14

Arranged?

Julie’s POV

I wake up with a splitting headache. I open my eyes to find myself in a hospital room. What happened? How did I get here? I look around and see Kyuhyun sitting in a chair next to the bed and holding my hand with his head resting on the bed. Just one look at his face tells me that he has been crying. A lot. I don’t know what happened, but whatever it is I feel sorry towards him. I never want to make him cry again. I look around the room more and see all of Super Junior in sleeping bags filling my entire hospital room floor. I have never felt so loved in my life. Tears start to fall just as Kyuhyun wakes up.

“Julie, you’re awake!” He says frantically, tears filling his eyes. “I’m so sorry this happened to you. “ He threw his arms around me and cried into my shoulder. 

“How long have I been asleep?” I ask.

“All day, it is night now. I’m going to tell the doctor you’re awake.” He gets up and leaves the room. I look down at the sleeping Super Junior members and find Henry. I pick up the box of tissues next to the bed and throw it at him. He wakes up annoyed and looks for the culprit. His eyes widen when he sees that I’m awake and he runs to my bedside.

“Julie, I am so glad you’re awake!”

“Henry, Kyuhyun looked so upset that I didn’t want to ask him what happened. Quick, tell me before he comes back!” He hesitates before pulling out his phone, searching for a video, and handing it to me. I take the phone and press play. I watch silently. I can’t believe this happened to me. Kyuhyun must have been so hurt after seeing this. The video ended and I stared at the screen for a few seconds.

“Why? Why did this man do this?”

“We don’t know. The police are questioning him now.” Henry looks down at the floor. Everyone is upset about this, not just Kyuhyun. I playfully push his shoulder.

“Hey! Don’t be sad! I’m awake now, you should be happy!” I say trying to cheer him up.

“You have no idea I relieved I am that you are okay.” He says.

The doctor walks in and looks at all of the members sleeping on the floor. He turns on the light, causing most of them to stir.

“I’m going to need you guys to clear the room. I need to run some tests on the patient.”

---

“The doctor says you don’t have any brain damage but he would like you to stay overnight. If you are still okay by morning then I can take you home.” Kyuhyun tells me.

“Are you going to stay with me?”

“Nobody could get me to leave you right now. No one.” I smile relieved. I am trying to be strong for everyone, but after seeing what happened to me I am scared. Why me? Who is he? What is so special about me that he would want to kidnap me? “Are you hungry?” Kyuhyun asks, breaking me from my thoughts.

“Actually, yes. Can I have radish soup?”

“Of course.” He leaves and twenty minutes later he comes back with radish soup from a nearby restaurant. We both eat our radish soup but neither of us talks. He has been so quiet since I woke up. I want him to stop being so sad. He cleans up our dinner when we are done and asks me if there is anything else I want. I scoot over in bed, pull the covers down, and pat the spot next to me. His face went blank for a few seconds before his cheeks turned pink and he joined me in bed. I curl up next to him, allowing my head to lie on his chest. I hear his heart beat and it is soothing. He wraps his arms around me and I feel safe for the first time since I watched the video. I wish I could stay like this forever.

“Kyuhyun”

“Mm?”

“Thank you.”

“For what?”

“Thank you for caring so much about me. And I’m sorry for making you so sad today.” His pulled me closer to him and held me tighter.

“Thank you for waking up. I was rude to you at first because I didn’t think I was ready to have a wife, but now I know that there is no way I could live without you. What our parents did was wrong, but they brought me you and that is the greatest thing they have ever done for me.”

“I can’t live without you either. Please don’t leave me.”

“I’ll never leave you. That’s a promise.” We both fall asleep in each other’s arms.