Part 1

Love and other complications

A/N: Be prepared for a ridiculously long, and probably boring part ahead.

Story:

The clock struck 10 and Sehun hurriedly stuffed his laptop inside his bag, grabbed his wallet and car keys and practically flew down the stairs to reach the door. He was late for work and even though he was the boss, still he didn’t like to abuse his powers. He almost bumped into his best friend who seemed to just wake up.

“Jeez Sehun-ah, walk please! Don’t try to fly” Jongin reprimanded the younger boy.

Sehun paused his steps and looked back, “Shouldn’t you be at work by now?” he asked with a raised eyebrow.

“Shouldn’t you?” Jongin replied nonchalantly.

Sehun rolled his eyes at his best friend and co-worker, who was he kidding, “Just…try not to burn down my apartment yeah? And please, lock the door behind you”

When no reply came, Sehun turned back, “Or else I’m telling Kyungsoo hyung that you ate up all the food he made for me”

Jongin spat the toothpaste and looked up at Sehun with wide eyes at the mention of his boyfriend, “You…you wouldn’t!”

Sehun gave a smug smile, “Try me”

Jongin blinked, “Okay fine. I’ll make sure your precious house remains precious. Don’t breathe a word to Kyungsoo”

Sehun smirked, “Sure thing…Kkamjong” and with that Sehun was out of the door, effectively blocking Jongin’s yell of, “YOU LILLTE ! I’LL TELL Kyungsoo on you, I SWEAR!”

Sehun laughed imagining Jongin’s face in his head as he made his way to his daily stop before work – Taste of Heaven.

Taste of Heaven was the paradise for people with a sweet tooth as well as caffeine addicts like Sehun. Sehun would function on auto pilot each morning, and he woke up in the true sense only after a cup of coffee or two.

It would be a complete lie to say that Sehun went to Taste of Heaven just for the amazing range of coffee; he also loved the beautifully made cupcakes and freshly baked cakes of various flavors. But those were not the real reason why Sehun visited the shop, regularly without fail. Well okay may be because of coffee but also because of the coffee maker, a certain Chinese named Luhan.

---

The bell placed above the door made a sound, alerting the arrival of a new customer.

Luhan looked up from reading a book and smiled at the customer.

“You’re late today” he noted checking the time, then frowned, “And surprisingly awake”. Narrowing his eyes he leaned forward and took a sniff, “Did you drink coffee from somewhere else? You better not or else” he mock threatened.

Sehun, or previously mentioned as the new customer, raised his arms in surrender, “Coffee? Somewhere else? Are you kidding me?”

Luhan nodded, brows still furrowed, “But you look too awake for my liking. You are not this awake even after two cups of black coffee”

Sehun rolled his eyes, “Jongin” he replied.

“Ohhh” Luhan laughed as if the name explained everything to him.

“He stayed over last night?” he asked as Sehun took his usual seat.

The younger boy nodded, “Apparently, Kyungsoo hyung banned him from entering his own house”

Luhan laughed out loud, “Oh my! What did the poor boy do this time?”

Sehun looked at him, “Poor? Him? Please! And honestly I didn’t dare to ask him what he did. Knowing him it could be anything!”

Luhan continued chuckling, “Don’t worry. Pretty sure I’ll hear it from Kyungsoo when he comes over.”

Both Jongin and his boyfriend Kyungsoo were regulars at the shop, so Luhan knew them pretty well. Besides their friends network was surprisingly common and for that reason, well connected.

Sehun nodded and laid his head on the counter and yawned.

Luhan’s smile softened. “Did you get any sleep at all last night?” he asked petting the younger boy’s head.

Sehun snorted, “Stupid Jongin and his drunken ramblings. I managed to sneak past him after he fell asleep at around 6. That’s why I’m late. I slept through the freaking alarm and woke up so late. And then when I was coming, I saw him, barely awake, once again late for work”

Luhan giggled, “Awww Sehunnie, what would be your life without Kim Jongin? It would be so boring. So cheer up and here drink your coffee” he placed a steaming up of freshly brewed coffee.

