hugged him.

He liked it. Whenever his mom or dad would hug him. Especially his mother. It felt warm and he liked to listen to the heartbeat against her chest. It always calmed himself down and he knew that he wasn't alone in this world.

 

They walked to the living room together and Myungsoo went to his usual seat, taking the spoon, feeling the cold metal against his warm skin of his hand. 

He moved his hands a bit to the front and felt two bowls, one warm and the other one less. The smell of the soup reached his nose and he smelled more powerful to get a better picture of it.

He loved the vegetable soup his mom makes for him everytime and he would recognize her soup out of millions.

Even the way how the rice was cooked, it depends on who cooks it and he knew very well when his dad cooked the rice or his mom.

He ate slowly, carefully and listened to his surroundings.

It had become a habit, a way of living his life, a way to keep on living and that habit had become something that belongs to him and is part of his whole.

Because he couldn't see, he made it all up with his other senses. And his favorite one is listening.

It was hard, it was difficult. But that was only in the beginning. Before he knew it, it had become something so normal and so incorporated in him that it had become a piece of a cake.

The sounds of birds chirping and singing reached his ears and the ristling sounds of the wind touching the grass.

The lips of Myungsoo curled up into a soft smile before he continued eating, listening to the music of nature.

 

---

 

"Good morning." Myungsoo greeted and bowed his head before standing straight again. He wrinkled his nose as the room was a bit stuffy and it smelled like old furnituresand also a bit like mold.

"Good morning." he heard Hana's voice before he felt the wind blowing in his face.

"I opened the window for you." she chuckled, making Myungsoo smile sheepishly and sit down at the chair in front of the piano.

"Thank you Hana."

"It's fine, so let's start today's lesson. We'll repeat what we did yesterday, getting you familiar with the different notes and then we'll see what we can do further." Hana said and Myungsoo almost fell in a daze by listening to her sweet voice.

Her voice was soft, yet strong. Myungsoo couldn't really pintpoint it, but he liked her voice and the way she talked.

"You have to become one with with the piano, feel it and be it." Hana said softly and Myungsoo nodded, his lips as he focused his fingers on the piano keys and breathed in and out in an almost medidating way.

"Can you find the do?" she asked and Myungsoo pressed a key, making him grin brightly.

He was right.

Hana blinked a few times before she looked astonished at the blind guy.

"T-thats the right note. You're better than I imagined." 

Myungsoo smiled and felt his cheeks warm up a bit as he heard her soft chuckle. It sounded beautiful, like a bird's song.

Time passed as the two were inside that old music room, Hana teaching Myungsoo how to play the piano and she was positively surprised by how fast and quick Myungsoo learned everything.

Maybe it was because he's blind, that's why he had to use his other senses instead of seeing this.

And she knew that if Myungsoo was given the time and practice, he would even be better than her and her teacher, he would be a genius in music.

 

"Eh?" Myungsoo asked, turning his head to where the sound came from after he heard the window close and the wind stop kissing his skin.

"Let's get  something to drink." Hana repeated her words with a chuckle as she went closer to Myungsoo who raised his eyebrows.

"Drink?" he muttered in question, scratching his thigh a bit.

Hana hummed softly and Myungsoo felt warm when Hana touched his arm slightly.

A soft smile broke out on Myungsoo's lips and he nodded his head lightly. "Sure, having something to drink wno't hurt."

Hana brightened as she was excited to bring her student to a special coffee shop. She found it when she was wandering around with no purpose, finding a small coffee shop that barely had any people in it, but was filled with different music instruments.

As a person who has a big love for music, it was a place that could calm her down and let every nasty thought that made her depressive disappear.

 

"Hi, Hana." the middle aged woman smiled. She was the boss of the coffee shop and she was already used to have Hana come over the floor multiple times a week.

Hana bowed her head slightly and gave the lady a bright smile.

"Hello. I brought a friend." she greeted and Myungsoo turned his head to Hana, who was on his right side when he heard this.

He liked it when Hana told the lady that she and him were friends. It had a nice sound to it and he definitely didn't dislike it.

"My name is Myungsoo." the young man smiled nervously and bowed his head to where he felt the presence of a person.

The lady noticed that Myungsoo didn't look at her directly and she didn't need to ask to discover that the young man was blind and couldn't see anything. Even though she found out, she never lost her friendly smile.

"Nice to meet you. I'm the boss of this shop. It's calm as always, you can do whatever you want." she smiled and gave Hana a small wink before she left again.

