HEART BEAT 1

Come Here And Listen To My Heartbeat...

Kyungsoo’s POV

 

 

I looked closely at my reflection on the mirror. A young man with jet black hair and heart-shaped lips stared back at me. I glanced at my watch and so shocked to realize that it was 9:45 a.m.

 

“Kai must have waited for me at the theme park. I must be hurry.” I mentally reminded myself. After checking my appearance on the mirror… again, I looked for my car key.

 

“Oh, ! Where is the car key?!” I exclaimed madly while back and forth around my room. Finally I found it in the second drawer. I grabbed it and ready to go until…

 

“Where’re you going, Kyungsoo?”

 

I’m dead.

 

“I’m asking you again and believe me; you will not want me to repeat this question again, my dear. Where’re you going, Kyungsoo?” Kris’s cold voice froze me and my mouth dried and shut close. His face was full of satisfy feeling when walked toward me and stand right in front of my shivered body.

 

“By any chance, are you going to meet Kai?” I lifted my head and petrified. Kris’s dark brown eyes were stared right into my eyes. Shakily, I nodded down a bit timidly like a humble slave and with a weak voice I admitted it.

 

Furiously he grabbed my arm tightly, made me moaned in pain. His two eyes were burning with anger flames and a really jealousy feeling.

 

“Just remember this, my stupid step-brother, Kai will only be mine! Mine!” Kris screamed like a psych man and even tighter his grab on my arm. I felt my eyes got teary as I was stand the pain.

 

Someone… please help me…

 

“What are both of you doing?”

 

“Nothing... I... I’m just playing with your Kyungsoo hyung, look.” Automatically Kris’ voice turned to some kind of ahjumma at the market. Ew… and to even prove his lie, he even pinched my cheek playfully (but strangely hard) and hugged me tightly. My younger brother, Sehun just stared at both of us without any reaction. He his lollipop like nothing had happen.

 

“Don’t you dare to tell him anything. I’m not done with you yet, Kyungsoo!” Kris treated me in a low voice. I nodded nervously and with a dumb fake smile he got out from my room.

 

“Kyungsoo hyung... are you crying? Is it Kris hyung…”

 

“No, Sehunnie… I’m okay. Actually hyung cries in joy because Kai is asked me out for a date.” I lied to my younger brother while wiped my tears. Wait a minute… did I’m missing something here?

 

Kai!

 

“I’m sorry Sehunnie but I must go now. Maybe we can play some other time?” I glanced at my watch and to my horror; it was almost 10:14 a.m.

 

“Promise me that hyung will play with me tomorrow?” Sehun showed his pinky finger in front of me. I kneeled down and without thinking; I made a pinky promise with my brother.

 

***

When I was driving to the theme park, this thought come to my mind…

 

What if I can’t fulfill my little promise towards Sehun?