III

Oh! Jubilee

Dasom's POV

I watched as the cocky boy walked away. He's gorgeous, but he's rude. And conceited. And everything else you wouldn't look for in a guy. Shaking my head, I began to head back to my dorm. 

***

When I arrived, I threw the keys into the embroidered basket next the door, as I always do, and headed towards the kitchen. My roommate was preparing breakfast for herself. 

"Hey Sid." I waved as I walked, grabbing a croissant and pouring myself a cup of tea. 

"Morning Dasom. How was your run? Boring as always?" She asked, not looking up from her egg salad. 

I laughed inwardly. Today's run had been far from boring. 

"Can't really say that," I said, frowning at the memory of my encounter with this Baro person. "I'll tell you later," I added, when she gave me a curious grin. "Have fun with Howard's exam in Psych. I heard it's a killer." I laughed as she groaned inwardly. 

I grabbed a towel and headed towards the shower. Today is my free day, and free days mean Vic. Victoria is my friend, but also much more than that. We're a complex combination of long lost sisters, rivals, partners in crime, and whatever other nickname we've accumulated over the years. 

Together, along with some other friends, we make up the so called "Prima Donnas" of Benedict, which no one is too crazy about. I try my best not to be conceited about our nickname, after all we aren't the ones who made it up. But my indifference to our silly pet name earns me an additional reputation as a cold Ice Queen. Please. But enough said about me. 

If I am as icy cold as people say, then Victoria is the most badass player that ever existed. That is to say, she is... and she isn't at the same time. Just because she carries a considerable amount of history with men doesn't necessarily mean she is a bad person. Victoria is highly misunderstood and often appears on the top of the gossip throughout our school. 

But speaking of Benedict, the school I attend is a specialized high school for aspiring models and talents. Sure, it sounds like a place full of snobby rich children with as much talent as a toad, and it's probably true for some students here. But England has a plethora of schools that accept students like that, and our school does much better. I may be slightly biased. 

Benedict's students are chosen through levels of screening. Cold, strict, hard, blind screening that leaves little room for error. Which means judges don't know whether you're from the ghettos of New York City or the future CEO of some company in London. All the students here are extremely determined and talented in their respective fields, and I respect that. But that doesn't stop people from hating me. Well, we can't all be perfect. 

I might add that our school is probably one of the most sought after modeling schools in England, and the size of its reputation is proportional to the luxury of the bathroom. Even after three years at this school, I can't stop appreciating how much money Benedict pours into the design and maintenance of our bathroom and makeup rooms. But that's hardly relevant. 

I showered quickly and got dressed. Nothing too dressy, just a t-shirt and jeans with a cardigan.

9:00 AM. My alarm clock read. Vic wouldn't get here until 10.

I plopped myself down onto the couch in our living room, the soft leather cold against my arms, and switched on the TV. 

I flipped uninterestedly through the channels: BBC news, Discovery, History, Food.net, a rare korean channel showcasing last week's episode of a drama. I found my mind drifting off to other places, as it usually did when I the TV. 

Then my mind drifted off again to the strange boy I met earlier. He was annoying, but i had to admit he had guts to assume I was Korean. He had probably just gotten off of a flight from Korea, and he probably didn't have the finest English vocabulary to showcase. Yet, he was preppily dressed and was effortlessly attractive.

First impressions are everything in Benedict, and frankly he hasn't done a bad job. For now.

***

Baro's POV

I sighed as Luhan, Kris, and I exited the final class of our day and breathed the first breath of freedom in hours. 

Luhan chuckled softly at my exhaustion. 

"Already dying, aren't you? Wait til you meet the girls here. They will swarm around you like bees if you let 'em. Looks like you already have some followers." Kris laughed. "You'll fit in in no time at all." 

In fact, the combination of Luhan and Kris had attracted a decent crowd of subtle onlookers. I flashed a sweet smile to them, but honestly, none of them interested me.

