I'm Fine

The World Is So Mean

"ahh its so hot" jarin sighed.

"its too humid" aemin groaned.
i sighed.
"its too hot to even talk" i fanned myself with my hand.
we entered the school building.
"did they ever put on the ac damn..." jarin getting annoyed by the heat.
"bomi!!" somebody then put their arm around me.
"jungkook" i smiled.
just his smile made me forget the heat.
its been about 6 months now since i've met jungkook. we got a lot closer. about everyday we meet at the swing sets. im trusting him more now.
"aww the couple" jarin and aemin teased us.
"shut up. we're not even dating" i blush.
"aha bomi's cheeks are red" jungkook poked my cheeks.
"jungkook!!" somebody called his name.
it was some girls.
"see you later" jungkook said.
"yea" i nodded.
he then walked over to the girls. i did like jungkook though. he probably sees me as a little sister only though. im way out of his league though. he was popular with the girls and hung out with the popular guys too. (BTS/Bangtan Boys)
"summer break is in 2 more days though!!!" jarin jumped around.
"oh my gosh!! i cant believe it" aemin widen her eyes.
"arent you excited bomi for summer break??" jarin nudged me.
"oh yea" i nodded faking a smile.
i was never excited whenever we had school breaks. i didnt like staying home and hear mom and dad argue.
"but aish we have gym today" aemin sighed.
"" i sulked.
"gym in this kinda weather. oh my gosh" jarin rolled her eyes.
"well lets get to class" i said.
"yep" the both nodded.
 
[Before Gym Class]
 
"i need to get my gym outfit in the classroom" i said.
"oh okies" aemin nodded.
"i'll just tell the teacher then" jarin said.
"thanks" i ran off.
i ran back to the classroom. i noticed a folded piece of paper on my desk. i opened it. i widen my eyes. my heart dropped. tears whelmed up in my eyes. my hands were shaking.
______________________________
JUST GO DIE BOMI
YOU'RE NO USE IN THIS WORLD
______________________________
 
the paper finally fell out of my hand. this feeling....its coming back again....just like middle school.
 
[Flash Back]
 
"you just need to get out of here"
"nobody likes you"
"aww youre crying now"
"crying is no use"
"youre such a baby"
" it up"
"youre useless here"
"no one needs you"
the girls stood around me. they called me names. insulted me. bashed on me. beat me up. no one didnt help. no one was there. no one didnt care what happened to me.
 
[Present]
 
i quickly picked up the paper and put it in my backpack. i then saw another letter.
__________________________________________________________
Jungkook is just playing with you
He doesnt even like you
I even heard him say hes annoyed of you
Jungkook doesnt want to go to the swing sets with you anymore
So just drop everything with him
You're better off alone
___________________________________________________________
 
is this true?? jungkook.....the person i told everything too. well why wouldnt he be annoyed of me?? i always talk about my feelings to him. im always crying too...im too insecure. this is probably why hes annoyed of me. he did never like me. i also put that letter in my backpack.
i ran back to the lockers. another letter. who is this person?? i opened up the letter. a picture also fell out. it fell to the ground. i picked it up. tears finally came down. the picture was a picture of me. it had scratch marks all over my face and black mark crossed over my face also. on the bottom it read "DIE" i looked at the letter.
___________________________________________
3 letters in a row
You must be crying now right??
Even your friends now dont care about you
You see they both are so close compare to you
They probably talk crap about you to each other too
____________________________________________
 
why is this person doing this?? i put my gym outfit in the locker and ran back to the classroom. i put the letter in my backpack. it is cause im hanging out with jungkook?? jungkook is popular. i hang out with him. we're friends. who is it then?? tears ran down my cheeks. its happening again. in middle school i got bullied because i was hanging out with a certain someone too. i will always be alone.....
 
[After School]
 
"bomi!!" jarin yelled.
"where were you??" aemin asked.
"you skipped the rest of school after gym" jarin said.
"oh i didnt feel good" i lied.
"you should have just went home then" jarin said.
"are you feeling better??" aemin questioned.
"bomi you skipped" jungkook came up to me.
i looked at him. i looked at aemin and jarin. is it all true?? they're all annoyed of me.....they dont care about me. its all just an act.....
"im fine" i faked a smile.
if its like that then i will just act along then. just like how i use too.
"thats good" jarin smiled.
"at least youre feeling better" aemin said.
jungkook gave me a worried look. i just ignored it.
"i need to go home" i said.
"okies bye" jarin waved.
"be safe" aemin said.
i nodded. jungkook just stood there. i tighten my fist. i took a deep breath. i just need to hold my tears back. hold it back and act like everything's fine. everything will be okay.....when im gone.
 
