It's (Never) Too Late

It's (Never) Too Late

 

Not everyone has the ability to see the things that’s beyond this world, ghosts, aliens, dwarfs, and the like. But don’t mind it because Park Chanyeol cannot see spirits, but he can hear the voices of those things. He can hear the things a normal person cannot.

 

He was walking happily in the corridor of his new school like he was not a new student there. Well, there’s nothing wrong with him, it’s just typical of him to smile everyday. He’s so tall and almost all of his teeth could be seen whenever he smiles widely. Others were jealous of him because he always smiles and they thought that he didn’t have any problems.

 

And because he was only new in that school, he needed to ask someone on his way to his room so that he won’t be lost. He was looking around until he spotted a short guy. He found this boy CUTE. The boy has a blonde hair, his skin was whiter than him, but of course, Chanyeol’s taller than him. He was about to ask that boy when his gaze shifted to the man behind the boy, the guy was whiter than the other one. He looked at him intently and he thought twice if his paranormal skills improved because, he didn’t know, did he just saw a ghost?

 

But that dream was not true because when the ‘ghost’ as Chanyeol thought looked at him, his eyes got bigger because he noticed that Chanyeol was staring at him. The guy looked around and that corrected Chanyeol’s conclusion.

 

Chanyeol went towards the guy and asked, “Hello! Do you know where this class is?” Chanyeol handed his copy of requirements of the things needed in his new school and where his room is to the guy.

 

The guy looked at him and said, “Follow me.”

 

“Okay!” Chanyeol smiled and followed the guy. Chanyeol was watching the guy on their way to his room until the guy turned around and pointed at the room beside them. Chanyeol looked at the room and he was a little surprised. He was puzzled because all of the students in there were staring at him and he felt like their eyes were asking him, Yah! What are you doing here?!

 

“What?! Why are they glaring at me?!” asked Chanyeol to the guy. But when he looked beside him, the guy disappeared. He looked around but he saw nothing and almost all of the students who were around him were looking at him because Chanyeol spoke by himself.

 

Chanyeol was once again confused if he really was a ghost. If it’s a ghost? Then why can I see him? Well, I can hear them but I spoke to him, too!! OMO!!! Thinking about that sent shivers on Chanyeol’s body.

 

Then he entered the room and sat where it’s vacant. He stood up to go to the bathroom but someone approached him, “You’re new here, right?” the guy asked.

 

Chanyeol smiled because he, once again, saw the cute guy he saw earlier. “Ah yes! Hello! I’m Park Chanyeol.” He introduced.

 

“Ah, I’m Byun Baekhyun. So.. you knew him?” Baekhyun asked out of the blue and you can see that he’s a little excited about it.

 

But Chanyeol didn’t know what Baekhyun was talking about, “Who’s he?”

 

“The one who accompanied you earlier to this room.” Baekhyun answered confusedly because Chanyeol didn’t know that he’s with Do Kyungsoo earlier?

 

“The one with the big eyes? The white guy?” Chanyeol’s voice went higher because of excitement. He thought Baekhyun could see ghosts and he’s happy that the possibility that he and Baekhyun can be close because of it.

 

Baekhyun was taken aback because of Chanyeol’s reaction. And because Chanyeol said that, their conversation went more interesting to both of them, “Yes, he’s Do Kyungsoo, do you know him?”

 

“Not really. I just followed him.” Chanyeol answered. “Ah, so Do Kyungsoo is his name. I wasn’t able to introduce myself earlier, and I haven’t thanked him.” Chanyeol was a little disappointed to his self.

 

The two guys talked about Kyungsoo. And Chanyeol learned that Kyungsoo can see ghosts because his eyes were big, so Chanyeol thought that he maybe hearing things because his ears are big.

 

- - - - -

 

“Bully?” Chanyeol asked when they talked about Kyungsoo.

 

Baekhyun nodded. “But Kyungsoo isn’t the only one who is being bullied, like JunMyeon.”

 

Chanyeol recalled who JunMyeon is and he could hear, the short one, “JunMyeon? The short guy?” he repeated.

 

Baekhyun’s eyes went bigger and laughed at what Chanyeol said, “Hahaha, Chanyeol, it’s not necessary to tell the world that JunMyeon is short!” Baekhyun whispered.

 

Chanyeol suddenly placed his hand on his lips and he gestured a peace sign to Baekhyun. Chanyeol looked around to make sure that JunMyeon was not around.

 

“Eh why?” Chanyeol asked Baekhyun going back to their conversation earlier.

 

“Because they said that Kyungsoo can see ghosts, and they said that Kyungsoo was once harmed by the spirits. And besides, Kyungsoo is really quiet.” You can hear in Baekhyun’s voice the concern and his pity for Kyungsoo. “I pity him; he doesn’t have someone to be with.”

 

“Really?” Chanyeol was surprised at what he heard. He hasn’t experienced having no friends in school, or even anywhere. He cannot live a day when he won’t speak.

 

“Well, he has friends before, but when one of them disappeared, they told that Kyungsoo hurt him. And they started to be rude to Kyungsoo.” Baekhyun explained.

 

“Oh? Do you know who his friend is?” Chanyeol showed an interest to Kyungsoo so Baekhyun nodded and told him who is the friend of Kyungsoo, “Jongin, Kim Jongin.”

 

“He left? Because of Kyungsoo?” Chanyeol asked.

 

“They said that.” Baekhyun shrugged and sadly said, “Jongin was his only friend.”

 

“Then why would you believe them? Maybe, it’s not true. Did Jongin tell them that?” Chanyeol was a little raged because he didn’t like it when people are judging others without enough proof.

 

“They’re the one who said those then almost everyone believed them and they were scared of Kyungsoo.” Then Chanyeol’s eyes got bigger when he realized that, “Ahh!! Is it the reason why y--“

 

“Yes.. That’s the reason why they were looking intently at you because you’re with him.” Baekhyun continued.

 

Silence filled them up because of what Baekhyun said. And Chanyeol was the one who broke it, “How about you?”

 

Baekhyun smiled and Chanyeol saw that a crystal was formed in his eyes, “I don’t want it anymore.” Baekhyun looked at his watch and stood up, “Let’s go!! Its already time.”

 

- - - - -

 

“Why don’t you tell that to Kris? Isn’t he the Student Council President?” Chanyeol asked when they talked about Kyungsoo, again. Baekhyun then thought that Chanyeol was really interested to Kyungsoo. And maybe, Chanyeol liked Kyungsoo.

 

“We did that but nothing happened because almost all of the students here are really scared of Kyungsoo.” Baekhyun said.

 

“Jongin.” Chanyeol said that made Baekhyun look at him. Chanyeol looked at him, “Where is he?”

 

Baekhyun looked straight but he shook his head because he didn’t know where Jongin went, “They said he left this town.”

 

Chanyeol nodded and laughed at himself. But silence, once again, filled their surroundings.

 

“Jongin huh.”

 

- - - - -

 

Chanyeol was playing basketball until he got tired and sat beside Kris and Baekhyun who was drinking water.

 

“Hey Chanyeol, are you going to join the basketball team?” Kris asked.

 

“Hmm? Okay, when is the try-out?” Chanyeol smiled.

 

“It’s on Saturday, 7:30 am.” Kris smiled too because Chanyeol will join. “How about you Baekhyun?”

 

Baekhyun glared at Kris, “Yah, don’t mess with me! You already knew that I don’t play basketball!” Baekhyun hissed.

 

Kris defended that he didn’t mean that way, “No! I don’t mean that way.. So, are you going to join Chen?”

 

“Ahh, the Singing Club or whatever? Will it be on Saturday too?” Baekhyun said.

 

“All of the clubbings here will be held on Saturday.” Kris said as a matter-of-factly.

 

Baekhyun nodded, “Who are your team members in basketball?” While Kris and Baekhyun were talking about the students whom Baekhyun asked, Chanyeol was thinking of the club which Kyungsoo will join in.

