Nightmare

Afraid

***This is unedited so I'm sorry if there are any mistakes***


The busy streets of Seoul were bustling with noise.  Walking around these streets, she stumbled around due to the sheer amount of people. Finally making it to a less crowded place, she heaved a sigh of relief. But a shiver came over her as a cold wind blew on her exposed skin. Gazing around at the lights somehow made her forget about the crowd. Oh how she always loved the city at night.

Exhaling a contempt sigh, she decided it would be best to go home now. She looked for the nearest taxi. After calling one, she opened the sleek metal door, but before stepping in, something caught her eye on the opposite side. Squinting closer, she slammed the door and ran across the street, despite the car horns and an enraged taxi driver calling after her.

Tall slender figure, dirty blonde hair, good fashion taste. Yup that’s him. And he’s not alone. Enraged, she ran to the figure’s back, about to tackle him, but instead of a hard impact, her hands went through him and so did the rest of her body. Confused that she was now in front of her boyfriend, she yelled his name.

“Kris!” Still no response. “Yah! How dare you cheat on me AND ignore me!” But still Kris was happily chatting away with the girl he was holding hands with. Not being able to take anymore, she moved forward to grab his collar, but again she went through him again. Shaking, she held up her hands, only to see that they were transparent, along with the rest of her body.

Wh-why am I transparent? What’s happ-happening?! She thought. Scared and confused, she tried this on other people and the same results. She turned around to look for Kris again, but now the scenery changed from the beautiful lights of Seoul, to a dark house. Not familiar with the surroundings, she took caution with every step she took. A light creak was made on the wooden floor with each footstep towards a half open door. She gilded her fingers across the smooth walls, listening to the rain hit the windows, scared to see what’s beyond the door.

Peering through the door almost brought confusion. It was herself and Kris on the bed, kissing. Is this a memory? As the kissing grew more intense, her memory self seemed to change a little with every of lightening, as it light her face. Until finally it was a completely different person.

She felt her heart drop seeing the situation in front of her. Now the two were only in their undergarments. She felt like screaming at that moment, and just as she opened to scream, she felt the floor beneath her disappear, and below was  darkness. She fell, flailing her arms for dear life, and she continued falling until…

“Ahhhhhhh!” Bolting upright from her bed, Chaerin looked at the room before her. Covered in cold sweat, and breathing heavily, she slumped her shoulders. Bringing her knees up, she cradled her head, feeling the salty liquid down her face.

It was only a nightmare. She heaved a sigh of relief, as she moved her hand to the other side of the bed. Expecting warmth, she was only met with the cold bed sheets, where a person should be sleeping. Feeling more tears coming she thought, Except this nightmare is a reality… 


Yes I know this is on the shorter side, but this one-shot was on a whim because I've just been listening to this song so much! You guys should really give it a listen if you haven't. And it is on the depressing side TT___TT But regardless, I hoped you enjoyed it! SO please subscribe, comment (I LOVE reading your comments btw), and upvote please!