Late Again

Lips and Fingertips

47. Late Again

 

 

            Hong Bin mind was blank for a moment. All the things he had just learned from a less than five-minute conversation was enough to blow up his world.

 

            Originally he had just wanted to come greet the maknae lines of BtoB, talk to Won Sik a little bit about what he wanted to eat tonight for dinner since Ken hyung was paying and maybe ask something else…

 

            Oh, he got so much more than he expected.

 

            “She’s… pregnant?”

 

            Some say when someone receives the kiss from the love of his life, it would feel like as if time stopped, and nothing else mattered but each other – but just now – Hong Bin felt as if time stopped, a million thoughts ran through his mind.

           

            The intimae and emotional times of the two of you shared together replayed in his mind and it was only then did he let out a deep mournful groan.

 

            Yeah, no protection.

 

            At all.

 

            All it mattered back then was the pleasure, the “being together”. Neither you nor him had the brains to think about the consequences… How ironic, the reason why the two of you were in a secret relationship was to avoid the consequences, and yet there he was, creating another consequence that he wasn’t sure if he could face…

 

            “… Was it really you, hyung?” Ilhoon’s voice quavered a bit, mostly because of the sudden realization that the father of your baby was not Ravi, or Won Sik, as he had suspected all along. In fact it is the timid, soft, and caring Hong Bin, whom definitely did not give an image of someone who would have an affair with anyone

 

            “… Why?”

 

            Hong Bin opened his mouth, but nothing came out.

 

            Exactly – why?

 

            Why had he done what he had done? Why couldn’t he have just left you alone – his heart ached even at the thought of that possibility.

           

            So then why had he cared so much about the consequences, the reputation, and all that bull ? He should have been there; you should have felt safe to talk to him about it… And yet it was because of Hong Bin himself, that you couldn’t say a word to him, disappearing into thin air…

 

            It all made sense – the fact that he pushed you so hard, almost brain washing you to the point where it became apparent to him that he could not face any consequences, had pushed you away from him when in the most time of need.

 

            Ravi’s words rung in his ear -

 

            Coward.

 

            Hong Bin could see it, the way your tears would trickle down that delicate chin, those soft pump lips quavering in fear, the those big deer eyes speaking nothing but “help me, please”…

 

             “Ilhoon,” His eyes lowered to hide the shamefulness seeping through those long delicate lashes. “I need to talk to her. Do you know where she is?”

 

            Ilhoon was silent for a moment, his eyes staring at Hong Bin like a lie detector. Was this the right thing to do?

 

            Oh, he didn’t know anything anymore. He couldn’t help but roll his eyes. Oh how sure he was of his choices before, and now… “I suppose that's probably a good idea.”

 

            Hong Bin tried to put on a thankful smile, but it came off more as a nervous tug of the corner of his lips than a smile.

 

            “Relax,” Ravi instructed as they climbed into the taxi. “If you wuss out again, I’m here to kick your – I gotchya back, don’t worry,”

 

            As the taxi finally pulled up to a prestigious hotel, the uneasy feeling that Hong Bin got when he was at your door back in Korea came to him… Please... He begged. Please don't let him be late again… Hurry, hurry, hurry, he whispered to himself. Before you run away again.

 

            Ilhoon arrived to the door first, knocking softly, “Noona! It’s Ilhoon.”

 

            No answer.

 

            “I called but you didn’t pick up, but er, someone said he wants to meet you. I mean, I know you said you didn’t want to see anyone you know back in Korea, but I think you really might need to meet this guy – perhaps talk a few things out, you know?”

 

            Silence.

 

            “Noona?” Ilhoon called again, knocking louder. “Are you in there?”

 

            Still no response.

 

            “Damnit, let me,” Hong Bin pushed Ilhoon away a little too harshly.

 

            “Yah, it’s me, Hong Bin! I know about the baby, and I think we need to talk. Open the door!” He knocked on the door harshly too, knuckles turning white as it came into contact with the hard wooden door.

 

            As silence greeted them, Hong Bin’s knocking escalated, into hitting the door, then banging…

 

            “Hey, Bin-ah, you need to calm down –“ Ravi grabbed Hong Bin’s arm as Hong Bin tumbled to the floor, his legs suddenly weak.

 

            Was he too late, already?

 

            “Please…” He whispered.

 

            “Open the door…”

 

            Ilhoon watched as his usually calm, mature, soft and caring hyung broke down, his face buried in trembling hands. Perhaps Ilhoon was wrong, Hong Bin probably did care a lot about you… And the two of you were too immersed in this game of pretending, that neither of you had the courage to break the rules…

 

            Ilhoon dug into his pocket and pulled out a small white card, slapping the card at the doorknob, the light turned green, and Hong Bin rushed inside.

 

            A strong gust of wind greeted him, from the wide-open window that sent the papers in the room flying. Hurrying to gather the paper up, Ilhoon and Ravi rushed inside too, their long limbs catching the lose papers that danced in the air.

 

            “Hey, go close the window!” Ravi shouted at Hong Bin. But Hong Bin was glued to the spot – he could care less about the freaking papers that were flying around.

 

            The room was empty.

 

            You were gone.

 

            Again.

 

            And he was late.

 

            Again.

 

__

 

#HAPPYNDAY!

I saw the video of the fant chant - it was amazing!

GREAT JOB Kstarlights!

I really hope EyebrowsN have a fabulous birthay :) 

ManlyHyuk - you're next! :) 

 

So how did you like this chapter? 

CLIFF HANGERS ARE AMAZING, aren't they?

 

You guys love me, right?

Nasarangkaji? (get the reference? haha)

 

<3 Yoonah.