I have to admit I was excited to meet more people, although communication might be an issue. But what are friends for? 

Luhan gave me a mock reassuring smile and patted me on the back. 

"Now, now, Sun-Woo yah, I'm sure you'll be fine in the hands of Kris Wu, officially the biggest player of all time. I, on the other hand and as mentioned before, am a total flub in front of the female gender so I shall leave you," he said, suppressing a laugh. I internally began to panic, but I wouldn't let it show. Not yet. 

I nodded confidently and waved as Luhan walked away. 

Kris grinned at Luhan's retreating figure. 

"He's just afraid to embarass himself in front of her,he said. 

"Her? Who her?"

"Oh, you'll see who." 

He then gave me a crooked grin and whipped out a pair of shades.

"Let's go, little boy. Time to meet the Prima Donnas."

***

Luhan's POV

I took one last look back at Baro and Kris before heading off to my part-time job.

Trust me, I don't work part time for the money, but sometimes I like to get out of the hectic scheduling and classes of Benedict for a breath of fresh air, well as fresh as it gets in London. Why I do part time? Well, it's a hobby. A hobby that no one really knows about. But no one really knows much about me anyway. 

As much as I try to make friends, Benedict is so superficial and shallow that there's nothing much beyond everyone's competitive and pretty facade. It's all... empty. That's why the public library is where I come for refuge. It's my second home. 

I walked into the library and greeted the head librarian quietly. He was a sturdily built man, well-dressed and had a sharp tongue, so I try to stay on his good side. I hurriedly put my school bag and coat in a locker and got to work. 

My main job at the library is to orgnaize away returned books, and this was what I was doing when my eye caught an interesting title.

The Fault in our Stars-- John Green.

It was an interesting name, one that struck me like an electric shock.

I picked it up gingerly, not wanting to mess up the alphabetically organized pile I had created on top of it. However, to my surprise, it did not have a library stamp in it. It didn't belong to the library. 

How odd. I thought. 

I opened up the cover, and the first page read:

Property of Krystal Jung

The writing was neat and the book was in excellent shape.

Then why--

"Hey that's mine!"

A soft, but shrill voice pulled me from my thoughts, and I instinctively looked up. 

To my absolute shock, my lips was a mere inch away from the face of a young, pretty asian girl. Her face began to redden, but neither of us pulled away right away.  Finally, she pulled back quickly and took a wide step back. She eyed me, not with the adulation that I usually got from teenage girls, but with a suspicious and innocent air. 

"I-- Umm.. I'm sorry about that. I thought it was a library book. You can have it back." I handed the book back to her, taking a last glance at the title.

She eyed me with interest. I went back to organizing books, thinking she'd lose interest and leave. 

"Do you.. want to borrow it?" Her voice startled me a little. I hadn't realized that she was still behind me. I turned around. Her expression was shy and she held the book out to me, motioning for me to take it. 

I felt my face break into a small smile.

"That's very generous of you. I would love to." She blushed a little. It was rather cute.

"When should I return it?" I asked. She hurriedly took out a pen and scrawled something in the inside cover of the novel. Then, she handed me the book then hurried away. 

I opened the book after her small figure was out of view. She had written her number in the cover of the book. 

I chuckled lightly at the little girl's childish, yet adorable actions. 

Yes, I would like to see her again. 

***

A/N

Heyyy all. Okay first off I'm gonna start with...

IM SO SORRY IM A TERRIBLE UPDATER but please bear with me... (SCHOOL VIOLIN LIFE IN GENERAL)

I promise more interaction between the characters soon, and im actually thinking of adding more EXO members to the picture.

COMMENT BELOW to suggest your fav EXO members to be in the story and I promise to update more often!

Message me, friend me, comment, subscribe, upvote, anything you want!

LOVE ALL MY READERS

sincerely,

pineapple_juice

PS: WHO LOVES OVERDOSE AS MUCH AS I DO?? EEK