I

Oh! Jubilee

Baro's POV

I blinked my eyes as a brilliant light hit the side of my face. The plane was about to land.

A loud PA announcement, in English of course, came over about the plane's landing, and I closed my eyes tightly to prepare myself.

When are you ever gonna get over motion sickness, Sun Woo.

Finally, I felt the plane jolt sharply as it hit the surface of the runway at London Heathrow Airport. Opening my eyes, I looked for the foreign immigration papers the stewardess had handed me a couple hours ago. 

I chuckled as I stared at them. She had scrawled her number on the information packet, which I didn't mind since I wouldn't have read it anyway.

I tried to help my neighbor go out first because she was old and had a lot of baggage. I wondered why such an old lady would travel alone. She was an English lady and she seemed shocked and a bit annoyed that I was helping her. 

"It's okay, young man," she said curtly, as I tried to get her carry-on bag down from the overhead compartment.

Sensing the growing awkwardness around us, I handed her the bag quickly and proceeded down the aisle. 

***

When I got out of the plane, the first thing that struck me was the smell. The people of London were a perfect mixture of cigarettes, cologne, and coffee all jumbled into one, awakening scent.

The nausea I felt in the plane vanished as this smell hit my brain. Now came the hardest part of the flight. 

As I headed toward immigration, my face fell. There were swarms of people of all races and colors in at least twenty different lines. 

A family of four pushed passed me as they tried to reunite with one another and a group tour leader held up a neon yellow sign that blocked my view. 

I clutched my VIP pass thing, something that was supposed to help me find a translator who would get me through this mess. At least my manager got that for me. 

Finally, I found the lane I was lookng for and hurried over, jostling several people.

At the kiosk, a lady dressed in a tightly pleated suit addressed me. 

"What is your last name and what language have you requested, sir?"

"Ah.. Cha. Korean."

"Ah, Mr. Sun Woo Cha, welcome to London."

***

When we finally finished, I checked my watch in annoyance. The security, immigration, and etc took such a long time, even with the translator. 

She helped me get a taxi, but I sensed that the driver knew I was a foreignor and would take me halfway around the city to extract as much fare as possible. I sighed. It would take a while to get there.

I my cell phone and it blinked to life. I had received a text from my friend, Jinyoung.

How was the flight??? You there yet??? Call me when you get there! 

I felt a slight pang in my heart as I imagined the worried expression he would have worn while typing this. I wouldn't see him for another year or two.

Sorry I couldn't call you earlier, I'm taking a taxi to my school. I'll call you when I get settled there!, I sent in reply.

I looked out my window. The dawn was just breaking, but I couldn't really tell because of the fog. 

"Looks like it's gonna rain." I attempted at a conversation with the driver in my broken English.

I winced at my thick accent. Maybe not.

I could hear him chuckle.

How much longer do I need to be in this car??

To my surprise, we pulled up in front of my new school seconds after I formed that thought. I fumbled with my wallet as I gaped at the enormity of the school.

"Here we are, Benedict Boarding School."

"Ah.. Tha- Thank you!" I managed.

"No problem sir! And about the rain, it's always like this in London! Enjoy your stay!" he said cheerfully as I got out. 

As he sped away, I realized that I forgotten to pay him. 

Oh well...

I turned back around to face the beautiful building in front of me. It was surrounded by a tall iron gate and I could see a courtyard garden through the rails. It was totally empty, since it was still really early, but birds chirped the arrival of daybreak. An engraved sign announced the proud school's motto.

Here, boys and girls are made ROYALTY

I took a deep breath and walked into my new world.

***

Dasom's POV

Music rang through my phone as my alarm signaled my time to wake up. 

5:00 AM. Perfect. I turned off my alarm, taking care not to wake my roommate and got dressed in shorts and a T-shirt. When I stepped outside, the cool Autumn air chilled my body. I plugged my earphones in to block out the sounds of the world and began to jog.

6:00 AM. The sun began to hit the trees, and I slowed to a walk. I ran my hand through my long, black hair as I caught my breath. The plaza was still completely empty except for a few birds. I propped my leg on top of a bench and stretched. Today was my free day. No classes, no lessons, no nothing. Just me alone. I sat down for a while as I scrolled through my music for an exciting tune. 

Why is all my music filled with breaking up and one-sided-love??

Who knows? I answered myself.

I let out a yawn and rubbed my eyes, momentarily blinded by the rising sun. 

When I got up, however, the sun was gone. Actually, blocked. By something. Or someone.

I blinked, trying to focus my eyes on the approaching figure.

It was tall guy on the phone with someone. But not in English, in.. Korean?

"Fine, fine, Mom. I'll send it in as soon as possible. Don't worry. Yes, I'm in my dorm. I've eaten. I have to go, Mom. Alright. Love you, bye," the stranger said.

I looked at him, puzzled. What was he doing here?

He evidently didn't attend the school, so was he lost?

But he had mentioned a dorm.

Whatever. Who cares? 

Anyways, it was none of my business. If there was anything I learned in London, it was that you didn't care about anyone's business but your own.

I plugged my earphones back in and began to jog back to my dorm.

"Wait!" Someone yelled. I paused. Then frowned. That was in Korean!

I turned around to see the stranger behind me, startlingly close, since I had been jogging and he would have had to run to catch up. My heart skipped a beat when I saw him, he certainly did have the features to be in this school. His face was milky white and his hair a golden brown. Korean. His sunglasses covered most of his other features, but I could tell he would be a player. After all, I am pretty quick to judge. Still, he was amazingly attractive. 

What are you thinking!? SHUT UP.

"Huh? Hello?" I tried in English.

"I know you speak Korean, I could see you observing my phone call to my mom, which clearly means you understand what I'm saying," he said, a bit sassily, confirming my thoughts that he was a player.

"Okay, you got me. What did you need from me?" This conversation was not going well.

"Nothing, just wanted to..." he stopped abruptly.

"What?"

"Never mind."

"No, tell me."

"Just wanted to see you up close. You're pretty cute, you know that?" My heart did a little backflip, and I could tell my face reflected it. He smirked, sensing my discomfort.

"Well, uhm.. Thank you.. uhh--"

"Sun Woo. Cha Sun Woo, but call me Baro."

"Thank you, Baro. Now is that really all you needed from me or--"

His sudden movement cut me off. To my surprise, he took my hands, with a surprisingly gentle grip, and reached for my phone. I yelped in surprise, but didn't stop him. He chuckled as he typed some numbers into my password protected phone.

"How did you---"

"I'm just a genius, what can I say." He laughed playfully. 

"Just kidding, it was unlocked to begin with. Never fear."

I just gaped at him in mild annoyance and shock. He chuckled and began to walk away.

"I'll be seeing you around, friend." He made a flirty call me gesture and winked.

We'll see about that, Baro.

***

A/N: Hellooo~~

It's been a litle while whooops.

Thanks to anyone who subscribed!

I'm going to try to update anytime I can, but I can't take too much time away from school, so thanks for your understanding!

I hope you enjoyed the first chapter and you can kinda see their personalities.

ooh and I'm trying to get a poster, so if any of you know some good shops, please comment :) 

To new readers, please comment and subscribeee :) 

Hope this reaches your expectations... haha

BTW friend me!

Anywaysss~~

BYEE