HunHan II

Once Upon a Fairytale
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 


With the decision made about acceptance and Luhan’s persistence, Sehun felt his heart slowly thawing for the angel and he welcomed that change. It didn’t matter the vengeance he seeked or the bitterness he spewed. For Luhan, Sehun was willing to let go of everything that had bounded him to an eternal living hell for all his life. He was Oh Sehun, a sixteen year old boy who knew love for the first time and wanted to do what he could to protect his lover’s remaining time by keeping him happy.

“Can I have your cap?” Luhan slid his beanie off and grabbed Sehun’s cap to replace the beanie. It was only now that Sehun realized Luhan didn’t have a thing for caps and beanies. He was only wearing them to cover what was left of his once fluffy head of hair. Extending his hands to help straighten the cap on Luhan’s head, his fingers then slid off and tightened its grip around Luhan’s thin shoulders to pull him into a tight embrace. Luhan was now nearly half the size he once was, and he was originally thin to begin with. Sehun feared breaking him if he hugged him too tightly, but he wanted to assure himself that Luhan’s existence wasn’t a dream. When the time comes and he has to let the angel return to the sky, he would always be wondering if Luhan’s existence had been real. He would forget how clear Luhan’s laughter was, how his warmth felt against his body, and would miss the feeling of having someone reciprocating the love that his heart was sending out.

Sehun remained tight-lipped about Luhan’s illness in school although the students pressed him repeatedly about the whereabouts of their Student Representative. Three months was too long to recover from a cold and the teacher’s shady response when they asked him confirmed that something was up. Sehun no longer slept in class, and would diligently take down notes which he explained were for Luhan so he could keep up with the school work when he returned. Slowly, the exam period approached and was over in the blink of an eye. Everyone knew that something must have happened to Luhan for him to be missing months of school and even the examination, but they knew better now than to pester Sehun who looked more distressed by the day.

Se Ryeong dropped by occasionally to visit Luhan with fruits and magazines, but found that the time Luhan spent sleeping had been steadily increasing. On days he was awake when she came, he would be quick to usher her out of the ward, reminding her that she would be entering high school soon and she has to study hard. He was more concerned about her studies and her health than her own brother was and she grew to understand why Sehun had always been heaping praise onto Luhan and calling him an angel. Today, she had squeezed out ample time to visit before going to work so that she could help take care of Luhan until her brother came from school. After setting down her bag, she grabbed the vase that was beside Luhan’s bed and stated that she was going to change the flowers in it. He looked on in dismay as she strutted out of the ward in her skyscraper heels and couldn’t help but worry if those heels would be hindering the growth of her feet. He had long wanted to talk her out of her job, but he knew he was in no position to be meddling

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter