I Hope Tomorrow never Comes

I Hope Tomorrow never Comes
Please log in to read the full chapter

"Kyuhyun, what are you doing here?" Sungmin asks as he rubs sleep out of his eyes. 

 

The maknae had crept into Sungmin's room and had crawled into his bed and laid beside him. Kyuhyun had not done that in a very long time.

 

"I want to sleep here," Kyuhyun answers, "with you." 

"Don't be ridiculous," Sungmin whispers as he sits up, searching blindly for the switch of his bedside lamp. He flicks it on, and light immediately illuminates the whole room. 

Sungmin blinks a few times before his eyes finally adjust to the brightness. He sees Kyuhyun comfortably laying on his bed, without any intention of moving out. 

 

"Kyu, I can't sleep with you around," Sungmin mutters sleepily. "The bed's too small."

Kyuhyun grabs Sungmin's waist and forces him to lie on the bed beside him. Sungmin tries to protest and break free, but Kyuhyun's grip is stronger. He sighs in defeat. 

 

"We used to do this a lot," Kyuhyun says. "Back when we were room mates, remember?" 

Sungmin doesn't respond. He pretends to be asleep, but Kyuhyun continues to talk. 

"What happened between us, hyung?" 

 

Sungmin remains silent. He can hear Kyuhyun's heartbeat as the younger boy's chest is pressed to his back with his hands s around his waist. It felt restricting, yet at the same time comforting. 

"We just...grew apart, I guess," Sungmin finally replies, breaking the silence. 

 

"I miss how we used to be," Kyuhyun whispers into Sungmin's ear. 

 

Sungmin reaches for the switch and turns the light off again. Kyuhyun smiles because he knows it means Sungmin has finally conceded to let him sleep in his room. 

"I miss being like this too," Sungmin replies. "I should have made more time for you." 

"It's not your fault," Kyuhyun tells him. "It's mine." 

"No, it's not," Sungmin insists, a smile slowly growing on his face. He knows what a silly argument this would lead to. 

Please log in to read the full chapter