[Swing Sets]
 
its already getting dark. i never did go home. i came here but didnt cry. i've been holding back my tears. jungkook never came either. maybe its true then. hes annoyed of me. i laughed to myself. the person i trusted the person right now.....i trust people too easily.
why are humans like this?? when they feel love by a certain someone they trust them and let them do whatever to them. its cause humans are weak. they're weak beings. they're the weakest. the lowest.
"bomi" i looked up.
it was jungkook. i looked away.
"hey" i said.
"whats wrong??" jungkook asked.
"nothing" i shook my head.
"bomi even though its only been like 6 months i could tell when youre lying" jungkook said.
"im fine" i faked a smile.
"you know that smile can never pass me" jungkook said.
he put his hand on my shoulder. just his warmth. it makes me happy inside. his voice makes me warm inside. his puppy like eyes makes my heart skip a beat. his smile makes me blush. everything about him is perfect. but now...i feel so far from him.
"i cant anymore" i shook my head.
the tears finally came down.
"why do humans have to cry??" i covered my face.
"why do humans have to be so weak...." i sobbed.
"bomi" jungkook hugged me.
"did someone say something to you??" jungkook asked.
i didnt want to tell him. i push away.
"we cant meet anymore jungkook" i said.
i wiped my tears but it just kept on coming. i grabbed my backpack. i started walking away. jungkook then grabbed my wrist.
"why??" jungkook asked.
i pulled my arm away.
"dont you know?? i never did like you" i gave him a cold look.
jungkook's arm limp to his side. i turned away and continued walking. tears continued falling down. yes i learned. im learning to turn cold towards people. to not trust people. being alone is the best.
"bomi!!"
somebody grabbed my arm roughly making my backpack fall to the ground. all the things fell out.
"bomi i dont believe you" it was jungkook.
"why are you crying if you never did like me??" jungkook said.
he looked at the things in the ground. his eyes widen. the 3 letters were revealed.
"dont look!!" i said.
i quickly grabbed the papers but then jungkook pick one up already. it was the one about him.
"is this why you said that??" jungkook said.
"let me see the others??" jungkook pulled out of my hands.
jungkook tightly held the papers in his hand.
"i'll walk you home" jungkook looked away from the papers.
he started picking everything up and putting it in my backpack.
"you dont have to come to school tomorrow" jungkook said.
 
[Next Day]
 
i sighed. i dont want to go to school either stay home. at school i might get those letters again but at home i hear mom and dad arguing. 
"i heard you were cheating on me" mom yelled.
"why wouldnt i cheat on you?? you're all like this!!" dad said.
"oh you better leave this house!!"
"i pay for this house"
"and yea i pay for the other things too!!"
"we dont we just get a divorce" mom said.
"i am gonna!!"
"i will too!!"
i grabbed my headphones and plugged it in my music player. i turned up the volume and just closed my eyes. this is much better.
 
[Jungkook's View]
 
"who the hell wrote this letter to bomi!?!?!?!" i yelled.
all the kids in the classroom stared at me scared.
"come on tell me!! i know one of you guys know!!" i said.
i kicked the desk.
"yah!! if i find out anyone of you guys were involved im gonna get you guys" i said pissed off.
"did girls threaten bomi??" namjoon came up to me.
"yea" i nodded.
"girls..." suga shook his head.
"jungkook" a girl came up to us.
"yea" i said coldly.
"it was jinae" the girl pointed to the hallway.
"i heard talking about it to her friends" the girl said.
i looked. that girl....the girl who liked me and everyone knew.
"thanks" i smiled.
she nodded. i went up to jinae.
"oppa" she smiled.
"dont you dare call me that" i snickered.
"j-jungkook??" she widen her eyes.
"youre the one that wrote this right??" i threw the letters at her.
widen and gasped.
"youre the lowest to even do this" i snickered.
"ju-jungkook" jinae said.
"dont even dare to say my name with that mouth" i said.
"but its true!!" she said.
"no its not!! im not annoyed of her!! i like her and shes my friend" i shook my head.
"if bomi ever kills herself i will hate you forever" i went closer to her face.
"youre the one that triggered her to do it if she does kill herself" i said firmly.
i then walked away.
 
[Bomi's View]
 
i looked at the time. they're just getting off of school right now. i've decided....this is my choice. my life choice. i grabbed my phone.
"jungkook??" i said.
"yep its me" jungkook said with his cheerful voice.
"wanna hang out??" i asked.
"sure" jungkook said.
"lets meet at the usual" i said.
"okies"
we hung up. i got ready and went out. mom and dad wasnt home. they probably left cause they were mad at each other.
 