 

“How about Kyungsoo?” Chanyeol suddenly said which stopped the two from talking. They looked at Chanyeol. “Uhhmm, w-what club is he joining?”

 

Kris and Baekhyun just shrugged, which meant that they didn’t know. Chanyeol suddenly felt sad thinking that Kyungsoo won’t join any clubs and Baekhyun saw that, “But… but he was a member of one of the singing clubs here.”

 

Then Chanyeol smiled knowing that Kyungsoo was somewhat joining in the activities in the school. “Do you think Kyungsoo will go there in Saturday?” Chanyeol asked.

 

Baekhyun and Kris looked at each other, “No one knows.” The two shrugged.

 

“But I’ll send you a message if ever I see Kyungsoo.” Baekhyun said. Chanyeol’s face lit up hearing what Baekhyun said. “Give me your phone.”

 

Baekhyun put his number in Chanyeol’s contacts in the phone and he did the same with his. “Thank you Baekhyun.” Chanyeol smiled and Baekhyun did it too.

 

- - - - -

 

Chanyeol was walking to his home when he noticed a white thing not too far to him. He ran towards that thing and he saw Kyungsoo.

 

Kyungsoo was startled when Chanyeol clung into him. “W-w-why? I didn’t do anything!” Kyungsoo was shaking and his tears were about to fall.

 

Chanyeol saw this so he let go of Kyungsoo’s arm; he didn’t want anyone cry because of him, “Waah! No! Don’t cry! I won’t hurt you. Sorry, sorry. Don’t cry.” Chanyeol panicked.

 

“Wait, it’s okay. I won’t cry; you just scared me.” Kyungsoo said when he saw that Chanyeol was overreacting.

 

“I’m sorry I scared you.” Chanyeol gave Kyungsoo a smile and a peace sign. “Ah, I am Park Chanyeol. You are Do Kyungsoo, right?” Chanyeol stretched his long arm to shake hands with the boy in front of him.

 

“Mmm.. you must heard it.” Kyungsoo bowed his head and sighed.

 

“Yes I did.” Chanyeol smiled but Kyungsoo turned around and walked away. “Wait up! Baekhyun is my friend!!” Chanyeol shouted.

 

Then Kyungsoo suddenly stopped walking and he nodded. Chanyeol saw that Kyungsoo smiled but also, he knew that that smile was a painful one.

 

“I want us to be friend, Do Kyungsoo.” Chanyeol looked at Kyungsoo.

 

“You don’t have to do that.” Kyungsoo said coldly and ran away from Chanyeol. Chanyeol tried to run after Kyungsoo but he disappeared. They sighed.

 

- - - - -

 

One afternoon, Chanyeol went to a mall and he saw Baekhyun in the Vegetabe Section. And he can see on Baekhyun’s face that he’s really serious in picking vegetables and then he suddenly thought of surprising and scaring Baekhyun.

 

He slowly walked towards Baekhyun and went closer on Baekhyun’s back, “Bbbbwaaa!!!!” he scared Baekhyun.

 

Baekhyun was startled that the vegetable he was holding fell. Baekhyun held his chest because of nervousness and Chanyeol laughed his out, Uwwaa, he’s so cute.

 

“Argh! Chanyeol! You almost killed me!” Baekhyun hit Chanyeol on his arms and he pouted.

 

Chanyeol then pouted and touched the skin Baekhyun hit, “That hurts.”

 

“It’s your fault! Don’t do that again!” Baekhyun glared at Chanyeol because he got scared.

 

“I’m sorry.” Chanyeol then picked up the vegetable which fell from Baekhyun’s hands and handed it Baekhyun again. Chanyeol smiled and his feelings soothed when he saw Baekhyun’s smile, meaning that Baekhyun was not angry at him anymore. “What are you buying?” Chanyeol asked while looking at Baekhyun’s grocery list.

 

“There’s still more, I just came here.” Baekhyun said while looking at his grocery list, “How about you, why are you here?”

 

Chanyeol thought about it and said, “Nothing. I don’t know what to do in our house. Then I went here and saw you…”

 

Baekhyun looked at Chanyeol and smiled. And Chanyeol’s cheeks flushed, “L-l-let me help you!”

 

Baekhyun looked at Chanyeol again because he was not sure if he heard the right thing. “Can I see that?” Chanyeol asked and Baekhyun handed Chanyeol the list. “Let’s go? So that we’ll finish earlier.” Chanyeol then held the cart which Baekhyun was holding.

 

“Hey wait, maybe you have something else to do! I can handle! I’ll do it. Chanyeol!” Baekhyun ran after Chanyeol who’s walking with his long strands.

 

“Nah, I have nothing to do.” Chanyeol insisted.

 

“Then why did you want to finish earlier?” Baekhyun asked. Chanyeol smiled and answered, “We’re going out.” and continued walking.

 

It took time for Baekhyun to sink in him what Chanyeol said, “What did you say?” Baekhyun ran after and stopped Chanyeol from walking.

 

“Uhmm.” Chanyeol laughed nervously, “If it’s okay with you, let’s hang out!” Chanyeol smiled widely but it soon disappeared when he realized, “Wait, do you something else to do?!”

 

Baekhyun stared at Chanyeol while thinking. Chanyeol was confused at what Baekhyun was doing and he suddenly felt conscious at himself because Baekhyun’s eyes were melting him. Chanyeol’s cheeks flushed red and he looked anywhere but Baekhyun, “Baek! Answer me, do you still have something to do?”

 

Suddenly, Baekhyun woke up in his thoughts and said, “Okay, okay! Let’s go.”

 

“But you don’t have to force yourself if you still have somethi---“

 

“No. I’ll go with you. Let’s go now before I change my mind.” Baekhyun said and suddenly, Chanyeol worked fast to pick the things Baekhyun needed.

 

After they bought all the things that are on the list, they decided to bring the things in Baekhyun’s home first so that it won’t be that hard to walk and it won’t interrupt them.

 

“Baekhyun, where are your parents?” Chanyeol asked when they arrived at Baekhyun’s house.

 

“I think my mom’s in the kitchen. Just wait here and I’ll give these to her.” Baekhyun picked up the things they bought. Chanyeol then walked closer to help Baekhyun when he accidentally held Baekhyun’s hand instead of the handles of the bags. Chanyeol felt weird and electricity running all throughout his body. Baekhyun stared at him and Chanyeol flushed red, “Ahhh.. l-l-let me h-help you.” Chanyeol cursed because he just stuttered.

 

“T-thanks.” Baekhyun smiled and told Chanyeol to follow him.

 

Before going in the kitchen, they heard a soft voice coming from there and Chanyeol felt that he wanted to sleep. And he missed his mother’s voice.

 

Chanyeol looked at Baekhyun who’s holding his head, “Does your head hurt?” Chanyeol was worried.

 

“No, my heart and body hurt.” Baekhyun said mindlessly and Chanyeol went silent.

 

“W-what?” Chanyeol asked, thinking if he heard the right thing. And they can still hear Baekhyun’s mother’s soft voice.

 

“A-a.. haha. No. my head hurts… and it’s my mother, let’s go in.” Baekhyun opened the door and the voice suddenly stopped.

 

“Baekhyun! You’re here, did something happen? Does y-- oh, you’re with someone. Hi!” Baekhyun’s mother greeted.

 

“Hi, I’m Park Chanyeol.” Chanyeol introduced himself and smiled. He put the things they bought on the table.

 

“Ah Baek, where’s your brother?” Baekhyun’s mother asked worriedly.

 

“I-I don’t know.” Baekhyun bowed his head.

 

Baekhyun’s mother suddenly put her arms on her waist and interrogated Baekhyun, “Meaning, you didn’t call your brother to help you in buying all these things?” Baekhyun’s mother was raged.

 

“But Chanyeol helped me so I thought I didn’t have to call him anymore.” Baekhyun explained.

 

But still, Baekhyun’s mother scolded him, “Would you call your brother if Chanyeol didn’t come?” hearing this, Chanyeol sensed that Baekhyun’s mother was really worried and scared.

 

Baekhyun didn’t say a word.

 

“Answer me Byun Baekhyun!!” Baekhyun’s mother shouted which scared Chanyeol. She noticed that and apologized to Chanyeol before leaving the kitchen.

 

Baekhyun looked at the ground, “Settle this with your mother. Let’s just hang out next time.” Chanyeol considered. He rubbed Baekhyun’s back to show that he cared. Baekhyun then looked at Chanyeol. “Talk to your mom. There’re so many next time.” Chanyeol assured.

 

Baekhyun smiled with sadness, “Yeah, there’re so many next time. I’ll walk you home.”

 

“Ha? No, it’s fine. Just talk to your mother, she’s angry.” Chanyeol insisted.

 

Baekhyun was about to fight back but Chanyeol cut him off, “No. I can handle myself. And besides, your mother is more important at what I’ll tell you. Just tell her that her voice is good.” Chanyeol bid goodbye.

 

“Okay, take care.” Baekhyun felt a little shy.

 

“Be sure to clear a misunderstanding. And take care of your parents.” Chanyeol patted Baekhyun’s head. “Tomorrow! Clubbings will be held tomorrow! I’ll go with you, wait for me!”

 

Baekhyun smiled but you can see that it has this sadness and regret in it.

 

Baekhyun went in the house after Chanyeol left and he saw that his mother was standing in the living room, ready to scold Baekhyun.

 

“Byun Baekhyun.” His mother said harshly.

 

“M-Ma! Chanyeol, hehe.” Baekhyun tried to change his mother’s mood.

 

“Where is he? Did he go home?” she asked and Baekhyun nodded.

 

“Yes, he’s my classmate. And he said that your voice is good.” Baekhyun was supposed to go to his room but his mother called him.

 

“Byun Baekhyun, let’s talk.” She said while her hands were placed on her sides.

 

Baekhyun sat on the couch and he invited her mother to sit down too.

 

“Are you planning to call your brother to help you?” she asked worriedly.

 

“But Chanyeol was there.” Baekhyun answered smiling at his mother.

 

“But what if Chanyeol was not there?” she asked him.

 

“But he was there!” Baekhyun reasoned.

 

“What if he was not there, would you still call your brother?” she convinced Baekhyun to answer her.

 

“But I can do it alone…” Baekhyun tried to smile.

 

And his mother’s heart fell when she saw that smile, “Baekhyun…”

 

“Mom… I am not weak. I’m fine!” Baekhyun said. He didn’t want to hear it. He never wanted to know.

 

“But you know your sickness Baekhyun…” his mother sighed and a lump was forming in .

 

“No Mom. I’m not weak.” Baekhyun cleared that to his mother. He still have this hope that the doctor’s findings about his health was false.

 

“Baek--“

 

“I can do that mom! Even though Chanyeol was not there, even if my brother was not there!” Baekhyun’s voice went high because he didn’t want to feel that he cannot do anything for his health anymore. Because lupus was slowly weakening his body.

 

“Baekhyun, we need to be careful.” Her voice was shaking; afraid that she’ll soon lose the one who makes her family laugh and smile.

 

“Mom, I don’t want to be weak. Well yes, let’s say that I am weak but please, please don’t make me feel that way because I always think that I don’t have a purpose anymore; that I cannot help you.” Baekhyun said while tears started to fall from his eyes.

 

She walked closer to Baekhyun and wiped his tears away, “Have you bought the vitamins that you needed?” she snuggled him closer. Baekhyun nodded.

 

- - -

 

“Chanyeol.” His mother suddenly said.

 

Baekhyun looked at his mother, “Why? What’s with Chanyeol?” Baekhyun’s mother smiled meaningfully at him and Baekhyun knew that, “Hoho. No mom, Chanyeol’s my friend.” Baekhyun cleared to his mother.

 

“Then why are you with him? Did you two had a date?” she .

 

“Mom!” Baekhyun’s body felt hot because of what his mother said, “Mom, Chanyeol is only a friend, he saw me in the vegetable section and helped me with the groceries. That’s all. It’s a coincidence.” Baekhyun explained.

 

She stood up and said, “He’s your friend, FOR NOW.” and proceeded to the kitchen to cook dinner.

 

Baekhyun just shook his head and smiled at what his mother said. But it slowly disappeared when he felt that the thing they should have talked about earlier was KYUNGSOO, AGAIN. “Friend. I’m only a friend to him.”

 

- - - - -

 

Chanyeol left Baekhyun’s house and he was a little disappointed because he didn’t had a chance to tell Baekhyun that he saw Kyungsoo yesterday. And he cannot erase Kyungsoo’s reaction when he heard Baekhyun’s name.

 

It’s fine. There’s still a next time, he heard.

 

He sighed and complained, “Why don’t you just tell me?!! Just let Kyungsoo see you!!”

 

Sorry, he heard.

 

Chanyeol closed his eyes, “Tsk.. Jongin, seriously.”

 

- - - - -

 

Chanyeol looked for Baekhyun around the campus. After the thing that has happened in Baekhyun’s house, Baekhyun haven’t texted him.

 

“Chanyeol!” Kris called him with his friends and walked towards his direction.

 

“Uh Kris!” Chanyeol greeted them.

 

“Let’s go! Try-out will be starting. It’s good that we found you here.” Kris patted Chanyeol’s shoulder.

 

Chanyeol smiled at Kris’s companion, “I’’m Park Chanyeol.” He introduced and the others did the same too. It’s Sehun and YiXing.

 

After the try-out, they changed into their appropriate clothes.

 

“Uh Kris, have you seen Baekhyun. I haven’t seen him around.” Asked Chanyeol who’s looking for Baekhyun since he got in their school.

 

“Uh no. But maybe they’re in the music room, some of the clubs are hel--“ Kris didn’t finish his sentence because Chanyeol ran away.

 

“Wow! Have you seen Kim JunMyeon? He passed the try-out!” Sehun said, changing the topic. “He’s good, even though he’s short.”

 

“There you are again, stop teasing him. He’s small but terrible bu-“ Kris stopped at what he’s saying because Sehun was looking at him meaningfully while YiXing was laughing. “Aish, Sehun! Don’t look at me like that!” Kris scolded Sehun’s gaze.

 

“Oops, I’m not saying or doing anything to you!” Sehun defended himself while laughing.

 

“But your face says it all!” Kris almost shouted and his cheeks were flushing.

 

“My face? Or your heart says it all?” Sehun teased and ran afterwards. Kris ran after him so YiXing was left while scratching his head.

 

- - - - -

 

Chanyeol didn’t finish Kris’s sentence beause he saw Kyungsoo going somewhere and he have to talk to Kyungsoo.

 

“Wait up! Kyungsoo!!” Chanyeol shouted but Kyungsoo didn’t hear it so he continued on walking.

 

Chanyeol used his long legs to reach Kyungsoo’s arms. He held it and panted, “Kyungsoo…”

 

Kyungsoo’s eyes got bigger again when he saw the guy who scared him yesterday, “It’s you again.” You can hear in Kyungsoo’s voice the irritation he felt that Chanyeol was always trying to talk to him.

 

“Hehe.. hello.” Chanyeol waved his hand even though he was tired.

 

“Tsk.. here, take this.” Kyungsoo handed Chanyeol a handkerchief but Chanyeol shook his head.

 

“Anii! There’s no need. I’m fine.” Chanyeol smiled and stood up straight. “Don’t worry, I have my handke-- argh! I forgot it in the bathroom! Yes, hehe. Thank you.” Chanyeol then accepted Kyungsoo’s handkerchief and he wiped the sweat out of his face, “Ahhh, I’ll just change this.”

 

“Ah no! I’ll just wash it!!” suddenly, Kyungsoo snatched his handkerchief from Chanyeol and Chanyeol was a little surprised at Kyungsoo’s reaction. “I-I.. mine.” Kyungsoo’s voice fell down when he realized that he somewhat raised his voice; he overreacted.

 

Chanyeol smiled and understood Kyungsoo, “Where are you going?” he followed Kyungsoo to his walking.