Myungsoo gasped silently as he felt that Hana grabbed his hand and lead him somewhere.

He never liked it though. Myungsoo disliked it whenever someone he didn't know well would take his hand and lead him somewhere because he never knew where he would be lead too.

Even though it was like that, Myungsoo felt warm when his hand folded neatly with Hana's. Slowly his lips turned into a small and shy smile.

It was weird to describe it. Myungsoo didn't know how to describe it but being it all tingly and warm.

"This is a special coffee shop." Hana started, making Myungsoo listen to her carefully as she lead the two somewhere he didn't know. "I found it a few years ago. It's filled with music instruments. You're going to like it."

Myungsoo brightened even more as he heard the excitement and happiness in her voice. He didn't need her to tell him personally to know that she had a big love for music.

Maybe this was also a reason for him to feel comfortable and calm with her. The love they share for music is beyond someone's imagination.

"Let's sit here." Hana said, almost a whisper, but for Myungsoo, it was loud enough.

His thoughts though were interrupted by the sound of a note. It wasn't a piano, that was for sure, but neverthless did Myungsoo smile even brighter.

"A guitar." he said and Hana looked at Myungsoo who was like a small child, walking inside a candie store. But unlike candy, that he couldn't hear, the music instrument made him feel nostalgic almost.

His dad used to play the guitar, but ever since he got into an accident and lost the ability to play because his fingers got permantly hurt, Myungsoo haven't heard someone strumming a note on a guitar near him.

It was because of his dad, that Myungsoo loved music since forever. And that love only grew bigger and bigger when he grew older and older.

Hana noticed a sad smile on Myungsoo's lips, but she didn't ask. She responded to that by playing more notes on the guitar, letting those notes slowly turn into a beautiful melody.

"It's beautiful." Myungsoo commented, letting those words roll over his lips. A soft chuckle rang through his ears and that only made him feel all tingly again.

Myungsoo already heard the footsteps, but he just waited and soon he was rewarded by that warm hand again as it took his hand and lead him somewhere again.

"Piano..."

Hana hummed softly as she helped Myungsoo lay his fingers on the white keys.

Myungsoo took a deep breath as he tried to calm down his fast beating heart and the slight tremble in his body. 

Pressing one, two, three keys, Myungsoo started playing on the piano, but he didn't even stop when Hana joined him by playing the guitar along, letting the two harmonize together and create something maybe normal for other people, but special for Hana and Myungsoo.

"T-thank you... for bringing me here. I like it." 

Hana chuckled again and she noticed the surprise in his eyes as she fixed his hair a bit for him.

"Did you know?" she started, only to wait for Myungsoo to hum in question and tilt his head a bit to the side. 

"You have beautiful eyes." 

He didn't know. Myungsoo had no idea what he was supposed to say to this or how to even react to it. Of course his mom always said that he had beautiful eyes whenever he asked her to describe how he looked like, but this was the first time another person told him this aside from his parents and best friend Sungyeol.

"I mean it. you may not see it for yourself, but trust me as I say you have the most beautiful eyes I have ever seen." Hana whispered softly and Myungsoo cracked a shy smile as his cheeks started to get hot.

There was a short silence before Myungsoo broke it.

"If you say I have pretty eyes, then may I also say something to you?"

Hana blinked a few times and hummed as she nodded her head, though Myungsoo couldn't see that.

"You have the most beautiful voice I have ever heard."

"Me?" Hana asked surprised.

Sure people did say she had the looks and was beyond beautiful. So beautiful that guys kept pestering her nonstop. She had a beautiful face and a body girls would get jealous of. But this was the first time a person told her she had a beautiful voice.

"You're jsut saying that." Hana said a bit nervously as she looked down.

"Maybe I am. But trust me." Myungsoo said, using her words. "You have the most beautiful voice I have ever heard in my life. Other people may not notice it, but I can. My hearing is way sharper than others and I can make the difference between a good or bad voice."

Hana blushed madly as she held her cheeks and told herself mentally to stop blushing and calm down.

"I bet you can sing beautifully too. Please... sing for me."

Hana was taken by surprise as her student asked her this. Sing? For Myungsoo?

"Please." Myungsoo smiled and Hana was already giving up because even though he may never know, that smile of his was breathtaking.

Hana would even lie if she would say that Myungsoo was just ordinary looking. Myungsoo was handsome. His beautiful brown eyes and his nose to his plump dark pink lips. 

She was sure that if he wasn't blind, girls would fall head over heels for him.