Sehun practically inhaled the first couple of sips, “You are a life savior, hyung. I swear!”

Luhan rolled his eyes although he smiled fondly, “Yeah yeah I save your life with my coffee on a daily basis. Hey, you want to try my new chocolate cake?”

“You are asking me?” Sehun smiled. Luhan knew his love for anything chocolaty and sweet.

The older boy grinned. “Wait. I’ll bring some for you” and with that Luhan disappeared inside the kitchen.

As Luhan left, Sehun took a deep breath, trying to calm his heart which was beating so fast, all the while trying not to be too obvious to Luhan’s two workers. Luhan always had that kind of effect on him. It had been almost 6 months since he had known Luhan. They had become fast friends, best friends and eventually Sehun had fallen for the older boy. But he could never confess. He never got a chance to. Why you ask? Well, that’s another story. And, moreover, Luhan it seemed was the most oblivious person.

Sehun was so deep in his thoughts that he didn’t notice Luhan coming his way. The shop was comparatively empty than other days, probably because Sehun was late than his normal time. Jongdae was humming while cleaning the counters and Joonmyeon was taking orders from a few other customers. That left Luhan, the owner of the shop, with a bit of a free time.

The sudden tap on his shoulder brought Sehun back to real world. Turning his head, he saw Luhan standing beside him with a plate in hand.

“Earth to Sehunnie” Luhan moved his hand in front of Sehun’s face.

The younger boy blushed, “Sorry hyung. I was thinking and didn’t hear you”

Luhan shook his head and placed the plate, “Think less and eat and tell me how good it is” he ordered cheekily.

Sehun scoffed, “Getting over confident, are we?”

Luhan rolled his eyes, “Oh please! Just shut up and eat” he put a hand on his lower back arching his back and grimaced.“Ow!”, he moaned quietly when he experienced some pain.

Sehun looked up. “Hyung are you feeling alright?” he asked worriedly.

Luhan nodded though he still looked in pain and Sehun wasn’t convinced. He got up and helped Luhan sit on the chair beside him and knelt down in front of the older boy. “Do I need to call a doctor, hyung?” he asked, not liking the pain lines on Luhan’s face.

The older boy exhaled and relaxed after a few moments. He looked at Sehun’s worried face and gave a tired smile. “Worry wart” he teased flicking Sehun’s nose. When the younger boy still looked concerned, Luhan gave in, “Okay yeah. I am not really feeling 100% but there’s no need for you to call any doctor. I’m as good as I can be, in my condition. Junior’s just excited today” he smiled looking down as his stomach – his nine months pregnant stomach.

And that, ladies and gentlemen, was the reason why Sehun never got to confess. Luhan was already pregnant when they first met, pregnant with another man’s child and although the other father was never in the picture (“spineless er ditched us because he was too much of a chicken to take responsibility” Luhan had told Sehun one time), the older boy always said that he was done with love and relationships. He never gave Sehun a chance to prove himself.

---

Sehun pursed his lips and looked at the love of his life. Luhan was pale and looked tired and in pain, so Sehun started to rub his belly in soft motion. Luhan always told him that the baby loved it.

“Hyung…” he started but the older boy cut him off, “Please Sehunnie, don’t start now. I’m fine. I’m okay. The contraction just took me by surprise that’s all. I’m alright now”

Sehun eyes almost popped out of the sockets, “C-contraction? Luhan hyung-”

“False! False! False contraction. Braxton Hicks. Jesus! Sehun stop panicking like that” Luhan shouted.

Sehun was taken aback at Luhan’s tone. There he was getting worried sick over the well being of his pregnant love and in return he only got yelled at. Looking down he took his hand off Luhan’s belly with a whispered, “Okay”. He stood up from his kneeled position in front of Luhan and was about to go when a hand grabbed his arm and stopped him.