 

“Anywhere.” Kyungsoo answered coldly.

 

And Chanyeol just smiled at that, “What club are you joining?”

 

“I-I don’t know.” Kyungsoo looked at the ground.

 

“Baekhyun told me you are good at singing. It’s held in the music room. Are you going there? I’ll go there too! Let’s walk together!” Chanyeol said non-stop.

 

Kyungsoo smiled but Chanyeol knew that it’s not real, “O-okay. uhm. Chanyeol, right?” Chanyeol nodded and smiled. “Uhm, you knew me right? I’m Do Kyungsoo… so, why are you still here?”

 

“Huh? Uhm, I went to the try-out for basketball and I’m looking for Baekhyun.” Chanyeol answered innocently.

 

Kyungsoo laughed at what Chanyeol said, “No, what I mean is, why are you here, with me? You’re walking with me even though I’m like this.” Kyungsoo explained.

 

“Why? Is there something wrong with you?” Chanyeol asked Kyungsoo.

 

“B-because I’m different.” Kyungsoo stuttered.

 

“So what? That doesn’t mean you’re different, there’s something wrong with you. What’s your difference from the other students here in our school? You’re a person, right? Unless, you’re a ghost.” Chanyeol pointed out which made Kyungsoo smile.

 

Kyungsoo laughed, “I can see ghosts!!”

 

“Well, you can see ghosts because your eyes are big. So that just means that I can hear spirits because I have big ears?” Chanyeol said.

 

- - - - -

 

He can hear the sweet melody of the music coming from the instruments around him. He wanted to sing but he’s still waiting for someone. He’s hoping that he’ll come anytime soon. But two hours passed, nothing came even a little shadow of him. And the hope in his heart disappeared.

 

He voiced his heart out by singing. A song which told what he’s feeling inside. He could feel the pain; the pain that he was not there for him anymore; the truth that the one he loved loves someone else.

 

“Luhan!!” Baekhyun called from afar after Luhan performed his audition piece.

 

“Baekhyun…” Luhan greeted with pain in his heart.

 

“Your song is… oh my gosh. It hurts!!” Baekhyun tried to lighten up the mood but Luhan was really disappointed.

 

“Because I waited for nothing. How about you, why are you still here?” Luhan said emotionlessly.

 

“Ah, they haven’t called me yet.” Baekhyun said lively and he smiled but it’s awkward.

 

“Then why don’t you get a registration form there so that you can perform your piece. You’re waiting for someone, right?” Luhan said which made Baekhyun shut his mouth up. But Baekhyun tried to smile so Luhan won’t know what he’s feeling inside; he’s hopeless.

 

“Of course not. I just came here!” Baekhyun lied because he was waiting there for 2 hours for Chanyeol.

 

“You cannot lie to me Baek. Before I came here, you’re already in this room. I saw you.” Luhan said which made Baekhyun look at the ground because of shame.

 

“Let’s go. Don’t wait for him because he won’t be coming.” Luhan said. Baekhyun felt the sadness of feeling of loneliness. But he still believed that Chanyeol will come there because they will hang out after he hears Baekhyun sing, like what they’ve planned yesterday. “If he’ll come, he shouldn’t make you wait for more than 2 hours. Let’s go.”

 

Baekhyun went to the Seniors to get a registration form. And they sat in front with the other students who’ll try.

 

“I know that you’ll sing a happy song. But if I were you, I won’t pretend that I am happy if the real feeling inside me is sadness and disappointment. If you cannot tell it to the people around you, you can just let them hear it.” Luhan said without sparing him a glance.

 

He hugged Luhan from his side. Luhan shifted his position so that he could soothe the pain his cousin was feeling inside. “Bitter much huh.” Baekhyun broke the silence and so that he won’t cry because he’s afraid that Luhan will think that he’s weak. “Aish. Now you infected me! Where the hell is Sehun?!”

 

“Tss, I will peel his skin off the moment I see that b*tch.” Luhan said and Baekhyun just laughed at how fierce Luhan was but you cannot hide your true feelings. So that smile disappeared afterwards.

 

- - - - -

 

And now, standing in front of their building, they were smiling at each other and they’re starting to understand each other after an hour of conversing with one another.

 

“I guess we took a long time. Baekhyun is wait--“

 

Chanyeol’s eyes got bigger, he forgot about Baekhyun, “Oh noes! He’s waiting for more than an hour there!” Chanyeol was worried.

 

“Then go to him now so that he won’t be mad at you.” Kyungsoo was worried too.

 

“Let’s go!” Chanyeol held Kyungsoo’s hand. He was about to run but Kyungsoo’s feet were glued to the floor, “Wait? Why am I coming with you two?”

 

“You should audition there. Your voice is beautiful.”  Kyungsoo didn’t say anything anymore because he cannot stop Chanyeol from dragging him in the music room.

 

They were both panting when they reached the music room. They looked at each other and laughed at themselves before entering the room.

 

“Where is Baekhyun..” Chanyeol looked around the music room; at the people sitting on the chairs, at the people standing at the side, at the people watching, at the people in the registration lane, at the people who were practicing their piece and at the stage. “Baekhyun!!!”

 

Exactly when he called Baekhyun, Baekhyun stepped off the stage and hugged the guy beside him. He saw in Baekhyun’s lips and eyes the happiness he’s feeling inside while hugging the guy who was hugging Baekhyun also. They were happy in each other’s arms.

 

And it was like a knife was stabbed at his heart that he stepped backwards which caused him to step on Kyungsoo’s foot. “Sorry…” he mumbled. He cannot catch his breath because his heart was beating so fast and it gave his chest an uncomfortable feeling.

 

“Are you okay?” Kyungsoo asked when he saw that Chanyeol went pale and he was close to crying. But Chanyeol just went outside the room, and Kyungsoo followed. He was a little worried that Chanyeol acted that way.“Ch--“

 

“I’m okay. Get a registration form now.” Chanyeol forced a smile but the thing he just saw was so painful, enough for Kyungsoo’s big eyes to see this.

 

Kyungsoo just nodded and told that Chanyeol could hang out and to not wait for him anymore because many people were auditioning. Chanyeol stood there, waiting to calm his self.

 

You don’t know everything Chanyeol. Go. He heard.

 

When his feelings calmed, he peeked at the door to look at Baekhyun and if he was still with… that person. And he was not wrong; Baekhyun was still with the pretty guy.

 

He was about to turn around when someone bumped into him, “Ah, Sehun.”

 

Mmm Chanyeol, why aren’t you entering the room? Are you auditioning?” Sehun asked and Chanyeol shook his head. “Then why are you here? Let’s go in!” Sehun invited. Chanyeol looked at Sehun and nodded.

 

- - - - -

 

“O, are you going home?” Luhan asked Baekhyun after they broke the hug.

 

Baekhyun looked at his surroundings but, he really was disappointed in waiting for Chanyeol, “Uhmm, how about Sehun?”

 

Luhan pouted; he lost hope that Sehun would still be coming, “Just a little bit.” Luhan smiled and Baekhyun laughed because their feelings were the same.

 

They waited for minutes and looked for the ones they were waiting for to come in the music room. They looked around. Luhan stopped searching when he spotted the one. He held Baekhyun’s hand because Sehun was walking towards them with another guy. Baekhyun looked at the owner of the hand who held him. And he saw Luhan looking at somewhere. He looked at where Luhan was glaring and he stopped because he also saw the one.

 

“Lulu! Sorry!! I’m so late!” Sehun approached Luhan but Luhan just glared at Sehun.

 

“For two hours Sehun?” Luhan cursed and looked like he was about to kill someone at Chanyeol.

 

“Ah, Baekhyun, I’m sorry.” Chanyeol said feeling so down.

 

Baekhyun looked anywhere at Chanyeol but not in his eyes because his chest was tightening.

 

“Ah, is he the one you are waiting for?” Luhan asked when he learned that Chanyeol was the one with Sehun.

 

“Sorry Baek. I made you wait for so long.” Chanyeol was guilty.

