It Started With An Apple

It Started With An Apple

 “Hyung, is that the pretty girl that you're interested in?” Mir asks, pointing at a petite, dark skinned girl, holding a piece of fruit.

 

I swat his hand down. “Mir-ah, could you possibly make yourself a little more discreet?”

 

Joon Hyung pops up holding two melons over his chest. “That's just not the BLAQ style, Thunder~” he sings happily.

 

I grab one of the pieces of fruit and put it back down. “Honestly, you guys are acting like a bunch of children,” I sigh, exasperated.

 

G.O. Hyung bumps shoulders with me. “Well, you insist on visiting this fruit market everyday, the least you can do is make a move,” he taunts, nodding over towards the girl with extremely dark, curly hair. I blush and shake my head.

 

Seungho Hyung rolls his eyes. “Thunder, we've been in the Philippines for almost a week already, and you've brought us here everyday since we've arrived,” he says, nodding towards the cute girl again. “It's obvious you think she's cute, why don't you just go over and say hi?”

 

I blush sheepishly and retreat behind a stand of apples. Funny, they must match my cheek color, masking my presence well. “Because...” I try, ending up speaking incoherently as I try to give a phony reason.

 

I can feel something brush up against my foot, sending a twitch up my spine. I jump a little, but it's just enough to send me sprawling into the stand of apples. A few of the piece of fruit start to roll haphazardly, but I try to reach out and catch them.

 

A hand brushes against mine, causing me to flinch and send even more apples to the ground.

 

Are you okay? O-Oh!

 

Standing in front of me is the girl I've been watching ever so cautiously from a distance. Her short, curly hair frames her face nicely-

 

“O-Oppa, hello!” she blurts awkwardly. I blink and look down at her petite frame.

 

“You speak Korean?” I ask slowly, pointing at myself.

 

She nods profusely. Aish, that's cute... “I've learned some,” she says sheepishly, placing an apple back on the stack. “But I can't believe I get to use it for real!”

 

I smile nervously, backing up into Joon Hyung.

 

“Ah, MBLAQ Oppas!” she shrieks, bowing slightly. “H-Hello!”

 

“Ooh, Thunder-ya, you've got good taste!” Joon Hyung whispers quickly before he greets the girl. I blush a bit, but push him out of the way.

 

“Ignore them, they all like to flirt too much,” I say, patting my chest. “But I don't!”

 

She smiles and shakes her head. “Good to know,” she giggles, reaching out to shake my hand. “I'm Tia, nice to get to meet you, Oppa.”

 

I give her my hand and shake hers. “Yeah, same here,” I smile.

 

 

 

“Sang-Hyun, where are you going?”

 

I swallow, my back to Jihoon Hyung. Hopefully he can't sense the fear on my face, but knowing Hyung, he knows exactly how I'm feeling.

 

“Hyung, he's going to meet up with that Filipino girl again!” Mir says excitedly. If Jihoon Hyung weren't watching, I would have punched him.

 

“Ah, a local?” Jihoon Hyung muses, crossing one leg over the other and leaning on his palm. “Just don't grow too attached, Sang-Hyun. We'll be leaving eventually.”

 

“Hyung, let him have his fun,” Joon Hyung teases, nudging me out the door. “We have another month before we're due to leave for home. A month's time is plenty...if you know what I mean.” He winks as he shuts the door behind me.

 

I sigh. These guys are too much.

 

 

 

“They're all hysterical, you don't think so?” Tia asks eagerly as she places fresh fruit on the tops of the stands.

 

I shake my head and grab a few pieces from her hand, placing them on the top without a struggle.

 

“To answer your question, no, not at all,” I say, grabbing a few more pieces. “They're all pushy and nosy and self-absorbed.”

 

“Really? They didn't seem like it,” she says, a smile on her face. I can tell she's not believing a word I'm saying.

 

“You know, we're supposed to be friends,” I say, wagging a finger. “You should believe what I say.”

 

She shakes her head. “Nah, I'm not supposed to trust strangers,” she teases, nudging me.

 

“Fine then, be that way, I'll just stop visiting,” I pout. She quickly grabs onto my forearm.

 

“I was only teasing, Oppa, please don't do that!” she gasps, worry rushing across her face. I gulp, waving my hands nervously.

 

“I-I was only joking, Tia, of course I'll come visit you!” I say, hoping she'll believe me. Just then, a smirk replaces her frown.

 

“I know,” she says facetiously. She turns back around and shoves more fruit into my arms. “I'm glad, I really needed some help around here.”

 

I make a face, but start stacking more fruit for her regardless.

 

“You're so short,” I say, shaking my head once more. She rolls her eyes.

 

“And you're too tall,” she retorts, turning to face her parents, who are standing at the opposite end of their little market shop. I can't help but watch as she converses with them in a language foreign to my ears.