Turning back Sehun came face to face with Luhan’s tear filled eyes.

“Please don’t go Sehunnie” Luhan whimpered as he tugged on Sehun’s arm, “I’m sorry”

Sehun sighed as he sat down on the chair in front of Luhan, who guided Sehun’s hand back to his belly, and started to rub circles over there.

“I’m sorry I yelled at you. I didn’t mean to. It’s just I’m –” hormonal, Sehun thought but dared not to say that to the pregnant boy.

“It’s okay hyung. Don’t worry about it” Sehun said instead.

Luhan looked up with a hopeful expression, “Really? You’re not mad?” he asked innocently.

Sehun couldn’t help but smile at that, “Really I’m not mad.”

Luhan smiled, “You are too good Sehunnie. Sometimes I wonder why you even bother to put up with me”

Because I love you, you clueless idiot, Sehun thought but once again kept his thoughts to himself and pointed towards Luhan’s belly. “For Junior, here. He has put a spell on me. Don’t think I’m here for you. I only like your coffee, cake and baby, not you” Sehun teased.

Luhan rolled his eyes, “Like I didn’t know that. You two have already bonded so well and Junior here actually listens to you. Me? He only likes to kick the crap out of me” he pouted and Sehun wanted to claim those sinful lips right then right there but stopped himself.

“Junior likes me better because I’m more handsome. I must say this kid has good taste” Sehun smirked to cover up his blush at Luhan’s pout.

Luhan shook his head, “You are impossible” he laughed, “Now eat your cake and move your to work. You are already late” he reminded the younger boy.

But Sehun looked troubled, “Hyung, I – look please don’t get mad at me but I’m worried here okay? You aren’t even supposed to step out of bed and here you are still at the shop. I just don’t feel comfortable leaving you like this”

Luhan sighed as he took Sehun’s palms into his and squeezed them, “I know you are worried about us Sehunnie but trust me when I say that I’m alright now. Really I promise. Besides, I’m not alone here at the shop. Jongdae and Joonmyeon are here too. I hate being alone at home and you know that. I’m not an invalid. What am I going to do all day stuck in bed? Atleast I’m among people here. I promise if anything happens, anything at all, you’ll be the first person I’ll call. Promise.”

Sehun gazed at Luhan’s eyes for a while then he sighed, nodding.

“Okay hyung. I – I believe you. If you say you’re okay then fine. But please take care of yourself. Bye” he got up and was almost at the door when Luhan called him again.

“Aren’t you forgetting something?” the older boy slowly pushed himself up and waddled towards Sehun with a hand on his back.

The younger boy smiled and bent to Luhan’s stomach, “Bye Junior. Be good for your Baba” and he left for work with a quick bye to Joonmyeon and Jongdae.

---

Luhan smiled and kept staring at the door long after Sehun had left. He was glad he had someone like Sehun in his life. When he came to Seoul for the first time from China, he had wondered if he would make any friends at all. People judged very easily, especially when one was pregnant yet single. Luhan’s of a boyfriend from China bailed out on them when Luhan told him about his pregnancy. Unable to stay there with those memories, Luhan decided to come to Seoul and start his own bakery. He didn’t count on making such quick friends and also finding someone like Oh Sehun. He had been a blessing. Sehun was everything Luhan wanted in a man but he was scared to love again. His relationship with his baby’s father was of 2 years and still he left as soon as the baby’s responsibilities came. Sehun – Luhan knew the boy for 6 months – how could he trust him when his 2 years of relationship didn’t work out?

He didn’t realize he had been staring for a good 10 minutes when Jongdae’s voice pulled him out of his reverie.

“Why don’t you just tell him already?” the young baker said.

Luhan looked at his worker, “Tell whom what?”

Jongdae rolled his eyes, “Me. That you love me. Sehun! Who else?”

Luhan blinked a couple of times, “Why would I tell Sehun that I love him?”

