Part One

FAST LANE
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

“Ready.”

 

Engines begin to rev louder and louder. 8 cars find themselves in a line, as a crowd forms on both sides of the cars.

 

“You ready, baby?” A voice can be heard over the Bluetooth console of the black 2013 Subaru WRX-STI on the far left. A subtle dark grey Phoenix extends across both sides of the car and a same colored skull with crown decal graces the back panel beside the gas tank door. The person inside the WRX smiles and looks over to the right, where a white Nissan 370Z Nismo is located, nodding and winking to the driver of the vehicle. The ash-blonde boy inside the 370Z looks over, smiles, and waves to the black haired boy, before turning to face two Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X’s on his right. One of them, red with a black and white decal and the other, a two toned gradient orange and black with a white scratch decal running across the body.

 

“Set.”

 

“How about you two?” The driver of the WRX asks over his console.

 

“Yupp.” Replies the driver of the red Lancer, revving his engine twice for good measure.

 

“Of course.” Comes a voice from the two toned Lancer in a soft but assuring tone.

 

“It’s show time, fam.” The driver of the WRX says, smirking and facing forward.

 

“GO!”

 

The drivers slam on the gas and burnout a little before taking off, the crowd of people closing in to fill in the large gap where the cars once where, never taking their eyes off the race in front of them. The 8 cars blaze through the streets of Seoul, never once slowing down. The other 4 cars gain leverage on the first turn, narrowly getting ahead of the first 4.

 

“That’s right! Looks like you Royal Fam aren’t so royal after all!” Says the driver in a Hulk green Honda S2000, leading the race, followed closely by a sky blue Acura RSX. The driver of the S2K laughs to himself, but as he turns the corner, he’s met with a lamppost head on and the driver’s eyes widen as he crashes into it. The RSX barely avoids collateral damage as he now takes the lead with a black Mitsubishi Eclipse and a yellow orange Toyota Supra following behind it. The 4 other cars round off the race following closely to each other.

 

“That’s what you get for your cockiness.” The driver of the two toned Lancer says, passing the wrecked S2K, voice still soft.

 

“How about let’s cut the games short tonight, fam?” The driver of the WRX asks over his console.

 

“Yeah, let’s end this quick. Luhan and I still have to finish tuning a few orders.” The driver of the red Lancer says.

 

“Oh… Yeah, you should probably get that done then. Wouldn’t want the money to stop flowing in, now would we? Yeol, baby, wanna do the honors?” The driver of the 370Z asks, smiling.

 

“Alright then. Time to show them why we’re the royal family of the Seoul RL.” The driver of the WRX says, stepping down on the accelerator and speeding up, the other 3 doing the same. The driver of the Supra looks up at his rear view and doesn’t see a thing. Snickering to himself he looks over to his left and flinches back in surprise. Looking to the right in horror, he finds himself surrounded by the 4 cars, the driver of the two toned Lancer sarcastically waving at him with a -eating grin on his face. The 4 cars speed ahead, leaving the Supra falling behind, as they swerve around each other, catching each other’s drafts as they avoid oncoming traffic in the busy Seoul streets.

 

“What the—” The driver from the RSX asks, looking into his rear view and seeing the 4 quickly catch up to him. Out of anger he signals to the Eclipse who nods and they both turn their steering wheels hard in opposite directions. Their cars swerve and try to knock off the 4, but they dodge the attempt.

 

“You’re gonna have to do better than that to try to take us out.” The driver of the 370Z says dryly.

 

“Hey Baekkie, you okay?” The driver of the WRX asks.

 

“What do you think I am? A below-average, mediocre driver who needs to resort to trashing his car to try to win a race?” He says and the sounds of laughter fill his car.

 

“You’re just relentless, Baekhyun!” The two toned Lancer’s driver pipes up after calming down from his laugh. The 4 continue avoiding the two remaining rival cars and come up to a busy intersection. They all pull up their handbrakes and turn their wheels, drifting through the turn and avoiding the panicking pedestrians who barely make it out of the way. The two trailing cars try to do the same, but don’t make the turn and send themselves crashing into a traffic light post and a parked car.

