A Broken Heart

A Broken Heart

Victoria stared at herself in the mirror while the stylist is curling her hair to match with her dress. She could see that Chang Min was sitting on the sofa at the corner and he was watching her. She still couldn’t believe that she is attending the wedding with him. After the stylist finished his work, Chang Min came over and placed his hand on her shoulder. He knew that she was worried and wanted to give her support.

“Don’t worry. I’ll be by your side,” Chang Min told her.

When Chang Min and Victoria showed up at the wedding venue, Kyu Hyun was the first to spot their presence. Kyu Hyun’s parents approached Chang Min.

“Chang Min, I haven’t seen you in a long while,” Kyu Hyun’s mother said. “What is she doing here?”

“She’s my partner for tonight,” Chang Min answered.

“Chang Min, enjoy yourself tonight,” Kyu Hyun’s father interrupted their conversation. “Victoria, you too.”

After that, Kyu Hyun’s father dragged Kyu Hyun’s mother away from both of them. Victoria saw Kyu Hyun standing at the other end of the room. Beside him was Yoo Na. She could feel the pain from her heart when she saw Yoo Na was holding Kyu Hyun’s arm and chatting to the guest happily. When Kyu Hyun looked for Victoria, he realized that she was looking at him too. He smiled at her but she looked away immediately. Yoo Na found out that Kyu Hyun wasn’t paying attention to her conversation with the guest. She followed his gaze and realized that he was looking at Victoria. Without waiting for his response, she dragged him along with her and walked towards Victoria.

“Hi, we meet again,” Yoo Na greeted Victoria.

“Annyonghaseyo,” Victoria greeted Yoo Na and her gaze stopped on Kyu Hyun but she looked away from him quickly.

“Ara unnie invited you?” Yoo Na asked.

“She’s here as my partner,” Chang Min’s voice came from Yoo Na’s back. He walked to Victoria’s side and passed her a glass of cocktail.

“And you are?” Yoo Na never met Chang Min before.

“I’m Shim Chang Min,” Chang Min answered Yoo Na.

“Are you two dating?” Yoo Na asked Chang Min.

“I don’t think this has anything to do with you,” Chang Min replied her. “Excuse us.”

“She already has another person guarding her,” Yoo Na spoke.

“What are you trying to say?” Kyu Hyun asked her.

“Letting you know that it’s time to let go of her,” Yoo Na replied.

“Yoo Na, being possessive isn’t a good thing,” Kyu Hyun looked at Yoo Na. “You don’t love me. You only want to get married with me because I remind you of him, isn’t it? You just want me to replace him and stay by your side. But, I’m not him and you know it. You know how much I love Victoria but you’re not willing to let go of me. Is this the right way to love a person?”

Yoo Na was startled by Kyu Hyun’s words. She didn’t know what to say to him. She just stood there and watched Kyu Hyun walked towards his sister. Is she too greedy to ask for his love? She is confused.

“Noona,” Chang Min and Victoria approached Ara who was alone after taking photos with her friends.

“Chang Min,” Ara gave Chang Min and then turned to Victoria. “Victoria, thank you for coming.”

“Unnie, congratulation,” Victoria told Ara.

“Chang Min, can you give us a second?” Ara asked Chang Min.

“Okay,” Chang Min walked away from the two of them but his gaze never left Victoria.

“Victoria, how are you all these years?” Ara asked.

“I’m good,” Victoria smiled at her. But Ara read a different emotion from her smile. She could feel that Victoria wasn’t happy at all.

“Believe me, you’ll find your happiness,” Ara left Victoria to look for her husband after saying those words.

‘Can I?’ Victoria questioned herself.