“Because you do” Jongdae stated the obvious.

“No I don’t” Luhan countered back.

“Yes you do” Jongdae repeated and this time Joonmyeon joined him.

“No I – oh common not your too Joonmyeon-ah” Luhan whined.

“Tell him hyung. I am tired of watching the love sick puppies who won’t confess to each other” Jongdae looked at Joonmyeon.

The other boy nodded, “Jongdae is right Luhan. You do love Sehun. I think you know that too but you just don’t want to admit it”

Luhan looked down and sighed, “I – I admit that I like him bu- but I don’t know. I’m too scared to fall in love again”

Joonmyeon smiled, “Sorry to break it to you Luhan, but you are already in love with Sehun”

Luhan looked up ready to deny but Joonmyeon silenced him pointing at the cake, “That’s not for other customers. You have baked it only for Sehun. You wake up early sometimes to make sandwich for Sehun and sometimes even invite him over for dinner because you know he would be too tired to cook for himself. You don’t like when people try to baby you and yet when Sehun tells you to sit and rest you do that without a word, well usually. You don’t let anyone but Sehun touch your stomach and rub your feet. When we told you not to eat pickles which gave you heartburns did you listen to us? No. But since the day Sehun asked you not to, you didn’t touch them, even though I know you craved them. You blush every time Sehun says bye to Junior and keep staring at the door every morning for Sehun to come. Do I need to go on?”

Luhan looked at Joonmyeon with wide eyes listening to what the boy just told him.

“But- but I don’t know if-” Luhan couldn’t finish the sentence when Jongdae stopped him, “If Sehun loves you too? He does. Have you seen the way he looks at you? The way he cares about you? Anybody else would think you two are married to each other. Do you really think that someone who purely thinks of you as a friend would be so worried about your health? Sehun accompanied you to your check up once too since you weren’t feeling well. He never leaves without a goodbye to Junior. Do ‘just friends’ do that hyung? You have friends other than Sehun too but you didn’t ask any of them to accompany you to your check up. Why hyung?”

Luhan blinked like a clueless person.

“I- I never thought much. He is my best friend and I just asked him like – like I always do”

Jongdae face-palmed himself.

“Is Minseok hyung not one of your closest friends, hyung?” he asked.

Luhan furrowed his brows, “Yes he is but Jongdae that was not about just ‘hey lets hang out’ thing. That was my check up and no way could I ask Minseok to accompany me. That would be uncomfortable…on so many levels!” Luhan felt pretty accomplished with his answer but he did not like the triumphant smile that was gracing Jongdae’s face.

“What?”

“---”

“What? Why are you smiling like that?”

“Oh hyung, you are so clueless”

“Seriously Kim Jongdae if you don’t spill right now I’ll fire you”

Although that was only an empty threat, Jongdae decided to have mercy on the older boy.

“Hyung you have the answer to your question right there. Minseok hyung is one of your dear friends too. But still you don’t feel comfortable enough to let him take you to your check up but with Sehun you don’t feel uncomfortable. It comes natural to you. Do you still think that you are not in love with Sehun? Or that Sehun doesn’t love you the same way you do?”

Luhan stood frozen for a while. Realization hit him when he processed every single word that Joonmyeon and Jongdae told him. They were right. Sehun…Sehun was different, from everyone. He never felt awkward or uncomfortable around Sehun. He never tried to hide his true self when the younger was around. Hell, he always pushed his feet on Sehun’s lap for a massage or asked Sehun for a back rub after a long day of work, without wondering if that wasn’t appropriate. And Sehun… Sehun too never objected. He never once said no and had always fulfilled Luhan’s weird cravings as much possible. Even when Luhan’s hormones got the best of him and he screamed at the younger boy for no apparent reason, like that morning, Sehun never left his side permanently. He should have noticed that before that he had fallen for Sehun. He was in … in love with Oh Sehun… he loved Oh Se-

“Oh” was the only thing that came out of Luhan’s mouth.

“Yeah. Oh Sehun” Jongdae supplied with a happy accomplished smile on his face.

“Oh” Luhan repeated.

“Okay hyung we know you are in love with that Oh boy but could you please not…”

“Oh God!” Luhan looked like he was about to pass out.

Seeing his boss in shock, Joonmyeon quickly guided the pregnant boy on a chair.

“Breathe Luhan, breathe. It’s okay. It’s alright. Everything will be alright. You just breathe.” He coached softly, rubbing Luhan’s back.

The pregnant boy looked frantically at his workers’ faces, “Oh God! Guys what have I done? I have fallen for someone again. Even after I swore that I was done with relationships and done with love and all those doubts and complications. What am I going to do now?” he wailed desperately.

“Umm…propose to Sehun?” Jongdae supplied.

Luhan glared at the young boy, “Really not helping here Jongdae”

Joonmyeon shook his head, “Jongdae shut it. Luhan, look I know that you did not plan on falling in love but let me tell you love isn’t planned at all. You have fallen for Sehun and that’s it. No why’s or why not’s. Now I’m not asking you to confess to Sehun right away but I think you should tell him sooner, preferably before Junior here makes an appearance.” When Luhan didn’t look convinced Joonmyeon smiled at him, “Trust me Luhan, you won’t be disappointed.”

On cue the unborn child kicked Luhan, as if agreeing with Joonmyeon. Luhan looked down at his belly with a cute frown. Traitor, not you too. He mentally told his baby. That only earned him another kick, stronger this time as if the child was telling him, pabo.

Giving up Luhan settled on to rubbing his belly to calm down the child inside.

“I really value our friendship Joonmyeon-ah. I don’t want to scare Sehun away. Confessing to him might just do that. I do come with added responsibility you see” Luhan muttered.

Jongdae hit his head on the counter in desperation.

“Oh my God hyung! What are you blind? Sehun met you when you were already pregnant. He knew from the very beginning what he was doing and he chose to be with you – you along with Junior. You seriously can’t think that Sehun would run away now!”

Luhan looked from Jongdae to Joonmyeon and back to his belly where his baby was kicking him constantly.

“Okay” he sighed.

“Okay what?” both his workers asked back.

Luhan looked up, “Okay I will talk to Sehun. Soon.”

All he got was narrowed eyes looking suspiciously at him.

“Alright alright fine. I’ll talk to him tomorrow…happy?”

More staring and finally Luhan gave in, “Fine tonight. There I said it. I will talk to Sehun tonight. Are you two satisfied now?” when both of them gave him big smiles with a thumps up sign, Luhan rolled his eyes, “What have I gotten myself into?”

The front door jingled and a big group of teenagers entered the shop and settled on their usual places, greeting the three men in the shop.

Luhan clapped his hands to get his workers’ attention, “Enough of Dr Love talks. Go back to work both of you”

With both the boys busy with taking orders and serving items, Luhan’s mind drifted back to Sehun and what he would say to the younger boy. He looked at the untouched cake that he had made for Sehun and sighed, “Stupid Sehun. Didn’t even tell me how it was, after I had taken so much pains to make it for him” he pouted cutely and decided to eat it.

One spoonful later, Luhan made a face. “Yuck. Plain chocolate cake is so… plain” he looked around searching his cabinets for something and smiled triumphantly when his eyes fell on the bottle of apple syrup.

 “Aha!” he grinned and grabbed it, poured a generous amount over his chocolate cake and took another bite. “Mmmmm….heaven” he mumbled, his spoon clean.

---

Sehun was distracted all day. He might have been physically present at work but his mind was somewhere else – worrying over a certain pregnant deer-looking boy.

“Sehuuun-aaah” Jongin’s voice brought Sehun back to his office.

Giving his friend a ‘-off’ look, Sehun looked back at his lunch. But he did not get any peace of mind. For Kim ing Jongin decided to torment him with his annoying creepy stares.

After a while Sehun glared back at his best friend, “What?”

Jongin kept his mysterious smile and stared back, “What what? I didn’t say anything to you”

Sehun rolled his eyes, “No you don’t need to. Seriously Jongin out with it already”

The darker boy smirked, “You have been distracted all day. What’s the matter? Is it Luhan hyung…again?”

Sehun narrowed his eyes, “What’s that supposed to mean?”

“Oh I don’t know...you look like a husband whose wife’s in labor” Jongin winked.

Sehun gave him the middle finger.

“Oh common Sehun, how long are you going to keep up with this whole thing? Man up and ask Luhan out already”

“Can’t” was Sehun’s only answer.

“Why the not?” Jongin made a face.

Sehun looked at his best friend and sighed, “Because Luhan hyung doesn’t want to”

Jongin rolled his eyes, “How would you know? Did you ask Luhan hyung? No, you didn’t ”

Sehun gave Jongin his most famous -face, “I don’t need to ask him. I know him. He swore not to fall in love and I don’t want to lose his friendship too. Most importantly, right now he needs to focus on his baby and if I do something stupid like asking him out on a date, he might stress up about it and that won’t be good for the baby. Besides, he doesn’t feel all that well lately, what with his due date nearing, I am sure he’s freaking out mentally so I don’t really want to --- what? Why are you looking at me like that?”

Throughout Sehun’s mini-rant Jongin couldn’t help but smile at how responsible and protective his best friend had gotten over that cute baker.

“Look at you. You are seriously worried about your pregnant wife” he teased Sehun.

The younger boy rolled his eyes, “Stop saying that. Hyung’s all alone and the baby could come anytime. Aren’t you worried?”

Jongin smiled, “Not as much as you. Because I know you will be there with Luhan when the time comes. Seriously Sehun, what are you planning to do once the baby comes? Be that weird uncle? Is that what you want to do with your love life?” Jongin asked with seriousness in his voice.

The young boy sighed, “I don’t know kkamjong, I don’t know what to do. It hurts me to see Luhan hyung alone. I keep my phone on every night worrying over him. But he had made it pretty clear that he was done with love and relationships. His ex hurt him so much that now he can’t trust anybody and that includes me too I guess”

Jongin slapped Sehun at the back of his head, “Bull”

“Ow! What was that for?” the younger boy pouted, rubbing his head.

Jongin shook his head, “That my friend was for being…well, a . Luhan hyung might have said those to you all those months ago but trust me that’s not the case anymore. Don’t say anything and trust me on this one. Sehun-ah I have seen how Luhan treats you, so different than the rest of us. Kyungsoo agrees with me too. You are special to him Sehun-ah. When you do aegyo, Luhan hyung gets you free muffins and when I do that, I get a slap on the back of my head”

Sehun giggled, “That’s because your aegyo . And because I am the king of aegyo”

Jongin made a face, “That is not the point here. What I meant to say is you are special to him, Sehun. When Luhan needs a lift, he calls you, when Luhan craves for something, he calls you, when Luhan needs a massage, he puts his feet on your lap, hell, you are the only one who is allowed to touch Junior. Have you not noticed that?”

Sehun thought for a while, “Junior… junior responds to my touch. He calms down when I’m around.”

Jongin nodded, “Exactly my point. Even he knows you are his Appa”. Sehun shot him a look. “What? It’s the truth!” Jongin tried to play innocent. “Look buddy, point is, junior loves you, you love junior, you love junior’s father and I can assure you that junior’s father secretly loves you too. So take advantage of it and do something. Time is of essence my friend. Don’t let that go” Jongin lectured sagely.

Sehun fiddled with his chopsticks, “Are you sure I won’t be putting additional stress on Luhan hyung by asking him out?”

“Trust me, he wants you to ask him out…or even better … get married”

Before Sehun could curse the life out of his so-called best friend, his phone rang with a text. Luhan hyung.

