CHEATSHEET + APPLICATION

❝HEARTBREAKER❞ - APPLY CLOSED

CHEATSHEET 

OO1)Band Positions: Lead singer, Bassist, Drummer, keyboard/synths, leader/backup-vocals/rhythm guitar, and Lead guitarist/back-up vocals

002)Face claims: actors, ulzzangs, models, and idols can be used as face claims. Western models/actors/singers can also be used as face claims, but they must have a reason to be in korea in the first place. Make sure this is discussed in their backstory and how they met they guys. idol groups will most likely be spoken about in passing if they end up showing up, but these guys are rockers and aren't too fond of idol groups or anyone that's gotten signed on with a company and is successful, so it's not likely that the guys of heartbreaker like these groups and if they do, they definitely are not telling the others they like them, that's for sure. Kim Myungsoo is taken as a face claim.

003)ages: 18-27 years old only. Use appropriate face claims that match the age you end up putting down, so no super young looking people for someone that's 27 and no super old looking person for someone that's 18. 

004)the application is important, so use the source code, this cheatsheet, and make sure it's nice and tidy. I do not want to see differences in fonts or weird font colors showing up on the application. especially when the application has a pretty simple outline and is not going to get messed up if you use the source code correctly.

005)character construction is important, but do not go overboard with it. if you can give me a character within 2-5 paragraphs, that's great, but please do not give me a 10 paragraph essay on their personality. in the like, dislikes, habits, trivia, and fears sections, please give reasons to why your character may like those things or even fear something. however, make sure everything makes sense, so if I see someone putting down this character likes coffee and find out that he's allergic to coffee beans in the trivia section, i won't be happy. old character applications can be used, but they must make sense with this story.

006)background needs to explain how you met at least one member of the group and how they might have joined the group. are they childhood friends with the leader, did they work a job with the bassist and the bassist end up feeling sorry for them and knowing that your character had a good voice they decided to talk to the leader and let you audition for the part of lead singer, or did you just happen to stumble into the leader one day and wow them with your skills? Make sure you explain that, as well as, a rough overview of how their life is. was there any events that caused changes in their personality or caused them to be different than usual. (try to keep away from overly sobbish stories please.) give me enough information so i can grasp your character and how life treated him.

007)you can make as many characters as you want. twins are also accepted, but the apps have to be good for both of them. you can also talk to a friend if you want if you guys somehow want to have characters that are twins or siblings if you don't want to fill out two apps but like the idea of having siblings in the group. 

009)turn in the application at the turn in post and make sure you title the blog post with 'HearthBreaker Member - Last, first Name.' Keep applications on public. 

010)password is a song that describes your character or their story. This will be placed in the password section with a link to the song. 

011)friends and family: anyone can be used, but don't give me a thousand siblings, friends, or family members. give me the people your character is closest to and if your character has a rival, whether it's a love rival, regular rival, or just a friendly rivalry, put that down as well. big families can show up, but don't expect me to give screen time for the whole family if there is like a ten+ members unless a certain scene allows that. 

012)your character is a misfit/loser, so these guys don't fit in society well and if they do, they don't want to fit in society because they're most likely living a lie and getting tired of living that lie. your characters can be friendly or they can be as mean as you want them to be, but just remember, these guys are losers/misfits and will most likely feel a lack of belonging with quite a few people. 

013) go here for source code: HEARTbreaker

014) go here to turn in: turn-in post and here is an example: Lim Bae

015) Deadline is March 10th.