I Missed You

My oppa, Lee Sungmin

Miyoung POV:

"We should get going, shouldn't we?" Donghae smiled at me.

"Sure."

"I'm sure that your brother is wondering what's taking us so long."

Donghae, being somewhat of a gentleman, held my bedroom door open for me as we walked out.  I was too busy staring at him to notice the stairs.

"Kya!"

"I got you."  Donghae's hand reached out for my arm right before I fell flat on my face.  

"Thanks for stopping me from falling," I looked down shyly.

"No problem," he replied with a smile.  He tightened his hold on my hand and started swinging our arms casually. 

I smell pancakes.  I haven't had pancakes in a long time.

"Morning, Sungmin-hyung."

"Morning bro."

"Ah, good morning!" he replied.

The scuffling of chair legs could be heard as we sat down for breakfast. 

"Now that I think about it, this is the first time I've eaten a meal with people," I spoke up.

"Eh?  Didn't your parents eat with you?"

"Well..."

Sungmin POV:

"Mom and Dad were never around while I grew up.  They went to work at five in the morning and came back at seven in the evening."

"That's...sad."

"No.  It feels strange eating with so many people, though."

"Miyoung, you're Sungmin's sister.  Which means that you're pretty much our sister as well.  If you need something, don't be afraid to ask.  The worst we can say is no." Jungsoo smiled.

"Wow, hyung.  You were never this nice when I moved in," Kyuhyun said.

"Kyuhyun, you're pushing it."

"Don't you guys have a schedule?" Miyoung spoke up.

"Well, actually, we're free today."

"I'm finished.  I'll see you around, okay?" Miyoung took her plate to the sink, washed it, and put it away.  Then she walked out of the kitchen and back up the stairs.

"What a sweet girl!  She even does her own dishes." Heechul whispered to Hangeng.

"I don't want to hear you two whispering about my sister," I said.

"Protective, are we?" Heechul smirked.

"No, it's just..."

"I understand, man.  If I had a younger sister, I wouldn't want any of you idiots hitting on her," Heechul drawled.  Then he grabbed Hangeng's hand and pulled him out of the kitchen.  "Come on, Hannie.  Teach me more Chinese."

Miyoung POV:

Tell him before it's too late.

I paced around in my room.

The least he can do is tell you he hates you.

I peeked out of my room.

He loves you.

I walked up to Sungmin's door.

He wants to be the older brother he used to be.  He even admitted it himself.

I knocked.

From the room, someone said, "Come in."

I opened the door slowly.  He looked surprised that I was there.

"Hi..." I said slowly.

"Miyoung? Is something wrong?" he asked, his voice filled with concern.

"No, no, nothing like that," I said quickly.

"Well, what do you need then?" he asked.

I took a deep breath and told him, "I-I missed you."

He looked shocked.  Well, he should be.  He didn't know that I missed him; he only thought I was mad at him.  My eyes were getting blurry.  The worst time for tears.

He stood from his bed, walked up to me slowly, and gave me a hug.

He whispered to me, "Oppa missed you too."

And the tears came.