Prologue

FAST LANE
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

“Target is moving out. Let’s go team. Stick to the formation we talked about and don’t screw this up. We’ve finally got our guy exactly where we want him.” A line of black cars leaves the empty parking garage and stay in line to an intersection where five cars speed across the intersection. A flick of the switch sends blue and red flashing in all directions, lighting up the darkened nighttime streets. Sirens blare through the tunnel of city buildings as cars pull over to the side as the line of cars make a turn and accelerate to catch the speeding vehicles ahead.

 

“Alright, boys. Let’s bust these bastards.” Two cars pull out of the line and continue driving up towards the cars in front before both making a sharp turn at the upcoming intersection, seemingly disappearing from the formation. The car in front of the line slowly catches up to the cars and a voice can be heard from the loudspeaker of the police car.

 

“Huang Zitao, you are under arrest for illegal trafficking of drugs across China. Stop the vehicle and come with us peacefully.” The owner of the car in the middle of the pack, a gradient blue to black Mazda RX-8 with a tribal wildcat decal gracing the side, only smirks as he flicks a switch on his shifter. In an instant, a slow hiss can be heard before being replaced by a loud revving. The car accelerates and zooms forward, with two of the remaining 4 following suit. The other two begin to weave in and out as the line of cars behind them try to pass, but to no avail. The two police that trailed off earlier try to intercept them at the upcoming intersection, but the cars quickly line up and narrowly get by through the gap in the middle.

 

“!” The leader of the police cars yells, hitting his steering wheel, when a voice grabs his attention on his radio.

 

“You tried, Captain Wu. You almost got me too, but you just never learn that I’m always one step ahead of you…” An amused laugh follows as the once swerving cars speed up to catch up, leaving the police cars stopped dead in their tracks. The leader of the

Please log in to read the full chapter