Preparations

Lips and Fingertips

            

45. Preparations

 

 

 

            “Born to Beat, We are BtoB!” The chant was always loud and cheerful, just like the general concept of BtoB. It was always amazing to say that line, because only then, would BtoB feel like a serious, proper idol group.

 

            The rest of the time they just seemed like idiots that ran out of a far away village, innocent and rather dumb looking, always on the urge to look for fun things to do or make each other do.

 

            For example –

 

            “MinHyuk Hyung, your turn, how many peperos do you reckon I could fit in my nostrils?” Sungjae prompted.

 

            “Peperos? Aren’t those really skinny?”

 

            “Yea, but they itch too. How many do you bet I can put in my nostrils before I sneeze?”

 

            MinHyuk thought deep for at least 5 seconds as if this was a really deep question that he had to decipher. “I don't know, Sungjae, 5 on each side I suppose, so er 10?”

 

            “That’s too much, MinHyuk,” HyunSik piped out and wrinkled his nose. “I say at most 8, Sungjae has quite small nostrils,”

 

            Peniel rolled his eyes. He insisted in his broken Korean, “Seriously guys, I’ve seen him done this before – his nostrils aren’t balanced! It’s got to be 9 peperos!”

 

            EunKwang’s voice rang somewhere in the background. “What are you guys playing? I want to bet too!”

 

            And so on.

 

            Usually Ilhoon would join too, but today he wasn’t in the mood. There’s too much going on his mind ever since he’s seen the poster on the streets that other day. And there would have been more, if he hadn’t managed to convince you to stay in the hotel today.

 

            “What? Why can’t I go?”

 

            Ilhoon groaned and rubbed his temples. You and your annoying stubbornness would be the death of him.

 

            “I’ll just be in the back – I won’t do any harm!”

 

            Sure, it would have been the easiest option to just tell you that VIXX was going to be there, but Ilhoon needed to do this alone. He didn’t want you to know that they would be coming…

 

            “Please, just stay in the hotel, Noona. There will be loads of people there – people you might know – do you really want to go there and have them question why you had gone missing the last week or so?”

 

            At first you still tried to argue you way through, but then HyunSik came by, smiled at you and said softly with that gentle tone of his, “Just stay, will you?” and you complied.

 

            Sometimes HyunSik’s smiles are just plain creepy. Creepy enough to shut you up, to whom Ilhoon was thankful, that HyunSik hyung was on his side most of the time.

 

            “Ilhoon-ah, we’re up for rehearsal! Come on!”

 

            Their rehearsal ran smoothly just like it always did. They are doing their Wow dance first, then their Thriller dance. The transition between the two songs was a specially choreographed interlude, with the stage darkening and tombstones rising from special platforms on the stage. During this time, the BtoB members remove their white blazer outfit from Wow, to a black ripped button up shirt for Thriller.

 

            As the stage darkens, Ilhoon quickly removed his blazer and stuffed it behind one of the tombstones. His mind was distracted for a moment when the commotion started in the backstage – probably another idol group had arrived – but he quickly regained his concentration and continued their dance routine, ending with a bow.

 

            “That was good, guys! Since the next group just arrived, let’s take a break while we let the next group have their rehearsal,” The director instructed as the members picked up their blazers from behind the tombstones.

 

            EunKwang gathered them up for their “Thank you for taking care of us!”

 

            And with that, they moved off the stage, grabbing a drink on the way. Just as Ilhoon was about to return to the backrooms, Sungjae pulled onto his arm. “Wait, let’s watch the next group. My friend is in that group, I want to see their dance routine,”

 

            “… Fine,”

 

            The special platforms slowly sank back down to their original hidden spots, the tombstones disappearing along with them. Another set of platforms rose up, producing a large reverse logo.

 

            “Okay, next group, you’re up!”

 

            Six idols hurried onto the stage, each handsomer than the next. Their fresh faces beamed as they bowed in unison.

 

            Sungjae waved to the tallest one who waved back. “That’s my friend,” he explained a beat later, “we go to school together, he’s really smart you know! He also sings really well too, lately he’s gotten more solo parts~”

 

            Sungaje continued to talk about him, saying that he was from somewhere far away and moved to Seoul just to become an idol… But Ilhoon didn’t hear anything of that.

 

            “Real V! V.I.X.X.! Please take care of us!”

 

            Yep, VIXX.

 

__

 

Hi I just want to thank all those who have been staying and waiting for this story to FINALLY FINISH.

Thankyou so much for your support. 

 

Hyuk and Hakyeon's birthdays are coming up.

Happy birthday EyebrowHakeyon and ManlyHyuk, thankyou for making my life so much more amazing - 

letting me meet all these people on AFF and tumblr and instagram.

If it werent for you, for VIXX - I would have never even came across this site - much less VIXX tumblrs or instagrams...

Sometimes I feel like a mother watching you guys become more popular, getting on more shows and more awards.

I have to admit you guys still aren't quite there with your vocals yet, but you're getting there.

and please.

Hyuk can sing just fine. Don't make him lip sync anymore. 

 

*back to finishing the last couple chaps*

<3 yoonah.