Chap. 1 Anniversary

Never judge a book by its cover

The dark sky showed no mercy to the twinkling lights of the stars as the day came to a close. Sitting on a park bench was a young girl staring longingly at the sky. "The day has come to an end and i still sit here waiting" she said. The wind started to pick up and her dark hair whirled with no control around her small face. She stood up and and took in a deep breath. The next thing that enveloped her was fear and sadness as she came to realize that it was late and time to return home. As she decided to run she felt her steps became heavy as well as her heart. Nearing her house she heard the ear splitting cries of the ambulance sirens. As her home came into view she had no doubts of what had happened and what was going to happen. She reach hear home and the crowed formed outside split making a way for her. Many of the people there gave her cold stares and judging glares.she came to halt when the paramedics came into view with a body covered in white. Tears where absent at this scene as she had lost the need to cry. "Jia..."  A voice said.The girl looked up and saw her father standing near the fence with solemn eyes. She let out a sour laugh and a tear managed to find its way out. A small whisper managed to come out. "It's done" and her vision when blank.


"Xi Jia, 21, female, diagnosis, schyzoaffective disorder. Date January 19,2012."the crackling of the out of date recorder made the only sound in the white room. Sitting were two people yet the air felt so cold. She stared at her hands and fiddled with her fingers as the man in front of her scrutinized her every move. "Miss jia..." The sudden noise made her look up. Her eyes were pitch black and her stare was hard. "I do believe that today is the anniversary of your arival here at Beijing Anyang hospital." Her stare never wavered as she arched her eye brow.

The man in front of her shifted uncomfortably in his seat under her glare. "After two years hea-"."I do believe it that you and I both know it has been more than that". The second person in the room had spoken up after 1 hour of questioning. She sighed and sat up straight. Her quiet and demure image gone. "Doctor Conor. Why are you here?". He cleared his throat and sat up straight as well." Well I'm hear to help those wh-". His sentence was cut off yet again by the sound of the bell ringing signaling the end of their session. "We'll i do believe we are done for today dr.conor. I hope our next session will be as exciting as this one".

The girl stood up as the door swung open and a guard appeared. Her small figure disappeared into the halls. As she made her way into her room she heard wispers near the window at the end of the wall. Her body shook in fear as she fumbled to open her door.  She closed her eyes as she remembered what her mother had thought her. The wispers became louder and louder as she closed her eyes and prayed. She soon heard the hear door open and slipped into her room as fast as she could. She leaned her back against the door and slid to the ground.

"4 years..."she wishpered. She stood up and sat on her bed. The room was small yet comforting as any room in a mental hospital would be. Her room contained only her bed, a desk and one blanket as having more would be dangerous. She slipped into bed and stared out the only window in her room. The sky was dark and no stars were in sight. Her eyes were starting to feel heavy and was drifting away as she heard her door open. A small strip of ligh shone thorough the crack of the door and shadow slipped inside her room.

A small creek made itself be heard as the door closed making Jia's eyes snap open. "Ww-who I-is there???" she asked. A small chuckle emitted from the shadow as it neared her bed. "It's just me Jia". As soon as she hear that voice she let out a sigh of relief. It was Xuimin. Xuimin was Jia's one and only best friend. He as she could recall was the only person who could see past her facade and see who she really was. He was admitted into the hospital the same day she was and seemed to know how to deal with her. He knew everything about her yet she knew nothing off him. He was a mystery to her yet she didn't mind. "I thought I was seeing things again. The doctor changed my medications and it's effects are that of having me come in and talk about my feelings."she sighted and laid on her bed arms stretched out.

Amused by her actions Xuimin pushed her to the side and laid beside her. "So what did he ask you? Same run of the mill ,or something unique?" As he said this  both looked at each other and burst into fits of laughter. When they managed to calm down she sat straight up and turned serious. Noticing her sudden change Xuimin sat straight up and looked at her with worried eyes.

Snapping out of it Jia turned to him and looked at him straight in the eyes. "Kidding aside Xuimin, he did say something different..."she trailed off. Grasping that it was something serious, he began to worry. Jia was never serious unless it was about her past. Sensing the a quiet Xuimin she looked up at him and saw him giving her a nudge to continue". Sighing she looked down at her fingers and began fiddling with them.

"He said that itoday was the anniversary of my arrival here..." Her voice becoming hushed as Xuimins breathing became more rapid. "I mean it shouldn't bo-" "WHAT DO YOU MEAN NOT BOTHER YOU!" He shouted. Jia covers his mouth with hear hand fearing they would get caught.

Xuimin realized this and froze as he heard footsteps nearing door. The footsteps became louder. Under the door a small ray of light shone through but not completely as the shadow of two feet was blocking the rest. Their breathing stopped as they prepared to hear there screaming and hitting of the night nurse. Suddenly the shadow disappeared and they let out a sigh of reliefs. Sitting in silence his decided to speak up. "I'm sorry" she whispered.

Sensing jias guilt xuimin sighed. "Jia don't worry about it it's just..." Jia looked up as he remained silent. " it just my fear of you turning back into that same person that came in on that day." "I can tell that you arnt as broken as you used to be be. You've learned to pick up the pices and put them together." Listening to his voice getting softer and more fragile, Jia stayed quiet and let his words sink in. Before silence had enveloped them xuimin stood up. He took a deep breath and looked at Jia. "I don't mind you being with me longer and staying forever, but life moves on and you can decide to go with it or stay stuck in the past". As he finished his sentence his voice cracked making Jias head snap up. As he turned around he silently whispered "don't go back to the real you". With that he opened tha door and left just as silently as he had come In.


 

How was it??? Please let me know this is unedited so there might be a few mistakes! I will edit this soon and post more up soon! Hope you enjoyed it!