 

“And that’s what you get for messing with royalty.” The driver of the WRX says, smirking before finishing the race with the other 4 right in line with him. They turn into a parking garage before drifting up the spiral ramp to the top, where a large cheering crowd is waiting for them. They pull up together and one by one their doors open as they step out. They quickly group up in front of their cars and pass high fives around, as a man in a suit approaches them.

 

“So, Mr. Cho, next time you want to challenge us for turf ownership, try bringing real drivers, won’t you?” The man in a suit grunts in disappointment before handing a briefcase over to the black haired boy. He turns to face the other 3 drivers before smiling and gesturing to go. The others smile and acknowledge the gesture, heading back into their cars and leaving the parking lot, the crowd dissipating with them, save for a lone man with platinum blonde hair who stays a little longer. He lets out a satisfied hum as he walks towards his gradient blue to black Mazda RX-8, before getting in and driving off in the other direction.

 

 

“Man that one was easier than last week!” The door opens for the 4 to enter their condo. They drop their keys in the front basket and take off their jackets, tossing them on chairs before plopping down in their common area couches.

 

“Alright, Chanyeol, bring on the bank!” The driver of the red Lancer, Sehun, says with excitement. Chanyeol, the driver of the WRX, smiles before lifting the briefcase up and placing it on their coffee table. Chanyeol flips the latches and opens the case, revealing fresh bills piled to the top.

 

“Ho. Ly. .” Luhan, the driver of the two toned Lancer, says with widening eyes and holding onto Sehun.

 

“Looks like we’re set for the next little while, aren’t we Yeollie?” Chanyeol puts his arm around the blonde driver of the 370Z, his boyfriend Baekhyun, and nods with a smile gracing his face.

 

“Alright alright, so lets split this up right now and get some sleep. You two still need to tune those new projects don't you?” Chanyeol asks the two Lancer drivers, who nod in response. The team quickly splits the winnings in two with Baekhyun and Chanyeol keeping their share with them and Sehun and Luhan putting theirs back in the briefcase and locking it up. As they head to the door, Chanyeol and Baekhyun show them out.

 

“Royal Fam stays undefeated.” Baekhyun says, holding out his hand. The other three put their hands on his, looking at each other with satisfied sincere smiles.

 

“Excellence on absolute. Ready? Absolute—”

 

“Excellence!” The 4 shout in unison and break. They say their goodbyes with a hug and Chanyeol, turning back to face his boyfriend, cups the blonde’s cheeks before giving him a sweet kiss.

 

“You did so well today, baby!” Chanyeol compliments.

 

“Thanks, love.” Baekhyun replies bashfully before flashing his eye smile. Chanyeol picks him up bridal style before heading into their shared bedroom, the money left behind on the table.

 

 

*KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK*

 

A semi-loud knocking wakes Chanyeol up from his Baekhyun filled dream and he groans in fatigue and annoyance, Baekhyun still soundly sleeping beside him. The black-haired boy rubs the sleep out of his eyes before putting on a shirt and slowly waddling to the door. The knocking doesn’t cease and Chanyeol barely groans out an “I’m coming!” as he shuffles past the living room into the foyer. He turns the deadbolt and yanks the door open; about to yell some profanities until the sight of a familiar face cut him off.

 

“Hey Chanyeol!” Said boy blinked twice before his eyes went wide with disbelief. He quickly rubbed his eyes and opened them again, the face still there in front of him. A smile slowly tugs at his lips before he finally spoke.

 

“Kris?! What are you doing here?” Chanyeol asks, grinning from ear to ear, pulling Yifan (who will be called Kris while in Korea) into an embrace that Kris happily returned.

 

“I’m actually here on assignment, but I thought I’d drop by and say hi! It’s been a while. You’ve been good?”

 

“Yeah man, I’ve been great! Come in! Make yourself at home on the couch. I’ll go wake Baek up. He’d be so happy to see you too!”

 

“Sounds good! I don’t have too too much time, but I’ll chill around here as much as I can. We got a lot of catching up to do.” Kris says and Chanyeol nods as he runs back to the bedroom. After a few minutes, Chanyeol returns with a half-asleep Baekhyun following closely behind him. As soon as the blonde noticed the cold stare from the couch, his eyes darted open as he charged towards the figure, smile growing wider and wider the closer he got before he pounced onto Kris.

 

“Holy crap Kris! It’s been so long!”

 

It’s been quite a while, hasn’t it Baekhyun? I’m assuming all is good with you?” Baekhyun smiles and nods enthusiastically. A tray passing in between them snaps them back into the present as Chanyeol sets 3 coffees down on the coffee table, before taking a seat next to his boyfriend on the couch. Kris thanks Chanyeol for the coffee before taking a sip, the two others following suit. They talked for a few hours, catching up and reminiscing about the past before Kris decided to go back to China after graduation a few years ago.

 

“So you’re a special agent for the Beijing Police now, huh?” Baekhyun asks.

 

“That’s right.” Kris replies confidently.

 

“And that’s what brought you to Korea? You’re trying to catch someone?” Chanyeol asks with his eyebrows furrowed.

 

“Yup. Not sure if you’ve heard about the Huang Tao cartel, but this guy has been a thorn in the Chinese police’s for the past year.” Kris starts.

 

“I read up about that the other day actually. I hear he’s been running drugs in and out of the country like crazy.” Baekhyun pipes up from beside his boyfriend. Kris nods.

 

“Unfortunately, none of our cars are more than factory tuned so we can never catch him and his crew. Next thing you know, he makes his way to Korea for some reason or another. Pretty sure he’s dealing directly here, but with no leads and no way to catch him, I’m running a dead trail now.” Kris admits, defeated. Chanyeol looks at him with intrigue on his face.

 

“Yikes, it looks like you’re backed into the ter.” The black-haired boy says, patting his old friend’s shoulder.

 

“Yeah. The one thing I need is something I can never get. I need a driver, but no one in China with a car that can match Huang Zitao’s would ever help a cop. Most of them are also reckless as hell. Now you see why this is a thorn in my ?” Kris asks, and Baekhyun and Chanyeol look at each other before turning back to face the agent.

 

“You needed a driver you say?” Chanyeol asks playfully.

 

“Yeah, but they need to be precision drivers. They need to know the streets of Seoul and the surrounding area in and out, every shortcut, every turn. They also need to keep their cool, cause I know Zitao is one of those kinds of people who toy with their prey. Why? Is there someone you know who can help?”

 

“We have a few people in mind,” Baekhyun answers mischievously, “There is a catch though, but I mean, there always is right?”

 

“Can you take me to them? I need your help guys. Please.” The agent asks, sounding almost desperate. Baekhyun smiles before pulling out his phone and dialing a number, waiting for someone to pick up on the other end.

 

“Hey Lulu. Be at the spot a half hour early tonight.” The blonde says, looking at Kris, “Mhmm. See you then!”

 

“Meet us at the Incheon Airport arrivals parking lot tonight at 1. If anyone gives you grief, tell’em you’re with us. Whatever you do though, do NOT pull out your badge.” Chanyeol informs Kris, who acknowledges with a nod. The three get up and Kris leaves, but not before thanking his two old friends first. As Baekhyun closes the door, he turns to his boyfriend, who presses a sweet kiss to him and holds him in his embrace. The shorter looks up, a little concerned.

 

“Do you think this could end up being a problem, Yeol?” The blonde asks, "I mean, he IS a cop, you know?"

 

“Nah, Kris doesn’t have jurisdiction here in Korea. Besides, just like how he can’t catch this Zitao guy, cops here can’t even touch us.” The taller assures, “I say we should help him for old times sakes. I mean, we weren’t the 3 musketeers in high school for nothing.”

 

“I still hated being the damsel in distress, by the way.” The shorter glares upwards causing the taller to roar with laughter, “YAH! Don’t laugh!”

 

“Are you saying you don’t want to be mine then?” Chanyeol teases. Baekhyun scoffs and heads to their bedroom, slamming the door in the taller’s face,”Baeeeeeeeekkkkkkkk! Open the door please! I’m sorry baby!!!” He whines, “Baaaaaaaeeeeeeeeekkkkkkkkkk!”

 

 

“Where were you, sir?” Yixing asks as Kris pulls up in his rental car. The brunet officer gets in and the two quickly drive off to the police stati

Please log in to read the full chapter