[Swing Sets]
 
"whats up with the hang out today??" jungkook questioned.
"nothing" i shrugged.
"just bored" i said.
"well you did stay home all day" jungkook patted my head.
i nodded.
"should we go get some ice cream??" jungkook asked.
"sure. its hot today anyways" i nodded.
we went inside the convenience store. jungkook got the popsicles that could break into 2.
"strawberry flavor is okay right??" jungkook asked.
"yea" i nodded.
he broke the popsicles into 2 and gave me one.
"thanks" i smiled.
"i wanna see more of that smile today" jungkook said.
i then blush right away.
"i remember when we first met you always put on that expressionless face but for real you had a lot of emotions going on" jungkook said.
"youre still the same. happy and cheerful" i said.
"wanna go to the beach??" i asked.
"sure" jungkook nodded.
 
[Beach]
 
"take lots of pictures on your phone" i said.
"how about we take a picture right now" jungkook grabbed my arm.
he pulled me into the camera.
"say kimchi" jungkook smiled.
"kimchi" i followed along.
 
[Night Time]
 
we sat in the sand.
"its a good thing its not that hot at night time" jungkook sighed.
"yea" i nodded.
i looked at the sky. it was dark but full of stars. the moon was shining bright on the water. you could see the boats that had red dots flashing.
"if only the world was this peaceful" i said.
"if youre with me it will be" jungkook said.
i looked at him. was that a confession?? i dont know...was i getting closer to jungkook?? or was it him?? i turned my head the away.
"aha im sorry" jungkook chuckled.
"its okies" i blush.
jungkook then kissed my head.
"a kiss on the head is fine right??" jungkook said.
i nodded and smiled.
"your smile is beautiful" jungkook patted my head.
"thanks" i said softly.
 
[Next Day After School]
 
"lets hang out" i said.
"okies" jarin nodded.
"lets get ice cream" aemin said.
"you guys take a lot of pictures" i said.
"we will" they both nodded.
"Should we go to the new ice cream shop??" Aemin asked.
"Sure" I nodded.
We went to the ice cream shop and ordered our ice cream.
"What's the special occasion today??" Jarin nudged me.
"Hmm nothing. Its just boring to be at home everyday" I shrugged.
"I guess" aemin said.
"What do you guys want to do after??" I asked.
"Uhh" aemin thought about it.
"Karaoke??" jarin said.
"yea!!" aemin and i nodded.
we hurried up and ate our ice cream to go to the karaoke place.
 
[Night Time]
 
"okies good night you guys" jarin said.
"see you guys tomorrow" aemin said.
"today was good" i smiled.
we all waved bye and went our own ways. like usual i never went home first. i went to the swing sets. jungkook was there.
"hey" i sat on the swing.
"its unusual that youre here already" i said in a joking way.
"i was waiting for you" jungkook looked at me.
"i had a good day" i smiled.
"yes i could tell" jungkook nodded.
"its late shouldnt you get home" i said.
"shouldnt you get home" jungkook pointed at me.
"nah" i shook my head.
"well then i dont need to either" jungkook said.
i just gave a giggle.
"jungkook youre a really good friend" i smiled.
"thanks" jungkook smiled back.
"i think youre gonna be the last person i will ever trust" i said.
"not everyone in the world is mean bomi" jungkook said.
"i know but its better this way" i nodded.
the rest of the night jungkook and i talked about random things. whatever things that popped up in our mind. it was like any other night with jungkook but this night was special.
 
[Summer Break]
 
i sighed and looked in the mirror.
"today is the day" i mumbled.
i got my phone out. i text jarin and aemin so we could meet up. we were meeting up at the beach.
 
[Beach]
 
"sorry but i gotta leave soon" jarin said.
"yea me too. my dad said only an hour" aemin said.
"my mom wants me back to help do laundry" jarin sighed.
"oh its okies....." i looked down.
this whole summer break we never hung out yet. we have 2 more days until school starts again but i guess....if they dont wanna hang out today then its fine. anyways whenever we have breaks we never hang out together anyways. we just use each other during school so we wont look like loners. but in reality everyone is a loner. we start off school as loners and no friends. we end our life as being loners and with no friends. in between our life we just use people and say we're friends but we're all just friends that use each other so we wont look lonely.
"well if you guys wanna leave then you guys could go" i said.
"im really sorry but i did just sneak out so yea" jarin sighed.
"its fine" i shook my head.
"well if you wanna to talk about something you could say it" aemin said.
"no....its okay" i looked at the ground.
"im gonna go now" i turned away.
 