 

I notice that she shares her father's dark complexion, but is the spitting image of her mother. Wow, I never thought someone's mother could be so beautiful-

 

“Hey, what are you staring at?” she scolds as she passes. She goes about her work.

 

“I just noticed how much you look like your parents,” I say, still deep in thought.

 

“Well, that's what tends to happen,” she sighs. She notices that I'm still trying to piece things together and she laughs. “My dad's African American, so that's where my skin tone comes from. And I guess my hair comes from my dad's side, too. Just about everything else comes from my mom.”

 

“I noticed,” I say, smiling. “Hey, and you mentioned before that you dance? Which side is that from?”

 

She laughs. “Your side,” she says, pressing her pointer finger into my chest. “Neither of my parents can dance. I teach myself by watching your performances.”

 

“That's incredible!” I gasp. She laughs a bit at my surprise, but I try to recover as quickly as possible. “What songs can you dance to?”

 

“You name it, I know it,” she says confidently, smirking. “Maybe I could show you sometime?”

 

I return her smirk. “Maybe you could show me now,” I insist.

 

 

 

“Thunder, you still haven't packed yet?” Seungho Hyung asks, grabbing a few pieces of my clothing and shoving it into his bag. “Our flight leaves in four hours, and it takes at least an hour to get to the nearest airport. We have to get moving.”

 

“I know, Hyung,” is the only thing that escapes my lips. He seems to notice my somber mood, because he silently grabs my things and starts packing for me.

 

All of this time I've been spending with Tia, and not once have I admitted to my feelings for her. We act friendly, but I can't keep acting. The least I owe to her after two months of her company is the decency to be honest with her-

 

“Thunder-ya, you haven't done anything that you're gonna regret when we leave, have you?” Joon Hyung asks, nudging me.

 

“Joon-ah, leave him alone,” G.O. Hyung sighs as he grabs his bags.

 

“Not yet,” I grumble to myself, scratching behind my ear.

 

“She's not pregnant is she?” Joon Hyung asks with a smirk.

 

“Chang-seon!” Jihoon Hyung scolds him.

 

“What? It's an honest question,” Joon Hyung defends himself, holding up his hands in front of him. He grabs another bag and heads out to pack the car.

 

I plop down on the bed one last time, hoping for something to motivate me to get up and get moving-

 

“Hyung, we need to get moving,” Mir says.

 

...Great, like I couldn't figure that out myself.

 

He taps me on the shoulder and nods towards the door. “Hyung, I told the driver to make a stop before we leave,” he whispers with a faint smile. “You really should say goodbye to Tia.”

 

I can't help but smile back at him. “You're right. Thanks, Mir.”

 

 

 

I'm out the door before the car even comes to a halt. The guys all watch in amazement as I run into the little market shop that belongs to Tia and her family.

 

“Oppa?” she calls out, peeking her head out from under a table. She must be grabbing some more fruit to stack. “I thought you were leaving today-”

 

“I am,” I say, stopping right in front of her. She raises a delicate eyebrow. “But I wanted to stop here one last time and say goodbye.”

 

“Oh,” she says sheepishly, looking down again. She puts down the apple she had in her hand. “Well, goodbye I guess-”

 

I wrap my arms around her and pull her into my chest. She gasps a little bit, but the surprise wears off as she slowly responds to my hug.

 

“The past two months of getting to know you have been incredible,” I whisper, leaning down to put my head on top of hers. “I couldn't have asked for a better way to spend my time off.”

 

“I'm glad,” she sighs, looking up. “I really am thankful that I got to meet you, Oppa. I hope I get to see you again-”

 

I cut her off by quickly kissing her open mouth. Her eyes snap open with shock, but slowly close with relief as she relaxes and submits to the kiss.

 

When we both pull away because the driver honks the horn, I cup her chin. “You'd be foolish to think that we won't see each other again,” I tell her, turning around. “We gave each other our numbers, I'll call you later when I get home.”

 

I open the door in silence.

 

“Sang-Hyung Oppa?” she calls out one more time.

 

I sigh, a smile on my face, but tears in my eyes.

 

“Yeah?”

 

“I love you.”

 

The horn honks again, but this time I ignore it. I whip my body around and embrace her one more time, my hand knocking over an entire stack of apples in the process.

 

We both let out a laugh, but I scamper out the door before she can catch me to help.

 

“Yeah, love you too!” I call back, closing the door behind me.

 

Although we're both crying our eyes out by now, the both of us are laughing hysterically. Those damn apples did all of this.


Dragon note~

Hooray, first finished oneshot in like 2 weeks! XD

I hope Xxchocolate_sweetxX enjoyed this! And please like this page and picture! It would be greatly appreciated!

 Thank you all for reading!

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=2281527835226&set=o.174324459283258&type=1&theater