[ONE-SHOT] YoonHyun: My Sugar Rush

[ONE-SHOT] YoonHyun

YoonA 

 

She's happily fooling around with HyoYeon, YuRi and SooYoung when she see someone at the corner of her eye. It's SeoHyun. Her Bestfriend since kindergarten. Whenever people see them together, they seem surprised. It's because anyone can see how extremely opposite they are. She's loud while SeoHyun is timid. She loves sports while SeoHyun loves to read. At first, she personally didn't know why they're best of friends but now she knows why.

Whenever she's with her, anything around her just fades away like a blurring photo. She's always excited to be with her. Even seeing her from far away made her heart skips a bit faster. Like a sugar rushing through her veins.

 

"You're fading away again, YoonA." HyoYeon commented.

"Huh? What did you say?" She asks looking at her friend.

Her friends just look at her with a mischievous expressions. 

"Where are you looking at?" SooYoung said in a teasing tone. "Ahh... Now I know..." She said when she saw SeoHyun slowly approaching them.

"Know what?" She asks. Keeping herself not to blush.

"My, my, she's blushing!" YuRi teased.

"No, I'm not!" She denied defensively.

But her friends just keeps on laughing.

"Hey! Will you stop it!" 

 

 

SeoHyun

 

She's walking in the corridor when she saw her. YoonA. Her Best Friend since childhood.  They're total opposite but that didn't stop them for being this close over the years. She felt totally secured whenever she's with YoonA. More than her beloved books. At first, she didn't know why she felt so happy whenever they're together. But now she knows.

She smiled when she saw how YoonA is being teased by her friends. Even though YoonA's friends are also her friends. She's more casual and relaxed just around YoonA. Maybe because YoonA knows her so well just like how she knows YoonA well.

 

"Hey! What's the commotion is all about?" She asked when she approach them.

"Nothing." YoonA answered. She saw the warning look YoonA give their friends.

"Really?" She asked HyoYeon.

HyoYeon look at YoonA first before answering to her. "Nothing. Really." She answered with an impish smile on her face. "So, where did you come from?" HyoYeon ask obviously changing the subject.

"At the library. I just borrowed a book I needed. How about you? What are you up to?" 

"Nothing much." YuRi answered. "Just here and there."

"Yeah. Hey, wanna come with us at the mall? There's a new movie being shown." SooYoung asked.

"Well..." She look at YoonA then at her friends. "Well, there's something I need to do today. Sorry. Maybe next time." She answered.

"Oh I see..Oh well, maybe next time you can come with us, right?" HyoYeon said.

"Yeah, sure!" She answered.

"What's that something you need to do today?" YoonA then asked.

"It's a secret." She simply said then she bid them goodbye.

Leaving YoonA wondering about the secret.

 

At SeoHyun's house...

 

SeoHyun excitedly wrapped her precious gift. She felt so giddy. Like a sugar rush. And her hearts seems like beating faster than normal. Maybe because today is a special day. She smiled when she finished what she needed to do.  She took a deep breath. 

 

YoonA can't really help thinking what is SeoHyun's secret. She should know because they're best of friends. But it seems SeoHyun is keeping something from her. While in the movie theater, she can't even concentrate watching the movie! Though she's watching her favourite movie but her mind is keeps on going to her. After the movie, she bid goodbye to her friends and decided to go to SeoHyun's house. 

 

After SeoHyun smilingly set aside the gift at the corner, she heard a sound from her window. And that made her smile. Because she knows who it is. "You're really something, Yoongie." She said insisde her mind. Then the window open. 

 

"Hey, where's the fire?" She ask. Dead pan.

 

YoonA catched her breath before answering to SeoHyun's question. "What's the secret?" She asked.

 

"What secret?" SeoHyun asked though YoonA can see that SeoHyun is keeping something to her.

 

"The secret you told us. Something you need to do." YoonA patiently ask. Like asking something to a child.

 

"Oh...that one..." 

 

"Yes! THAT one."

 

"Hey, what's the scowl at your face?" SeoHyun asked.

 

"Will you stop changing the subject?" YoonA said with a frustration on her face.

 

SeoHyun just look at YoonA without saying a word.  And then she went to a corner and pick something. She went to YoonA with the gift that she prepared a while ago. And hand it to her.

 

"Happy 300th Day, Yoongie!!" She said with a loving smile.

 

Then it hit YoonA. It's their 300th day. Officially. Not as Best of Friends.  

 

"Oh SeoHyun, you're really my sugar rush!" 

 

NOTE From the Author: My song for YoonHyun.. Where this one-shot got the inspiration. Hope you've enjoyed this simple story.

 [SUGAR RUSH by A*Teens Lyrics]

 

I get a high whenever you're around
Sweeping from my head to my toes
I gotta get my feet back on the ground

cuz you make me go out of my way
crossing the line making my say what I have in mind

You make me so excited
And I don't wanna fight it
I start to blush
You are my Sugar Rush
Ain't nothing better baby
Is it for real or maybe?
I start to blush
You are my Sugar Rush

I got a sweet and fine taste for you
It might me too obvious but
I can't help my self from what I do

cuz you make me go out of my way
crossing the line
making my say what I have in mind

You make me so excited
And I don't wanna fight it
I start to blush
You are my Sugar Rush
Ain't nothing better baby
Is it for real or maybe?
I start to blush
You are my Sugar Rush

Baby you're my Sugar Rush
I get weak and talk too much
You're the sweetest thing I ever tasted
Baby you're my Sugar Rush
I get weak and talk too much