 

Hana took a deep breath as she pressed down the keys on the piano, letting the sound fill the complete coffee shop. And slowly her voice blended in as she sang softly to it.

She was nervous, but that soon disappeared as she closed her eyes and let her body take control. She made her mind empty and only moved her lips and fingers.

It was breathtaking.

Myungsoo was even more sure that she had the most beautiful voice he had ever heard. 

It sounded like a bird's singing. One would imagine a green field with flowers covering it like a carpet. The sun shining and fairies singing songs as they flew in the sky.

The way Hana sang and her voice, it all sounded so magical to Myungsoo.

He fell in love with her voice and was slightly disappointed as she stopped singing. It was like the magic disappeared but he was sure it would come back again.

 

---

 

"What is this feeling?"

Sungyeol placed a fork in Myungsoo's hands as he placed the plate with the strawberry shortcake on the salon table.

Myungsoo tightened the grip on the fork as his other hand grabbed the plate and took a piece of the short cake, bringing it to his mouth.

The sweetness hintded with a bit of sour sparkles took over his taste buds as the soft cream melted on his tongue and the sponge cake filled his mouth like cotton.

"That my friend is when you like someone." Sungyeol answered the question his best friend asked while he brought the cake.

"Like?" Myungsoo asked, turning his head to Sungyeol who was already eating the cake with big bites.

Sungyeol swallowed as he hummed with confidence.

"Yeah. Your heart beating louder? Feeling all tingly and warm, the cheeks getting hot and all the other things you told me. Those are signs of liking someone."

"It is?"

"Listen Myungsoo. You're 22 years old. It's normal for you to fall in love aside the music you adore so much. I was already beginning to worry you would have to spend the rest of your life by staying single for ever."

"Ya, I'm blind, not stupid."

"Exactly." Sungyeol pointed out and placed his empty plate back on the table.

"But she would never like me."

"You don't know that."

"I'm not normal..."

"Kim Myungsoo. You're a normal human being. The only thing you don't have is sight. Don't let that make you small because I know how wonderful you are. Other people aren't perfect either."

Myungsoo bit the insides of his cheeks as he smiled lightly.

Sungyeol always helped him, supported him, ever since they were kids. He couldn't be even more thankful to have such a good friend close to him.

"So stop complaining about something like that. There is a chance that girl likes you back. And if not, it's not the end of the world. Life goes on."

"Just like when you broke up with that one girl?" Myungsoo asked and Sungyeol frowned before he let out a soft growl, making Myungsoo chuckle.

"Okay fine. I was mess back then, but loko at me now. I'm perfectly fine, single, but fine."

Myungsoo nodded as he took another small bite from the strawberry short cake and let the experience of eating it again repeat over and over.

"I think... I may really like her."

Sungyeol's lips curled up as he patted his friend's shoulder. 

"Then go for it before you regret it."

 

---

 

Weeks passed and Myungsoo only got better and better with playing the piano. He even started to learn the guitar, which proved that he was a musical genius.

Hana helped him however she could and they would often go to the coffee shop and play the instruments while just chatting away.

A lot of guys asked her why she would spend so much time with a blind one, but she was offended by people saying stuff like that. Myungsoo was a person, just like all the others and she would say she felt even more comfortable with Myungsoo than anyone else.

 

"I have to do something. I'll come right after I'm done with it. You can wait at the coffee shop." Myungsoo smiled.

Hana looked away from the piano and looked at her student.

"Okay... Do I need to come with you otherwise?" Hana asked. After all, Myungsoo never declined going to the coffee shop together with her and she couldn't help but me curious what he had to do that was so important. Because she knew he didn't needed to go to the hospital or anywhere else.

"It's alright. I'll be there as fast as posible." Myungsoo said with a gentle smile and Hana hummed, telling Myungsoo she understood.

 

---

 

"How can I help you?"

Myungsoo didn't answer, so Sungyeol answered the shop assistent.

"We're searching for a video cam."

"Do you have any in mind?"

"No, just a good one but not too pricy please." Sungyeol answered and the shop assistent nodded his head as he helped the two friends with finding a video camera.

 

Sungyeol gave the pretty wrapped bag to Myungsoo who took a deep breath and breathed out again with a tremble.

"Come on, you'll be fine."

"What if she would be troubled by this?"

"Then yuo tried. Come on my friend. You can do this."

Myungsoo nodded as his grip on the bag tightened a bit.

 

---

 

"Oh, you're alone today?"

Hana looked up and greeted the owner of the coffee shop.