 

“I don’t know if we can forgive you now. But because you’ve made us wait for more than 2 hours, can we go home now?” Luhan was raged. He thought that he can control it but obviously, he failed.

 

“Wait Luhan, please hear me. We went to the gym and try-o---“

 

“For two hours Sehun? Is there a try-out which costs 2 hours?” Luhan cut Sehun off.

 

“Luhan.. Just hear me please! Me! I have an explanation. I just don’t know with Chanyeol.” Sehun’s selfishness showed and it surprised Chanyeol. And because of what Sehun said, Luhan and Baekhyun looked at Chanyeol.

 

Chanyeol looked at Sehun with a little disappointment. He explained, “Uhm, I was with Kyungsoo. And he’ll be auditioning here too.”

 

Because of what Chanyeol said, Baekhyun was not surprised. But still, even though he was used to Chanyeol leaving him because of Kyungsoo, his feelings hurt. What the is with two hours. But Baekhyun just nodded and smiled so that Chanyeol won’t know that he was not fine with it.

 

Luhan nodded because he saw Baekhyun, “Sehun, explain.”

 

Sehun looked at Luhan and smiled, “Dad sent me a message that Mom delivered a baby girl! And I teased Kris so he ran after me.” Sehun continued.

 

Suddenly, Luhan’s face lit up and walked closer to Sehun, “Really? How are they?”

 

“Let’s go to the hospital!” Sehun held Luhan’s hand and went out the music room. And Chanyeol and Baekhyun were left.

 

Chanyeol looked at Baekhyun and Baekhyun looked at Chnayeol.

 

Baekhyun’s heart pounded quickly, “Ah, so let’s go?” Baekhyun smiled and invited Chanyeol.

 

Chanyeol then gave Baekhyun a smile but, “Can we wait for Kyungsoo first? You should hear his voice, it’s really beautiful!” Chanyeol said excitedly.

 

Baekhyun’s face fell, “Ahhh, yes. His voice is good. Wait, you’ve heard it?” Baekhyun asked.

 

Chanyeol smiled sweetly, “Yes! A while ago. After our try-out, I saw him. I ran after him and asked him what club he is joining. I convinced him to join here and I made him say yes. He’ll join here so I volunteered to give him a feedback to his voice. But promise; it’s so good!!” Chanyeol was fanboying over Kyungsoo.

 

But Baekhyun felt jealous towards Kyungsoo. Because Chanyeol will hear Kyungsoo’s voice for the second time, while Chanyeol didn’t manage to ask him what song did he sang. But he stopped it because he didn’t have any right to be jealous, Chanyeol was not his. But again, he smiled, “Really? That’s good that he talked to you.”

 

“Yup! But yesterday we didn’t talk, right? After I left your house, I saw him. I followed him and I introduced myself to him but he didn’t want to talk to me yesterday. But I’m really happy because he talked to me and we’re friends!!”  

 

Baekhyun wanted to cry because of Chanyeol’s stupidity. And it’s God’s mercy that Kris arrived. “Hey, you’re here?” Kris greeted them.

 

Chanyeol asked, “Mmm! Kyungsoo is auditioning, his voice is really good! We’re waiting for him, how about you?” Chanyeol said and really, Baekhyun wanted to kill Chanyeol and chop him into pieces.

 

“Nothing. I’ll just come with you guys. Besides, I don’t have anything to do.” And Kris sat beside Chanyeol. “Wait, did I just hear the right thing? Kyungsoo? You TWO are waiting for him?” Kris asked like it was an impossible thing to happen.

 

Chanyeol nodded innocently, “Yes! Why not? He’s happy to be with and easy to get along with. And his voice is really really good. Is he competing in contests before?” Chanyeol was again, interested in Kyungsoo’s life.

 

“Ahh, yes. He’s with Chen, Luhan and him, Baekhyun. You’re best friends with Kyungsoo right?” Kris said and Baekhyun gave Kris a look.

 

Chanyeol looked at Baekhyun confusedly, “Best friends? Baekhyun and Kyungsoo?”

 

“Well, that’s before. But maybe, right now, you are his best friend because even though you are a new student here and you’ve heard enough of Kyungsoo, you still want to be friends with him. And you Baekhyun, even though you almost died before, you didn’t stay away from him. But the thing is, he was the one who stayed away from you.” Kris explained and Baekhyun was now attending Kris’s funeral in his mind for his insensitivity.

 

“Almost died? Why? Baekhyun?” Chanyeol became worried because of what he just learned and Baekhyun didn’t tell him anything of it.

 

“Kris is just exaggerating, I’m not dying. It’s just they always did franks at me. But that was before; he stayed away, right?” Baekhyun explained.

 

Yet Kris added, “Serious franks, as in serious that you won’t call it a frank anymore, torture. It’s torture!”

 

“A-are you fine now?” Chanyeol moved closer to Baekhyun and he held Baekhyun’s arm like Baekhyun was so fragile. Well, to be honest, Baekhyun really was.

 

“Tss, as I said, that was a long long time ago. I’m fine now. No bruises!” Baekhyun shoved Chanyeol’s hand and looked at Kris who was smiling. And Baekhyun was curious, “Kris, what’s your problem?”

 

Kris then answered, “Nothing. At least, you have someone to be with now. Unlike before, it’s plainly us.”

 

Chanyeol was once again confused because of the things he was hearing now, he didn’t know that Baekhyun was left alone before, “What was that? Why? Are you alone before?” Chanyeol asked non-stop.

 

“Kyungsoo, Baekhyun, Jongin. Jongin was so popular before, then he suddenly disappeared and they accused Kyungsoo about that. Kyungsoo was treated like he was a monster and they were telling Baekhyun to stay away because they’re afraid that Kyungsoo may hurt him too. But Baekhyun didn’t stay away, so they just hurt him.” Kris explained. “And they just stopped when they discovered that Baekhyun h---“

 

“KRIS!” Baekhyun stopped Kris from telling things anymore. Kris and Chanyeol were startled because of Baekhyun’s shout. “Enough. That’s enough. He didn’t have to know THAT anymore. It’s not important.” Kris was about to object but Baekhyun stood up, “Kris, I would be the one to tell him that so just shut your ing mouth up.” And Baekhyun left the music room.

 

Chanyeol started to become worried because of Baekhyun’s actions, “What was that Kris?”

 

“He just said that he should be the one to tell you that, right? I’ll shut my ing mouth up.” Kris reminded.

 

Chanyeol looked outside the room and to Kyungsoo. Kris noticed this so he suggested, “I would be the one to follow Baekhyun. I will apologize too and Kyungsoo is more comfortable with you so just stay here, okay?” Kris considered and Chanyeol thanked him.

 

Kris went to Baekhyun, “Baekhyun…”

 

“Kris, why do you have to tell that to Chanyeol?!” Baekhyun asked as if he was complaining.

 

“Why? Nothing will be gone from you.” Kris explained.

 

“Kris you won’t understand. Kyungsoo doesn’t want me anymore. If others want to talk about the past, let him talk. So I would know when he’ll be ready.” Baekhyun said, wiping his tears.

 

“It’s Kyungsoo again. How about you Baekhyun? You’ll be worrying about others than yourself again.” Kris scolded Baekhyun.

 

“There’s nothing wrong with that.” Baekhyun said.

 

“Yes there is, Baekhyun. You are dying yet you are still giving YOUR opportunity to be happy to someone else.” Kris said which killed Baekhyun from deep inside, “I really did say that because I know that I am right.” Kris continued, explaining why he said that.

 

“Kris…” Baekhyun sobbed and was crying.

 

“Baekhyun...” And Kris hugged Baekhyun. “Please think for yourself too. I really sympathize you, tell it to Chanyeol.”

 

“I don’t want, I’m afraid he’ll leave me too.” Baekhyun shook his head.

 

“What? Look at Kyungsoo, Chanyeol is not staying away from him, instead, he’s following him.” Kris explained.

 

“It’s not the same. He likes Kyungsoo. How about me? He likes me because he wants to know everything about Kyungsoo.” Baekhyun said.

 

“Baekhyun, you know that Chanyeol is not that kind of person.” Kris defended Chanyeol.

 

“I don’t know Kris, I don’t know now. I’ve waited for more than 2 hours for him then all I would know is that he’s with Kyungsoo. It hurts, and now, he’s making me wait for Kyungsoo. Wait. I cannot wait forever for him Kris. I am dying. I once thought that we have our ‘us,’ but… it was just really my illusion, my stupidity.” Baekhyun admitted.

 

Kris expected that to Baekhyun; he loves Chanyeol, so he just said, “Then look for someone else.”

 

Baekhyun shook his head, “I will die soon. I don’t have enough time.” Baekhyun said, almost feeling nothing anymore.

 

“That’s it. You are dying, you still deserve to be happy.” Kris said.

 

“I’m happy Kris, whenever I’m with him. That’s better than not having him by my side.” Baekhyun said but Kris just sighed. If you are happy, then why are you crying right now?

 

- - - - -

 

One hour of waiting for Chanyeol, Baekhyun was looking around the park but he’s not moving an inch.

 

“Hey! You’re so late!!” Baekhyun shouted at Chanyeol.

 

“Aish, sorry, I talked with them.” Chanyeol apologized.

 

“Tss, Kyungsoo again!! Haixt! Aissh!! You’re lucky, today’s your birthday!!” Baekhyun tried to punch Chanyeol but Chanyeol was fast enough to dodge it. “O here! Happy birthday!” and Baekhyun handed his gift to Chanyeol who blushed.

 

“Really? You have a gift for me?” Chanyeol was close to crying.

 

“No, I don’t have. This is not for you.” And Baekhyun snatched the gift from Chanyeol but Chanyeol snatched it from Baekhyun too.

 

“No! Mine! Thank you!” Chanyeol gave thanks, “Let’s go..”

 

“Where are we going?” Baekhyun asked when he noticed that he didn’t know where they were walking to.

 

“Ah, in the cemetery.” Chanyeol said while smiling.

 

Baekhyun’s eyes got bigger, “Why?”

 

“My parents are there.” Chanyeol said.

 

And Baekhyun knew what it meant so he apologized, “Sorry.”

 

Chanyeol smiled and held Baekhyun’s hand, “It’s okay. Let’s go.”

 

- - - - -

 

“Yah! We’re here! Wooh! There’re so many!!” Chanyeol entered the cemetery happily and lively.

 

“So many what?” Baekhyun asked confusedly to what Chanyeol was talking about.

 

Chanyeol smiled and told Baekhyun, “Ghosts, there, beside you.”

 

“Kyaaa!!” Baekhyun moved closer to Chanyeol.

 

“Hahha. No, I am just kidding. But kidding aside, I cannot see spirits but I can hear them. And it’s not hallucination, I’ve proven that.” Chanyeol laughed and they stopped in front of a grave, of course. “Okay, sorry for that. Let’s go. Hi Mom. Dad. This is Baekhyun.” Chanyeol greeted his parents.

 

“Hello. I’m Byun Baekhyun.” Baekhyun bowed to Chanyeol’s parents and he suddenly felt like he would cry.

 

"I was still 10 years old when they left. And my brother, he’s only a year old…” Chanyeol talked about his parents and his life. and Baekhyun listened to him willingly.

 

"Sorry.” Baekhyun felt a little guilty because he made Chanyeol to tell him his story.

 

"It’s okay. Because I can hear them and I’m happy because of that. I always close my eyes and there, I feel that they’re still with me.” Chanyeol them closed his eyes.

 

“I… wish. I can hear them. Or if I cannot, I wish they could hear me. I want to thank them because they brought you to this world. Without you, I am lonely and sad. But I’m lucky because you are here, and I am happy. Thank you Chanyeol.” Baekhyun said. Then Chanyeol opened his eyes and the first thing he saw was… Baekhyun’s smile.

 

Chanyeol sighed heavily and he bowed his head. He closed his eyes again and touched Baekhyun’s face. Baekhyun was confused at what Chanyeol was doing, “Chanyeol?”

 

“Don’t move, let me remember and memorize your face.” And Chanyeol explored every inch of Baekhyun’s face, “I don’t want to forget this beautiful face of yours.”

 

Then Baekhyun held Chanyeol’s hands, “Chanyeol, what are you doing?”

 

“I will be blind Baekhyun.” Chanyeol smiled and Baekhyun broke. “And I want to memorize your face, so that I won’t forget this. Please let me.”

 

Baekhyun was surprised at what Chanyeol said, he bowed his head and hugged Chanyeol, “Let me… let me be your eyes. Park Chanyeol.”

 

Then Chanyeol opened his eyes and asked Baekhyun lovingly, “So you’ll marry me?!”

 

Baekhyun was startled and his cheeks began to flush red, “W-what are you saying?!”

 

“Mom! Dad! Did you hear that? He’ll marry me!” Chanyeol said happily. “Because you’ll be my eyes so you should always be by my side and for you to do that, you should marry me. Let’s get married!” Chanyeol said which made Baekhyun’s heart beat faster and Baekhyun’s cheeks flushed redder. “Mom, Dad. It’s my birthday. Happy birthday to me! Please look after us. Thank you because I am happy.”

 

- - - - -

 

“Uwwahhh!!” Baekhyun said when he saw a painting of Paris.

 

"You like that? Paris?” Chanyeol asked because Baekhyun was happy seeing that painting.

 

"Huh? No. Not really. I’m just really happy right now.” Because you’re with me Baekhyun said.

 

"Uwaahh.. This.. butterflies, I love this.” and Chanyeol started to fanboy over the beautiful painting of butterflies, “Do you like it too?” Chanyeol asked Baekhyun.

 

"Yes. I like it.” and Baekhyun smiled. A sweet one. to Chanyeol. And to the butterflies.

 

Chanyeol saw it and he felt something, ohoho, he likes it.. the butterflies. Not me. Okay, sorry, I’m assuming. My feels.

 

“Ah Chanyeol, when did you start hearing voices or whatever you call it of the spirits?” Baekhyun suddenly asked.

 

"Huh? Uhm, I think when my parents died. I was curious that time, the afterlife, because of them. But I don’t want to die yet.” Chanyeol laughed.

 

"Ahh, before I wanted to die.” Baekhyun started. He was about to tell Chanyeol about his sickness when Chanyeol said, “Wah! No! I will be sad! As in super. Not now please.” And Chanyeol pouted.

 

Baekhyun cursed under his breath and decided not to tell Chanyeol about it yet. He looked at Chanyeol and said, “But now, I don’t want to die anymore because you came into my life. I am happy, before, I was not. Haha.”

 

“Please no. promises me. Don’t die yet.” Chanyeol held Baekhyun’s hands and squeezed it, “You know, I will cry.” Chanyeol pouted.

 

“W-why?” Baekhyun wanted to laugh because Chanyeol was telling the truth, he was about to cry. And because he wanted to hide his feelings, his feeling that he wanted to cry, because he will be gone, soon. But still, he didn’t know how to tell Chanyeol about it.

 

"I don’t want you to leave.” Chanyeol said.

 

"Me too.” Baekhyun smiled… but, even now, you’re slowly disappearing before my eyes. And it hurts, I want a hug.” Baekhyun said and Chanyeol smiled and hugged Baekhyun. And their hearts were beating loudly.

 

Is this it? Love? Ma? Pa? Chanyeol thought while Baekhyun was so close to him.

 

And when Chanyeol arrived in their house,

 

OMO! I’m so excited to open Baehyun’s gift for me! And he started to unwrap Baekhyun’s gift. And he hugged it. Ahh!! Pillow! He also kissed it, gya! I feel like I’m a girl. OMO! He hugged me! He’s so soft! Just like this pillow! Kyaa! I wish he is this pillow. I promise you! Mom! Dad! I will marry the one who gave me this pillow!!

 

And that’s all for Chanyeol’s fanboying over Baekhun.

