Awakening

Sorry

            Luhan woke up with wet eyes and possibly due to crying. He saw the desk lamp beside him lit up, more to his surprise; a giant was sleeping on top of him, nose even scrunching up. The boy was not even Sehun meaning he was someone else. The latter wrapped his arms around Luhan’s torso firmly and Luhan thought this should stop.

            He wiped both of his eyes before he pushed the younger’s face away from him. “Aish, Chanyeol. What are you even doing here?”

            “You were chatting with him.” Xiumin who was sitting on the other bed beside him, suddenly talked. He took off his sight from the book he was reading and looked at his watch on his wrist. “Maybe, it was two hours ago when you both laid down there. Without knowing, you loosed your consciousness and slept.”

            Luhan was regaining his memory as he unattached Chanyeol from him. He could also remember this moment; it was the time prior to Sehun’s accident. He was thinking if he turned back to time or another dream. He pinched his cheek to check if this is real, earning an attention from the person on the other bed. He noticed it and chuckled, Xiumin must be looking at him as a fool.

            “Are you having a nightmare? You seemed bothered and emotional.”

            “Yeah.” He got up from his bed while rubbing his cheeks with a smile on his lips. "I better get something to drink.”

            Before he got to twist the knob, Xiumin warned him. “Jongdae said he kept on hearing someone crying at the living room.”

            Luhan turned his head back to him still with the sweet smile on his face. “I know who it is and I’m going to confront him.”

            Xiumin’s eyes paid gazing on the book he was reading, affected of the cheer on Luhan’s face that he had a curve on his cute pouting lips.

            “He will make his move at last, huh?” The sleeping giant on top of Luhan’s bed finally awakened.

            Xiumin nodded at him, still looking at his book.

 

            Luhan got out of the room; he was not expecting that he would not hear any voice of anyone sobbing. He heard steps coming from the exit  instead so he followed it.

            “Sehun.” He called the silhouette he was seeing there, assuming it was their youngest. The boy in the dark wiped both his eyes just like what Luhan did before.

            The older came closer because that person did not answer. He was correct that it was their blonde maknae, having a bit of tears’ remain on his eyes. Sehun looked away and the shorter could not even glance on him as well. To stop the silence between them, Luhan cleared his throat, also his dry lips in milliseconds before he got ready to speak.

            “Where are you going at this late of night, Sehun?” In a minute of their silence, Luhan asked the younger softly.

            “I want to breathe some fresh air.” Luhan wanted to chuckle at him because he heard him sniffed after his response but he knew this was not the right time. Sehun was a kid after all.

            “Are you getting suffocated inside here?” Sehun faced him as he asked that, more to his surprise when Luhan gripped his wrist. “I want to go with you.”

 

            The pair arrived at the parking lot where their Manager’s motorcycle was. Luhan looked at it nostalgically since this was where Sehun had his accident. He halfheartedly seat behind the younger but he did not want to lose Sehun again. Whatever happened this time; at least, they were together before their probable death would take.

            Luckily Sehun drove the vehicle with carefulness, maybe because Luhan was with him. This was only showing Sehun still had the same special treatment with hyung, he would not be alone, now that Luhan finally realize how special he was for him too.

            Their journey stopped at the side of Han River below the bridge. Sehun already turned the engine off but Luhan seemed idle, arms wrapped around his thin waste.

            “Hyung.” Sehun’s wonder ended when he saw the shorter with tears behind him. Luhan felt his gaze so he looked up on him, he smiled to prevent his tears of falling more.

            His embrace got tighter and like he did not want to let go. “Let’s stay like this for a while, Sehun.”

            Although his hyung was acting strange, Sehun agreed with the latter’s wish with a nod when he turned his face on the dashboard. They spent two minutes of having a quiet surrounding before one of them spoke.

            “I’m sorry if I’ve been so stupid lately.”

            “Hah.” That was the only reaction Sehun could give at the moment even he was sensing some favorable times were to be followed.

            “I’m sorry if I’m the reason why you always cry at night.”

            “Hyung.” This was getting too much for Sehun but he let the latter continued his apology.

            “I’m sorry if you were suffocating inside the dorm because of me.”

            “I’m ok, Hyung.” Luhan’s gaze did not stop its focus on him. “I’m at fault too; I’ve been delusional and selfish.”

            This was the first time Sehun claimed his mistake. The shorter did not notice how much he grown up as man when they got separated. He felt contented while resting his head at the back of the other male. “You’ve matured so fast, Sehun.”

            “Of course.”

            “I actually like your childishness more, Maknae.” His tears could not bear to hide so he allowed it flowing down on his eyes. “Now that I’m missing you so much, I want it back.”

            “I miss you too.” Sehun took one of Luhan’s hand from him to kiss its back. He looked at his Hyung again with a faint smile on his face. “Promise me you’ll never leave me again.”

            “I promise.

 

            God must have played on Luhan’s dream to awaken his sleeping feelings for the Sehun. He had never thought reality would be dreamier than his illusions. Instead of a tragic night, Luhan and Sehun would remember this as the best moment they had in their life.

 

            “I love you, Hyung.”

 

            “I love you, Maknae.”

 

~End~

 

A/N

If you think this is such a waste of time, LEAVE. I've been so down lately and adding to this is the noticeable cold air blowing between HunHan. I'm hoping for this to be done soon because I can't bear seeing them so far from each other. I'm feeling anxious too all this while because 2 fragments of my life left the world. I know Grandma was old but Kanata was gone too soon.

There's still a good news after the storm though; me and my sister bought a shih tzu puppy and we named him "Xing". He will have a pair and we will named her "Xiu". I know we could not stuck from the past and we should move on. This was initially an angst but I can't bear it so I created an ending good for all HunHan shippers.

I don't want their ship to sank T_T.