"Myungsoo is going to come later. He had something to do today before he would arrive here." Hana answered with a small smile as she already ordered a machiato to drink while waiting for Myungsoo.

She was looking at the music instruments, waiting eagerly for Myungsoo so that the two could play them together. Her thoughts were broken when she heard hitting sounds above her.

Looking up, she saw the raind rops hitting the transparant roof.

"It's raining... I didn't even bring my umbrella..." Hana talked to herself as she pouted a bit, waiting impatiently for Myungsoo to arrive.

The rain only got worse as it fell down like buckets of water and hit the roof like a waterfall. She was safely inside the coffee shop and she thought that Myungsoo must be somewhere, waiting for the rain to stop.

Half an hour passed since the rain started and slowly it stopped, the sun shining again.

It was only a few minutes after the rain had stopped that she heard the sudden stops of cars, crashing and screams.

Hana stood up almost immediately and walked with curiosity to the front of the shop, thinking that an accident must have happend after that heavy rain.

But with every step she made, her heart started to beat faster and the feeling that something bad happend started to grow bigger.

The first thing she saw were people looking horrorfied to the cars that were crashed together and the blood on the ground. 

Her eyes widened in fear as she walked closer to the accident, only to find no one but Myungsoo on the ground.

"N-no.... No!"

People looked at her, but she didn't even care as she rushed to Myungsoo that was on the ground, almost lifeless and the blood coming out of him.

"Myungsoo... Myungsoo!!" she screamed as she dropped next to his body, her eyes searching for his weak ones that were barely visible through his barely opened eyelids.

"H-a....na..."

Myungsoo voice was raspy and Hana's eyes got teary as she started to panic.

"M-myungsoo, hang on. Please!"

"T-this.... i...s t-the f-fi...rst .... t-ti...me... I...I'm... sc-ared... of the d-dark-ness..."

"Stop talking, just stop talking and hang on!" Hana yelled.

"H-ana... My...angel... I l-love you..."

Hana stopped crying as she heard this, only to be followed by all the energy in Myugnsoo's body leaving him.

"No.. Don't! Myungsoo, don't!! You can't!!"

 

---

 

Hana looked at the parents of Myungsoo as they cried their hearts out. The loss of their son was a nightmare for the couple and she felt bad that she didn't insisted more to go with him.

"Are you Hana?"

Hana looked at the tall young man next to her with almost empty eyes.

"I am..." she said weakly and it was only when she looked in his eyes that she noticed he had cried too, for a long time as his eyes were red and swollen.

"I'm... Myungsoo's best friend... Sungyeol. This is for you." he said and gave Hana a bag with ribbons on it.

"This?"

"Myungsoo was planning to confess to you today. He even bought a present for you..." Sungyeol said as he started to get tears in his eyes again.

"I'm sure he would have wanted you to have this." Sungyeol whispered, bowed his head and left to Myungsoo's parents that were grieving over the death of their only son.

 

---

 

Hana lit up her dark room before going to the couch and staring at the bag that was pretty, but dirty because of the blood and dirt.

Slowly, with trembling hands, she opened it, only to find a video camera in it and a small wrapped box.

She took the camera and turned it on, a video playing that made her only cry again.

 

"Hi..." Myungsoo grinned at the camera as he shifted nervously on the chair he was sitting on. "Since I probably will do weird thigns when confessing to you, please also watch this." 

Myungsoo smiled sheepishly as he clasped his hands together.

"I know we don't know each other for long and I'm sorry for troubling you by this confession. But I'm not sorry for having these feelings for you. It's weird. I never thought I would fall in love, but I did, I fell for you."

There was a short silence before Myungsoo spoke again.

"You make my heart beat faster and I feel like I wouldn't be able to live without having you beside me. It may sound weird and a bit creepy, but I want you in my life."

Myungsoo smiled even brigther now.

"I bought you a gift. I don't know if you will like it though... I hope you will."

Myungsoo showed a wrapped box.

"And... I love you." Myungsoo ended the video letter with a cute blush.

 

Hana stared at the screen as she bursted in tears.

With shivering hands, she unwrapped the box and took out a beautiful melody box.

Her tears didn't stop as she grabbed it tightly and played the song of the melody box. 

"I love you too..."

 

 

 


 

Hope you liked this oneshot! It's a sad ending I know :(

The requester asked for a sad ending and I almost cried while writing the final T_T

Please subscribe and comment! Upvote too please ^_^

 

I'm going to update my other stories asap, I'm sick now so I don't know when I can update them though T_T

I'll do my best >__<

 

Please also check out my other stories ^_^