Jongin peeked at his phone and cracked up, “That’s your chance Junior’s Appa”

Deciding to ignore him, Sehun opened his message: Sehunnie, drop by the shop before you go home J. You still need to eat that cake I made.

Sehun suddenly felt his throat go dry. He didn’t want to compromise the friendship he had with Luhan. The older boy meant the world to him. But Sehun could also get what Jongin meant. This dancing around his feelings was not healthy or normal. He needed to come to a decision and that was only possible if he talked to Luhan about it, clearly.

Looking at the text message he quickly typed an answer: Sorry I left in a hurry and forgot about the cake. Will drop by around 7. That okay?

He didn’t have to wait long for his phone buzzed with another text: :’( how could you forget about my awesome creation, Sehunnie? I’m hurt. … just kidding. It’s alright Hunnie, I know you were running late. So I’ll see you at 7. This time don’t forget about us, alright?

Sehun felt his heart skipping beats at the last line of the text: Promise won’t forget hyung. Btw, how are you feeling? Sehun kicked himself for not having asked that before.

This time the text came a little later: Sorry the shop’s full of people so I was busy. We are fine, worry wart. You just show up on time. I have to go, Hunnie. Bye.

Sehun stared at the last message for as long as he could. He didn’t like the idea of a nine months pregnant Luhan being on his feet all day, taking orders and serving the customers. But it wasn’t like he had a say in the matter. Luhan was his own person and Sehun was nobody. Besides if anything Luhan was the most stubborn human being Sehun had ever come across. With a deep sigh, Sehun prayed to keep Luhan safe and he got back to work.

---

All day Luhan’s eyes kept going back to the clock. Time seemed to go too slowly that day. He was nervous and excited. He wondered how Sehun would react to Luhan’s confession. The shop was b with customers and that kept Luhan’s mind occupied for a while as he concentrated on them and baking another cake for Sehun. His baby was surprisingly calm but that was not the case with his back. His lower back felt like it was on fire and all day he kept getting false contractions. He wished Sehun would come sooner. The younger boy had magic fingers that could massage away all the aches. At the thought of that, Luhan’s heart filled with sadness. Sehun had been taking care of him for as long as he could remember and in return Luhan only ever gave him a smile and a thank you and occasional cakes. He hoped the younger boy didn’t feel like Luhan was just using him. I will make it up to you Sehunnie, promise I will.

By the time it was 5:30 pm, Luhan felt anxious. Every passing second brought Sehun closer to him and with every passing second he felt progressively unwell. His back ached something fierce and he felt passing pains in his belly every now and then. He let Jongdae and Joonmyeon deal with the evening crowd as he got busy finishing the cake he made for Sehun. He had to stop every few minutes to hold his stomach and breathe through the pain. Why are you being like this baby? Shhh….please calm down. Luhan rubbed his belly as once again it was gripped by an intense pain. ! Sehun’s going to lecture me on taking it easy, again, Luhan thought and made a face but continued with his icing.

Luhan decided to close the shop early and once the evening regular crowd left, he shooed away his two trusted workers and put the CLOSED sign on the door. By 6:50 Luhan was a bundle of nerves. He wanted to pace but his pains stopped him from doing so. He decided to clean the already shining counter but that helped only so much. Luhan decided to get the cake and wait for Sehun.

“Shhh baby calm down, don’t hurt Baba, junior” Luhan moaned in pain as he rubbed his belly and walked to the kitchen. Something didn’t feel right. He had never felt so much pain in his entire pregnancy. At a particular strong pain, he had to lean on the wall and wait till it passed.

“Aahhh! Sehunnieee, where are you?” he groaned as his legs wobbled under him. Somehow he managed to get the cake. Luhan was almost near the table when he felt a stabbing pain in his lower back as it engulfed his entire belly. The cake dropped from his hands as he clutched his belly, crying out. That’s when he felt something trickle down his legs, something wet.

“Oh! Oh !”

---------------------------