[Swing Sets]
 
"jungkook..." i said.
"what is it bomi??" jungkook said through the phone.
"where are you??" i asked.
"my friends place" jungkook said.
"oh nevermind then" i said quietly.
"what is it??" jungkook questioned.
"nothing" i shook my head.
"i'll come if you want me too" jungkook said.
"im fine" i lied.
"liar" jungkook said.
"you know me too well" i sighed.
jungkook just chuckled.
"im fine. if youre busy dont come. bye" i said.
"wait!! bomi where are you??" jungkook asked.
".....dont come" i said.
i then hung up. i put my phone in my pocket. another day being lonely....i sighed. i looked at the sky. it was a clear sky with the sun raised up high.
"i want it to rain" i mumbled.
rain on me so i could let these tears down. the day is too bright and such a good weather. it doesnt match my mood today.
"bomi!!" somebody yelled.
i turned around. i stood up.
"jungkook i told you not to come" i said.
"but i want too" jungkook came towards me.
"well im gonna go" i turned away from jungkook.
"did something happen again??" jungkook asked.
"no" i shook my head.
we stayed silent. my back facing towards jungkook and he was staring at me.
"im fine" i turned around faking a smile.
 
[Jungkook's View]
 
bomi turned around and smiled.
"im fine" she said.
bomi then started walking away. she was getting further and further. even though it was a fake smile. at the same time it looked so real. her smile was beautiful. the way her eyes shine when she smiles. it was perfect. it always made my day when she smiled even though it was fake but when it was a real smile it was more beautiful. it was almost like a heaven's smile. her real smile will always stick to my mind.
"bomi!!" i yelled.
she was about 2 blocks away already. i started running after her. i need to show her this!!
 
[Bomi's View]
 
this street.....it didnt have a lot of cars driving by but a lot of students always walk on this road to go to school. even i did too. i looked at the train tracks.
"today is the day" i mumbled.
i stepped onto the train tracks. i sighed.
"bomi!!" i heard somebody yelled.
i saw jungkook running towards me.
"i have to show you this" jungkook took out his phone.
he started playing a video. it started off with jarin and aemin.
"hey bomi!!!" they yelled waving.
"so jungkook told us everything" jarin frowned.
"its sad you dont trust us but its okay" aemin put her thumbs up.
"we're sorry we couldnt hang out during summer break" jarin said.
"but it was cause of this" aemin smiled.
"so dont worry we were still thinking about you" jarin winked.
"but what we wanted to say is that bomi you know you could trust us. we wont be like your other friends" aemin said.
"you probably wont believe us but we really do love you and trust you bomi" jarin said.
"so please just trust us and put down that wall of yours" aemin laughed.
"if you trust us with your heart then we all could become closer" jarin said.
"we love you bomi!!" they put heart signs up.
the video then switched to jungkook. i heard the train coming. the bell ringing.
"hey bomi" jungkook smiled.
"what i wanna to say it that i know you trust me but you dont trust me fully. i know that about you cause youre always lying about being okay and everything. aha but you know what even if its just me you trust right now your friends really worry about you a lot too. they may seem closer but its not like that. what i see is that you guys are all close. you in the beginning always put on that fake smile but towards the end of the day you start doing your real smile when youre around them. bomi the truth is that you do trust them but you just dont wanna get close to them right?? you dont wanna get hurt again right?? but for real you do trust them and feel hurt every time they dont hang out with you or dont talk to you. see bomi you do have friends you trust and they trust you too. they wanna get close to you too. for me.....i will always be by your side when you need me. i will always stay close just like your friends now"
before i knew it tears were running down my cheeks.
"im sorry jungkook" i shook my head.
it really touched my heart. it did but....i think no one can change my heart now.
"its just better this way" i said.
the train gates were going down. it was between me and jungkook.
"no bomi" jungkook shook his head.
the train was getting louder.
"bomi" jungkook grabbed my hand.
"why is the world so mean??" i sobbed.
 
[Jungkook's View]
 
bomi let go of my hand and took step back.
"bye jungkook" she waved.
i saw the train coming.
"bomi!! no bomi!!!" i yelled.
"im fine" she smiled.
shes still putting on that fake smile when shes crying. shes too good with that fake smile of hers.
"the world is so mean" bomi said.
"BOMI" i yelled.
 
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
i looked at the picture. even in this picture she was faking a smile. shes telling everyone lies with this fake smiles of hers. i looked at the coffin that was being put underground. i heard her parents sobbing. jarin and aemin were crying silently by the side. me?? i couldnt cry anymore. that day....the day when she killed herself....i cried too much that day. after the funeral everybody left. i stayed by the her grave.
"yes bomi..." i touched the tombstone.
"the world is so mean" i said.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Gahhh!!! >.<
End of the story :(
I'm not even sure if it was sad ;; I at making sad stories lol :3
But yea i hoped you guys enjoyed the short story :)