Baekhyun (Short story)

All It Takes

"Hyung, did you know Shin Ri came back yesterday?" Sehun said as he occupied the seat next to Chanyeol. "It was all over the news. Daeeebak!" He added. Just as they heard the front door screech.

"Kkaebsssssong!" Baekhyun chirped, seriously. "What's all over the news?" He asked and took some of what Sehun was eating.

"Guess who came back yesterday!" Sehun chimed. Baekhyun looked at Chanyeol then to Sehun with anticipation. "Shi-!" Sehun was cut off when Chanyeol puffed pop corns inside his mouth. "Yah!... hyung. Hehehe." He said then came running towards his room to save his life.

"What?" Chanyeol asked. "He's really annoyed me today." He added and went straight to his room, leaving Baekhyun with no answer.

 

 "Why dont you just get married, eh?" Sehun said, his words oozing with tease for the love birds and throw the pillow at Baekhyun's face, Shin ri was laughing beside him.

The problem was, Baekhyun never admitted how he feels. It was pure action explaining the unsaid three little words. And they were never a "thing". Shin ri never mind thou, she was totally fine with it.

"Yah! Sehun! Dont hurt my little puppy" Shin ri said and hugged Baekhyun by his head and ruffled his hair like a puppy, earning a look of disbelief from Baekhyun.

"And please stop treating me like a dog. Really." Baekhyun bluntly said.

All that was lacking was the confirmation that they both love each other. Although Shin ri, only said it once, she was always willing to say it when the time comes that Baekhyun will tell her the same. More than action is what they both need. Never complicated.

Everyone has already left by the time Shin ri started cleaning the mess they made. The boys sometimes annoys her with their mess and noise but she likes them nevertheless. Baekhyun stayed to help. "There's nothing more to fix and clean, except for the dishes.  You should go home now. It is getting late." She said and headed towards the kitchen.

Baekhyun followed and watched as she cleans the dishes. "Should i really make it official?" He asked and sat on the kitchen island.

"Official what?" She asked and smiled, a small smile that isnt even visible. But her heart was jumping.

"Oh c'mon." He said.

"Seriously." Shin ri turned and faced Baekhyun with a plain expression.

Baekhyun pulled her by the waist, using his long legs and locked it behind her back. Resting his arms on both of her shoulder. "Us. You and me. Duh. What else."

"You dont ask a girl like that, idiot." She answered and flicked his forehead, hiding her smile.

"Oh." He laughed. "But i dont want to hear your answer tonight, im giving you three days and i want you to think of it carefully because if ever you say yes," he looked into her eyes and tightened his hold on her waist, pulling her closer than ever. "there's no turning back." He finished and kissed her forehead. It was pure bliss and satisfying.

 

 

 

"Youre out of it again." Sehun said and shrugged Baekhyun's shoulder. "It's your turn. Just give me the card i need so we can end this already."

Baekhyun put the cards on the table and left. "My head aches, night."

"What happened to him?" Sehun asked.

"Shin ri happened." Chanyeol answered.

"What did i missed?" Sehun questioned.

"Nothing. But Baekhyun definitely missed everything." Chanyeol sighed and closed his eyes. Baekhyun and his feelings are very tiring.

 

 

 

"Why is there many foods? Did i forget who's celebrating their birtday today?" Baekhyun asked the moment he entered the kitchen and saw platters of foods.

"Youre and idiot if you forget any of our birthdays. But, no ones celebrating. Jongin, Suho hyung and D.O said that they'll come over." Chanyeol answered, Baekhyun nodded his head.

"Someone's ringing the door bell." Sehun shouted from the living room.

"Then why dont you go get it, lazy bum." Baekhyun answered.

"Im busy."

Baekhyun didn't talked anymore because he know he'll never win with Sehun's activated laziness. He went and opened the door to welcome their guests.

"What's up!" Jongin said.

"How's everyone?" Suho asked.

D.O just nod as a sign that he acknowledge Baekhyun's courtesy. He was about to close the door when Shin ri suddenly came out of nowhere.

"Hi!" She said raising her hand and went to go in.

 

Everyone was happy with their unplanned mini reunion. Much has been talked about. Catching up was their point. Reminiscing was their plan as a whole.

"Who's phone is ringing?" D.O asked.

"Oh." Shin ri said and looked for her purse. "Excuse me." She said and went to the balcony.

Everyone had their share of looks, Shin ri was just nodding at the phone. Probably her manager.

"Im sorry I had to go, something came up." She said, fixing herself and moving fast as she bids goodbye.

"Baekhyun will drive for you." Suho said.

"No. It's fine. Im pretty sure you need him more than i do." She said and went to go.

"Just go." Jongin said and pushed Baekhyun  away. "Idiot."

"Yah! Im letting this go because i need to catch someone." Baekhyun answered.

Just in time when Baekhyun arrived in the bus stop, Shin ri was hailing a cab. "I'll drive for you." He said over the window. Shin ri didnt think twice and went inside the car.

The drive from where they're from to where they need to be was almost a four our drive.  They whole ride was deafeningly silent. No music, not much of the sound of the engine was heard. Only the sound of their suffocated beating hearts was audible. "You should sleep." Baekhyun suddenly spoke.

"Hmm." Was her answer nd went to look outside the window.

It was nearing midnight. The truth is she can't sleep, what else. She opened the window and let her hands be free, at least.

"So, how's New York?" Baekhyun  tried to make a converstion.

"It was fine." She answered.

"Your doing good in your work, right?"

"Hmm."

"How's your life there, then?"

"Baekhyun would you stop asking? This small talk is making me uncomfortable." She finally said and closed the window. Incling the chair and closing her eyes, a sign that she dont want to be bothered anymore.

The ride continued. Shin ri finally fell asleep. Baekhyun's eyes was on the road even though his mind was wandering to where it really wants to go and see. Baekhyun pulled over, when they arrived at the address where Shin ri instructed him to go. He didn't wake her up yet. Just five seconds would be enough to savor the moment of looking at her, but she slowly opened her eyes and saw how tenderly she was being watched by those sad eyes. She sat up straight and scanned the place they were in.

"Thank you for driving me here, go back safely." She said as she reach for the seatbelt when Baekhun held her hand.

"What difference does it make?" He asked and looked at her. "If i have told you how i feel." She shrugged his hand away and unlucked the seatbelt.

"You could have actually made me stay. That was all i ever wanted. You knew that. But you chose to push me away. So i let go." Was her last words before exiting the car.

 

 

 

 

 

He he he bye!