IV

Oh! Jubilee

Dasom's POV

My phone buzzed. It was Victoria.

I switched off the TV and ran out to meet her. It had started drizzling and I didn't want my hair to frizz.

"Where are we going today? Clothes, jewelry, or shoes?" I asked as I jumped into the taxi she hailed.

"Neither, today," she said with a wink. "Kris texted me about some new kid. Apparently he's pretty attractive."

"Hmm really?" I asked, nonchalantly. I didn't care much for new students. It was always the same. They hyped up excitement among us and then their popularity died down as they settled down. To be completely honest, I was kind of annoyed that Victoria had blown off our shopping date with one text from Kris. 

"Wait that's not it." She held my arm excitedly as the taxi splashed its way past a deserted-looking tube station.

"What, then?" I knew she was stalling to make me curious. 

"He's Korean! Doesn't hardly speak a word of English. You're gonna have blast." 

I froze at this. I knew exactly who she was talking about. I did not listen to the rest of her ramble about the new student in all his perfection. All I could think about was the playful smirk of the boy I had met earlier. 

He bothered me, not because he was a particularly annoying person, but because he managed to stick onto my thoughts and not let them go.

And just like that, I could not get him off my mind.

***

Baro's POV

Kris led me through the dreary weather to a pretty, quiet cafe near the school. 

"So, these Prima Donnas. They're essentially the Queenkas of this school?" 

Kris smirked. 

"They're essentially the only girls you should talk to. A lot of the guys here who aren't half as handsome as you or I try desperately to ge their attention. You won't have trouble at all."

Despite Kris' guarantee that I would pick up quickly, I was worried. My inability to communicate would score me some negative points for picking up London girls.

A waiter walked up to us and took our orders.

Finally, a group of girls walked into the cafe.

Kris was right. They were very deserving of their "Princess" nicknames, but none stood out. 

I imagined them walking in all slow motion, dramatically flipping their hair as they made everyone in the cafe swoon. I crack myself up sometimes.

Kris called them over.

"Hayley, Katalina! We're here!"

Two girls turned their heads toward us. One of them was a very bright blonde girl with black glasses. She was wearing a leather jacket on top of a pastel-colored tank top. Her long legs were topped off with killer high heels. It was a wonder she didn't slip and fall on her way in, especially with the rain. The other girl was a ginger and was dressed a bit more sensibly. She had on a plain cotton graphic tee tucked into a pair of skinny jeans and white Vans. I wasn't really checking them out. I was just observing them. 

The one named Hayley, the blonde, smiled and walked over to our table, giving Kris a kiss on the cheek. The other two girls in the group walked over. The ginger, Katalina, hugged Kris after Hayley had pulled away from her kiss. 

I didn't care much for skinship, so I hung back, hoping Kris would get the hint. 

He did. Before any other the three girls could smother themselves over me, Kris introduced them to me.

"Hey girls! This is our new student, SunWoo Cha, but call him Baro."

"Hi! I'm Katalina! Nice to meet you. Welcome to Benedict," said the ginger. She was a very bubbly and cheerful girl. 

"I'm Hayley. Congrats on getting into Benedict. You'll have fun for sure." The blonde was a bit more serious than Katalina. She gave me a daring smile, challenging me to impress her. 

The last girl I had not taken to notice. She was Asian, possibly Korean. She was shy and looked a bit lost next to the towering white girls next to her. 

"And who's this cutie? I haven't seen you around," Kris gave the girl a winning smile. 

Oh. I thought. So she wasn't one of those princesses.

"Oh her. This is Krystal. She'll be staying with me for this semester before she finds a dorm or her own home," Katalina said, with a slight tone of exasperation. 

This took me by surprise. Just a moment ago, she had been so friendly and bubbly introducing herself to me.

So this is what defines the Prima Donnas. This coldness to outsiders. 

We all settled down at a table. Kris was busy flirting with Krystal while Katalina and Hayley struck up a conversation with, well actually next to me, and I nodded along.

But my main interest was in Krystal. She was blushing and giggling shyly, and I knew she was falling for his charm. 

Kris was playng with her, I could tell. A player can always tell when someone is playing someone else. As much as I know it's not the greatest thing to be, I am a player myself. 

I continued to watch the pair, and I thought she was falling for him for sure, but then her phone rang. Startled, she looked at the caller ID.

If she was interested in Kris, she would leave the phone call. If she wasn't, she'd use it as an opportunity to leave. 

Kris knew this too. He flashed her another sweet smile. I chuckled silently. Kris had this girl by the leash.

To my surprise, however, she excused herself politely and went to pick up her phone. 

Kris was unfazed, he was just playing with her, after all. We exchanged knowing smiles. Great players think alike. 

I know this makes me seem like a huge or whatever, but it's all a game. 

I know what it feels like to be hurt by love when you take it too seriously. Yes, it's all a game and that's how you survive in this world.

As Krystal left, the spotlight of my attention shifted to a different form. One far more mysterious and elegant than even Krystal, who had managed to hold my interest for a while. No, this is who we were really waiting for. This angel, and she would be my angel. 

***

Victoria's POV

I knew she would be excited for this one! She tried to hide it, but I know her well enough to know that she tensed up when I mentioned the new kid was Korean. 

Dasom fiddled with the straps on her bag, gazing blindly out into the drizzle outside. 

"He's really cute, or at least I've heard. He hangs around with Luhan and Kris, so he's not bad at all! It's only his first day here. You should seriously try him! Kris is introducing him to all the others and I think they're there already-- are you even listening to me?" I pretended to look hurt. Well it wasn't much of a pretend.

Ever since her last bad break, Dasom's been different. Even I, especially I could feel it. She wasn't herself around guys and she didn't even want to be open with me, let alone the rest of the prima donnas. I never show it, but I am slightly concerned for her shriveling love life. 

She apologized and told me to continue. Before I knew it, we were at the cafe. 

I paid the driver and gave Dasom a sidelong glance. She was immersed in thought. She scrunched her eyebrows and let out a little sigh. 

"Hey, you alright? We can go home if you're not feeling well," I gave her a quick look over. She didn't have a fever, but she could have caught a cold in the rain. See what a caring friend I am? 

She shook her head. I took her by the arm and led her inside.

"Smile, honey" I muttered one last time before we walked in. 

As soon I walked in however, everything changed. I let go of Dasom's arm. 

My head spun and I knew, at that moment, that I couldn't let her have this one. 

***

A/N: HEY GUYS! pineapple_juice here!

So sorry I haven't updated gahhh so much work! 

SO WHO DO YOU THINK BARO's angel is?? 

Is it DASOM?? or VICTORIA?? 

I won't make any promises about updates, but I'll just have to update as much as I can. 

I finally got a wonderful poster! It was by exo_logist at Forbidden Dreamers hehe

thank you for it!

Anyways, keep reading, comment, upvote, message me!

DONT BE A SILENT READER!! I want to know what you guys think :) 

Thanks to all mah readers <33

BTWW I'll be having a poll for which other EXO members you want in the story!

Keep reading,

Love,

Your Author!