 

- - - - -

 

“What… you’re not going to stay away from me?” Kyungsoo said one day after he was being bullied by the other students in the school, again.

 

Chanyeol was then confused, so he asked, “Why would I stay away from you?”

 

Kyungsoo then laughed, a sarcastic one, “Because I’m like this.”

 

And then again, Chanyeol asked, “Why? You’re like me, you’re like Baekhyun, and you’re like everyone here in the school, in the world!” Chanyeol assured.

 

And when Chanyeol noticed that Kyungsoo was not talking anymore, he patted Kyungsoo’s head and said, “Please take care of me here in your school. Let’s meet tomorrow.”

 

And Chanyeol went back to their room. He saw Baekhyun wincing in pain so he went to Baekhyun’s side, “Baekhyun, what’s the matter? Does something hurt?”

 

When Baekhyun saw Chanyeol, he was startled. Oh noes, he shouldn’t see me like this. So he sat up straight and pretended that he was not experiencing any pain. He smiled and said, “I’m fine. My stomach just hurts.”

 

“That’s good to hear. I thought it was something serious.” Chanyeol said as his worries were gone. He held Baekhyun’s hands and looked around the room. And he saw the glares of their classmates on the two of them.

 

- - - - -

 

When Chanyeol was walking on the corridor, he was approached by a group of guys.

 

“Chanyeol!” someone called him.

 

“Hi! Who are you?” He greeted and asked them.

 

"We’re from Class A.” someone on the group answered.

 

"Woah! You’re Kyungsoo’s classmates!! Yeah, why?” Chanyeol asked excitedly.

 

"We have something to tell you.” they told Chanyeol to come closer.

 

Chanyeol obeyed and asked them, “What’s that?”

 

"Stay away from Kyungsoo!! And Baekhyun!! Haven’t you heard the news? Are you deaf?” someone told him and he was raged.

 

Chanyeol gave them a look, “Why? Is there something wrong if I become friends with them?”

 

And they were confused at what Chanyeol said, “Aren’t you scared of them?”

 

And Chanyeol scolded them, “Are they the really ones who should be feared? Or you guys? The ones who judge people because of a gossip or so whatever, and were not even true?”

 

They were starting to get annoyed to Chanyeol because even though how many times they tell him and to make him understand, he never listened, “Look, this is for you. You’ll be safe i---“

 

“Safe? Haha. Don’t’ worry, I can handle myself because I have friends here somehow. And why would I be in danger?” Chanyeol faked a laugh.

 

“Because of them!!” one of them shouted.

 

And Chanyeol schouted at them too, “WHY?!”

 

“Because they are dangerous and bad!!”

 

Chanyeol tried to understand them but he failed. Because he really cannot see what’s the problem to Kyungsoo and Baekhyun. “Did they hurt you?”

 

“Not yet but--“

 

“And you hurt them right? So tell me now, who is more dangerous and bad?” Chanyeol said coldly. “And they won’t do anything… look at how fragile they are… they’re lonely.”

 

- - - - -

 

"Baekhyun!” Chanyeol called and put his arm on Baekhyun’s shoulder.

 

“Oh Chanyeol,” Baekhyun smiled, “Hey, let’s go out, tomorrow, it’s Saturday.”

 

And Chanyeol smiled widely,, “Eh?”

 

“Please? It’s my birthday tomorrow..” Baekhyun pleaded, for the first time.

 

Chanyeol’s heart beat fast because he saw that smile of Baekhyun and he realized that he missed Baekhyun so much. And he thought that for Baekhyun. I will do this for Baekhyun this time. Besides it’s Baekhyun’s birthday. And I know that Jongin will understand that. Jongin and Kyungsoo always talk because of me… “Yey.” And he hugged Baekhyun.

 

Baekhyun’s heart pounded quickly, “E.. what’s your answer?” asked Baekhyun.

 

“Of course I will. I miss you.” Chanyeol smiled and ruffled Baekhyun hair.

 

“Aish..” Baekhyun fixed his hair and smiled at Chanyeol.

 

“Chanyeol!!” Tao called.

 

And the two looked at him, “Tao!” Chanyeol greeted.

 

Baekhyun smiled at Tao, and Tao did the same, “Can you help me regarding this one?” Tao said as he handed Chanyeol his notebook.

 

Chanyeol looked at Tao’s notebook, “Ah, Baekhyun, you knew how to do this right?”.

 

“Haa?” And Tao suddenly felt scared because of Baekhyun.

 

“Aish, Baekhyun knows how to do that! You’ll understand it better, promise!” Chanyeol insisted. And because Chanyeol was big, Tao can do nothing but to nod.

 

Baekhyun taught Tao and Chanyeol about the topic and Tao nodded, “Ahh, it’s that simple.” Tao shifted to Baekhyun’s side. And because Baekhyun was teaching Tao, he was only focused to Tao.

 

Chanyeol looked at Tao and Baekhyun, and how the two were so close to each other. He suddenly felt something weird.

 

Then Tao noticed that Chanyeol was spacing out, “Chanyeol, what’s the matter?” And Tao smiled.

 

Chanyeol shook his head, “Ha? Nothing. Nothing. It’s nothing.” And Chanyeol looked at their surroundings and noticed that the people were crowding around Baekhyun.

 

“Pssst!” and then suddenly, someone called Chanyeol from the outside. He turned around and saw Kris.

 

Chanyeol stopped for a moment because he didn’t know if he’ll tell Baekhyun that Kris was calling him or not. But seeing Baekhyun was busy of teaching Tao, he went to Kris who was smiling meaningfully to him.

 

“Why?” he asked Kris happily.

 

“Let’s go.” Kris invited.

 

“Where? But Baekhyun is…” Chanyeol reasoned.

 

“Tao can protect him. Don’t worry. Tao does martial arts.” Kris said.

 

Chanyeol pouted because he knew that he can do nothing anymore but to go with Kris but he didn’t want to lose Baekhyun in his sight.

 

“Are you going with me or not? Or are you scared? Kris asked Chanyeol.

 

Chanyeol asked Kris confusedly, “Why would I be scared?”

 

“Scared of someone taking Baekhyun away from you.” Kris said.

 

“Ah no. I want it. I mean, I want him to gain more friends.” Chanyeol explained.

 

“Should I believe you? Because your pout opposes to what you’re saying.” Kris teased.

 

“I said no! Aish! Whatever you say!” and Chanyeol left Kris. Because he was annoyed of Tao yet Kris afterwards. And that’s the reason why he felt bad.

 

And he saw Kyungsoo and went with him.

 

- - - - -

 

Baekhyun soon noticed that Chanyeol was not on his back anymore. He looked around but Chanyeol was nowhere to be found.

 

“Ah Tao. I just look for something.” he bid goodbye to look for Chanyeol..

 

Until he felt that he cannot feel his feet anymore, “No, not now please.” He tried to walk out the room.

 

He looked for Chanyeol and resisted the pain he felt… he saw Chanyeol with Kyungsoo, again. He nodded, “Yeah, right. You miss me.”

 

He tried not to cry because he didn’t want anyone to see him crying. So when the tears were about to fall down his cheeks, he started running to nowhere.

 

“Ahhh!” he fell down the ground the same time the tears from his eyes fell.

 

“Baekhyun!” Kris shouted, “What happened?!”

 

“Kris!! I can’t walk!!!” he felt that his body gone numb and he started panicking.

 

“No. no. Don’t panic. Let’s go, I’ll bring you to the hospital.” said Kris who was really worried for Baekhyun.

 

“No!” Baekhyun insisted. “No Kris. Please, don’t bring me to the hospital!”

 

“Baekhyun! What the ?! Are you thinking of him again!! He doesn’t have concern on you anymore!! Let’s go!!” Kris shouted.

 

“It’s my birthday tomorrow. If you bring me--- ahh! If you bering me to the hospital, I will be confined. Tomorrow, please tomorrow. This would be the last time.” Baekhyun was now crying.

 

And there’s nothing that Kris can do but to hug the loved one.

 

 

The day after, Baekhyun waited where he and Chanyeol talked about. And even though he was pale and his body was numb, he still insisted to go there, to be with Chanyeol on his birthday.

 

- - - - -

 

“KYUNGSOO!!” Chanyeol shouted while he was running to Kyungsoo’s house. Chanyeol was crying.

 

Kyungsoo then went out of their house because he knew that Jongin was there too, “Jongin! Chanyeol!” he greeted lively but his eyes got bigger when he saw Chanyeol crying so hard and Jongin was not around. “Why are you crying?”

 

Chanyeol wiped his tears, “Jongin… he’s gone…”

 

Kyungsoo’s brows met, “W-what? Have you seen him?”

 

Chanyeol shook his head, “N-no. I heard him.. He is leaving. And after that, I cannot hear his voice anymore.”

 

Kyungsoo looked around if Chanyeol was telling the truth and he really cannot see Jongin anymore, “N-no..”

 

After an hour of explanation that Jongin was gone. Well, he’s really gone, but Chanyeol heard Jongin crying for help… and it’s the reason why he was so interested to Kyungsoo, because he wanted to help Jongin who died months and months ago. And when Kyungsoo and Chanyeol became friends, Jongin started to appear in front of Kyungsoo. The two spent their time together with Chanyeol around. Because yes, Kyungsoo can see Jongin but he cannot hear Jongin, and Chanyeol helped them so they can talk to each other.

 

“He’s gone…” and Kyungsoo sobbed hard.

 

“A long time ago.” Chanyeol said and Kyungsoo nodded, “He cannot leave you because he loves you.”

 

“It’s hard. It’s so hard. You didn’t have enough time to be with the one you love. It’s my fault. I’m so stupid that I only appreciated his presence now that he’s gone. It’s so painful…”

 

“But it’s because of Baekhyun, right? He has this sickness and you want him to be happy…”

 

“Why, Kyungsoo? You noticed me when I’m gone. Your eyes are so big yet, you cannot see me. Only now, now that I am gone. It has always been Baekhyun, Baekhyun… why? Because he’ll be a ghost soon? So if I become I ghost too, you’ll notice me? Kyungsoo, it’s so unfair. You cannot see me, yet I always see you.” Jongin said… through Chanyeol.

 

And suddenly, it rained…

 

“Baekhyun…” and the two looked at each other. They ran to where Baekhyun was…

 

- - - - -

 

It’s almost two hours since it started to rain. And yet, Baekhyun was still waiting and standing for Chanyeol. And there… he felt that something killed him from the inside.

 

“Chanyeol, where are you now?” Baekhyun looked up the sky and winced in pain. He felt that the pain was squeezing him that he cannot take it. He fell down the ground and his body gone numb.

 

And slowly… his eyes were blurry. He closed his eyes because of the pain. And this time, he let his tears fall from his eyes… because there’s this rain, who’s like a teardrop, and no one would know that he was crying so hard. “It’s done. Chanyeol. I’m done.” He shouted in pain…

 

And when he opened his eyes… he saw Chanyeol running towards him… he smiled, “You’re here.” But another man came running, Do Kyungsoo. And once again, his tears fell endlessly.

 

“It’s because of him again…”  

 

“Baekhyun! Don’t speak. Let’s go!” Chanyeol said when he was about to lift Baekhyun up.

 

But Baekhyun shoved him. “It’s done Chanyeol… I’m done.” Baekhyun sobbed and was continuously killed by this sickness, “I can’t wait forever Chanyeol… but I love you…”

 

And Baekhyun closed his eyes. Chanyeol hurriedly lifted Baekhyun up while crying, “Please Kyungsoo, call an ambulance!!!” he cried so hard and shouted like crazy. No, no.. please, Lord… not now, please… “Baekhyun… wake up.. Baekhyun….” Chanyeol was patting Baekhyun’s cold cheek, “Please Baekhyun, wake up.” Chanyeol was shivering while his tears were falling.

 

Hey, remember what I told you… please.. Sh*t.. don’t leave me. I will be sad. I will cry. Baekhyun… Mom.. Dad.. not now… I love you Baekhyun. I love you so please wake up. I will marry you right? We will be married. Husband and husband. You’ll be my eyes… I don’t want to be blind.”

 

But you are. You didn’t see me when I was still alive. He heard,

 

And Chanyeol started to cry… he can hear spirits… he can hear Baekhyun… Then Kyungsoo looked at Chanyeol and patted his shoulder. Chanyeol looked at Kyungsoo.. Kyungsoo was crying as he shook his head, “He’s gone Chanyeol.. he’s gone.. I saw him.”

 

Then he held Baekhyun closer to him… “Sorry. sorry… sorry.. Baekhyun. I love you. I’m sorry…”

 

But he was too late.

 

- - -

 

Chanyeol! I’m sorry I didn’t tell you that I have a serious illness. Because I know you will be worried, you won’t allow me to do the normal things you guys do. Haha. But don’t blame yourself. I will be sad.

 

 

The first time I met you, you talked to me because I talked to you right? But… after some time, I realized that, nah, he would know about the gossip too so I shouldn’t get my hopes up. But then you still smile at me, you still look at me. And I am happy that you became my friend. I am happy because I am with you everyday. Are you happy too?

 

I was so happy when I was with you in your birthday. I wish you are happy too. And thank you because you shared your story to me. Don’t worry, I will meet them soon. And I will take care of them, so take care of my family there, alright?

 

I like butterflies because I like you. Because you’re like a butterfly, I am the flower. Because you came into my life and made changes, I bloomed into a beautiful flower, I hope for something again, I learned to smile again and to accept other people in my life.

 

Thank you for everything. You fought for us, you cared for us, and you made me happy. I thought I won’t experience this anymore but because of you, I experienced it and I am glad. I will be forever grateful to you.

 

I will always be here. I will always wait for you, yes, I always tell you that. But you cannot hear me even thought you have big ears. Or maybe you’re just really stupid.

 

But I will forever wait for you because I love you. Even though you didn’t hear it from me. I love you Park Chanyeol.

 

Sometimes I think I should just give up but

I love you so much that I can’t do that

But don’t worry I could wait forever

Even if we won’t end in happy ever after

 

I’ll just move the time for you to see the light

And your eyes would shine in the darkness of night

Let this be, if that’s the thing I could do

I could die everyday waiting for you.

 

 

 

Sh*t… why is it so heavy. It’s so painful. It’s so fast. He was attached to me that fast yet he was taken away form me that fast too. Isn’t it unfair?

 

It’s so painful because I didn’t tell you that I love you. I’m so unfair.  He told me he loves me even if it’s only once, but I know it is true. How about me? I haven’t told him I love him. Can you hear me Baekhyun?? Chanyeol closed his eyes…

 

I love you Baekhyun. I want you to be happy, I am happy to be with you, but you’re gone. Now tell me, how can I be happy this time?

 

 

Yes yes Baekhyun, I am always happy whenever I’m with you. It’s like I’m in heaven because of your smile… your smile is so… I love you.,,

 

I love you everyday. Please remember that. I will love you everyday…

 

Can you hear me? Can I tell you that I love you? Am it too late? I wish it’s not…

 

- - - - -

 

I love you, he heard

 

“I love you too. Can I see you?” Chanyeol opened his eyes…. But he cannot see anything but darkness. He’s blind. At least, once again, there, I heard you say ‘I love you.’

 

After 4 year… I still love him… I know I can still love him.

 

I promised my parents, I will marry Baekhyun and I won’t break that promise… that’s why now…

 

Sitting in front of you…

 

I will marry you… we’re engaged since I was 18 years old. It’s my birthday when you became my fiancé, and that’s your gift for me…

 

And now…

 

 

swear with your heart

 

 

in sickness and in health,

 

 

for better or worse,

 

 

to love and to cherish

 

 

til death do us part,

 

 

I ,Park Chanyeol, willingly take Byun Baekhyun As my eyes… as my partner in life.

 

 

I will always love you.. I miss you.

 

 

=== E N D ===